337 replies to this topic

#1 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

In the S to H thread there were references to Mr Fisher being on the brink of a new maxi purchase, any updates? Genuine Risk was mentioned.

#2 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

He's chartering GR for Hobart next year

#3 Windy6327

Windy6327

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

I heard from a friend who had dinner with him that it had been "purchased" which could also mean chartered Genuine Risk for the price tag of $500k.

#4 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Syd losing his marbles. GR has been put out to pasture, why would you bother.?

#5 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

+1 That Genuine Turkey sat on the hard in Sarnia,Ont for a year .no one wanted to bail it out of CA/Tax court. before it was put back in ,as a donation,wasn't it.

PT Barnum award anyone?

Posted Image

"I requested my naturalist's opinion of the genuineness of the animal.
"

The Sirenfish also known as the "FeJeeMermaid"

#6 rumpig

rumpig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

maybe hes smaretr than u think

#7 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Syd losing his marbles. GR has been put out to pasture, why would you bother.?

if i had to put cold cash on Syds yachting moves or yours it would be Syd

just placed AGAIN in the S2H in an old boat

i'm with rumpig on this one

anyway wasn't it GR that did well against the overrated R100 in a Bermuda race ?
"she did won her class in the 2010 Bermuda race, she did win the mo bay race, she has won antigua, so it is not like she is a shitter."

add to that Syd now owns the bestest & newest yacht repair facility out there

#8 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

maybe hes smaretr than u think

There'll be a buck in it. Maybe someone elses'. Syd don't blow $$$$.

#9 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

I love the irony of this boat's come back performance in the past 12 months. It reads like a Hollywood story, like the Velventeen Rabbit or Black Beauty.... I can see the trailer now.

"Once there was a young boat, built to race across oceans and win races"

<Images of boat being built, then launched with campagne etc>

"With eager anticipation this boat, this Genuine Risk left on her first race, an epic crossing of the Great Lakes."

<Images of boats at the starting line, in the dial up, anticipatory music with driving beat>

"And disaster struck. The promise of victory turned to ash as poor Genuine Risk fell off the pace and was left far behind the pack"

<Cut to an arial image of pack of boats, camera pulls back and pans aft to show GR as small boat on horizon behind the pack, music turns mournful and ominous, fade to black>

<Scene opens of boat on trailer being backed into barn, then door slamming shut on her and people walking away>
"unloved and unwanted, poor misunderstood Genuine Risk was left abandoned in a cold, dark, dusty and lonely barn.

<Images of boat lying in the barn, dark with patches of light from opaque sky lights of fiber glass siding. young children run in and out of the barn and stare up at the boat, music remains sad and mournful>
Youngsters would wander by the barn and ask why she was there, and scornful adults would make snide comments about her lack of abilities.

<Motes of dust dance in the shafts of light, and a single bird lands on her deck, music lightens up with less percussion and more strings>

Once day a group of young and eager kids, able to see her true talents, rescued her from that lonely prison and began the journey back to the race course.

<The bird takes off through the now open barn door with a blue sky in the background, music begins to soar a bit, then fade to black>

<image of boat kissing the water once again, cut to image of boat moving down the waterway. Music has light beat and is hopeful>

Brought back to the water that gave her purpose, she glided along the windy and watery canal from the hinterlands to the sea and could smell the salt in the air as they approached the ocean - her spirits began to soar.

<images of boat work, stripping winches, polishing hulls, bending on sails. Music starts to get more percussive beat>

With loving refit and tender minstrations, the kids gently nursed her back to health until she was ready to start a small race, a race to the Vineyard and back.

<images of a small fleet, with GR mixing it up in the front pack>

And then.... the race for the crown, the race to Bermuda and the race to redemption!

<Images of the start, lots of boats, spectator fleet, shore spectators at Castle Hill, helicopters, etc. Music is back to up beat theme>

<Image of silver trophy fills screen, fades to a shot of GR approaching under spinnaker>

Now she gallops through the wave, a gleam in her eye and frolic in her step. No competitor is safe from this scrappy comeback kid, and those that scorned her now have to watch from the side lines as she races to victory!

<Music rises as boat fills screen and passes audience>
<Boat stern fills screen>
<Camera pulls back and horizon opens up>
<Fade to Black>

Its almost enough to bring a tear to my eye.

slight change to the script !

in Syds new shop she goes

10' added to the guts and the smiling new owner sails to a S2H 'double' win

( for well under AUD 500K, add to that keeps the tradesmen of his boatyard facility employed & busy during the winter off-season )

#10 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

Looking forward to what pans out. And JS you are correct, he is not known for throwing his money around!! Maybe he has finally decided he cant take it with him and not much time left?

