154 replies to this topic

#1 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

The race website is is up, so it's time for a thread to spin the BS.

BtoG 2012 website

The catwackers have their own thread so they can stay there and tell each other how good they are, also it seem they are starting from Shorncliffe this year so there will probably be some fun at the Redcliffe mark.

The J boat is not going, but I am not staying home this year. I had forgotten that the pubs are shut on Good Friday and waking up on Easter Monday without a stinking hangover was a strange experience. Besides, if I stay home two years running the family might get some strange unrealistic expections that I will never be able meet.

So start the BS and the usual commentary on Stripey's "Gear busting, tradewind, spinnaker sailing, tactical battle for class honours in the 308 n/ml blue water classic starting at noon on Good Friday" articles.

#2 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

bump

#3 Change

Change

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:sailing, V8's

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

Saltash getting dusted off?

Whats the forecast?

#4 Turkey Slapper

Turkey Slapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Whats the forecast?

Light southeaster building in the after noon! A shower or 2, and will get real dark before morning!

#5 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

The race website is is up, so it's time for a thread to spin the BS.

BtoG 2012 website

The catwackers have their own thread so they can stay there and tell each other how good they are, also it seem they are starting from Shorncliffe this year so there will probably be some fun at the Redcliffe mark.

The J boat is not going, but I am not staying home this year. I had forgotten that the pubs are shut on Good Friday and waking up on Easter Monday without a stinking hangover was a strange experience. Besides, if I stay home two years running the family might get some strange unrealistic expections that I will never be able meet.

So start the BS and the usual commentary on Stripey's "Gear busting, tradewind, spinnaker sailing, tactical battle for class honours in the 308 n/ml blue water classic starting at noon on Good Friday" articles.

By all means have a thread minus the "catwackers" as you so humorously call them. God you're funny.

But seriously - Are you the obnoxious tool that comes into the multi presentation ceremony dribbling shit and yelling out catwacker? I would really like to know, restraint has been shown in past years, doubt the offending idiot will be so lucky this year.

#6 Turkey Slapper

Turkey Slapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Mmmmm, throwing rocks!

I take it this is multi anarchy your posting in!

#7 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

But seriously - Are you the obnoxious tool that comes into the multi presentation ceremony dribbling shit and yelling out catwacker? I would really like to know, restraint has been shown in past years, doubt the offending idiot will be so lucky this year.

No that is not me as there is always somthing better to do than go to the BtoG multi presentation, such as popping zits, lancing boils, checking out the renovations at the Gladstone lockup, catching up on sleep, listening to Lydia recap what a brilliant race they had (beer is necessary for this one), catching a plane home, watching the habour festival parade or just continue getting shitfaced in the PCSC.

Now fuck off back to your catwacker thread and remember that when someone yells "STARBOARD!" at you on good Friday replying "But we're not in your race" is not the correct response.

#8 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

No that is not me as there is always somthing better to do than go to the BtoG multi presentation, such as popping zits, lancing boils, checking out the renovations at the Gladstone lockup, catching up on sleep, listening to Lydia recap what a brilliant race they had (beer is necessary for this one), catching a plane home, watching the habour festival parade or just continue getting shitfaced in the PCSC.

Now fuck off back to your catwacker thread and remember that when someone yells "STARBOARD!" at you on good Friday replying "But we're not in your race" is not the correct response.

Erudite, balanced, thoughtful and informed.

#9 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Pods, I can write a story about Keppel as well if you want.

#10 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

Pods, I can write a story about Keppel as well if you want.

Ah Keppel and the Vodaphone guys. They were responsible for me getting an early mark from the post race drinks. They just went on and on and on and on about not being allowed in the race, it was so boring I was bored to sleep. Unfortunately the temporary fence I was leaning against fell over, prompting the very nice security fellow to suggest that I go and fall alseep elswhere. I did warn him that there were some multihull types around and to be careful so he did not fall asleep on the job as well.

Anyway thats my latest story of that event and I am sticking to it until I can thnk of a better one.

#11 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

I will point out however that at the raft presentation you can get a drink! What you going on Pods? I am taking the Blue boat if you want a ride. We do have one of those old fashioned pole thingos so you may want to bone up on your history books beforehand.

#12 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

I will point out however that at the raft presentation you can get a drink! What you going on Pods? I am taking the Blue boat if you want a ride. We do have one of those old fashioned pole thingos so you may want to bone up on your history books beforehand.

Ta LB, but it looks like I have a ride on a boat that also has one of those old fashioned pole thingys. I am refreshing my bow skills by checking out the "Shit Bowguys Say" thread and rewatching Samurai Douse. I will let you know if anything changes on the ride bit.

#13 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Whats the forecast?

Forecast? Check in with Stripey. It's around this time of year he hits the "drivel" switch on his word processor. Come to think of it, I think it's actually jammed in the "on" position all year round.

#14 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Whats the forecast?

