Spike Perry Memorial sail by/race

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
291 replies to this topic

#201 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Just passing the south end of Whidbey. I can virtually see Bobs place from here. See you all soon!

#202 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,552 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Just passing the south end of Whidbey. I can virtually see Bobs place from here. See you all soon!

I can see Bob's place from here, virtually. Play safe!

#203 PNW Matt B

PNW Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

So... We're in Everett at the guest dock, but SWMBO has decreed we shall be chicken. (Err, prudent sailors.) Comditions aren't bad - overcast but warm and not actually raining for quite some time, winds not as high as 20 knots (at least not from here in the marina). But the kids need some solid exercise before subjecting them to a crowd, and they're tired of being stuck on the boat. Yesterday was quite long, and I'm more interested in keepin them happy on board than anything else right now.

So we'll be there by car, and you may all call me chicken if you like - of only for not bucking the will of SWMBO. :)

Oh yeah - and now that I'm not arriving by boat, can someone PM me the address or directions? I know the neighborhood but I probably should have a more precise destination in mind.

#204 PNW Matt B

PNW Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Okay, address acquired. Thanks

#205 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Come on people, pics/report required!!

Isnt this internet need it now thing fantastic?

Uncle Bruce has already entered the next mode. Bloomers and Hung have lobbed, a new story.

#206 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

The Spike sail by fell on a rainy, typically PNW day so in fact it became a drive by with only the Intrepid Thorvald sailing up. Of course Kimb came up in his high speed and ultra cushy catamaran but he doesn't have sails just two gigantic outboards. It was a lot of fun, a bit hectic and the sillyness lasted well into the night. We had a room full of guitar players so there was much music. Anomaly who couldn't be here this weekend left two big Sockey fillets which were nicely cooked by the team. There was certainly no shortage of food with steaks, brats, lamb chops, Italian sausages, hamburgers and of course the salmon along with a variety of salads and sides including my 10 lbs. of potato salad.
In attendance were:
Oregonarchist
Wun Hung Lo
Boomberries
PNW Matt and entire family and crew
Viktor and wife
Thorvald and wife
Kimb and SWMBO
Trickypig
Courtney
Blackjenner and wife

As I sat there absorbing all the action it occurred to me what a weird and tight family we have on SA/CA. Thanks to everyone who came or thought about coming.

Attached Files

#207 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

1339940719[/url]' post='3754422']
The Spike sail by fell on a rainy, typically PNW day so in fact it became a drive by with only the Intrepid Thorvald sailing up. Of course Kimb came up in his high speed and ultra cushy catamaran but he doesn't have sails just two gigantic outboards. It was a lot of fun, a bit hectic and the sillyness lasted well into the night. We had a room full of guitar players so there was much music. Anomaly who couldn't be here this weekend left two big Sockey fillets which were nicely cooked by the team. There was certainly no shortage of food with steaks, brats, lamb chops, Italian sausages, hamburgers and of course the salmon along with a variety of salads and sides including my 10 lbs. of potato salad.
In attendance were:
Oregonarchist
Wun Hung Lo
Boomberries
Viktor and wife
Thorvald and wife
Kimb and SWMBO
Trickypig
Courtney
Blackjenner and wife

As I sat there absorbing all the action it occurred to me what a weird and tight family we have on SA/CA. Thanks to everyone who came or thought about coming.

As always a visit to the beach shack is the highlight of the week, great food, great people, great location.
Courtney fit right in and could dish it out as well as she could take it.
Gatherings of the WLYDO are not to be missed.

#208 Nessun Dorma

Nessun Dorma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Can you ID the folks, left to right, in te photos? Great shots !

In attendance were:
Oregonarchist
Wun Hung Lo
Boomberries
Viktor and wife
Thorvald and wife
Kimb and SWMBO
Trickypig
Courtney
Blackjenner and wife

#209 Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Forget all the music stuff...what was on the menu?

#210 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Can you ID the folks, left to right, in te photos? Great shots !

Left photo: Left to right:
Maestro
Trickypig
Courtney
Booms
SWMBO
KimB
WHL
Kerry
Blackjenner
Vicki
Viktor

in front left to right:

Ruby the wonder dog
Riley (Courtney's pal)
Freda the grand old lady of WLYDO

#211 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Middle Picture:

KimB
Booms
Oregonarchist

#212 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

ND:
Sure, I can do that.
In the outside group shot from left to right:
Me
Trickypig
Ruby my dog
Courtney
Booms
SWMBO (Kim's wife Sue)
Courtney's dog Reilly
Kim in the hat
WHL
Kerry, Blackjenner's wife
Freda, my other dog
Blackjenner
Vicki, Viktor's wife
Viktor

PNWMatt and Oregonarchist had not showed up yet.