#11 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

in maxi terms, hes been there and spent before, bought Bumblebee IV, won LH s2h

in maxi terms, he is not throwing money around

working at less than 5% of the opposition (cept warro of course)

#12 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

True GS, he has always had an eye for a bargain.

Unfortunately after spending some on BB IV via a new keel and Hood US #2 for the I think last Kenwood Cup in 88 he still bridled at buying fruit juice and sandwiches for the crew working in humid 35C temps working for nothing except airfares and accommodation, getting the boat ready.

A quote that sticks in my mind when a new crew member got a bit queasy on the first sea trial. "dont waste money paying for his lunch ever again, I will be checking!"

That said I had $20 on them for this Hobart, 40/1 how could I not? They nearly brought home the bacon.

#13 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

certainly a waste of food

#14 Alysum

Alysum

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

So what will happen to the TP? Will he keep it? Or will it race in paralleled with his extended crew?

#15 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

So what could Syd possibly achieve with this boat.? As Dennis Connor would say "It's a dog.!" Sorry Syd may have been a smart cookie in the past but I don't see what he could possibly achieve with this boat. It may be a bargain but he won't win races with it. Does anyone know what possible motive he would have, or put it another way, what could you do with GR..?

Someone suggested he's putting 10' in the middle to make it a 100 footer. Ok so he's gunna mod it, but did someone say all this for $500k.? Syd may see the sense but I think he's lost his marbles.
The wise man says don't throw good money after bad.

#16 the quiet one

the quiet one

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

So what could Syd possibly achieve with this boat.? As Dennis Connor would say "It's a dog.!" Sorry Syd may have been a smart cookie in the past but I don't see what he could possibly achieve with this boat. It may be a bargain but he won't win races with it. Does anyone know what possible motive he would have, or put it another way, what could you do with GR..?

Someone suggested he's putting 10' in the middle to make it a 100 footer. Ok so he's gunna mod it, but did someone say all this for $500k.? Syd may see the sense but I think he's lost his marbles.

Clearly, you have never met Syd.

#17 Jason AUS

Jason AUS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

So what will happen to the TP? Will he keep it? Or will it race in paralleled with his extended crew?

Plus I think his old Farr IMS 50 is still kicking around somewhere too...

#18 PIL007

PIL007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars-Fast Boats-Fast Woman and Beer

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Unfortunately after spending some on BB IV via a new keel and Hood US #2 for the I think last Kenwood Cup in 88 he still bridled at buying fruit juice and sandwiches for the crew working in humid 35C temps working for nothing except airfares and accommodation, getting the boat ready.

A quote that sticks in my mind when a new crew member got a bit queasy on the first sea trial. "dont waste money paying for his lunch ever again, I will be checking!"

That said I had $20 on them for this Hobart, 40/1 how could I not? They nearly brought home the bacon.

For the record.......very few got paid back in the day and Syd is still around, possibly dew to his tight purse strings.
Also as far as GR being a dog.......Loyal did fuckall until one day back in December 2011 so who knows.........anything now seems possible in supermaxi world.
I also believe Syd is chartering GR from the new Australian owner.........a current 50 odd foot owner.......strewth ruth this could be more goss.

#19 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

For the record.......very few got paid back in the day and Syd is still around, possibly dew to his tight purse strings.
Also as far as GR being a dog.......Loyal did fuckall until one day back in December 2011 so who knows.........anything now seems possible in supermaxi world.
I also believe Syd is chartering GR from the new Australian owner.........a current 50 odd foot owner.......strewth ruth this could be more goss.

Tell that to the guys on WP next door..............Posted Image

#20 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

1stly the boat has won & placed plenty before when its campaigned right, wheres the evidence its a dog

wheres the evidence it cant sail to it's (90'er) rating and "be there" for line honours if the 100s break, split a mainsail, their radio doesn't work at Green Cape, or their radio does work and they request outside assistance ( they won't get away with that again if Syd is placed to collect the crumbs)

2ndly the wise men you quote are a distant 2nd to Syd when it comes to squeezing the most out of each dollar

wheres the evidence other than SA urban myth ? ? ?

#21 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

A SAburban myth? Who would have thought??

#22 southernocean

southernocean

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

believe GR has been sold to HK syndicate for China Sea Race.