Forecast? Check in with Stripey. It's around this time of year he hits the "drivel" switch on his word processor. Come to think of it, I think it's actually jammed in the "on" position all year round.

"a fast spinnaker sailing trade wind forecast" according to Stripey.

#15 AussieSailorChick

AussieSailorChick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Looks like some bigger boats turning up this year..

Start line moved for one with a really long keel.. :)

#16 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

Bumpty bump!

Stripeys been at it again.......

Another win will be a fitting reward for the veteran campaigner who has the hard core experience of testing his tactical skill on what is described to be among Australia’s most challenging coastal passage races.

However Bob Robertson’s career results are respected both he and the Lunchtime Legend crew are faced with a supreme test of their experience to log the required boat speed to finish ahead of the Royal Geelong Yacht Club’s high performance TP52 Shogun V (Robert Hanna) the Maroochy Sailing Club’s Audi Sunshine Coast Alegria V (Rod Jones) and eight time race winner Saltash ll (Sandy Cavill).

Here we go again!

On a sad note Lockey Walters (Eagles dad) passed away a couple of days ago. Eagle asked that we spread the news.
The funeral is on Monday at 330 at the Albany Creek Garden Chapel on Albany Creek road.

Sail on old mate - I told you those Ciggies were no good for you! We will raise one in Happyrock for you.

#17 Rum Monkey

Rum Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Bumpty bump!

Stripeys been at it again.......

Another win will be a fitting reward for the veteran campaigner who has the hard core experience of testing his tactical skill on what is described to be among Australia’s most challenging coastal passage races.

However Bob Robertson’s career results are respected both he and the Lunchtime Legend crew are faced with a supreme test of their experience to log the required boat speed to finish ahead of the Royal Geelong Yacht Club’s high performance TP52 Shogun V (Robert Hanna) the Maroochy Sailing Club’s Audi Sunshine Coast Alegria V (Rod Jones) and eight time race winner Saltash ll (Sandy Cavill).

Here we go again!

On a sad note Lockey Walters (Eagles dad) passed away a couple of days ago. Eagle asked that we spread the news.
The funeral is on Monday at 330 at the Albany Creek Garden Chapel on Albany Creek road.

Sail on old mate - I told you those Ciggies were no good for you! We will raise one in Happyrock for you.

Sad to hear. We will be there on Monday.

#18 AussieSailorChick

AussieSailorChick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Question for those staying onshore this year - what information do you want to see coming from the boats?

Where do you want to see it?

Sailing Anarchy? Facebook? Twitter??

#19 Combined Clubs

Combined Clubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Stripey's at it again! Warro must have PAID to get W Things sails repaired?

#20 Rum Monkey

Rum Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Nothing wrong with a bit of stickyback type and some chewing gum to fixs the sails :blink:

#21 Ozee Adventure

Ozee Adventure

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Question for those staying onshore this year - what information do you want to see coming from the boats?

SA & FB please

#22 AussieSailorChick

AussieSailorChick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

SA & FB please

Will see what we can do - it's the mobile black spot from Noosa to the drain that is the problem that we need a solution for....!! ;)

#23 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

SA & FB please

Will see what we can do - it's the mobile black spot from Noosa to the drain that is the problem that we need a solution for....!! ;)

Then there are those of us that simply enjoy the sailing so much that we don't feel need to attention whore whilst we are racing. But then again there is a breathless world out there just waiting to here about the Dolfins your saw or what you are having for breakfast. Then everone can can 'Like'.
Hey - heres an idea-why don't you take a world renowed sailing photogropher with you?

#24 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

SA & FB please

Then there are those of us that simply enjoy the sailing so much that we don't feel need to attention whore whilst we are racing. But then again there is a breathless world out there just waiting to here about the Dolfins your saw or what you are having for breakfast. Then everone can can 'Like'.
Hey - heres an idea-why don't you take a world renowed sailing photogroper with you?

you'll get sued.....

#25 Ozee Adventure

Ozee Adventure

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

SA & FB please

Hey - heres an idea-why don't you take a world renowed sailing photogropher with you?

I'm sitting on my bum doing nothing this Easter but I'd like to know what hubby & fleet are up to as easiliy as possible, no "Attentions" required

#26 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

SA & FB please

I'm sitting on my bum doing nothing this Easter but I'd like to know what hubby & fleet are up to as easiliy as possible, no "Attentions" required

What???? have you been eased? Fark - you start one little fire........

#27 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

SA & FB please

Then there are those of us that simply enjoy the sailing so much that we don't feel need to attention whore whilst we are racing. But then again there is a breathless world out there just waiting to here about the Dolfins sunfish you saw or what you are having for breakfast. Then everone can can 'Like'.

Quick edit. Carry on,

#28 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

You clowns be sure to keep everyone up to date on this important race.

#29 Grogo

Grogo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Who is your IRC choice?

#30 Rum Monkey

Rum Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

Who is your IRC choice?

for what?

