122 replies to this topic

#1 DogBalls

DogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

To protect the innocent, no names needed but please share some harmless stories of your favorite perma-stoned sailing mates, if only for a chuckle...

Mine, never forget a certain someone who's name bears resemblance to the uptight prep school in Lakeville CT who could manage to take a bat hit while tacking a 40 footer..... every tack! Wonder if they still live in their van?

#2 unShirley

unShirley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:surfing and sailing

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I knew a couple of guys that were partners on a boat. One was a very experienced sailor, the other had very little experience. Immediately after leaving the dock and getting the boat pointed in the right direction, the more experienced of the two sailors would hand the tiller over, take a few hits and then say, "ok, you're in charge."

#3 casc27

casc27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

I remember complaining about the lack of any beer or other booze onboard while sailing back in at a Moore 24 PCC regatta some years back. WE'd had a less than stellar day performance wise and I told the skipper (new to the class) that Santa Cruz boats liked to have some booze and dope on board. Just then (could not have had better timing if I had planned it) we sail past one of the winning boats from the days racing and it looked like Cheech and Chong were down below from the amount of Ganja smoke pouring out of the foredeck hatch. There was beer on board the next day but no smoke. WE did a little better.

#4 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Italian cars
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm chief on a double-handed delivery 'round the mitt from Lake Erie to New Buffalo (bottom of Lake Michigan). Older Catalina 42 (the Morgan/NM version), client had just purchased it, thirty minutes in the autopilot quits. Figured out after a bit that the board is fried so my regular crew and I are gonna helm it all the way around. So I add a few stops in along the way...

...at one of which my normally very reliable Crew happens to run into a long-lost college pal who's tending bar at the local dive, so I tell him go ahead, I'll keep straight, he can party it up with his bro and we'll take off around midnight. Crew shows up to the boat totally stoned and shit-faced, I can barely get him on the boat and into the rack. I tell him that I'm good for the night, I'll carry the watch until 6am, get himself some rest and straighten up. I get us away, uneventful night, it's a bit lumpy and breeze forward so we're moving down the coast pretty good main & motor when I get him up for his 6am. He's normally excellent at recovering after hard partying, I give him the scoop on what's up and he says he's good and gets on the helm. I get down below and decide I have to squirt after I pull my foulies off, so I say screw it, I'll use the head. I get braced and I kinda feel the motion of the boat change while I'm pissing, figure WTF and glance out the porthole in the head...there's land off the stbd side where there should be open water. FUCK! I finish up quick and charge out the companionway, Crew has NO idea what the problem is until I grab him by the collar and scream "You gotta get STRAIGHT MOTHERFUCKER!" at which point he snaps out of whatever reverie he'd been in and figures out that he's somehow turned the boat 180 and is heading back up the coast. I decide to crash on the low side cockpit seat, figure I'd roll off if he did the same thing again. I could just imagine if he'd done it after I was racked out, 4 hours later we'd be back up around Muskegon...

#5 meowmeow

meowmeow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I got lots of good stories, but... I can't remember them

#6 Surf City Racing

Surf City Racing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

There's epic video somewhere of some random blokes taking bongloads in a seaway on the way to HI on a less than 30' boat. Bong lived tied to the mast, IIRC. How's that for vague?

Coastguard can take your shite for even finding a single seed in the bilge. Probably get tossed in Guantanamo and waterboarded at the rate thing's are going around this place.

While we're on topic, and despite the fear of getting my marine industry license revoked, for the last 35 years, every marine related business in the US grew and survived on money derived from interacting with the herb on some level. B)

#7 TCS

TCS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

What? People in this sport smoke dope? Next thing you'll be telling me is that some pro racers do coke. UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE.

Cheers,
TCS

#8 One eye Jack

One eye Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Location:Reno,Nv. San Francisco Bay , Santa Cruz,Ca. Tahoe,Nv
  • Interests:Sailing. I shot a man in Reno.. Just to watch him die..

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Maybe it's the Santa Cruz in me but when you came on my boat you ALWAYS had plenty of COLD beer and smoke em if ya gottem..Looks like some skippers have gotten cheap over the years...

#9 dog of war

dog of war

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:sailing fast

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Once heard a story about a couple of brothers on a SC 27 that had a Carbonfiber bong they made to save weight on a DH Pac-Cup it was a thing of beauty nicknamed the CFMSD (Carbon Fiber Marijuana Smoking Devise) . they still have it from what I heard :unsure:

#10 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Remember when it was uncool to talk about all this?

#11 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

#12 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm chief on a double-handed delivery 'round the mitt from Lake Erie to New Buffalo (bottom of Lake Michigan). Older Catalina 42 (the Morgan/NM version), client had just purchased it, thirty minutes in the autopilot quits. Figured out after a bit that the board is fried so my regular crew and I are gonna helm it all the way around. So I add a few stops in along the way...