In the shot with the two guys and the lady the lady is Booms and Kim is on the left and Oregonarchist is on the right.

In the shot in front of the fireplace left to right:
Blackjenner
Mrs. blackjenner
Mrs. Thorvald
Matt's crew
Thorvald in checkered shirt
Booms
WHL
Oregonarchist
me and Trickypig on the floor with my dog

In this shot you have Thorvald on the left, Trickypig in the middle and WHL on the right.

Attached Files

#213 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Last picture (taken after SWMBO, Courtney and I had departed in the catamaran to beat our way south into 25 knots of breeze):

left to right:
Blackjenner
Kerry
Terry
Matt's crew
Thorvald (in back)
Booms
WHL
Oregonarchist
Maestro
legs of PNW Matt?
seated in front with Ruby is Trickypig

#214 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

After a quick edit Maestro and I agree!

#215 Nessun Dorma

Nessun Dorma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

many thanks, the context and names make sense now.

After a quick edit Maestro and I agree!

#216 OAITW

OAITW

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good morning Bob,We just want to thank you and your sweet wife for a very enjoyable afternoon.
It was nice to see Booms,Wun and Kimb again,and a treat to meet you and the other CA'ers.
It was also great to hear that Eclipse has a new home.I forgot to ask where she is now,I would like to go see her.
Thanks again, Vic and Viki

Oh,Viki wants to thank you for allowing her to get stuff off your beach:D

#217 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Viktor:
Glad you and Vicki came and happy that you had a good time. But, I think I saw Vicki's
sack of shells on the deck this morning. I may have to mail them to you.

ECLIPSE is down in Shilshole now and James is living in Spike's old apartment behind Max's house ( our old house)in Ballard.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.

#218 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

1339950898[/url]' post='3754559']
Good morning Bob,We just want to thank you and your sweet wife for a very enjoyable afternoon.
It was nice to see Booms,Wun and Kimb again,and a treat to meet you and the other CA'ers.
It was also great to hear that Eclipse has a new home.I forgot to ask where she is now,I would like to go see her.
Thanks again, Vic and Viki

Oh,Viki wants to thank you for allowing her to get stuff off your beach:D

Eclipse is in Shilshole with a big tent over her.......

#219 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Here is another shot of our great group.
That's PNW Matt and his daughter, Lilly, on the right sitting next to me. She's a great little kid and appeared to have a good time.

Attached Files

#220 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Sounds like a fitting remembrance. Lorrie and I wish we could have been there. I'm hoping Viktor told you guys why I was motoring in 15-20K & 4-5' chop in driving rain from Bellingham to Friday Harbor during the sail by. So when my glasses were so screwed up from the rain that I couldnt see the GPS I was hoping a bunch of Bob boats which are designed for those conditions were bashing their way to the beach. I was sailing! Just way off course. ;)

So we're dropping by the beach place today on our way back to Spokanistan. Get the low down.

Got to meet more of the CA crew!

I think Spike would have been excellently nonplussed by the show. Miss that kid. ( I'm 60- I can say stuff like that now. :)

About 1pm Bob! The drive by continues!

#221 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Oh. Fog too.

Weee!

#222 OAITW

OAITW

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Viktor:
Glad you and Vicki came and happy that you had a good time. But, I think I saw Vicki's
sack of shells on the deck this morning. I may have to mail them to you.

ECLIPSE is down in Shilshole now and James is living in Spike's old apartment behind Max's house ( our old house)in Ballard.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.

No worry's, Viki got hers,must be some other persons sack:D
Thanks again, good times. Vik

#223 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Always fun .. thanks Bob and Jill

#224 Jose Carumba

Jose Carumba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Sorry I missed such a fun gathering. I was going to race yesterday but ended up going to an air show with my grown sun as a fathers day thing. Sort of a tradition. It looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves.

#225 Boomberries

Boomberries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

A special thanks to you Bob & Jill, for your wonderful hospitality. Love ya both. I'll miss my 4 am wake up call from Ruby tomorrow morning.

I can testify that Bob does indeed, make a mean potato salad. The BBQ salmon was excellent. Thanks Anomaly2, and thanks to the WYLDO BBQ team for cooking everything to perfection.

WHL - thanks for the fantastic dinner you cooked at the Beach shack, on Friday.

Wonderful weekend - great people, good food, wonderful guitar music (& some singalongs) by the talented Maestro, WHL, Blackjenner and Oregonarchist, and lots of laughs. Bob played a flawless rendition of Waltzing Matilda in honor of trickypig. B) Nice to see some folks again and to meet new ones

The bag of beach treasures left behind, belonged to the darling daughter of PNW Matt. We had a delightful time on our beach explore.