#31 Toolbox

Toolbox

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Sailing
    Family

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Much going on?

#32 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

Then there are those of us that simply enjoy the sailing so much that we don't feel need to attention whore whilst we are racing. But then again there is a breathless world out there just waiting to here about the Dolfins sunfish you saw or what you are having for breakfast. Then everone can can 'Like'.
[/quote]

Quick edit. Carry on,
[/quote]
OA is not a legend like AusseSailor chick, has not done enough miles recently

#33 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Good to hear about the annual Brisbane Gladmire race.

Don't you foreigners have anything else to do?

#34 Turkey Slapper

Turkey Slapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Sort of dissapointed now us Aussies saved you clowns in WW2!

#35 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Sort of dissapointed now us Aussies saved you clowns in WW2!

I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

#36 AussieSailorChick

AussieSailorChick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

[/quote]

Quick edit. Carry on,
[/quote]
[/quote]

:unsure: Not really sure what that is about.. I just knew what it was like looking for information on the years I didn't go so thought I'd make an effort to post some updates this year when sailing.. Frankly, I'm feeling a bit put off and there doesn't seem to be much interest in any case..

#37 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Don't be put off ASC - its just part of the usual SA pre Gladstone slanging fun!

Let’s check that all the boxes have been ticked for this years thread.

1/ Bitch about the amount of paper work - check
2/ Slaging off of the multihulls - check
3/ A few Cats upside down jokes - check
4/ Some flaming between Podrick and me - incomplete.

Podrick is a Douche Bag. That should do it.

5/ Uninformed discussion about the weather including the traditional Cyclone rumor - incomplete

The mail I have from a very reliable source is that a intense Low will form over Lady Elliot some time Friday night. It is not showing up on the weather Models because the new Queensland Government don't want to panic the population.

The main thing left to do is to award the annual 'Write like Stripey award'
Here is my entry as put in the 'Yacht information' section on the entry form.

"As this group of salty veterans again pack their sea bags for another
crack at the great race they hope that the prevailing SE trade winds
will generate the large following seas that will allow the crew to
surf the old steed past its designed waterline length. With
innumerable Gladstone races beneath their collective keels the crew
will be hoping for the angry anvil shaped clouds to form again over
Bustard Head and they can collapse exhausted on the wet sail bags,
grabbing some well earned sleep, safe in the knowledge that their crew
mates will ride the sulfur crested widow makers toward the finish line
and a warm welcome from the thousands of mine workers sleeping in the
parks due to lack of accommodation."

The big news is that due to the marina being full most of us will be rafting up in the creek again! For all you young - uns, you are in for a treat.
The raft up makes for a great party atmosphere. Sort of like constitution dock but with smaller seagulls and a lot farking warmer!

Only 5 sleeps to the start. Let’s get writing folks!

#38 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Well done I thought it was Stripey himself.
Little editorial comment you forgot to mention Saltash, Robbo & White Water Wake.
Now all you have to do is not get on a media boat, bag the race organisation and write an article for SA.
Please supply pics from Slapper with your article.

#39 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Good point but even 'Beatle juice' couldn't Bag QCYC. Great club and great people. Go the Herb!

#40 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

He has done a great job over the years.
Will the start be close to the pier or out further.
I think the peir is closed so there will probably be a few more on the hill this year.

#41 Grogo

Grogo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

[/quote]

Quick edit. Carry on,
[/quote]
[/quote]

:unsure: Not really sure what that is about.. I just knew what it was like looking for information on the years I didn't go so thought I'd make an effort to post some updates this year when sailing.. Frankly, I'm feeling a bit put off and there doesn't seem to be much interest in any case..
[/quote]

Hi ASC

dont let the dropkicks get you down. They talk,don't do & don't win. What boat are U sailing on?, I would be very interested in your race & others around you

Grogo

#42 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

Jaysus grogo, didn't the sunfish reference give it away?
Farking newbies....

#43 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

Any Mooloolaba boats lining up this year Grogo

#44 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Heaven got sick of waiting is going under a new guise.

#45 AussieSailorChick

AussieSailorChick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hey Grogo - going with Wild Thing

#46 Grogo

Grogo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

Farking newbies....

It was just to backup ASC. R U going to retire by Twitter & then Unretire & finish? My bad that was a Keppel race wasn't it?
Farkin wankers...

#47 AussieSailorChick

AussieSailorChick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

Not sure what the Twitter reference is, assuming your comment is not aimed at me..

#48 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

Farking newbies....

It was just to backup ASC. R U going to retire by Twitter & then Unretire & finish? My bad that was a Keppel race wasn't it?
Farkin wankers...

What are you talking about Grogo? We retired from the race (by HF) then motored to the finish and got pissed. DNF.
How does one 'unretire' from a race?
I have never twittered in my life. My wife set up a twitter account for me but I have no idea how to, or the slightest interest in, using it.