...at one of which my normally very reliable Crew happens to run into a long-lost college pal who's tending bar at the local dive, so I tell him go ahead, I'll keep straight, he can party it up with his bro and we'll take off around midnight. Crew shows up to the boat totally stoned and shit-faced, I can barely get him on the boat and into the rack. I tell him that I'm good for the night, I'll carry the watch until 6am, get himself some rest and straighten up. I get us away, uneventful night, it's a bit lumpy and breeze forward so we're moving down the coast pretty good main & motor when I get him up for his 6am. He's normally excellent at recovering after hard partying, I give him the scoop on what's up and he says he's good and gets on the helm. I get down below and decide I have to squirt after I pull my foulies off, so I say screw it, I'll use the head. I get braced and I kinda feel the motion of the boat change while I'm pissing, figure WTF and glance out the porthole in the head...there's land off the stbd side where there should be open water. FUCK! I finish up quick and charge out the companionway, Crew has NO idea what the problem is until I grab him by the collar and scream "You gotta get STRAIGHT MOTHERFUCKER!" at which point he snaps out of whatever reverie he'd been in and figures out that he's somehow turned the boat 180 and is heading back up the coast. I decide to crash on the low side cockpit seat, figure I'd roll off if he did the same thing again. I could just imagine if he'd done it after I was racked out, 4 hours later we'd be back up around Muskegon...

Wow! Just.... Wow!

#13 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Tom, your obsession with Reid is becoming a concern.

#14 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Trust me Jeff, this was only in relation to being stoned!

I do have a story about frostbiting while stoned, but not sure about relating it.

#15 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

Do tell.
Hope you are well.

#16 Mr Moab

Mr Moab

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sailing a windward leeward course race. Typically used a power hitter to keep the joint lit while on the rail. Someone funbles it over the side- lots of groaning and harraunging the funbler. Coming back up the next leg, one of the guys spots the power hitter floating just a few degrees off our track. small course altertation, and its back on board. re lit, and away we went.

#17 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

Ok,

Thanks, I am very well!

A whole bunch of years ago a friend and I used to frostbite with our girlfriends as crews. It was a beautiful, sunny day not to cold and we decided to smoke before racing. Not a lot, a joint between the four of us.

Get the boats rigged and head out and start the first race. Ok, I never did very well in this fleet, sort of hit or miss. But right off the line I felt that I was in the groove like I had never been before. Split with most of the fleet, well all of the fleet actually. I liked sailing up the sun's reflection on the river 'cause it looked so cool.

When we made it to the first mark we were way behind, however almost hit my friend (the guy I smoked with) who was on starboard right before rounding. Got sorted out after a fit of uncontrollable laughing and headed downwind.

Long story short I finished DFL right behind him and caught a ton of shit for holding up the next start.

The next 2 races were only slightly better.

Had to go out to eat right after the last race. Never did that again. . .

#18 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

I once sailed with a guy who would steer a 90 footer with his feet while rolling a joint in 30 knots without losing so much as a piece of dust worth of weed to the wind. Truly impressive

#19 Guitar

Guitar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, gold mining, meteorite hunting.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

My brother-in-law and I were delivering our Columbia Sabre from Stockton down to Alameda one January way back when. I had the helm from Stockton to Antioch Bridge and had him take over at about 10 pm. It had been a cronic day.

I dive below for a quick snooze and wake up about 25 minutes later with tules and shoreline on the port side where Pittsburgh should be.

Quick check of the GPS which I had just purchased put us in the middle of Sherman Lake, which is between the San Joaquin and Sacramento River and is about 3 feet deep in most places. We drew 48". Shit!

Don't know how we made it through, turning around was out of the question as we couldn't see shit in the dark.

All you could see of us was our nav lights and a very small glowing red dot appearing and disappearing in the night.

Good times..

#20 WarBird

WarBird

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

Macinnack Island. 1 day after finishing, 70 hours on a 28 footer(that means the fast boats have had quite a party already). Waiting in a porta pottty line. Dude totally windblown and sunburned, wearing apparently only his one piece foulies regales us with his arrival to the docks 3 days ago, chicks, convertibles, cops etc, etc. Hoists a Heineken mini keg. Exclaims, find these in the recyclable bin. Beer is gone but hffft,(huffing on the propellent) all the good stuff is still here, ahhh.

Glad I got out of the 70's semi intact.

#21 PL3

PL3

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

There was a certain Concordia schooner named MYA involved...