#23 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

1stly the boat has won & placed plenty before when its campaigned right, wheres the evidence its a dog

wheres the evidence it cant sail to it's (90'er) rating and "be there" for line honours if the 100s break, split a mainsail, their radio doesn't work at Green Cape, or their radio does work and they request outside assistance ( they won't get away with that again if Syd is placed to collect the crumbs)

2ndly the wise men you quote are a distant 2nd to Syd when it comes to squeezing the most out of each dollar

Where have you been the last few years.? Ask anyone who knows the history of GR. Without going back and digging up the proof there was plenty of press with regards to the failings of this boat. Now if the press was wrong and you know better I'll stand corrected. I believe there was everything from changes to the crew to putting various rockstars on the boat, all failed at the time this boat was being campaigned.

Now to stuff some evidence your way, you asked for it. Here is one of many reports from SA, would you like me to dig them all out for you.?

Quote SA "Plug Pulled Again"

Seems we've heard this before...

Yet again, one of the most under peforming big boat programs on the planet, the 90' Genuine Risk, has pulled the plug on their program, this time a planned Caribbean circuit. Apparently new honcho Robbie Haines has been trying to get the boat in order, at least as he sees it, and somehow it is not adding up for the owner so the plug has been pulled.

One would likely think that this boat will soon be on the market......

01/13/06

Quote SA Again.

"Trading Places
We hear that some Big Boats are doing some Big Changes! Rumor has it that after the upcoming Transpac, the current crew on the Genuine Risk gets the flick, getting replaced by the entire team from Pyewacket! This has credibility, not only because the Pyewacket program ends right after Transpac, but also because of the level of crew changes that have taken place during GR's short existence. At least 8 guys have been asked or have left on their own from the GR program, and it is thought that Robbie Haines and his boys from Pye, needing some other maxi boat's teats to attach themselves to, already have a deal in place to feel the magic of GR. Oh this should fun!

5/18/05

It goes on and on Gybeset.

#24 needforspeed

needforspeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Genuine Risk was a huge failure, everybody knows that. Syd can do what he wants with it, good luck to him, silly really, he'd be far better off jumping on a newer TP52 like Hooligan and Shogun IMO.

#25 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Where have you been the last few years.? Ask anyone who knows the history of GR. Without going back and digging up the proof there was plenty of press with regards to the failings of this boat. Now if the press was wrong and you know better I'll stand corrected. I believe there was everything from changes to the crew to putting various rockstars on the boat, all failed at the time this boat was being campaigned.

Now to stuff some evidence your way, you asked for it. Here is one of many reports from SA, would you like me to dig them all out for you.?

Yet again, one of the most under peforming big boat programs on the planet, the 90' Genuine Risk, has pulled the plug on their program, this time a planned Caribbean circuit. Apparently new honcho Robbie Haines has been trying to get the boat in order, at least as he sees it, and somehow it is not adding up for the owner so the plug has been pulled.

01/13/06

Quote SA Again.

"Trading Places
We hear that some Big Boats are doing some Big Changes! Rumor has it that after the upcoming Transpac, the current crew on the Genuine Risk gets the flick, getting replaced by the entire team from Pyewacket! This has credibility, not only because the Pyewacket program ends right after Transpac, but also because of the level of crew changes that have taken place during GR's short existence. At least 8 guys have been asked or have left on their own from the GR program, and it is thought that Robbie Haines and his boys from Pye, needing some other maxi boat's teats to attach themselves to, already have a deal in place to feel the magic of GR. Oh this should fun!

5/18/05

and you're reading 'expert comment' from SA, wow, what a resource

again where is your factual evidence, not opinion

look at the boats placings in ACTUAL races, Bermuda being the most recent

of many results going back to beating Shockwave and dicing with the 86zs when they were hot at the maxi worlds, these are some recent ones http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=genuine+risk+bermuda

bullshit walks, results talk

#26 DickDastardly

DickDastardly

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

My understanding, first hand from a Ragamuffin crew member a month or so back is that Syd finds getting around the 52 hard work at his age and is looking for something larger to allow him to keep sailing with a fraction more comfort, hence "bigger boat". Syd is no Bob Oatley in that respect, his kicks are gained hands on. Haven't discussed the veracity of any GR rumors however.

#27 Danno

Danno

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

believe GR has been sold to HK syndicate for China Sea Race.

Admiral Pong gotta another boat for his fleet?

#28 Alysum

Alysum

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

Why doesn't Syd purchase the maxi Wild Thing instead? Being 98ft surely it has a better potential to beat WO/Loyal after some mods. Plus I'm sure he could get it for a bargain, Wharro needs his $ badly :D

#29 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

He looked at Wild Thing but decided against it.

#30 Jason AUS

Jason AUS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

He looked at Wild Thing but decided against it.

Pretty sure I know how that conversation went...

Grant: "Sure Syd, I'll sell you Wild Thing for one hundred, kajillion, bazillion dollars. What? Not interested anymore? Oh well."

