39 replies to this topic

#1 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Coronado Yacht Club (CYC) is welcoming both the Flying Tiger 10's and 7.5's for the 2012 Southern California Yachting Association (SCYA) Mid-Winters. This is THREE days of racing February 17-19. With flat water, no kelp and ocean breezes on the water and our welcoming and inexpensive bar on the land side, we believe we have one of the best racing venues around. Though we will have other classes participating, the Tigers will command their normal presitigious front dock berthing location at CYC. Check out the SI's and sign up online at http://race.coronadoyc.org.

Hope to see you next week.

CYCSailor

Attached File  Fun racing 1 meg.jpg   284.54K   46 downloads

#2 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

shockingly, anarchy will be there - after the bullshit protest initiated by #72 and #9, and the kangaroo court protest committee headed by the senator last year, let's hope there isn't any more of that sort of bullshit this time. i won't be so accommodating this year.

and perhaps even more shocking, snapper is sailing with us. talk about an unholy union!

#3 Snapper

Snapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

shockingly, anarchy will be there - after the bullshit protest initiated by #72 and #9, and the kangaroo court protest committee headed by the senator last year, let's hope there isn't any more of that sort of bullshit this time. i won't be so accommodating this year.

and perhaps even more shocking, snapper is sailing with us. talk about an unholy union!

Looking forward to a fun weekend! I don't anticipate any issues on the water with anyone. Post race bar karate at CYC will ensue, I'm sure.

-Snap

#4 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

Looking forward to a fun weekend! I don't anticipate any issues on the water with anyone. Post race bar karate at CYC will ensue, I'm sure.

-Snap

HOLY SHIT = Epic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

The guys still campaign Elusive ? They were a lot fo fun to sail with.

#6 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

The guys still campaign Elusive ? They were a lot fo fun to sail with.

I hear Elusive will might do Newport-Ensenada, but it won't be out this weekend.

CYCSailor

REVISION ONE: Saturday and Sunday Sailing only!

Coronado Yacht Club (CYC) is welcoming both the Flying Tiger 10's and 7.5's for the 2012 Southern California Yachting Association (SCYA) Mid-Winters. This is THREE days of racing February 17-19. With flat water, no kelp and ocean breezes on the water and our welcoming and inexpensive bar on the land side, we believe we have one of the best racing venues around. Though we will have other classes participating, the Tigers will command their normal presitigious front dock berthing location at CYC. Check out the SI's and sign up online at http://race.coronadoyc.org.

Hope to see you next week.

CYCSailor

Attached File  Fun racing 1 meg.jpg   284.54K   46 downloads

#7 Snapper

Snapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Well, that was fun. Thanks CYC!

#8 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

It was a Cold day in HELL

But this is NOT Hell it's DAGO

What a great weekend of racing in SoBay

Plenty of Wind and Sunshine = Winter around these parts

Unlike the Restless Ranting Roos that are getting under the fur of DAWG

West Coast SAilors are content to enjoy sailing with each other rather than taking the piss out of others on the interweb

Like these two random sailors about to take 4 bullets out of 5 races for 1st place in the CYC Midwinters

Posted Image

#9 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

wow - that was good, certainly for anarchy, and getting the chance to sail with snap was fucking awesome. such a good sailor and, as evidenced by the photo, a total bro and we sailed together really well. when it all comes together for us like it did this weekend, there is nothing like it. big shout out to cyc for doing an exceptional job hosting.

#10 Damaged Goods

Damaged Goods

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Community organizing.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

Somebody get Ed a bottle of chill-pills

#11 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

??????????

Posted Image

#12 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Best keep the family jewels well protected if you go over there.

#13 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

SAT PHOTOS POSTED

BRB with SUN Pix

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

besides crushing 'em on the water - this is what made it the best - my 12 year old hanging out the back and yelling starboard to port tackers whenever he saw them. dare i say, fucking cute!

Attached Files

#15 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

SUNdayz Photos Posted Posted Image

More parking than the OZ Etichells Words

Les wankers wanking than the OZ Etichells Words

Better weather than the Eitchells Words

& California Babes Posted Image Posted Image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

that's my girlfriend eva jumpiing spin hal and the lovely and talented brigite doing bow on the world-famous anarchy. i believe they will be this week's scotws!

#17 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

& California Babes Posted Image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

that's my girlfriend eva jumpiing spin hal and the lovely and talented brigite doing bow on the world-famous anarchy. i believe they will be this week's scotws!

Yo Ed

you gonna have to talk to that crew member (stage left) checking out yer "Personal Stash" looks like they'er about to make a move Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

that's my 13 yr-old son and i can't say i blame him! and would his mother be pissed - haha!!

#19 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Congratulations Anarchy! The Ed and Snapper are a formidable team. I'm sure the rest of the fleet will be glad that Snap will be sailing Vipers at the SD NOOD. Anarchy is tough enough already.

We look forward to seeing the Tiger fleet back at CorYC in a month.

CYCSailor

#20 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

Congratulations Anarchy! The Ed and Snapper are a formidable team. I'm sure the rest of the fleet will be glad that Snap will be sailing Vipers at the SD NOOD. Anarchy is tough enough already.

We look forward to seeing the Tiger fleet back at CorYC in a month.

CYCSailor

I called the club today and asked for the person who does your marketing / promotions

i got a very Matter Of Factly turse response of "We don't do any of that" AND ....................................