And Ralph At The America's Cup

No more fascinating Steadman-Thompson story exists than the time they tried to paint obscenities on the side of a boat called the Gretel. While in Zaire for the Rumble in the Jungle, George Plimpton did not run into Steadman, but he did run into HST, as described in Shadow Box:

Any time spent with Hunter Thompson seemed to generate its own original lunacy, especially when he was with Ralph Steadman, his cartoonist cohort who was with him in Zaire and who seemed to pep things up and inspire a coporate rather than an individual madness. Once, I got Hunter seated and reminiscing (God knows where Steadman was!) at the outside bar of the Inter-Continental (he sat under a sun-sheltering thatched roof drinking Planter's Punch, which he though appropriate to the colonial atmosphere of the hotel), and he began telling me about the time he and Steadman were sent to cover the America's Cup yacht races at Newport, Rhode Island, the year the Australian twelve-meter Gretel raced against the Intrepid - I can't imagine what sort of report their editor expected to come out of it...The two of them "borrowed" a rowboat and with Hunter at the oars set out across the harbor late at night toward the Gretel at her berth. Aboard they had an aerosol can of black paint. Their intent was to range up along the Gretel and paint "F--k the Pope" on her sides."

The plan that these two twisted minds had, was that the Gretel would leap along the waves and everyone would see the obscene message, but no one on the Gretel would know what on earth was happening.

The adventure turned out to be traumatic from the star. Thompson was not especially adept with oars, and on the way to the Gretel, ahead in the darkness, they spun around a bit in the harbor, everything deathly still out there, the black water with not a ripple on it, so that the oarlocks, the crack of oars against the hull as Thompson caught a crab, the "whoop" from Steadman as the rowboat lurched under him echoed (Thompson said) across the bay "like gunshots."
Somehow they got to the lee of the Gretel, shipping oars and gliding up to her as she lay alongside the wharf. Hunter was "entranced" by the great white expanse of the twelve-meter's flanks in front of him - "I felt like Gully Jimson." He reached for the aerosol can and handed it to Steadman, who was, after all, the artist of the two.

"Well, right from the start we had our troubles," Hunter told me. "First of all, those aerosol cans have these steel ball bearings in there to stir up the paint, and they clatter when you shake the can up to get it operative. Not only that, but it makes a kind of hissing sound when the plunger is pressed down to apply the paint. Well, as soon as Ralph shook the can, things began to happen. Maybe they knew we were coming...overheard our planning, which we had done in a number of bars quite loudly that week. All the lights went on. A couple of jeeps parked on the wharf turned on their headlights. Guys with flashlights began to move around on the deck of the Gretel. Time for a diversion. I set off a parachute flare. It went right up past the nose of a guy who just happened to peek over the rail and look down at us...whoosh, within a foot of him going up...There was enough illumination, what with the flare and the jeep headlights and the rest of it, to read the instructions on the damn aerosol can. We had to pull out. I don't remember that Steadman even got an F of his slogan on the side of the Gretel. He was very badly upset - the frustrated artist, spaced out and all, and the excitement made a heavy reaction on the both of us. We abandoned the rowboat and fled along the streets. One of us left a pair of shoes in the boat. We had to get out of that town. We couldn't even go back to the hotel to get our stuff. We argued about the shoes - Steadman said they were his. I suggested he buy a pair the next day. He said it was Sunday. I told him I had an important appointment in New York the next morning, which was true."

In the end, HST told Ralph that it was common for New Yorkers to go barefoot. Ralph didn't even take one of the shoes.

It's interesting to note that in the June issue of Gadfly, in which Ralph relates his own version, the names of the boats remain consistent. However, in Peter Whitmer's When the Going Gets Weird, the boat is named the Southern Cross. Any ideas on that one?

#22 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Remember when it was uncool to talk about all this?

+1

#23 xfire

xfire

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Interests:Etchells racing<br>Jr. sailing programs<br>

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

My favorite. told to me by two different sailors who claim to be the guy just to left of the stoner at the start.

At an early 1970's World Championship in a right shifting sea breeze our stoner had figured just the right dosage of uppers and downers to go real fast in an athletic single hander.
He got the start at the committee boat and tacked to port in the shifting sea breeze, and went fast to the right with my buddy close behind and to windward.
When he gets to the layline, he keeps going. My buddy thinks he must have a good reason and followed him for another hundred yards, gives up and tacks for the weather mark, overstood.

After the race the committee had to go chase him down, still going world-class fast on port tack.

#24 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

I got lots of good stories, but... I can't remember them

I guess it hasn't been that long then.

#25 Mr_BoTangles

Mr_BoTangles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

a mate of mine is a bit of a perma.....
sold his 505 & bought a star.
need I say more!!