The 'Farking newbie' crack was meant to be humorous Grogo. No malice intended.

I have learnt that it doesn’t pay to be too precious in discussions around here mate!

#49 Grogo

Grogo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:54 AM

Not sure what the Twitter reference is, assuming your comment is not aimed at me..

U assume correctly

#50 Grogo

Grogo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

Farking newbies....

Farkin wankers...

What are you talking about Grogo? We retired from the race (by HF) then motored to the finish and got pissed. DNF.
How does one 'unretire' from a race?
I have never twittered in my life. My wife set up a twitter account for me but I have no idea how to, or the slightest interest in, using it.

The 'Farking newbie' crack was meant to be humorous Grogo. No malice intended.

I have learnt that it doesn’t pay to be too precious in discussions around here mate!

I don't know how to Unretire from a race
You have to explain that you are humorous? Tks

I am not precious, How did you learn that you were precious around here?
Ha!

#51 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

You have to explain that you are humorous? Tks

Well, not to most people.
Only some.

#52 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Let's get back on topic and stop all this squabbling. We all want to know how the Brissie to Gladpoon race is going.

#53 Rum Monkey

Rum Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Let's get back on topic and stop all this squabbling. We all want to know how the Brissie to Gladpoon race is going.

well the brisbane to "gladpoon" race had a major blow to it when line honours contenders blackjack and wildthing had a colision at the start with both boats taking on water. blackjack was put on the beach to stop sinking whilst wildthing limped back to port . at last report southern cross sailing schools bh41 was in the lead...... more to come when they leave the bar

#54 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

I think the peir is closed so there will probably be a few more on the hill this year.

Here is the start info. Multis close in, monos quite a way out due to Wild Thing drawing 6.something metres.

Attached Files

#55 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Here is the start info. Multis close in, monos quite a way out due to Wild Thing drawing 6.something metres.

Thanks for sharing all that.

#56 greasy al

greasy al

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

heard a rumour as there might be fellers drinkin' hard liquor after the finish of this ladies race.

don't hold with such Godlessness m'self.

#57 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I am not, well some of the time I'm not.

Having just been persuaded to leave my Cando-proof bunker and seeing there is no new mine in my back yard, I can now get back to important things like sailing to Gladstone. does anyone know where you can get Chemical Protection suits for the trip up the Harbour? Also the Harbour Festival should be a cracker, I just heard that Clive Palmer is leading the parade and Gina Rinehart is headlining the concert reciting some of her own poetry. I hope it is not on at the same time as the multi presentation as I wont know which will be more exciting.

#58 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Having just been persuaded to leave my Cando-proof bunker and seeing there is no new mine in my back yard, I can now get back to important things like sailing to Gladstone. does anyone know where you can get Chemical Protection suits for the trip up the Harbour? Also the Harbour Festival should be a cracker, I just heard that Clive Palmer is leading the parade and Gina Rinehart is headlining the concert reciting some of her own poetry. I hope it is not on at the same time as the multi presentation as I wont know which will be more exciting.

Speaking of the multihull presentation, where do they have that? In the public toilets? Would be room for those interested, most would even get a seat. :) :)

#59 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Speaking of the multihull presentation, where do they have that? In the public toilets? Would be room for those interested, most would even get a seat. :) :)

there may be a hole in the wall you can use johnny.

#60 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Don't forget you can get a drink at the Multihull presentation unlike the dry argument at the Gladstone 'Cultural centre' for us lead mines! Last year Herb had a second presentation for us on the slow boats at the yacht house on Sunday afternoon. Boring speaches are much easier to listen to with a brew to hand.

#61 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

The members of the QLD labor parliamentary team have inquired about chartering a yacht from us to do some team building before their first sitting. We suggested one of our Jeanneau’s that take up to 10 passengers. They asked if we had anything smaller......

#62 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

Funny you should mention that JS the prize for first when Corum won the monons some years back was a dunny

#63 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

The members of the QLD labor parliamentary team have inquired about chartering a yacht from us to do some team building before their first sitting. We suggested one of our Jeanneau’s that take up to 10 passengers. They asked if we had anything smaller......

You could have offered them your sons Opti.

#64 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Did they want one without a Rudd-er?

#65 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Heard the dredges will stop for Easter.
So nice clean water to raft up in.

#66 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

They also must beware of dangerous bird life on the water.
I mean if one swan can screw the whole country...

#67 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

They also must beware of dangerous bird life on the water.
I mean if one swan can screw the whole country...

i have heard that one can wind up with egg on ones face, beware the dangerous bird life.

#68 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

Dont worry about where pal. It will be over long before the last of the half boats arrive.

#69 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Dont worry about where pal. It will be over long before the last of the half boats arrive.

Well if you hold the presentation while half the multi fleet is still at sea then it would be possible to hold it in the public toilets. hopefully the rest of the fleet get in in time for Gina's poetry.

