#1 Cakewalk

Cakewalk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Anything that flys

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

inbetween 1973 and 1977 Jim Gardiner worked with Meade and Jan Gougeon. At the time the Gougeon's of course were iceboaters who turned to multihulls. They built many multihulls, including a trimaran built for the OSTAR. I was told she broke in the Newport/Bermuda race and ended up in a shed. Jim was an incredable builder and decided to build after the wanna be OSTAR boat. Jim was one of the first builders to use carbon fiber,even years before the Gougeons. "Cake Walk" the new boat is one of the first ever built with carbonAttached File  CAKEWALKX4 034.JPG   256.06K   212 downloads. What makes this trimaran unusual besides wave perceing hulls is the fact she is built like an airplane. Even today 1600 lbs in a 34'x26' is a feat! Cake Walk has had a minimal race record but had been a serious contender to Bill Roberts in the day in Southern Florida. It is important that 1977 ' Cake Walk" is raced in 2012/2013 in SFB, she is a time piece that needs to represented in the upcoming attention to multihulls due to the AC 34. She has the potential to make a HUGE statement. I am going cruising so I would like a partnership to show off her abilites in San Francisco Bay while I am gone. Remember a trimaran not a catamaran won the last AC challenge! SEE AD

#2 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,658 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

time to revive the Monster Garage thread.

#3 Cakewalk

Cakewalk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Many races in the bay start with little or no wind, what if you could sail windspeed + in 4 knot winds?

Attached Files

#4 Cakewalk

Cakewalk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Check these beams outAttached File  CAKEWALKX4 007.JPG   865.23K   68 downloads

#5 GMT

GMT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Stop begging. Its unbecoming the dignity of that boat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users