#26 Jollymon

Jollymon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

Years ago there was PNW Olson 30 named Acapulco Gold, complete with a big leaf on the transom. On a Cape Flattery race, a friend of mine went down below and found another crewman eating some pot. When my friend asked what the hell he was doing, he was told by the guy eating the pot that he didn't think the rest of the crew would approve of his pot use. My friend asked if he had seen the name of the boat and what was on the transom. After a dope slap, he told the other guy to stop eating it, roll a joint, and share it on deck.

JM

#27 Surf City Racing

Surf City Racing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

So...who claims the title "stoniest fleet"?

#28 mg38024

mg38024

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

The members of a certain college sailing team regularly lit up at every regatta, but nobody would be surprised to hear that. The best story happened on campus. The team was holding a membership drive with a J22 on campus borrowed from an alum. The boat was parked in the middle of the campus in front of a very busy classroom building. The team spent the entire day taking turns going up into the cabin to smoke it out while other members were on the ground harassing students to join the team. The undergrad enrollment of the school is about 25k. Imagine thousands of students milling around with a smoked out J22 right in the middle of it all. I'm still impressed today.

#29 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

It's got to be the Moores. At least it was back in the day.

Whatever it is, it's probably in your neighborhood

Who names a boat "Doglips" anyway B)

#30 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

Bowmen should be on uppers, not downers...

#31 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

Bowmen should be on uppers, not downers...

Not so, Grasshopper

Sailors should be groovin', not tweaking :rolleyes:

#32 Surf City Racing

Surf City Racing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

You'll have to wait for my book, but I've got some gems from the old-school SC boat builders.

It's story time with uncle Dorado! I know you have a few.

Tangential...There was a certain ULDB back in the '70s that if they rounded the top mark first, they each would drop a hit of LSD.

#33 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Sorry Senator,

I have no recollection of that ever happening . . . :unsure:

#34 Pro looper

Pro looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

Back in the day when doing the Ditch Run we would burn under every bridge,
after a while there where no more bridges so we changed to any powerlines
after that we changed to any time a skiboat would go by and yell Woooo, some stoney
times. Oh and we did win our class,
PL.

#35 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

weed makes me horny.

Venus

#36 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

All talk and no pics

Attached File  14242weed_bikini.jpg   19.71K   171 downloads

#37 dogger

dogger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

On My boat there is mandatory drug testing and I make this clear before we leave the dock.

You bring the drugs and I test them.

#38 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location:Tinh Gia, Central North Province, Vietnam, but I still call Australia home.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

On My boat there is mandatory drug testing and I make this clear before we leave the dock.

You bring the drugs and I test them.

funny!!!

#39 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

Quite often after a race you will see certain boats heading out to sea to round 2 bong rock before heading back to the club.These same crews will quite often duck out of the club during the evening to inspect the bbq.

#40 Beau.Vrolyk

Beau.Vrolyk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts
  • Interests:Sailing on any and everything that floats. Skiing when the rainfall turns semi-solid and white.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Moore, without doubt. Coneheads Rule!

#41 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

Major world champs a few years ago. I14's & Finn Gold Cup at same club. Drug testing squad turns up without warning. Starts testing Finn guys. I14 guys shitting themselves, for good reason. Drug squad only interested in Olympic classes. Much relief amongst I14s.

#42 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Mixed feelings on this thread because I am not really in favor of drug use.
Anyway, one of my crew is stoned out of his gourd. I am not - see first sentence - so I am kind of trying to get him back aboard safely. We are on the floating dock in Canton waiting for a water taxi back to the other side of the harbor.
CREW: This asshole water taxi skipper is so fucking slow. When the hell are we getting to the other side :angry:
ME: This is not a water taxi. This is a floating dock.

weird looks from everyone else
fast forward 2 minutes or so
CREW: This asshole water taxi skipper is so fucking slow. When the hell are we getting to the other side :angry:
ME: THIS IS A DOCK NOT A BOAT!
CREW: Well it sure is a fucking slow dock!

Repeat about 10 more times :lol:

I think I already posted about the stoned Zodiac driver taking customers over to the boat show and ramming the display boat :o

#43 European Bloke

European Bloke

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Back in early 2012 when I was in the crew of an Italian cruise ship we had a crack pipe on the bridge and did lines off the chart plotter. Then we hit an island and had to stop that shit.

#44 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Or at least move the lines over so you can see the ROCKS on the chart :rolleyes:

#45 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

I knew of this J boat program, and when they would sail around before the start there was soo much smoke pouring out of the cabin it looked like there was a fire below .....B)
Probably why all the sandwiches were gone before the the end of the first beat.

