8 replies to this topic

#1 charlie don't surf

charlie don't surf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'll be at Snowbird with Sailor Wiff from 1/21 - 1/28, staying in the Lodge. I'm planning on doing the Snowbird/Alta lift ticket one day, but are there any runs that I should seek out or avoid? Also, the "village" looks relatively limited. Anything to do after a day (hopefully) of fresh powder?

Thanks!

CDS

#2 TPG

TPG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Don't mosey on high t or you'll get pain-trained off onto Sunspot.

#3 edboat

edboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

I thought this was a thread about another blue hair coming to Florida for the winter.

#4 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'll be at Snowbird with Sailor Wiff from 1/21 - 1/28, staying in the Lodge. I'm planning on doing the Snowbird/Alta lift ticket one day, but are there any runs that I should seek out or avoid? Also, the "village" looks relatively limited. Anything to do after a day (hopefully) of fresh powder?

Thanks!

CDS

What to avoid depends on how good a skier you are. Nightlife is somewhat limited in Snowbird but you can find bars. Buy some beer & wine and hang out in your condo after dinner.

#5 jocal505

jocal505

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Interests:performance sailing, downhill skiing, music

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thanks!

CDS

What to avoid depends on how good a skier you are. Nightlife is somewhat limited in Snowbird but you can find bars. Buy some beer & wine and hang out in your condo after dinner.

Okay, RR, let's say you are the guide, and we are able skiers, equipped and conditioned. Where ya takin' us this morning? Please continue.http://www.onthesnow.../skireport.html

• snow was well needed! fresh tracks this morning off littlecloud lift was great! rocks aplenty still and got pretty icy late in the day. pray for snow!

3 days ago at Snowbird.
  • Posted Imagegood snow for the most part, very windy up little cloud

3 days ago at Snowbird.
  • Posted Imagethe first two days on the mountain were deplorable, yesterday with the 8" of medium density snow made it emensely enjoyable. Be causious of the rocks! the ski maven

3 days ago at Snowbird.
  • Posted Imagetomorrow is guna be tits

3 days ago at Snowbird.
  • Posted ImagePowder, worked into giant moguls by late afternoon.

3 days ago at Snowbird.

#6 gabes

gabes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Thanks!

CDS

#7 gabes

gabes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Snowbird gets skiied out REALLY fast.

Look for the "keyhole" from Alta to Snowbird on the frontside. Hike out of Catherines area (Alta) and ski back to lift.

Nightlife is down the canyon, spend an evening in Park City for best time.

#8 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Nightlife at Snowbird is limited. Drive down into town a night or two. You should also spend a day / dinner / pub at Park City if you havent been there. Bit of a drive - but worth it. (Designated Driver or take a shuttle!) Ski one day at Alta.

There used to be a deal where you could back country ski from Park City to Alta but it's been a while since ive lived there. Idea is I think you will enjoy mixingh it up a bit then 6-7 days at Snowbird. They all are great.

#9 charlie don't surf

charlie don't surf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks all! Good info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users