I cut the lecture short by saying "Thank You"

When a club has but 1 of 5 scheduled fleets even show-up for a regatta - The Club is Defiantly NOT marketing & promoting their events

Hat's Off to those putting in the efforts to run the racing for those who showed

Apologies to those who had to endure all the miscreants preventing a proper atmosphere for cribbage

I will however leave the plug for CYC in with my photos to encourage more participants to show up for future "Flying Tiger" events (be they @ CYC or not)

#21 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

eva is one hell of a sailor and imo, one hell of a babe. but then again, i'm fairly biased...

#22 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

any damage to occam is self-inflicted. what a nitemare. where did they run aground?

#23 Jetsam

Jetsam

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

was told OR ran aground at the shoal off NAB. where that cruiser was aground after our race on sunday. But I dont know for sure. someone passed word to us about it, but didn't see it first hand. i mean... its not like there were signs or anything of the sort warning it was shallow... but we've seen this happen before on a tiger........:P

I think it was MHK that got stuck in there for hours either last year or the year before on the Friday before racing.

#24 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

11 smacked a rock on the Hot Rum at the end of 2011. Not sure how close 11 was to the signs warning submerged jetti..... but they were right there along that dock.... but shit happens

.....right?:lol: :P

Ed is gonna be so pissed when he reads this

I think he's OK with it - after reporting it himself

........... what ??????????????????????????

#25 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

yeah, i did it and happy to own it. well, not happy but ya can't hide that sort of fuck up!

#26 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

yeah, i did it and happy to own it. well, not happy but ya can't hide that sort of fuck up!

looks like that new wing-keel was worth every penny Posted Image

#27 PHM

PHM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Congrats Scot, Snap and crew! It was great to have Anarchy out there and awsome to see friends and family aboard. Good sailing, friends and family...that's what life is about, right? The rest of us are going to have to keep reminding Snap how much fun his Viper is! Or, better yet, figure out how to get DWS to SoCal. The fleet gets better every year, and going up against great sailors improves all of us.

#28 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

a slight - okay, major - correction in my approach has made it fun again. having my kids onboard saturday was really great. and of course my scotw girlfriend eva, snap, sean, ralph, brigite, and kenny just make it so good. paul has the right approach to it, i wish a few others got it like he does. and i appreciate nobody protesting my 12 year-old son's enthusiastic interpretation of hiking in the back of the bus. i reckon aaron on #72 would have protested, but i don't think he was ever close enough to see....

Attached Files

#29 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

it was so awesome having them out with us, really, really made me happy and they totally dug it. they haven't sailed in anything like that and my oldest, trace, said "wow dad that was way intense." word, son. and pretty sure troy's 68 pounds didn't push us over the limit!

#30 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

pretty sure we won't be there for the noods. hate sailing world, don't want to be forced to join us sailing and therefore just not much interested.

#31 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

well it always has been, don't know if they changed it. yeah, think we might do yachting cup. that is, if i can talk snap into coming along - ha!

#32 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

pretty sure we won't be there for the noods. hate sailing world, don't want to be forced to join us sailing and therefore just not much interested.

Yo Ed

You got a 1st overall in the DAGO-NOOD not all that long ago

and you now have a Crazed Rolly-Polly and an X wanting all your money

Life is Too Fucking Short and "You Never Know" what will have been your last chance

I say Blow a little Doe and go have allot of Fun

Nothing Pisses-Off more people than the sight of someone enjoying life to its fullest Posted Image

#33 Jetsam

Jetsam

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

oh didn't know noods was a US sailing associated regatta. Yachting cup is next after noods right?

its still sailing world's thing

#34 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

they can fuck themselves. just sayin'....

#35 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

How do you blow a doe?

#36 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, leaving the boat on the trailer will sure show THEM !

( I just got dragooned into re-upping with US ailing last week and while I hardly feel "it's a great value" just can't get very worked up over it.)

Once we were at an out-of-town regatta and my partner went a littel ballistic about the proposed class breaks and in a bit of a tantrum says "we won't sail then" -- at the skipper's meeting. A few of the event's principals turn to me with eyebrows raised..."Balls to that, we're SAILING - put us in whatever class you want, I'm here to sail not argue." They put us in the correct section afterall - some things just aren't worth getting cranked up over.

At some point all those chips on my shoulder were making my back hurt.

#37 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

How do you blow a doe?

You would probably have to shoot it first. I dont see it holding still long enough alive. Skittish creatures, does. In any case I think it's illegal to shoot a doe so, I doubt anarchy will be sailing.

reminds me of that teacher who said

I'll bet you can't "Blow a Seal" in a Space shuttle Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#38 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ed if they bring there show to town and you sit out a chance to mix it up with the other Tigers "They (SW)Win"

If they bring their show to your home waters and you Kick Ass and win their event ....................................... "So Much Better"

let me get som Pix of you receiving their 1st Place Prize at the presentation

you can rub it in for the following year

Get out there and do it "Life is Too short to pass up chances to Play Posted Image

#39 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

That's what I'm sayin' - oh Lord, I'm siding with DA WOOKY ! next thing you know I'll buy a harley and some chaps.

But seriously, if'n you disdain the folks from SW so much then make a point of sailing, kick ass and take away their coveted trophy, then hang it in your club's mensroom... while sending a streetperson to the tent party with your event-pass, like HST woulda done... Full Gonzo. Never explain, never apologize. Send Clean to COVER The Story. Rent an Impala convertible, fill the trunk, find a Samoan attorney...

#40 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ed:

Sailing out of Coronado Yacht Club, you won't even know it's the NOOD. It will actually get you away from SDYC and all the Sailing World hype that weekend. Drinking our cheap Cuba's at the CYC bar instead of at SDYC, you'll actually have more money in the bank after the weekend. Oh, by the way, you can support CYC the way we support you.

Remember, we need the "edge" down here. It won't be the same without 11.

CYCSailor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users