#46 proOC

proOC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I am all for it. It seems to corral the fine tuning that is desired for a race and gets some of us more spirited. During deliveries we always had one rule,...No maneuvers without getting stoned or opening a cold one. Remember,...it's a delivery mates! Plus it is amazing how cautious and safe you can be when it's blowing 30kts under moon light and the chute needs to come down.

I understand all you right wing conservatives and tea baggers railing on such illicit behavior, especially since there is the handling of large equiment involved, but get over it. A legalization of these resources could end border wars and really ugly fences that are landing all over our southwest. The gateway arguement is dribble so don't come at me with that one. If you start placing bets with your buddies while you play a round of golf, like a 5 dollar nassau,...do you consider golf a gateway to your gambling habit?

Cheers, Looking forward to warm water and a stoke with my fellow countrymen in February at La Saladita, the malibu of mexico!...____________)))))___________.

M

#47 Pointy End

Pointy End

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Now I know why the Express 27, 34 & 37's were built so well at Alsberg Brothers Boatworks.

#48 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

Way to go PA dude :rolleyes:
What post had TeaHadis and right wingers carrying on about evil weed :unsure:

I am all for it. It seems to corral the fine tuning that is desired for a race and gets some of us more spirited. During deliveries we always had one rule,...No maneuvers without getting stoned or opening a cold one. Remember,...it's a delivery mates! Plus it is amazing how cautious and safe you can be when it's blowing 30kts under moon light and the chute needs to come down.

I understand all you right wing conservatives and tea baggers railing on such illicit behavior, especially since there is the handling of large equiment involved, but get over it. A legalization of these resources could end border wars and really ugly fences that are landing all over our southwest. The gateway arguement is dribble so don't come at me with that one. If you start placing bets with your buddies while you play a round of golf, like a 5 dollar nassau,...do you consider golf a gateway to your gambling habit?

Cheers, Looking forward to warm water and a stoke with my fellow countrymen in February at La Saladita, the malibu of mexico!...____________)))))___________.

M

#49 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,684 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

There was a San Diego boat called "Smokin' J" that always had smoke pouring from the cabin. They were VERY GOOD in light air when laying down below was fast. Heavy air, not so much.

#50 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,684 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

In more modern times, the One Love has been in heavy use on San Francisco Bay, because you can hit it while driving, hiking, or doing pretty much anything else. Super stealth...because stoned sailing is fast sailing (for some). I've heard you can grab one (preloaded with 100 hits) from any of the Oakland dispensaries.

Posted Image

#51 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Power Hitter:

"Onward through the fog,"

-- Oat Willie

Many stories, but no time right now.

If you want stoner stories, read Barton's "The Legend of IMP."

#52 DogBalls

DogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

why are so many of these posts from Santa Cruz & Cali????/

Speaking of Santa Cruz, anyone know how much dope the Gary Busey look-a-like smokes on a daily basis. Come on, you know who i'm talking about.

#53 ovclampett

ovclampett

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Whats Bad is when you pass out on the owners Boat and leave you shit on Deck and the "Boss" with the wife show up,To see steams and seeds a Bag and a Bowl on Deck!Capt Hanna was NOT a Happy Camper!to say the least!

#54 ninerslr

ninerslr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

a mate of mine is a bit of a perma.....
sold his 505 & bought a star.
need I say more!!

Farmers.... {shaking my head}

#55 something witty here

something witty here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:a few

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

couple of friends of mine sailing a pretty big 420 event (this was some time ago) had indulged in some illicit activities prior to the first start. gun goes off, and these guys are off like a rocket, looking really good. hit the port tack layline, and keep on keepin on. took their coach 10 min to figure out what was going on and chase them down. when asked why they replied they were in such a groove and had such great boatspeed they didnt want to risk slowing down by tacking towards the mark.....

#56 hermetic

hermetic

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Snow and Satisfaction. YCYC late 70 - early 80's. Ow.

#57 Delta Blues

Delta Blues

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Dr., 2 sons and others race the major event each year sailing in the mid-fleet. Dr. can't make it, sons are old enough to go on their own and take a few of their contemporaries along with. Their other friends on board are 8 cases of beer, and plenty-o-smoking materials.

The boys are buzzed and stoned from beginning to end of the race, and won.

#58 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Wow! Just.... Wow!

Yeah, sorry...I was stoned-er than I thought when I wrote that last night and it got kinda long...

#59 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Not acquainted with Moores, but Crescents (especially the Detroit Sail Club peeps) knew how to roll...pun intended. Props to the goat!

#60 One eye Jack

One eye Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Location:Reno,Nv. San Francisco Bay , Santa Cruz,Ca. Tahoe,Nv
  • Interests:Sailing. I shot a man in Reno.. Just to watch him die..