To our friends on CA that could not join us for the evening, you were with us in spirit.

Booms

#226 Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thanks Boom...we all wanted to be there, but "there" is a long way away.

#227 WHL

WHL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Thanks to Bob and Jill for a fun weekend and it was good to meet some new CA faces.

#228 Mung Breath

Mung Breath

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

Maybe a Right Coast version in July?

#229 oregonarchist

oregonarchist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

Good times, great people.

Bob and Jill, thank you once again for the amazing beach house hospitality and all the tasty eats; Jill -- an extra thanks for the leftovers!

Great to see old friends, and meet a few new ones. Spike was fittingly remembered; a toast by all and a moment in the music truly not to be forgotten.

Bob did really nail Waltzing Matilda this time around; BlackJenner revealed himself a poet and a songwriter, and WHL was lost for a good chunk of the evening channeling Mark Knopfler.

Booms -- if Hung has you managing the sheet music next time, don't forget to tell him, OA need the chords, not just the words.

PNW Matt -- say hey to my new buddy for me, please; tell her thanks for the fun!
Trickypig -- if you get missing home, I'm sure you can head down this way and shear one of my daughter's sheep. :P

Here's to a little more sun and a few more boats next year.

Sons -- I brought the jam with me; Kim got his, and I left some for Bob. Wanted to make sure yours was travel-safe, so put 500 miles on it in the car this weekend. Looks like it made the trip OK, promise I'll get it into the mail one of these days. Really...

#230 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oregon:
I found a blue XL coat hanging in the entryway yesterday. Is it yours?
I can mail it to you if you like.
If not, then I'm sure it will look good on me.

Your sea monster is still standing and looks great on the beach. Nice work.

#231 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Thanks to Bob and Jill for a fun weekend and it was good to meet some new CA faces.

+1. Great folks, all of you. Had a nice sail home too, with a northerly after motoring for a while. 3 maybe 4 raindrops.

#232 PNW Matt B

PNW Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

We had a great time as well. Bob/Booms, Lilly hasn't mentioned her bag of shells and such, but she has mentioned three or four times that she needs to go back to see Bob and Jill. She's quite serious about it, by the way.

OA, she says Hi to you too, and I don't think she quite gets that all her new friends don't live at Bob's house. She gets that it's Bob and Jill's house, but she seems to expect to see everyone else there next time she's there, too. :huh:

Delivering home to Anacortes was an adventure of sorts. I was really wishing I'd gotten the sails usable for a while... I got passed by a Catalina 30 under sail and I'm pretty sure the skipper was laughing at me. Getting from Everett to about Elger Bay was the adventure part - the highest RPM I can sustain without overheating (yeah, I need a pressure flush on the cooling system, I think) was only good for 3 knots into that NW wind. Less at points. I managed to skirt the Whidbey shoreline for a little cover, then across to Elger Bay, then I made it out of the worst of the wind and without touching the throttle managed 5 knots. 6.5 when we cleared Camano and didn't have the wind on our nose anymore. Nine hours, dock to dock, and five of them were just getting to Elger Bay.

#233 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I also had a fantastic time meeting everyone at the drive-by. Thanks so much to Bob and Jill for opening up their lovely home to all of us and the dogs. Riley had so much fun he crashed once we got back into the catamaran, sleeping restlessly in my arms as we hopped waves with kimb and SWMBO. And as I type this, he's still snoozing in our v-berth, catching up on his naps he missed over the fun and busy weekend. The life of Riley is a tough one.

Bob, that potato salad was fantastic, I'm glad I tossed out my diet for the day to enjoy it. And Jill, thanks for providing the aspirin so I could eat the carbs and sugar without a headache! Great peeps, all of you anarchists, and I hope to see you all again on the seas or, hopefully, on dry and sunny land.

#234 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yep Courtney, it was a partay to remember. Glad the dogs got along so well. But hell, they are CA dogs so what would you expect. Too bad Anom was not here with Scout. To watch Scout and Ruby go at it is an amazing site.

Matt: Just come on up when the mood strikes. I think Lilly and Oregon really bonded. She is an engaging kid. I'll make sure there are shells on the beach waiting for her.

Viktor:
I came up to the office this morning, turned on CBC 2 but when they played that pseudo Irish song by Bruce Springsteen I couldn't take it anymore so I put on your Tony Rice cd. That I like. It's a keeper.

I like the SA banner flying from the deck. It's still there. I may leave it.

I'm still eating potato salad.
My fridge is full of steaks!
I have eight loaves of bread in my freezer.

WHL's Friday night Cantonese feast was amazing. I think my cooking skills have dropped in the eyes of my wife.

#235 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm finally at work and have some time to thank everyone for the wonderful time.