#70 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Well if you hold the presentation while half the multi fleet is still at sea then it would be possible to hold it in the public toilets. hopefully the rest of the fleet get in in time for Gina's poetry.

Looking at the forecast today, I will probably be still sailing when the multi presentation is on.

#71 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Looking at the forecast today, I will probably be still sailing when the multi presentation is on.

Thanks for sharing that.

Seems like the Bristone to Gladbane Race is the highlight of the year for all your miserable lives.

#72 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for sharing that.

Seems like the Bristone to Gladbane Race is the highlight of the year for all your miserable lives.

gladstone is a miserable destination though not all the competitors are miserable, speaking of which is your father going in the marten.

#73 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

As we sail up the Harbour approaching the beautiful city of Gladstone (the jewel of the mid north) we will be sailing into a different kind of storm this year. You see for the last 63 years the venue for the after race celebrations has been the Port Curtis Sailing Club as indeed it will be again this year, but perhaps, for the last time. The PCSC clubhouse is a lovely old timber building sitting as it does only metres from the tranquil waters of Auckland Creek, in the heart of that fair city. It has been the cultural hub of the town for a long time. But as you are all no doubt aware, there are big things happening in Gladstone and the Port Authority that owns the land that the club sits on wants to knock it down and redevelop the property, leaving the club homeless. Now who could blame the Port Authority – after all this is a prime water front position and the people of Noosa, the Gold coast and Port Douglas must be choking on their lattés s at the thought of what this development will do to their investments! Gladstone is clearly the next big, thing but the loss of this sailing icon will bring a nostalgic tear to the eye of many a Gladstone race participant. Now it is not so much the building itself that we will mourn the loss of but the memories that it contains. Yacht club buildings are changing – anyone who has seen the Hamilton Island YC's astounding erection will agree. The HIYC is a truly remarkable structure. Apparently its design was 'inspired' by the manta ray. It sits on the hill over looking Dent Passage but it has no 'soul'. Indeed perhaps a sole would have made better inspiration than a manta ray. At least it would have all been on one level. Sandringham Yacht Club in Melbourne has just spent about 10 Gasillion dollars building a huge shiny new clubhouse the size of a TAFE college, but, in my opinion, it has the atmosphere of a dentist waiting room.

Yacht clubs should be old timber buildings. They should have dusty timber honour boards with long dead trophy winner's names listed in gold paint. The walls should feature a collection of faded burgees from other clubs and framed photos of old boats being sailed by people who themselves are now very old. Serious looking men with sideburns and bad moustaches should stare sternly down from their portraits. It should have windows and fans instead of air-con and wide verandahs over looking the water. It should not be all chrome and glass bricks, with private lounges and members libraries. The carpet should be worn and the bar staff should be old enough to call you 'love' when serving you. But it is the memories that you can not replace. The old Port Curtis Sailing Club has played host to 3 generations of sailors who have laughed, relaxed and re-lived great moments from the race using bread rolls and salt shakers as boats. Stories have been retold over and over, growing in stature each year until they become legendary or even true! Lies are told, old friendships are reignited, great shenanigins from the past are relived and glasses are raised to departed mates. This is the true heart of a yacht club.
Occupy PCSC I reckon!

#74 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Agree with LB on old Yacht Clubs.

A few more examples.
RANSA and Drummoyne Sailing Club.
RANSA building has great atmosphere and many attributes that LB mentions above.

The old Drummoyne Sailing Club was smaller and needed upgrading but lost its soul in doing so.
Still a nice spot, but the old one was a nicer place for a beer.

Cairns Yacht Club had a nice feel to it as well. Not sure if it is still in the same format. Has been a while since I was there.

Darwin Yacht Club is another spot for a good beer.

All IMO of course.

#75 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

For several years the Gladstone port authority has been doing everything it legally can to get rid of sailing vessels in the area. If they could they would ban yachts from Port Curtis completely. Where else do you have to report any private vessel movements to a harbourmaster under threat of a big fine.

#76 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Cairns Yacht Club had a nice feel to it as well. Not sure if it is still in the same format. Has been a while since I was there.

Long gone. Club still exists but has no bar.

