Shit Bowguys say

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
294 replies to this topic

#201 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

Let me fix that last frame for ya wesley....
Posted Image

#202 tiptonav

tiptonav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

Let me fix that last frame for ya wesley....
Posted Image

Last I heard he managed not to puke...once...

#203 tiptonav

tiptonav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Driver: "Clear to tack?!"

Bow: "Couldn't hit him if you tried!"

Bow: "Never mind!"

#204 Stubby

Stubby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Got a good idea? Stick it in the suggestion box attached to the mast.

This one needs to be incorporated into the Sailing Anarchy foredeck union t-shirt.

#205 DryArmour

DryArmour

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Got a good idea? Stick it in the suggestion box attached to the mast.

This one needs to be incorporated into the Sailing Anarchy foredeck union t-shirt.

Working on Foredeck Union Shirt Part Deux. Out this summer :-)

#206 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Our bowman to another boat during a windward mark rounding:

"You don't have enough guys on your boat to be saying that...!"

Our main trimmer then held up a winch handle.....

And what boat on Lake Musketucky was he saying that too? Posted Image

I believe we were in Chicago.. from what I can remember of that regatta anyway. It's all a bit fuzzy!

#207 TracyO

TracyO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

"It's f**king raining spin poles up here!"
John Moore, KW race week after coming-to with a bleeding lump on his head.

#208 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

"five minute rule!"

An important guide for distance racing.

Fantasyland thinks we made it up because we're lazy.

Overruled by approaching squalls, 60 knot gusts travel at 60 knots.

Bow knows whats up, the next change is on deck ready for WHAT EVER, Mast knows , and pits ready, Bows ready. Hes just watching the show to weather to see whats REALLY coming. An finishing putting on his gear.
BOW "You ready back there "

#209 JL92S

JL92S

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

"It's f**king raining spin poles up here!"
John Moore, KW race week after coming-to with a bleeding lump on his head.

brilliant

#210 JL92S

JL92S

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Attached File  bowman.jpg   47.44KB   1023 downloads
Attached File  bowman2.jpg   38.68KB   1030 downloads

#211 Hullflyer16

Hullflyer16

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

Main trimmers are the devil

i resemble that statement

#212 DogWillBark

DogWillBark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

1329391628[/url]' post='3588258']

1329015610[/url]' post='3582854']
Main trimmers are the devil

i resemble that statement

Need to change your name to Max Hike

#213 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

"If you were a fly on the wall, it'd make you want to pull your own wings off."

#214 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

"five minute rule!"

An important guide for distance racing.

Fantasyland thinks we made it up because we're lazy.

Overruled by approaching squalls, 60 knot gusts travel at 60 knots.

Bow knows whats up, the next change is on deck ready for WHAT EVER, Mast knows , and pits ready, Bows ready. Hes just watching the show to weather to see whats REALLY coming. An finishing putting on his gear.
BOW "You ready back there "

That's what I'm talkin" about.

#215 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

This thread sucks.

#216 Sailor Dan

Sailor Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

What part of really big fucking knock did you not understand?

#217 juniordave nz

juniordave nz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Attached File  bowman.jpg   47.44KB   1023 downloads
Attached File  bowman2.jpg   38.68KB   1030 downloads

Awesome

#218 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hilarious shtuff here!!!
Thanks every one.
:D

PS there are bow girls here too, ahem!

And fine to oggle at too! Way to throw the timing of the rest of the bowguys off because we're too busy looking at you Posted Image

There are lots of bow chicks around these days and some bloody good ones too. Back in the day however, they were a rare but welcome sight.
Many years ago here in Melbourne a young bow chick took unfair advantage of that and caused chaos at a busy (RMYS) gybe mark by simply lifting up her t-shirt to reveal her hooters mid-gybe. This of course immediately attracted the attention and destroyed the concentration of every other bowman nearby.The ensuing carnage was a sight to behold and so was she! Her skipper still talks about it and still claims there was nothing in the rule book against it. He reckons she was the only bow person he ever sailed with who did as they were asked but sadly, she only performed that stategically effective 'Gybe-Peel' once. All names have been ommitted to protect the guilty.

#219 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hilarious shtuff here!!!
Thanks every one.

And fine to oggle at too! Way to throw the timing of the rest of the bowguys off because we're too busy looking at you Posted Image

There are lots of bow chicks around these days and some bloody good ones too. Back in the day however, they were a rare but welcome sight.
Many years ago here in Melbourne a young bow chick took unfair advantage of that and caused chaos at a busy (RMYS) gybe mark by simply lifting up her t-shirt to reveal her hooters mid-gybe. This of course immediately attracted the attention and destroyed the concentration of every other bowman nearby.The ensuing carnage was a sight to behold and so was she! Her skipper still talks about it and still claims there was nothing in the rule book against it. He reckons she was the only bow person he ever sailed with who did as they were asked but sadly, she only performed that stategically effective 'Gybe-Peel' once. All names have been ommitted to protect the guilty.