As always, Bob and Jill were great hosts. We really appreciated the rack for the night. The morning swim made Kerry very happy.

Thanks for shoving your Gibson at me, Bob. It was a pleasure to play. Thanks for taking care of my dad's guitar too.

The music was great. Thanks to WHL for his amazing lead along songs I had previously thought were hard. They aren't when he was leading them. OregonAnarchist, you did not butcher that song, no matter who was poking at you. I liked it. Nice work. Bob, for a base player, you play a mean "Waltzing Matilda." I also loves, "Spike Walk on Water." Great song there.

It was great to meet Courtney, and Riley. You guys make a neat pair. Kim kept poking at us to have a duel on the lawn. I had to keep turning him down because I didn't want to have all of you see me get beat by a girl. Actually, it's an honor to get beat up by a girl. I just didn't want you to see it. Maybe next time. :)

Tricky Pig, you wowed Kerry with your stories of sailing. She's all excited and stuff.

Sorry I didn't get to meet Matt and family as there was a lot going on when all the guitars came out. Maybe next time.

Thanks everyone for the company. It was great to see you all.

#236 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

It was great to meet Courtney, and Riley. You guys make a neat pair. Kim kept poking at us to have a duel on the lawn. I had to keep turning him down because I didn't want to have all of you see me get beat by a girl. Actually, it's an honor to get beat up by a girl. I just didn't want you to see it. Maybe next time. :)

I haven't sparred in many months, so I'm rusty, and you would've handed my gluteus maximus right to me, I'm sure. The last time I sparred I got kicked in the head by a 16 year old black belt boy, and my ear hurt for weeks! I need to get back into sparring, though, then we can fight it out at some point and entertain the masses. And it would be entertaining, in that everyone would laugh at me, I take it seriously but fight like a wet kitten.

#237 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Paps:
You would have had a good time. We had food coming out our ears! I didn't do anything. I just sat there and watched others do the food prep and cooking.
It was a bit stressful for me with all these people in my house but they are all good people and we had a lot of fun.
I assigned Booms and WHL to keep me awy from the bottle. A word of advice, never give that job to a nurse! Booms followed me around all night, "Uh,uh, uhhhhh" Shitski, caught again.
I will say my singing voice was in fine form but it could have been finer if they had let me drink!

Oregonarchist showed up wirth a bottle of single malt. I told him to take it back to the car. I cried.

I have to hand it to my lovely wife Jill. She is not Australian so the idea of having a bumnch of strangers invade your home for the night and overnight is foreign to her. But over the last 35 years she has become acustomed to stangers on our doorstep carrying seabags and "G'day, I'm from Australia. Is Bob here?"

#238 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Paps:
You would have had a good time. We had food coming out our ears! I didn't do anything. I just sat there and watched others do the food prep and cooking.
It was a bit stressful for me with all these people in my house but they are all good people and we had a lot of fun.
I assigned Booms and WHL to keep me awy from the bottle. A word of advice, never give that job to a nurse! Booms followed me around all night, "Uh,uh, uhhhhh" Shitski, caught again.
I will say my singing voice was in fine form but it could have been finer if they had let me drink!

Oregonarchist showed up wirth a bottle of single malt. I told him to take it back to the car. I cried.

I have to hand it to my lovely wife Jill. She is not Australian so the idea of having a bumnch of strangers invade your home for the night and overnight is foreign to her. But over the last 35 years she has become acustomed to stangers on our doorstep carrying seabags and "G'day, I'm from Australia. Is Bob here?"

Indeed I would have Bruce. It looks like a great party and a good time had by all.

Actually my wife's company was recently taken over by an American firm. Last night she informed me that their reward system for those who exceed budget is a week in the Caimans in march.

Got me thinking of side trips!!

#239 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Paps:
Come on down!
I'd love to have you here.
And Seattle is really close to the Caymans. Sort of. Oh, well, kind of, a bit but not really.
But hell, a few Bloody Marys and a couple of security checks and you could be in the damp, drizzly, cold and very green PNW. Home!

I'll tell you what was funny. Saturday it drizzled all day. But there we were, standing around in the rain, nobody had anything resembling a rain coat on. Nobody cared. We just stood there and bull shitted and drank our beverages ( thanks Lin) and had a good, damp old time. If we smelled like a pack of wet dogs by the end of the night nobody noticed. Come to think of it I might always smell like a wet dog.
So, I got that going for me.

#240 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Paps:
Come on down!
And Seattle is really close to the Caymans. Sort of. Oh, well, kind of, a bit but not really.
But hell, a few Bloody Marys and a couple of security checks and you could be in the damp, drizzly, cold and very green PNW. Home!