:lol:

#31 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think it would take surgery to seperate Wharro from Wild Thing.

#32 hermetic

hermetic

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

My understanding, first hand from a Ragamuffin crew member a month or so back is that Syd finds getting around the 52 hard work at his age and is looking for something larger to allow him to keep sailing with a fraction more comfort, hence "bigger boat". Syd is no Bob Oatley in that respect, his kicks are gained hands on. Haven't discussed the veracity of any GR rumors however.

Getting around on GR ain't a walk in the park. Unless it's a really narrow park, then it would be the same.

And - $500K US sounds low.

#33 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Or Syd from his money.

#34 Jason AUS

Jason AUS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

Well, he has owned the two Inglis 47's before and the IMA 80' lime green monster (now Martingale IIRC), so I'm sure seperating Wharro and Wild Thing is theoretically possible. But as I said, it'd cost you one hundred, kajillion etc.

#35 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Well, he has owned the two Inglis 47's before and the IMA 80' lime green monster (now Martingale IIRC), so I'm sure seperating Wharro and Wild Thing is theoretically possible. But as I said, it'd cost you one hundred, kajillion etc.

Couldnt really see him upgrading but surely it would be cheaper to not finish races in something smaller.

#36 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

01/13/06

Quote SA Again.

"Trading Places

5/18/05

and you're reading 'expert comment' from SA, wow, what a resource

again where is your factual evidence, not opinion

look at the boats placings in ACTUAL races, Bermuda being the most recent

of many results going back to beating Shockwave and dicing with the 86zs when they were hot at the maxi worlds, these are some recent ones http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=genuine+risk+bermuda

bullshit walks, results talk

So what are you going to criticise SA now Gybeset for misleading information? Take it up with Scott and the boys and tack over. Genuine Risk was a failure, sorry to correct you. She may have won the odd race of late but hardly puts her in the successful maxi class. If it does for you mate thats ok mate.. Genuine Risk was basically given away , now I wonder why that was ? The results certainly helped her selling price. Please...............

#37 needforspeed

needforspeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

"Turnover, Inc.

One of the biggest big boat disappointments has to be the 90' maxi Genuine Risk. Conceived as a step beyond the maxZ 86's, and executed as a top dollar, highly paid professional program, it has to be considered a failure at nearly every turn. Almost all sub-par results; an unhappy on- board harmony with numerous crew firings (and some simply quitting - a total of three original crew left on board for Transpac); a broken rig in the Great Lakes; and a beating going to Hawaii add up to not much bang for a whole lot of buck. Now with the Robbie Haines-led crew transformation from Pyewacket to GR, Haines is already letting GR people go, some he has never even sailed with. Given that Haines will have a lot to prove and will likely be expected to get results early, it would seem he would want to sail with all the crew to see who is best. But the Pye crew is a bit of a closed good 'ol boys club that may or may not have what it takes to get an apparent cranky boat and owner to the promised land, and it is unlikely that said owner will be quite as patient or as good a sport as Roy Disney was. Fun to watch though, eh? What do you think The Senator will be able to do that Keith Lorence and Dave Ullman cou

#38 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

read the results

all yous are doing is regurgitating opinion & conjecture, where is your data ?

results talk, bullshit walks

current campaign
1st Bermuda
1st Pt Lauderdale
OA 1st Antigua
2nd st Barts
winner Pineapple

previous
3rd Maxi worlds, 1sy OA mackinac etc etc etc

http://www.montegobayrace.com/

#39 needforspeed

needforspeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

read the results

all yous are doing is regurgitating opinion & conjecture

results talk, bullshit walks

http://www.montegobayrace.com/

Obviously your boat Gybeset, she was given away bargain basement, did you capitalise on your investment? Keep talking up the boat, your bullshit might get a few extra $K for her. We'll all pretend GR wasn't given away to her new owners. The mere fact the boat ended up on Syd's radar, supposedly, just about sums up where's she at.! Junkyard Dogs... B)

#40 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

the last boat that "ended up on Syds radar" just finished 3rd in the S2H

watch this space

#41 Sailor90

Sailor90

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Interests:A Scow racer, Melges 24's, Laser, and big boats in Chicago.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Terra were you “pissed” as you put it when wrote all this banter about GR being a dog? All though some of what you presented maybe true it doesn’t discount the fact that the boat still has legs.

Just admit your head is so far up your ass that you fail to see the potential in this boat.

-an observer from afar.

Furthermore I propose if GR wins they Sydney Hobart on Line Honors or Handicap under Syd’s ownership terrafirma should change is name to something of Sailing Anarchy’s liking.

My choice is dummkopf.