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

1326896068[/url]' post='3550559']
Now I know why the Express 27, 34 & 37's were built so well at Alsberg Brothers Boatworks.

That's right! And everybody was very happy..thought at first from the resin..but was wrong..the employees sure hated to home at night. But they did build a great little boat..

#61 blah blah blah

blah blah blah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:www.sailthefloridakeys.com

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

rum for point and beer for speed, right? or is it the other way around?,i can't remember. What were we talking about?

#62 dogger

dogger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Mixed feelings on this thread because I am not really in favor of drug use.
Anyway, one of my crew is stoned out of his gourd. I am not - see first sentence - so I am kind of trying to get him back aboard safely. We are on the floating dock in Canton waiting for a water taxi back to the other side of the harbor.
ME: This is not a water taxi. This is a floating dock.

fast forward 2 minutes or so
ME: THIS IS A DOCK NOT A BOAT!
CREW: Well it sure is a fucking slow dock!

Repeat about 10 more times :lol:

I think I already posted about the stoned Zodiac driver taking customers over to the boat show and ramming the display boat :o

Sex, drugs and rock & roll, try one sometime.

#63 RATM

RATM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

It's about time. The fact that we live in a country where beer, wine and hard alcohol are legal and pot is not, is ass backward.

#64 Beau.Vrolyk

Beau.Vrolyk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts
  • Interests:Sailing on any and everything that floats. Skiing when the rainfall turns semi-solid and white.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

It's about time. The fact that we live in a country where beer, wine and hard alcohol are legal and pot is not, is ass backward.

You left off the right to carry a weapon while utilizing the above legal substances. :unsure:

Rationality is not a strong American virtue when it comes to what's legal and what ain't.

BV

#65 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

2/3s of the way there B) :D
I can't speak for anyone else. I am just not into certain things.
Having a clearance and a FAA medical makes illegal substances too much of a risk for me to bother with anyway even if I did have an interest.

[Sex, drugs and rock & roll, try one sometime.

#66 Snow Guy

Snow Guy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

To protect the innocent, no names needed but please share some harmless stories of your favorite perma-stoned sailing mates, if only for a chuckle...

Mine, never forget a certain someone who's name bears resemblance to the uptight prep school in Lakeville CT who could manage to take a bat hit while tacking a 40 footer..... every tack! Wonder if they still live in their van?

No van, it's been upgraded. He doesn't live in it though. Haven't seen him smoke during a race(might have been the boat), but I'm not surprised. Seems like a beer and a toke is his key to success and always with a bat.

#67 Luca Brasi

Luca Brasi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

Whats Bad is when you pass out on the owners Boat and leave you shit on Deck and the "Boss" with the wife show up,To see steams and seeds a Bag and a Bowl on Deck!Capt Hanna was NOT a Happy Camper!to say the least!

Captain Hanna down in lower Chesapeake. ?

#68 Chiz

Chiz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wed night racing with a former GF and a few of her friends (I was 17 or 18), what was supposed to be an intro to racing quickly spiraled into puff-puff-pass. Back at the dock, I put the boat on the trailer. I was halfway up the ramp, wondering why everyone was screaming at me before I realized I had forgotten to pull off Dad's fancy new high-aspect racing rudder, or what was left of it. We were the first boat to the dock and apparently the smell wafted back over the rest of the fleet. Everyone knew wtf was going on.

#69 yahmes

yahmes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?

#70 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just me, but back when I did that kind of stuff, I thought it made me slow - - - er. But i'm a lightweight when it comes to weed. My ability to perceive, hell almost everything, is greatly diminished on the stuff. I remember when people started saying beer was for after the race. I thought that kinda sucked. I needed a beer in hand to trim spinaker or I'd lose concentration.

I had a good friend that used to race a J24 on a lake that was shifty as hell. They used to all take a shot, then spin the tequila bottle to see where the next shift was coming from. Worked about 75% of the time. I'm sure there was weed consumption, but I think it was usually after the race.

#71 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

You left off the right to carry a weapon while utilizing the above legal substances. :unsure:

Rationality is not a strong American virtue when it comes to what's legal and what ain't.

BV

Check your laws. Your wrong. Any amount bac while carrying results in revocation of permit.

#72 sansouci

sansouci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Not acquainted with Moores, but Crescents (especially the Detroit Sail Club peeps) knew how to roll...pun intended. Props to the goat!

Every Pacific Cup race (San Francisco to Hawaii) seems to have a Moore 24 or two entered in this 2000 plus mile ocean race. You have to be just a little buzzed to get into a 24 foot boat and sail off into the sunset for 2 weeks or so. Great fleet and and great sailors, always competitive.