I'll tell you what was funny. Saturday it drizzled all day. But there we were, standing around in the rain, nobody had anything resembling a rain coat on. Nobody cared. We just stood there and bull shitted and drank our beverages ( thanks Lin) and had a good, damp old time. If we smelled like a pack of wet dogs by the end of the night nobody noticed. Come to think of it I might always smell like a wet dog.

Paps, if you show up at the beach shack you can count on me showing up to meet you. I would even take you over to the School if you want to show you my little day-sailor project.

#241 Boomberries

Boomberries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

A few pictures from the weekend, WLYDO BBQ Team & Guitar Ensemble, Ruby and Pumpkin

Trickypig has a very impressive and enviable sailing resume!! I Wish I had more time to listen to his stories. I hope he keeps a blog on his next big adventure.

Attached Files

#242 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,552 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

A few pictures from the weekend, WLYDO BBQ Team & Guitar Ensemble, Ruby and Pumpkin

Trickypig has a very impressive and enviable sailing resume!! I Wish I had more time to listen to his stories. I hope he keeps a blog on his next big adventure.

What, is the barefoot BBQ the mark of manhood down there in Whatever County? You know you've overdone it when you look down and you have piano keys.
Banana slugs between every other toe...

#243 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

What, is the barefoot BBQ the mark of manhood down there in Whatever County? You know you've overdone it when you look down and you have piano keys.
Banana slugs between every other toe...

Well I actually came ashore wearing these, but everyone else was shedding their shoes so in the spirit of cooperation I did likewise....

Attached Files

#244 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

The leftovers were excellent.

And the potato salad was incredible.

Once we hit Cashmere, nothing but sunshine. US 2 with a strong following breeze. 25 mpg in the SRX!

Thanks Bob and Jill.

#245 oregonarchist

oregonarchist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Oregon:
I found a blue XL coat hanging in the entryway yesterday. Is it yours?
I can mail it to you if you like.
If not, then I'm sure it will look good on me.

Your sea monster is still standing and looks great on the beach. Nice work.

Yep, it's mine. Thanks. You can mail it if it's in the way, or just hang on to it for a spell. Now that the kids are out of school, I'm figuring on time and travel to open up a bit; I'll come fetch it. Besides, a while back you said you had some archiving work for me to do -- I reckon it's high time to get after that. Maybe we can even get a temporary beverage waiver from Booms -- maybe... In the meantime, I reckon the coat would look good on you, if you need to pull it on a time or two.

Glad you like the sea monster -- it was a joint effort with Lilly.

I'd love to back you again on your song, too. That's a hell of a song.

#246 oregonarchist

oregonarchist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

As Amati said, the leftovers were excellent. Had some for dinner tonight, and still have some leftovers leftover. Sorry to have missed you again in Seattle -- my oldest is headed to Spokanistan for school next fall, maybe we'll have to finally meet up inland.

Thanks to Thorvald for the ambiance added by actually bringing a sailboat to the sail-by -- she looked good out there just off the beach.Attached File  Bobsbeach.JPG   399KB   34 downloads

Black, I fear I may, in fact, have ever-so-slightly butchered that song. You have to admit it was a bit better with Rufus singing and me just playing along. Thank you for the moveable chord shapes -- I'll be playing with those some for sure, and bring them along next time. I don't expect that will be the last time I am poked at by that particular poker. But, I only put so much weight in his poking, anyway -- he's not a bad guitar player, but how much weight can you give to a guy who waters down his Scotch? Besides, poking isn't so bad; it's... motivational.

Thanks for the pics, Boom -- Trickypig does have some pretty impressive stories. It was fun listening to him and WHL trading tales, and hearing how closely their paths had crossed a time or two. As far as sailing resumes, seems you're on a pretty good path toward catching up!

Ish, I don't know about manhood, but barefoot is definitely a sign of guesthood at Casa Perry; keeps the beautiful wood floors beautiful, and minimizes the amount of early Sunday morning time spent srubbing little tar spots off of Bob's office floor. And the hallway. And the stairs...

Kim, those shoes are... well, my daughter was sitting here next to me a while a ago and saw the picture of them you posted. She said, "Dad, those are not pretty."

#247 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Paps:
Come on down!

Paps, if you show up at the beach shack you can count on me showing up to meet you. I would even take you over to the School if you want to show you my little day-sailor project.

Fingers crossed boys, we'll see what transpires. I would actually love to drive up from maybe SF or LA, how many days you reccon from each?

#248 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

As Amati said, the leftovers were excellent. Had some for dinner tonight, and still have some leftovers leftover. Sorry to have missed you again in Seattle -- my oldest is headed to Spokanistan for school next fall, maybe we'll have to finally meet up inland.