#77 Breeze

Breeze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

As we sail up the Harbour approaching the beautiful city of Gladstone (the jewel of the mid north) we will be sailing into a different kind of storm this year. You see for the last 63 years the venue for the after race celebrations has been the Port Curtis Sailing Club as indeed it will be again this year, but perhaps, for the last time. The PCSC clubhouse is a lovely old timber building sitting as it does only metres from the tranquil waters of Auckland Creek, in the heart of that fair city. It has been the cultural hub of the town for a long time. But as you are all no doubt aware, there are big things happening in Gladstone and the Port Authority that owns the land that the club sits on wants to knock it down and redevelop the property, leaving the club homeless. Now who could blame the Port Authority – after all this is a prime water front position and the people of Noosa, the Gold coast and Port Douglas must be choking on their lattés s at the thought of what this development will do to their investments! Gladstone is clearly the next big, thing but the loss of this sailing icon will bring a nostalgic tear to the eye of many a Gladstone race participant. Now it is not so much the building itself that we will mourn the loss of but the memories that it contains. Yacht club buildings are changing – anyone who has seen the Hamilton Island YC's astounding erection will agree. The HIYC is a truly remarkable structure. Apparently its design was 'inspired' by the manta ray. It sits on the hill over looking Dent Passage but it has no 'soul'. Indeed perhaps a sole would have made better inspiration than a manta ray. At least it would have all been on one level. Sandringham Yacht Club in Melbourne has just spent about 10 Gasillion dollars building a huge shiny new clubhouse the size of a TAFE college, but, in my opinion, it has the atmosphere of a dentist waiting room.

Yacht clubs should be old timber buildings. They should have dusty timber honour boards with long dead trophy winner's names listed in gold paint. The walls should feature a collection of faded burgees from other clubs and framed photos of old boats being sailed by people who themselves are now very old. Serious looking men with sideburns and bad moustaches should stare sternly down from their portraits. It should have windows and fans instead of air-con and wide verandahs over looking the water. It should not be all chrome and glass bricks, with private lounges and members libraries. The carpet should be worn and the bar staff should be old enough to call you 'love' when serving you. But it is the memories that you can not replace. The old Port Curtis Sailing Club has played host to 3 generations of sailors who have laughed, relaxed and re-lived great moments from the race using bread rolls and salt shakers as boats. Stories have been retold over and over, growing in stature each year until they become legendary or even true! Lies are told, old friendships are reignited, great shenanigins from the past are relived and glasses are raised to departed mates. This is the true heart of a yacht club.
Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Best post and great story LB.

#78 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Long gone. Club still exists but has no bar.

Thanks JS.
Suspected as much as its a prime commercial spot.

#79 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for sharing that.

gladstone is a miserable destination though not all the competitors are miserable, speaking of which is your father going in the marten.

Do rag has no idea who his father is. Could have been any one of that football team.

#80 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Great post LB.

Scrums wont be allowed in sanitized PCSC decked out with conical shaped silver lights and beer served in wine glasses. What is even sadder than the loss of tradition and soul is that there are investors willing to pay a premium for a view of the new coal loading terminal and the thrill of that light sprinkle of coal dust. As well as taking in the refreshing scents wafting in on the sea breeze from the LNG processing plant on Curtis Island.

Occupy PCSC, Shit yeah! But isn't that what we do for the second half of Easter anyway. Maybe a Yachtie's petition signed by as many competitors as possible? Or maybe we just change our Easter destination to somewhere that still has a pulse and hopefully some character.

#81 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Great post LB.

Scrums wont be allowed in sanitized PCSC decked out with conical shaped silver lights and beer served in wine glasses. What is even sadder than the loss of tradition and soul is that there are investors willing to pay a premium for a view of the new coal loading terminal and the thrill of that light sprinkle of coal dust. As well as taking in the refreshing scents wafting in on the sea breeze from the LNG processing plant on Curtis Island.
Occupy PCSC, Shit yeah! But isn't that what we do for the second half of Easter anyway. Maybe a Yachtie's petition signed by as many competitors as possible? Or maybe we just change our Easter destination to somewhere that still has a pulse and hopefully some character.

Swings and roundabouts.
That project is assisting me in becoming the next PBO.
Disclaimer - OUR LNG plants do not have refreshing scents wafting from them!!!

#82 Turkey Slapper

Turkey Slapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Great post LB.

Wernt allowed last time i went anyway, as i found out while being carried out the door by a 130kg bouncer! :lol:

Hey LB, lets bring scrums and bar sliding back to our club, just like the old days! I have some classic pictures to hang on the wall as well!

#83 stranded

stranded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Interests:cruising, racing, inshore and offshore

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

remember hard yakka !

#84 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Great post LB.

Wernt allowed last time i went anyway, as i found out while being carried out the door by a 130kg bouncer! :lol:

Hey LB, lets bring scrums and bar sliding back to our club, just like the old days! I have some classic pictures to hang on the wall as well!

Dont forget the swimming carnival in the fountain out the front.
Even the start venue has changed but thankfully there is still a little bit of history left there to go around.
I still remember when I walked into the QCYC for the first time went up to the fridge got a can of rum and left my money in the tupperware container.
Best of luck to all.
I guess I will just have to settle for the building swell and the crowds on the point at Noosa.
Incidently if for any reason anyone should have to bail at Mooloolaba there is a shoal / breaking wave in front of the river mouth today and dare I say should be on Friday as well. You would need to give it a wide berth and come back into the river mouth from the West. There is a temperory Port marker as well.

#85 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Great post LB.