Submit your best one,

Put up or Shut up terra

#42 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Terra were you “pissed” as you put it when wrote all this banter about GR being a dog? All though some of what you presented maybe true it doesn’t discount the fact that the boat still has legs.

Just admit your head is so far up your ass that you fail to see the potential in this boat.

-an observer from afar.

Furthermore I propose if GR wins they Sydney Hobart on Line Honors or Handicap under Syd’s ownership terrafirma should change is name to something of Sailing Anarchy’s liking.

My choice is dummkopf.

Submit your best one,

My Best One.

The facts are simple and you ignore them. Genuine Risk failed as a boat and many reports were published about this, this is not my banter, me simply presenting the press about this boat. If you don'ty believe the press take it up with Sailing Anarchy. Now another fact is the boat is being given away, you fail to acknowledge this, could you imagine Wild Oats being sold for $500k or less.? I am willing to place a bet that GR will never win the Hobart, are you willing to take it.?I am also willing to change my name to whatever tickles your fancy if GR wins the Hobart. If you want to take the bet let me know how Gybeset? Now I have put up what about you?

Put up or Shut up Gybeset. B

#43 needforspeed

needforspeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

May I suggest a bet by donating the said amount to http://www.sailforcharity.com/

What’s it all about?

Sail For Charity is a not for profit organisation set up to benefit the needs of an annually nominated charity through a passion for sailing.

Whether on water or on dry land, the aim is simple … to raise as much money as possible to help the selected charity meet the needs and goals of their beneficiaries.

If you would like to help us in any way, or indeed if you would like to make a donation, then please visit the Contact page.

http://www.sailforch...m/contact.shtml

Amounts could be sent via Paypal. I would love to see Genuine Risk in the Hobart, more maxis the better. Come on Syd buy \the boat, it's as cheap as chips.

#44 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

My new name is Dummkopf and yes I'm happy to Paypal any amount to any charity. Any news on Syd buying the once great Genuine Risk?

#45 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well, as has been said at least it will give Grumpy and the boys at the yard something to play with and Syd a new project to keep him sparking.

Who knows, based on its recent form there may be a few pickle dishes in it? If Loyal can do it....................................

#46 Sailor90

Sailor90

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

Well that took all the fun out of it.

I don't have to put anything up, I haven't been spewing bullshit on these forums.

I’m tired of envious and jealous people bashing boats and programs they are not a member of nor do they compete against. These people time and time again show they lack little or no knowledge of the program which they so passionately speak out against. When in fact they have a deep and desperately yearning to be a part of said racing programs.

#47 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

Well that took all the fun out of it.

I don't have to put anything up, I haven't been spewing bullshit on these forums.

I’m tired of envious and jealous people bashing boats and programs they are not a member of nor do they compete against. These people time and time again show they lack little or no knowledge of the program which they so passionately speak out against. When in fact they have a deep and desperately yearning to be a part of said racing programs.

Couldn't agree more mate, on a personal note I don't get jealous of boat owners, have successfully campaigned various boats. For the record I was merely passing on the press about GR and there has been plenty. If the press is incorrect and unfair in your eyes take it up with SA, they published and wrote all the stories. I would love to see GR given a new lease of life and successful. :)

#48 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

I haven't been spewing bullshit on these forums.

#49 needforspeed

needforspeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

GOLD..!

#50 Sailor90

Sailor90

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Fair enough Evo

Back on topic

I'm glad to see GR has a new lease on life!

#51 Caravan Racing

Caravan Racing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

GR is a great boat and like Oats, built at Macca's when they were pumping out big boats like they weree going out of fashion (no pun intended, the place is now a ghost town...)
This thing will hold together and be quick at all points of sail, but not as quick as the 100's. I think we need to stop comparing a 90 footer to a 100 footer. It will be great to have another big boat hooning around the east coast of Aust. I just hope Syd leaves the paint job and the name because it would be a shame for it to go all white with a blue stripe and call it "Rags"

#52 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

sailor90 has got it

My new name is Dummkopf and yes I'm happy to Paypal any amount to any charity. Any news on Syd buying the once great Genuine Risk?

Dumbkopf
your money is under a genuine risk

Q: "Any news on Syd buying the once great Genuine Risk?"

A: YES

closest to reality was posted by Leka, 04 December, in another thread

From a FB page.........

The buzz around the docks at the CYCA is an unconfirmed rumour that Syd Fischer and Geoff Hill are looking to acquire the 90ft maxi Genuine Risk for next year's race.

now CONFIRM: GH (of Strewth) will charter to Syd via a 'deal'

the multiple containers of good gear that went with the very successful 2011 campaign will go along way to keeping the boat on that winning streak, and the boat will have all the prep it requires with the whole facility SCM owned by Syd

GR is under 22t and reportedly clocked over 30 knots in the last series at St Barts against R100

#53 Sailor90

Sailor90

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Is what this thread boils down to is boats need loving waters to die in.