Thanks to Thorvald for the ambiance added by actually bringing a sailboat to the sail-by -- she looked good out there just off the beach.Attached File  Bobsbeach.JPG   399KB   34 downloads

Black, I fear I may, in fact, have ever-so-slightly butchered that song. You have to admit it was a bit better with Rufus singing and me just playing along. Thank you for the moveable chord shapes -- I'll be playing with those some for sure, and bring them along next time. I don't expect that will be the last time I am poked at by that particular poker. But, I only put so much weight in his poking, anyway -- he's not a bad guitar player, but how much weight can you give to a guy who waters down his Scotch? Besides, poking isn't so bad; it's... motivational.

Thanks for the pics, Boom -- Trickypig does have some pretty impressive stories. It was fun listening to him and WHL trading tales, and hearing how closely their paths had crossed a time or two. As far as sailing resumes, seems you're on a pretty good path toward catching up!

Ish, I don't know about manhood, but barefoot is definitely a sign of guesthood at Casa Perry; keeps the beautiful wood floors beautiful, and minimizes the amount of early Sunday morning time spent srubbing little tar spots off of Bob's office floor. And the hallway. And the stairs...

Kim, those shoes are... well, my daughter was sitting here next to me a while a ago and saw the picture of them you posted. She said, "Dad, those are not pretty."

First off they are not shoes they are "feet", secondly: what does your daughter know anyway? For the record Courtney has a blue pair maybe next time we will both wear them.....

#249 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Paps you can make that drive in two long days from LA. But just cruising up the Interstate highway I-5 is not a very pleasant drive.

I just don't like shoes in the house. It's the Chinese part of me.

Oregon:
I'll hang onto your coat.
The Spike song was a tune called STARCHED WHITE SHIRTS and I just changed the words. Glad you liked it.

#250 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

As Amati said, the leftovers were excellent. Had some for dinner tonight, and still have some leftovers leftover. Sorry to have missed you again in Seattle -- my oldest is headed to Spokanistan for school next fall, maybe we'll have to finally meet up

Sounds good. Let me know when you're up/over.

Paul

#251 PNW Matt B

PNW Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

The drive from LA can be done in one day if you're young and stupid. Ask me how I know!

It's better to do it in three long days and take the coast roads. A lot slower, but far more interesting than the interstate.

#252 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

As Amati said, the leftovers were excellent. Had some for dinner tonight, and still have some leftovers leftover. Sorry to have missed you again in Seattle -- my oldest is headed to Spokanistan for school next fall, maybe we'll have to finally meet up

Sounds good. Let me know when you're up/over.

Paul

Gerry, Paul is a kick in the pants, worth going out of your way to meet up with him for a drink or meal. Kim

#253 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

The drive from LA can be done in one day if you're young and stupid. Ask me how I know!

It's better to do it in three long days and take the coast roads. A lot slower, but far more interesting than the interstate.

That was what I was thinking Matt, the coast road for sure.

When I was over there my GF and I did LA-Miami in about 7 driving days I think. Bakersfield?, Albuquerque, Houston, New Orleans, Tallahassee.

For me it was a very musical trip. Route 66, standin on the corner in Winslow AZ, N'orleans and the Tennessee Bijou hummin " Gaters got yer granny". Stayed in NO at the "Corn Stalk Inn"

Almost didn't stop @ the Grand Canyon because I figured I had seen it on the screen so many times. How wrong can you be, it blew my freakin mind.

#254 Jose Carumba

Jose Carumba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Something was bugging me about the first picture in post #206 (the one that's posted on the front page). I couldn't quite place my finger on it. Then it dawned on me. How the hell did you get the dogs to stand still and pose for the picture so perfectly and all at the same time?

#255 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Jose:
I have no idea how that happened.
The dogs were all over the place and just happened to get lined up for a moment. They are good dogs.

#256 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

That is a great pic and right on the front page too. Sorry I couldn't get there in time to be in it, but one of us actually sailed to the Sailby. It was a blast and I was happy for the opportunity to honor Spike.

#257 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Thorvald:
I think I can speak for the group and say that all of us were jealous watching you sail in.

#258 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

That is a great pic and right on the front page too. Sorry I couldn't get there in time to be in it, but one of us actually sailed to the Sailby. It was a blast and I was happy for the opportunity to honor Spike.

I was indeed jealous. So jealous. So mad at myself for my little mishap and that I couldn't sail there. You looked to be having a blast, and three cheers to you for sailing to the sailby!

#259 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

1340237851[/url]' post='3758812']

1340231000[/url]' post='3758712']

I was indeed jealous. So jealous. So mad at myself for my little mishap and that I couldn't sail there. You looked to be having a blast, and three cheers to you for sailing to the sailby!

Sooooooo are you going to come clean and tell everyone what happened to you Courtney????