Even the start venue has changed but thankfully there is still a little bit of history left there to go around.
I still remember when I walked into the QCYC for the first time went up to the fridge got a can of rum and left my money in the tupperware container.
Best of luck to all.
I guess I will just have to settle for the building swell and the crowds on the point at Noosa.
Incidently if for any reason anyone should have to bail at Mooloolaba there is a shoal / breaking wave in front of the river mouth today and dare I say should be on Friday as well. You would need to give it a wide berth and come back into the river mouth from the West. There is a temperory Port marker as well.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Jeebers, now the foreigners are giving advice to how to enter a harbor in Mooooolabia.

Keep at it, we need your input.

#86 Folding prop

Folding prop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Pissing off
    self-centered
    jerks

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

You have to understand why DoRag is the way he is. In the past he's been plagued with girl problems. They always leave him for some foreign sailor. He goes and tracks them down usually in another country. Last time it didn't end well for Mr. DoRag. He went down to Brisbane searching once again. One night he drank well beyond his limit. He awoke in a back alley with his torn shorts around his neck and a sore ass. His body was graffitied in emoticons using various Sharpie colors. The tragic part of the story is that he no longer can produce any sound when he farts. Worst of all,barnyard animals now reject him. Certainly you can understand why he hates girls,foreigners,and emoticons.

#87 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Although many things about the race may have changed, it is still a special race.
I ask how many races have this as part of it Sailing instructions?

APPENDIX F – RECEIVING YOUR BEER

When the well fendered “Glad 1” comes alongside a finished competitor, the competitors should hold their course

and speed to allow the handover of the carton of beer and the Mayor’s plaque to be completed without incident.

If the competitor endeavours to turn away, the sketch demonstrates the result. Manoeuvring will be very difficult.

#88 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Best of luck to all.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Jeebers, now the foreigners are giving advice to how to enter a harbor in Mooooolabia.

Keep at it, we need your input.

Y Bar - thanks for the info.
Do Rag - Go eat a bag of dicks.

#89 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Anyone with half a brain will understand.

#90 PIL007

PIL007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars-Fast Boats-Fast Woman and Beer

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Although many things about the race may have changed, it is still a special race.

When the well fendered "Glad 1" comes alongside a finished competitor, the competitors should hold their course

and speed to allow the handover of the carton of beer and the Mayor's plaque to be completed without incident.

If the competitor endeavours to turn away, the sketch demonstrates the result. Manoeuvring will be very difficult.

That is certainly special...should be mandatory for all sailboat races in Oz

#91 DrNick

DrNick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Occupy PCSC I reckon!

Great post LB.

They could pick up the whole clubhouse and move it to Keppel Bay Marina, but the Keppel race will never be a "spray drenching spinnaker sailing aquatic sleigh ride".

maybe they'll replace the clubhouse with a purpose-built boatyard for fixing anti-foul blisters.

that bar is the main reason we weather lady elliott island every year

#92 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

When the well fendered "Glad 1" comes alongside a finished competitor, the competitors should hold their course

and speed to allow the handover of the carton of beer and the Mayor's plaque to be completed without incident.

That is certainly special...should be mandatory for all sailboat races in Oz

Sailboat racing in Oz?

Why?

WTF?

#93 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

They could pick up the whole clubhouse and move it to Keppel Bay Marina, but the Keppel race will never be a "spray drenching spinnaker sailing aquatic sleigh ride".

maybe they'll replace the clubhouse with a purpose-built boatyard for fixing anti-foul blisters.

Changing the destination to Great Keppel or Yeppoon might not be such a bad idea. Not much further, and no shit about sailing up the channel and having to stop if a ship appears (is that still a Harbourmasters requirement).

#94 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Changing the destination to Great Keppel or Yeppoon might not be such a bad idea. Not much further, and no shit about sailing up the channel and having to stop if a ship appears (is that still a Harbourmasters requirement).

The Kepple and Gladstone race's work well together. 2 differant times of the year and two very differant races weather wise. And this allows us Queenslanders to use our nav lights twice a year.

#95 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

You only have to add on that extra half day of sitting off Rockhampton with no wind and PCSC building would make a welcome change to the tent and those angry attack fences at Keppel Bay Marina.

#96 podrick

podrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Fuck! I really should pack my bag a couple of days before. LB have you got the posters ready for the Occupy PCSC protest? I'll work on some slogans on the way up. Hopefully Tony Abbott doesn't visit Gladstone over the weekend because he wants to stop the boats.