There are dozens of misfit toys here on the Great Lakes that are enjoyed by hundreds of people who thoroughly enjoy racing on and against them.

#54 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

no backwater hillbillies in this scene.

#55 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

Is what this thread boils down to is boats need loving waters to die in.

There are dozens of misfit toys here on the Great Lakes that are enjoyed by hundreds of people who thoroughly enjoy racing on and against them.

shit no, no misfit toys here, on the contrary

What boils down is Syd (and this boat) have won landmark events all over the world against the most renowned sailors and boats

this is not about to change and the sun will still rise tomorrow

#56 rmb

rmb

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

the boat is crying for a more modern rig, but cannot overcome a lack of form stability reaching.... I can confirm that it will do 30 knots no worries. It is a complicated boat and needs a VERY good sail designer to overcome its ultra narrow design.

#57 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

the boat is crying for a more modern rig, but cannot overcome a lack of form stability reaching.... I can confirm that it will do 30 knots no worries. It is a complicated boat and needs a VERY good sail designer to overcome its ultra narrow design.

at least someone with a tad more experience at designing sails than sailing Laser II's and listening to Charlie Daniels. that was probably an early mistake.

Interesting what you say about reaching....that angle could be a big part of anything an Australian East Coast owner would do with the boat. There's always Airlie.

#58 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Didnt they start out with Quantum? According to the front page you just cant lose with those ???? Posted Image

#59 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Think it was North at first?? Hearing, at the time, that Gumbo Breath was doing the design work wasn't that confidence inspiring.

Things have changed a lot since then.

more interested in what rmb has said about reaching.

#60 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

at least someone with a tad more experience at designing sails than sailing Laser II's and listening to Charlie Daniels. that was probably an early mistake.

Interesting what you say about reaching....that angle could be a big part of anything an Australian East Coast owner would do with the boat. There's always Airlie.

That's not such a proposition anymore. Not so many backpackers around now. Even Maxi Rags has stopped working.

Though bear in mind the container loads of gear Syd collects with every boat. I'm told that he still has container loads of 12 metre stuff from his AC days.

#61 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

The narrow form factor seems to be the biggest issue. Most of you will remember when GR was designed by Dubois narrow was in just like the AC boats however narrow mostly works in the lighter conditions. If Syd is Syd he won't pump too much money into the boat and milk it for what it's worth. So I don't expect too much to change however she may have done well early in the Hobart this year but will no doubt need some work to make it all the way. Reckon she will spank Wild Thing in the lighter conditions if she is campaigned well.

#62 Furnival

Furnival

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Lighter winds + Geoff Hill connection seems to be confirmed by GR entry into China Sea Race: http://www.sail-worl...ace-2012/93122. Let's hope the keel is well attached.

#63 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

not necessarily lighter winds for the first part of the CSR. big test if it blows

#64 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

Lighter winds + Geoff Hill connection seems to be confirmed by GR entry into China Sea Race: http://www.sail-worl...ace-2012/93122. Let's hope the keel is well attached.

is there anything out there that suggests there is a keel issue ? or just a general comment ?

rmb did not mention anything remarkable

note the 2011 Caribbean campaign had plenty of breeze, enough to see over 30knts of boatspeed in any case

#65 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

The narrow form factor seems to be the biggest issue. Most of you will remember when GR was designed by Dubois narrow was in just like the AC boats however narrow mostly works in the lighter conditions. If Syd is Syd he won't pump too much money into the boat and milk it for what it's worth. So I don't expect too much to change however she may have done well early in the Hobart this year but will no doubt need some work to make it all the way. Reckon she will spank Wild Thing in the lighter conditions if she is campaigned well.

i reckon narrow has always been 'in' for fully crewed canters
Attached File  Oats plan.jpg   11.16K   48 downloads

WOXI above
like Wild Thing
like Esimit/Alfa
like Audi/Yuuzoo
Loyal has a narrow static waterline but wider Bmax

you just can't compare with non-canters (AC) , without the plan form of the RTW racers and Speedboat etc heavy air reaching & ultimate RM will come down how much bulb is being swung

btw re 'milking etc' , Geoff Hill reportedly the owner

at a irc TCC 1.723 she has only been beaten once by the 30 mtr boats which can rate higher than 1.95n,

that would what ? 9-10 hours start for a S2H 'maxi' win, correct my 'rithmatic Terra
WO tcc 1.954