#260 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,552 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sooooooo are you going to come clean and tell everyone what happened to you Courtney????

C'mon, you can snitch on her.

#261 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

Come clean? Heck, everyone there knew EXACTLY what happened, and now I need to write about it in greater detail in the form of a blog post. But I'll leave a tease for y'all here.

I RAN AGROUND!

Was I doing anything daring and adventurous when I hit the bottom? NOPE! I anchored in a bad place and slowly but surely tipped over. Yep. Then kimb and SWMBO came to the rescue.

Ineptitude, baby, I was allllll over it on Saturday. Frankly I'm a bit disappointed that no one mentioned my fantastic mishap until now. What, did you guys think I couldn't take the teasing? Maybe it was because everyone was being polite and gracious regards Bob and Jill's hospitality and musical talents (sorry I missed out on that).

For your enjoyment, here's a picture of us in the process of tipping over in Kingston.

Attached Files

#262 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

1340241284[/url]' post='3758873']

1340240254[/url]' post='3758855']

1340237851[/url]' post='3758812']

1340231000[/url]' post='3758712']

Come clean? Heck, everyone there knew EXACTLY what happened, and now I need to write about it in greater detail in the form of a blog post. But I'll leave a tease for y'all here.

I RAN AGROUND!

Was I doing anything daring and adventurous when I hit the bottom? NOPE! I anchored in a bad place and slowly but surely tipped over. Yep. Then kimb and SWMBO came to the rescue.

Ineptitude, baby, I was allllll over it on Saturday. Frankly I'm a bit disappointed that no one mentioned my fantastic mishap until now. What, did you guys think I couldn't take the teasing? Maybe it was because everyone was being polite and gracious regards Bob and Jill's hospitality and musical talents (sorry I missed out on that).

For your enjoyment, here's a picture of us in the process of tipping over in Kingston.

Don't need to snitch because she is willing to stand up and tell it herself. BTW she is quite charming, SWMBO and I really like her.

#263 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

Thorvald:
I think I can speak for the group and say that all of us were jealous watching you sail in.

Green with the envy I was. Seriously. I wish Brigadoon could have been out there too.

#264 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

I RAN AGROUND!

Good on you for sharing.

I think the polite and decent thing to do is give you a chance to tell your own story.

Nicely done.

#265 PNW Matt B

PNW Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

Courtney, you know what they say. There are two kinds of sailors - those who've run aground, and fucking liars. ;)

#266 Boomberries

Boomberries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

Courtney, you know what they say. There are two kinds of sailors - those who've run aground, and fucking liars. ;)

Sooo true.:lol:

#267 Merrill Levi

Merrill Levi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

Heard this on the radio, made me think of you Bob.

#268 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

HAHA! Yes, in fact Bob told me the same thing at the would-be-sailby, but he didn't add the colorful adjective. I like it, though! Effing liars! If they haven't run aground, it's out there waiting for them. I'm just glad I did it on soft, grassy, muddy bottom and not on a giant rock. My only regret is that everyone riding the Ferry had a look at LIbby's bottom. She lost her dignity that day, and twas all my fault. Poor girl. She forgave me though, and blessed me with a great sail home on Sunday.

#269 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

HAHA! Yes, in fact Bob told me the same thing at the would-be-sailby, but he didn't add the colorful adjective. I like it, though! Effing liars! If they haven't run aground, it's out there waiting for them. I'm just glad I did it on soft, grassy, muddy bottom and not on a giant rock. My only regret is that everyone riding the Ferry had a look at LIbby's bottom. She lost her dignity that day, and twas all my fault. Poor girl. She forgave me though, and blessed me with a great sail home on Sunday.

As I was coming into the harbor on my daily commute last night I noticed a vessel anchored over near the shallows so in my typical Harbor Steward mode I drifted over and engaged them in conversation to warn them of the harbor's contour. They were actually anchored just outside of the grounding zone and they were planning on leaving well before low, but the most interesting fact was when I found out it was Steele who posts here once in a while.

I asked him why he did not show at the Beach Shack last Sat and he gave me a sheepish look. You just never know where you will run into a Anarchist! I should have thought to take a picture, (but I am not nearly that smart.)

#270 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I told her straight away when I found her there that I'd done it before. Did a nice job of it too.Was able to walk all the way around my boat when the tide was out.You know you're fucked when you wake up in the morning and the lovely floating motion is gone. Wait a minute. We aren't moving. At all! Son of a bitch! 8 hours later you're waiting for the tide to lift the boat and you're finally free again. Well I feel a bit better that you were all so jealous. Had a nice little race last night too.