#97 Toolbox

Toolbox

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
    Family

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Handicapps are up and Yacht tracker is active

Veteran Extended0.8272Lady Katherine0.8099Lloyds Brokers Too Impetuous0.8299Marriah0.7785Matangi0.8314Midnight Oil0.9295Sassy0.8027Soothsayer0.8985Tybo0.7899UBS Wild Thing1.0985Wistari0.7617 PHRF 1 A5 - AUDI Centre Sunshine Coast1.1645Arcadia0.9504Blunderbuss0.9501Bobby's Girl1.0102Dream0.9568Euphoria0.9518Lambourdini Envy Scooters1.0102Samurai Jack0.9677Spirit of the Maid1.2001Stomp0.9985UBS Wild Thing1.0985 PHRF 2 Corum0.9314Guilty Pleasures IV0.9165Immigrant0.9475Jessandra II0.9309Mayfair0.8845Midnight Oil0.9295Mondo0.9138People Resourcing Bluebottle0.9014Ragtime0.9425Soothsayer0.8985Southern Cross Yachting0.9347Synchronicity0.9284 PHRF 3 Bad Habits0.7904Extended0.8272Flying Colours II0.8295Lady Katherine0.8099Lloyds Brokers Too Impetuous0.8299Marriah0.7785Matangi0.8314Sassy0.8027Scamp0.8141Tybo0.7899Wistari0.7617 IRC1 A5 - AUDI Centre Sunshine Coast1.281Black Jack1.586Bobby's Girl1.184Dream1.143Lahana1.683Lambourdini Envy Scooters1.183Ocean Affinity1.25Shogun V1.384Wild Thing1.805 IRC2 Arcadia1.097Blunderbuss1.085Corum1.086Euphoria1.093Guilty Pleasures IV1.111Immigrant1.081Italian Job1.078Jessandra II1.067Lunchtime Legend1.081Mondo1.109People Resourcing Bluebottle1.109 IRC 3 Extended0.995Flying Colours II0.992Matangi1.011Mayfair1.04Saltash 20.938Sassy0.974Wistari0.914 ORCi 1 Black Jack1.4841ImmigrantTBAArcadia1.0575Jessandra II1.0315Lahana1.6175Lunchtime Legend1.0309Samurai Jack1.0744 ORCi 2 Extended0.9278Flying Colours II0.9387Saltash 20.8369

#98 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Handicapps are up and Yacht tracker is active

Veteran Extended0.8272Lady Katherine0.8099Lloyds Brokers Too Impetuous0.8299Marriah0.7785Matangi0.8314Midnight Oil0.9295Sassy0.8027Soothsayer0.8985Tybo0.7899UBS Wild Thing1.0985Wistari0.7617 PHRF 1 A5 - AUDI Centre Sunshine Coast1.1645Arcadia0.9504Blunderbuss0.9501Bobby's Girl1.0102Dream0.9568Euphoria0.9518Lambourdini Envy Scooters1.0102Samurai Jack0.9677Spirit of the Maid1.2001Stomp0.9985UBS Wild Thing1.0985 PHRF 2 Corum0.9314Guilty Pleasures IV0.9165Immigrant0.9475Jessandra II0.9309Mayfair0.8845Midnight Oil0.9295Mondo0.9138People Resourcing Bluebottle0.9014Ragtime0.9425Soothsayer0.8985Southern Cross Yachting0.9347Synchronicity0.9284 PHRF 3 Bad Habits0.7904Extended0.8272Flying Colours II0.8295Lady Katherine0.8099Lloyds Brokers Too Impetuous0.8299Marriah0.7785Matangi0.8314Sassy0.8027Scamp0.8141Tybo0.7899Wistari0.7617 IRC1 A5 - AUDI Centre Sunshine Coast1.281Black Jack1.586Bobby's Girl1.184Dream1.143Lahana1.683Lambourdini Envy Scooters1.183Ocean Affinity1.25Shogun V1.384Wild Thing1.805 IRC2 Arcadia1.097Blunderbuss1.085Corum1.086Euphoria1.093Guilty Pleasures IV1.111Immigrant1.081Italian Job1.078Jessandra II1.067Lunchtime Legend1.081Mondo1.109People Resourcing Bluebottle1.109 IRC 3 Extended0.995Flying Colours II0.992Matangi1.011Mayfair1.04Saltash 20.938Sassy0.974Wistari0.914 ORCi 1 Black Jack1.4841ImmigrantTBAArcadia1.0575Jessandra II1.0315Lahana1.6175Lunchtime Legend1.0309Samurai Jack1.0744 ORCi 2 Extended0.9278Flying Colours II0.9387Saltash 20.8369

How about a link. That's too hard to read.

#99 Toolbox

Toolbox

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
    Family

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

http://b2g-179331447...m/yachttracker/

Yacht tracker

http://www.brisbanet...om.au/Home.aspx

Web site with handicapps

#100 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

http://b2g-179331447...m/yachttracker/

Yacht tracker

http://www.brisbanet...om.au/Home.aspx

Web site with handicapps

Thanks for that.

Reading the SIs I note that yachts retireing must notify Charleville of retiring. I thought Charleville was only an automated station to broadcast weather, and not open for communication. Can anyone clarify that?

edit.... Have found out what the story is. How long has this been going on? I haven't needed to use a HF for a couple of years. I notice it's only VIC, SA, & NSW. Of course it will work in QLD waters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users