#66 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

i reckon narrow has always been 'in' for fully crewed canters
Attached File  Oats plan.jpg   11.16K   48 downloads

WOXI above
like Wild Thing
like Esimit/Alfa
like Audi/Yuuzoo
Loyal has a narrow static waterline but wider Bmax

you just can't compare with non-canters (AC) , without the plan form of the RTW racers and Speedboat etc heavy air reaching & ultimate RM will come down how much bulb is being swung

btw re 'milking etc' , Geoff Hill reportedly the owner

at a irc TCC 1.723 she has only been beaten once by the 30 mtr boats which can rate higher than 1.95n,

that would what ? 9-10 hours start for a S2H 'maxi' win, correct my 'rithmatic Terra
WO tcc 1.954

Will be fascinating to see her in the Hobart. And according to your calculations she rates quite well in comparison to the other maxis, or she has only been beaten once on handicap by the 30 mtr boats and boats that rate around 1.95. There's no doubt she should account for Wild Thing and Lahana. (Wild Thing no funds, no real chance of competing). What are her weak points Gybeset? Reaching?

#67 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

well yeah it's written upthread, 1st hand info

Lahana (rates <1.7) a similar story, woxi and loyal could not make their time on her this year

#68 Ballast Technician

Ballast Technician

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

is there anything out there that suggests there is a keel issue ? or just a general comment ?

note the 2011 Caribbean campaign had plenty of breeze, enough to see over 30knts of boatspeed in any case

Think that comment was not aimed at the boat, but based on the fact that the Geoff's TP dropped her keel the first time they raced her to the Philippines.

#69 Furnival

Furnival

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Think that comment was not aimed at the boat, but based on the fact that the Geoff's TP dropped her keel the first time they raced her to the Philippines.

Thanks mate - yes, I wasn't casting aspersions on GR keel bolts.

#70 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

no keel bolts 'as such' eh

http://www.cariboni-.../S-CK Rev11.pdf

Attached File  GenR Carboni.jpg   58.73K   52 downloads

#71 quasi-expert

quasi-expert

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

does the max. canting angle affect the IRC rating?
GR's keel can be canted to 55° (according to cariboni) while 40° seems to be standard.

#72 Ballast Technician

Ballast Technician

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

GR's keel can be canted to 55° (according to cariboni) while 40° seems to be standard.

Sure does.

#73 hermetic

hermetic

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

It has been reworked and restricted to less than 55

#74 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

It will be interesting, I worked for the man in question, exit was painful but still he has my respect in some ways. I just wish he would give one program the dollars it deserves before he leaves this mortal coil. Its not like he cant afford it.

It just seems not to be in his genes.

#75 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

It will be interesting, I worked for the man in question, exit was painful but still he has my respect in some ways. I just wish he would give one program the dollars it deserves before he leaves this mortal coil. Its not like he cant afford it.

Yes you make sense, but thats Syd, he is a stubborn old bugger and he knows best.

#76 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Genuine Risk being loaded on a ship to go to Oz.

Posted Image

#77 Windy6327

Windy6327

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

what was the cargo vessels name?

#78 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yes you make sense, but thats Syd, he is a stubborn old bugger and he knows best.

and he's probably worked out a way to take it with him. Question remains, has he stashed it in the attic or cellar.

#79 PIL007

PIL007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars-Fast Boats-Fast Woman and Beer

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

Where's yours stashed JS
I'm spending every last bit of mine.....

Is GR going to Asia or coming here......?

#80 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

Where's yours stashed JS
I'm spending every last bit of mine.....

Is GR going to Asia or coming here......?

Got nothing worth stashing. Was going to depart owing Paul Keating $50, but he got the flick first.

#81 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

She's still running the traditional CBTF configuration. Wild Oats has moved away from this with the daggerboards and undertaken many mods, although notwithstanding luck didn't help Oats this year? If the boat has been bought at a bargain I wonder what mods, if any, will the co-owners undertake? Who is the other owner with Syd? Geoff Hill? Was the boat chartered or purchased outright? If chartered why would you spend money on it? And if chartered for how long? If it's only 12 months or the Hobart one must question what could be achieved in such a short timeframe?

#82 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:41 AM

Genuine Risk being loaded on a ship to go to Oz.