#271 steele

steele

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

As I was coming into the harbor on my daily commute last night I noticed a vessel anchored over near the shallows so in my typical Harbor Steward mode I drifted over and engaged them in conversation to warn them of the harbor's contour. They were actually anchored just outside of the grounding zone and they were planning on leaving well before low, but the most interesting fact was when I found out it was Steele who posts here once in a while.

I asked him why he did not show at the Beach Shack last Sat and he gave me a sheepish look. You just never know where you will run into a Anarchist! I should have thought to take a picture, (but I am not nearly that smart.)

Kim, it was nice to meet you last night, but now I have even more guilt about my no show last weekend. In the end I was worried about trying to get home against a strong southerly. Our sail to your bay and the trip home last night was perfect, and we look foward to seeing Silver on your moring soon.

#272 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Kim, it was nice to meet you last night, but now I have even more guilt about my no show last weekend. In the end I was worried about trying to get home against a strong southerly. Our sail to your bay and the trip home last night was perfect, and we look foward to seeing Silver on your moring soon.

Well the Glacier Bay had no problem making it home in that southerly..........but Courtney and SWMBO we not that happy with our bashing south. It was a bit rough.

(Please come anchor in Blakely again.)

#273 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well the Glacier Bay had no problem making it home in that southerly..........but Courtney and SWMBO we not that happy with our bashing south. It was a bit rough.

On Sunday the wind changed and came from the North. I had a broad reach both ways. does it get any better than that?

#274 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

On Sunday the wind changed and came from the North. I had a broad reach both ways. does it get any better than that?

It would be very nice if you also came by and anchored in Blakely Harbor. We like visiting vessels.

#275 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

It would be very nice if you also came by and anchored in Blakely Harbor. We like visiting vessels.

I'll try to do that this summer some time. Thanks!

#276 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

I finally updated my blog with my sailing mishap of running aground. In the post I also give Thorvald gold stars for sailing to the sail-by, and kimb & SWMBO credit for my rescue.

http://tiny.cc/czgkgw

#277 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Great story Courtney! You exceeded my expectations! Thanks for the kind words.

#278 Jose Carumba

Jose Carumba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Agree, nice story. I expect to see the CA crew in one of your novels one day. That would be interesting.

#279 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ditto and that big slab sided cargo ship is, if I'm not mistaken a "car carrier" We get them down here quite a bit.

#280 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Nicely done, Courtney.

#281 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

A Car Carrier, eh? At the time it reminded me of that giant puffy ghost in Ghostbusters, only on water. Or a big marshmallow. Good to know it's not a haunted vessel...or whipped sugar...

#282 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Nicely written.

#283 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

The shack is getting a new paint job. Spiffy beige stain with violet trim.
Jill took down some of the metal pieces that Spike had made for us, PNW style Indian metal sculptures of whales and salmon.
She was going to spray paint them and get rid of the rust.

On the back of the whale, on a spot of shiny steel was written, "Happy Father's Day Dad, Spike."
So, I advise you to put your troubles in perspective.
Call your kids and tell them you love them.

#284 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

1340923987[/url]' post='3768846']
Jill took down some of the metal pieces that Spike had made for us, PNW style Indian metal sculptures of whales and salmon.

On the back of the whale, on a spot of shiny steel was written, "Happy Father's Day Dad, Spike."

Will do Bob.

#285 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

This brings tears to my eyes, Bob. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know that's trite to say, and I have no idea the pain you and Jill deal with every second, but I'm still so sorry. Life is about love, and everything else is just trimmings.

#286 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

This brings tears to my eyes, Bob. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know that's trite to say, and I have no idea the pain you and Jill deal with every second, but I'm still so sorry. Life is about love, and everything else is just trimmings.

You should have heard Bob's song for Spike. I know tears were welling up in my eyes. I think you nailed it there Courtney. All the rest is just trimmings.

#287 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

You should have heard Bob's song for Spike. I know tears were welling up in my eyes. I think you nailed it there Courtney. All the rest is just trimmings.

And how'd you get so smart anyway. You're only 28. took me like 60+ years to figure this shit out. But then you're female. Probably helps.

#288 Ironweed

Ironweed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Yep, and I did. I'm glad you found his message to you.

#289 oregonarchist

oregonarchist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

Sitting next to Bob, playing along with him while he sang that song was the single most moving moment of music I think I have ever experienced.

I'm headed out to watch a movie with my kids tonight. I'm not that interested in the movie, but they are.

It's not about me or the movie, anyway.

#290 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,794 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yes I am aware that my singing can make grown men cry.
Next time I'll give you ear plugs.

#291 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Naaa, sometimes a good song is worth the cry. :)

No earplugs for me.

#292 Thorvald

Thorvald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Naaa, sometimes a good song is worth the cry. :)

No earplugs for me.

None for me either. I felt it a privilege to feel a bit of the pain.