#73 sfbay33

sfbay33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Ha.... hahaha. West coast college regattas?

#74 Icedtea

Icedtea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Having so man stoner friends , it's strange i never have been...hat, coat etc...

#75 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

BV

Check your laws. Your wrong. Any amount bac while carrying results in revocation of permit.

Depends on the state. In the west? What Permit??? Open carry requires no permit....

#76 biff

biff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

THCYC rules the waves!

Also modifing an old North Sails slogan................The scent of speed.....

Back in the 80's when the 12 meters were training in Santa Cruz it coincided with a Moore Nationals and a 20/20 news show doing a story on Heart of America team. They were filming a debriefing at the dock of 12 meter crew and in the backround you can see a Moore with clouds of smoke billowing out of cabin wafting over the envious 12 meter crew.

The Moore fleet was the first to implement drug testing, we tested everyone to see who had the best! Funny thing it was always a local boat.

#77 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Carnival Corp. or are they rock stars?

#78 biff

biff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

We used the bridge rule during ditch run too..................we won overall

#79 Pro looper

Pro looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

We used the bridge rule during ditch run too..................we won overall

Yea. I was with you but could'nt remember if it was OA and didn't want to exagerate
PL. B)

#80 Sail69

Sail69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

I too am useless under the influence...although my GF and I still use it for the most amazing sex.

But way back when (mid 80's) when I was a hired gun and bringing a boat north from Palm Beach we stopped in Mannesquan, NJ. It was 10pm and around April 8th. The boat was black so the Coasties figured they had a live one. My crew was a smoker and I said have at it when we were ashore. I was off to Law School that fall and laying low. Anyhow, I see the Coasties approaching in the RIB and slide the hatch back to tell him we are being boarded.

After a thorough inspection, everything goes fine and they leave. Immediately my crew collapses on the settee. He thought I was kidding when I announced the boarding because he was rolling a joint and everything was laid out. Once he heard the boots clomping about he starts swallowing as much as he can and putting pipes in places they dont belong. Must have ingested at least a half an ounce.

Close call...boat could have been impounded and me arrested. Goodbye law school, and the owner of the boat, which would have been impounded, would eventually become my boss.

#81 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:03 AM

BV

Depends on the state. In the west? What Permit??? Open carry requires no permit....

Open carry while your drunk and see how that works out for you.

#82 Beau.Vrolyk

Beau.Vrolyk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

BV

Have any of you ever been to a duck hunting club?? Guns, Dogs, and a LARGE amount of brandy!! The reality is that there are plenty of drunks with guns, we just don't talk about them much....

BV

#83 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:24 AM

BV

Its called Deer Season,
Its called Elk Season
Its Called Duck Season
Its Called Rabbit Season...

#84 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

BV

Have any of you ever been to a duck hunting club?? Guns, Dogs, and a LARGE amount of brandy!! The reality is that there are plenty of drunks with guns, we just don't talk about them much....

BV

You forgot Guns, Dogs, Large amounts of Brandy, and random aging VPs...

#85 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,059 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

I'm his Opti Mom, and do not appreciate your implications. As a woman in my mid 60's, I love him like a son. I have never seen him leave the dock with a beer or bat. He always comes back to my vagina.

#86 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

BV

I could not find a single state's laws where it is not " illegal to possess a firearm while intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance", didn't matter whether it was concealed or open carry(hunting included) . People do illegal stuff ,hence this thread ,but it isn't legal as BV suggested. Feel safer now?
Sorry,end of Hijack.

#87 DogBalls

DogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

I too am useless under the influence...although my GF and I still use it for the most amazing sex.

But way back when (mid 80's) when I was a hired gun and bringing a boat north from Palm Beach we stopped in Mannesquan, NJ. It was 10pm and around April 8th. The boat was black so the Coasties figured they had a live one. My crew was a smoker and I said have at it when we were ashore. I was off to Law School that fall and laying low. Anyhow, I see the Coasties approaching in the RIB and slide the hatch back to tell him we are being boarded.

After a thorough inspection, everything goes fine and they leave. Immediately my crew collapses on the settee. He thought I was kidding when I announced the boarding because he was rolling a joint and everything was laid out. Once he heard the boots clomping about he starts swallowing as much as he can and putting pipes in places they dont belong. Must have ingested at least a half an ounce.

Close call...boat could have been impounded and me arrested. Goodbye law school, and the owner of the boat, which would have been impounded, would eventually become my boss.

Pic's of the GF, smoking pot or not, please

#88 The Cascadian

The Cascadian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:sailing, sailing, and oh, sailing.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

To get my take on it, check out this link on my blog - http://thecascadianp...label/marijuana
I also have a bit of sailing content on it.