Posted Image

oh,

doesn't give it too much time to sail to Hong Kong for the start of the race

#83 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

She's still running the traditional CBTF configuration. Wild Oats has moved away from this with the daggerboards and undertaken many mods, although notwithstanding luck didn't help Oats this year? If the boat has been bought at a bargain I wonder what mods, if any, will the co-owners undertake? Who is the other owner with Syd? Geoff Hill? Was the boat chartered or purchased outright? If chartered why would you spend money on it? And if chartered for how long? If it's only 12 months or the Hobart one must question what could be achieved in such a short timeframe?

the answer to the final 6 of your 7 questions is 31 posts back at # 52

#84 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Thanks that explains the arrangement, but was more interested in how stock CBTF configs work and rate against all the boats that have been modded in line with current thinking. Anyhow lets wait and see what they end up with, when is she next racing?

#85 punter

punter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

Thanks that explains the arrangement, but was more interested in how stock CBTF configs work and rate against all the boats that have been modded in line with current thinking. Anyhow lets wait and see what they end up with, when is she next racing?

Easter in HK. She is competing in the China Sea Race. So I assume the ship that she is on is going to HK and not Aus.

#86 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

theoretically strong, however

I'd say there is not a lot in it, i'm not convinced CBTF is much/any slower than splayed boards

ON GR wasn't found lacking against its IRC and opposition in the Carribean wins, in the S2H WOxi didn't prove otherwise

also there are two near identical Shaw9s in AKL, one boards & one centre canard, and haven't heard a squeak that one is faster than the other, in the CC etc neither proved over the other

I wonder if either system affects IRC over the other

#87 needforspeed

needforspeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

theoretically strong, however

I'd say there is not a lot in it, i'm not convinced CBTF is much/any slower than splayed boards

ON GR wasn't found lacking against its IRC and opposition in the Carribean wins, in the S2H WOxi didn't prove otherwise

also there are two near identical Shaw9s in AKL, one boards & one centre canard, and haven't heard a squeak that one is faster than the other, in the CC etc neither proved over the other

I wonder if either system affects IRC over the other

Yes CBTF still demands a license fee and this may push people towards boards, especially if their is minimal difference in performance. I don't know if any designers are still using CBTF nowadays? So we might see GR racing against Beau Geste in China..? Anyone know? That would be interesting boat for boat, BG hasn't set the world on fire but is a later design than GR, albeit 10 feet shorter.

#88 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

lots of boats with forward canards, w / wo trim tabs get around that, outside of US anyway

BG is not a canter so kinda 20' diff, not 10'

BG was beaten to Bermuda by GR and a Vo70

#89 Ballast Technician

Ballast Technician

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

lots of boats with forward canards, w / wo trim tabs get around that, outside of US anyway

BG is also a pseudo-cruiser. And entered as such for some races.

#90 Terrafirma

Terrafirma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

OK sorry thought BG was a canter, that explains some of her performances such as the Transatlantic.

#91 punter

punter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

OK sorry thought BG was a canter, that explains some of her performances such as the Transatlantic.

Design brief details here from Farr: http://www.farrdesign.com/668.htm

Has a lifting keel to reduce draft.

#92 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Maybe Syd will put an owners stateroom in GR? And of course a smaller one for Grumpy.

#93 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hey, quit knocking Grumpy (the other one), he's famous (famouser?) now.

http://www.dailytele...9-1226269185772

#94 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Interesting err.

I thought the original news was that Syd owned the marina??

#95 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Interesting err.

I thought the original news was that Syd owned the marina??

Two different places, albeit close by. Syd is North of the Bridge while Grumpy and cohorts are South.

#96 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Sydney City Marine and Sydney Superyacht Marina are two different places. Maybe the boundary is a little south of the bridge but I'm not going down there with my tape measure to figure it out. For sure the marina is 100% south of the bridge. Grumpy was a part owner of both the boatyard and the marina. Syd bought the boatyard outright and the marina partners are brawling.

I don't know what their partnership contract said but I reckon Grumpy would have been more an ideas man than a money man making him a minor owner.

#97 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

It would be interesting to know whether the receiver got enough $$$$ from Syd to pay all the bills.

I don't know the exact original ownership of the two places. I could search it but you have to pay for that kind of thing so I won't bother.

The big question is whether Grumpy is out of the red or not ? ? ?

#98 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

The amount Syd paid to the receiver is irrelevant to the amount of money owed to creditors. Maybe he covered the debt and maybe he didn't.

#99 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

You just don't get it do you ?

The amount the yard cost to setup is irrelevant to the amount the creditors are owed. The receiver is there to pay out the creditors in priorities that he can't control, and maybe if there is something left over the shareholders might get a little. There were probably loans from the shareholders to the company but those loans can't beat banks, wages and taxes.

#100 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Don't confuse a Receiver with a Liquidator.

The Receiver is there to protect the interests of the creditor (most likely the lender) that appointed him/her.

Did the business also go into liquidation?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users