#89 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

:blink: Works out fine.

I had a girlfriend who was taught by her dad that drinkin' and shootin' went together at least as well as sailin' and drinkin'. We had fun times with the family. They were all about safety but safety had nothing to do with alcohol.

#90 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

You forgot Guns, Dogs, Large amounts of Brandy, and random aging VPs...

Posted Image

#91 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

People do illegal stuff ,hence this thread ,

I live in California where it is not illegal to use marijuana.

#92 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I could not find a single state's laws where it is not " illegal to possess a firearm while intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance", didn't matter whether it was concealed or open carry(hunting included) . People do illegal stuff ,hence this thread ,but it isn't legal as BV suggested. Feel safer now?
Sorry,end of Hijack.

Intoxicated is a legal standard for booze. There is no "intoxication" standard for MJ... WA is looking to put one into law based on nanograms of THC per CC of blood, but absent a standard you don't have an enforcible law.

Also the original comment was about "losing your license"... but since there is no license for Open Carry, you don't lose any license.

#93 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

People do illegal stuff ,hence this thread ,

I live in California where it is not illegal to use marijuana.

News flash. It's illegal in every state. Fed trumps state.

#94 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Sorry,end of Hijack.

Intoxicated is a legal standard for booze. There is no "intoxication" standard for MJ...

Due to the time period cannaboids stay in the system , they'll show long after the high ("intoxication") is gone.

#95 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Sorry,end of Hijack.

Intoxicated is a legal standard for booze. There is no "intoxication" standard for MJ... WA is looking to put one into law based on nanograms of THC per CC of blood, but absent a standard you don't have an enforcible law.

Also the original comment was about "losing your license"... but since there is no license for Open Carry, you don't lose any license.

Nope you just get charged with a felony(loaded weapon) in most states (misdemeanor if it's unloaded).
Your semantics should be in the Reid thread. POINT is it's fucking illegal, when BV said it wasn't. How about that? That fucking clear enough for you?
If you want to be misinformed, that's fine ,but spreading misinformation, no matter how you spin it, for shits and giggles or out of stupidity is bullshit.

#96 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sorry,end of Hijack.

Intoxicated is a legal standard for booze. There is no "intoxication" standard for MJ...

Due to the time period cannaboids stay in the system , they'll show long after the high ("intoxication") is gone.

And, in certains legal situations ANY cannabinoids found in the system (like after a car accident when blood is drawn) (cannabinoids are not naturally produced in the human body)count towards prosecution .

#97 fan

fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Raced with an owner for years who was well known for his "Safety meetings". He felt no shame about it in fact he wore a "safety kit" around his neck filled with jays at almost all times. Still remember driving upwind with everyone on the rail during a short distance race. There was a jay being passed down the rail when I hit a bad set of waves one of which got sent flying. Managed to hit only the guy with the jay in his hand and soak him and the safety stick. I was not super popular for a while after that hahaha

#98 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

Sorry,end of Hijack.

Nope you just get charged with a felony(loaded weapon) in most states (misdemeanor if it's unloaded).
Your semantics should be in the Reid thread. POINT is it's fucking illegal, when BV said it wasn't. How about that? That fucking clear enough for you?
If you want to be misinformed, that's fine ,but spreading misinformation, no matter how you spin it, for shits and giggles or out of stupidity is bullshit.

Show me where in the RCW your claim holds, because for the life of me I can't find it http://apps.leg.wa.g...=9.41&full=true the State AG has said that certain LOCAL municipalities are allowed to regulate this http://www.atg.wa.go...archive&id=7660 but that doesn't hold in general.

In Idaho the law only applies to CONCEALED weapons, not openly carried ones http://www.legislatu...ECT18-3302B.htm

Montana has no restrictions that I can find on public OPEN carriage and intoxication http://data.opi.mt.g..._toc/45_8_3.htm
Curiously in Nevada you can be blitzed out of your mind on booze and carry a gun but even a single hit while carrying a gun is a felony http://www.leg.state...ml#NRS202Sec360
Oregon lets you be drunk with an openly carried firearm http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.250
Arizona lets you be drunk and armed...http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03102.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

Now it may be true that in "most states" the prohibition holds... but clearly WA,OR,MT, ID, AZ make up a pretty good sampling of western states.

So go ahead call me any name you want... just be able to back it up

#99 Pro looper

Pro looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

So much for a FUN thread :huh:

#100 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Sorry,end of Hijack.

And, in certains legal situations ANY cannabinoids found in the system (like after a car accident when blood is drawn) (cannabinoids are not naturally produced in the human body)count towards prosecution .

But what do they prosecute on? Its not illegal to ingest cannabinoids, just to possess and trade them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users