Used that tactic before. Might have avoided an OCS that way. Nobody on the RC boat noticed any boats that might have been OCS because our headsail trimmer was topless and furiously winding on the sheet. Even I was distracted. Big girl too.

#220 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hilarious shtuff here!!!
Thanks every one.

Used that tactic before. Might have avoided an OCS that way. Nobody on the RC boat noticed any boats that might have been OCS because our headsail trimmer was topless and furiously winding on the sheet. Even I was distracted. Big girl too.

You must be cool.

#221 OulaMan

OulaMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

I heard a story about a skiff team that sailed topless. Needless to say they did very well.

#222 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

I heard a story about a skiff team that sailed topless. Needless to say they did very well.

I once lost a rudder in Ecuador.

#223 Scotch Whiskey

Scotch Whiskey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

I once lost a rudder in Ecuador.

You must be cool.

#224 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hilarious shtuff here!!!
Thanks every one.

There was a Whidbey Island Race Week in the mid 1990s which also was the Olson 30 Nats... I was on my boat but watching from just outside the pin end since I had a bunch of folks I had sailed with in the fleet.

Its kinda light with pin end favoured so a cluster starts there and with about 10 seconds to go the bow chick on a boat that was clearly over early, just took off her top. I watched the line of other bowmen, who had been busy counting off the BLs to the line, just go silent.... BEEEP BEEEP... BEEEP - there were only 3 boats I think that weren't over early and they were 2nd row starters...

#225 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Hilarious shtuff here!!!
Thanks every one.

There was a Whidbey Island Race Week in the mid 1990s which also was the Olson 30 Nats... I was on my boat but watching from just outside the pin end since I had a bunch of folks I had sailed with in the fleet.

Its kinda light with pin end favoured so a cluster starts there and with about 10 seconds to go the bow chick on a boat that was clearly over early, just took off her top. I watched the line of other bowmen, who had been busy counting off the BLs to the line, just go silent.... BEEEP BEEEP... BEEEP - there were only 3 boats I think that weren't over early and they were 2nd row starters...

Anyone called OCS?

Doesn't work if the line caller is a woman, or the commodore's wife.

But then again - it might, depending on which way she leans.

#226 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,484 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hilarious shtuff here!!!
Thanks every one.

I tried a guy version of that by dropping trow at a start. It certainly distracted the other bowmen, but dragging that monster through the water slowed us down big time. I've still got a scar on my unit from the kelp cutter, and a nick on my ball sack from the folding prop.

#227 ocs

ocs

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

Clarification?
is it the shit bowmen say or the stuff that bowmen who are shit say?
Actually most fit into both demographics!

#228 Scotch Whiskey

Scotch Whiskey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Clarification?

Credit where credit is due. There has to be something said for strategically positioning all of that hot air directly below the chute.

#229 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,484 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Clarification?

Another pin-prick tactician jumps in. If you have a PayPal account, you can buy a sense of humor here -- 100% Organic Relaxation Supplements from Canada - Free Shipping

#230 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

Clarification?

Another pin-prick tactician jumps in. If you have a PayPal account, you can buy a sense of humor here -- 100% Organic Relaxation Supplements from Canada - Free Shipping

He will bill the owner.

#231 lacrosse9225

lacrosse9225

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

I got the pointy end covered. You just point it in the right direction and make it go fast!

+1

#232 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,484 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Clarification?

He will bill the owner.

And the owner's name being "Bill" is relevant, how?

#233 RustyPipes

RustyPipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

You think it is funny to be hit in the head with the pole? Fuck you! I quit. You do the fucking bow! ...... (Bowman proceeds to sit on the bow in the middle of the race and light up a cigarette)

"Great fucking idea. I never thought to take down the kite at the leeward mark. Maybe if you released the fucking halyard we could get it put the fuck away"

#234 European Bloke

European Bloke

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

If Id got an extra pint every time some cunt sat on something or trod on something that I needed to shift Id have had a liver transplant by now. So perhaps they really were trying to help.

#235 Jem

Jem

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

The fucking fucker's fucked...

#236 4deckgye

4deckgye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

The fucking fucker's fucked...

Haha, been here once or twice. We call all of our unwanted knots that end up in lazy sheets "assholes". Assholes stuck in the spin halyard on a douse, in the lazy jib sheet on a tack, ect. Anywhere that a line is supposed to run freely, but is hindered by an accidental knot. And they are always caused by someone aft of the mast by not sorting the sheets before a maneuver.

Bow: Jesus aged Ch*&^, I musy be sailing on Spaceball 1"

Mast: "Ummmmm???? Spaceball 1?????"

Bow: "Yea, Spaceball 1. I'm surrounded by assholes"

Mast: "You talking about knots or people in the back of the boat?"

Bow: "I'll give you two guesses, both are right."

#237 Kack

Kack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Bwahaha.
"We've gone to plaid!!!"

#238 jewing

jewing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Does anyone here think all these topless bowgirl stories are simply fantasy? I think we need some visual proof - after all, it's Friday.

#239 Sharkie

Sharkie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Does anyone here think all these topless bowgirl stories are simply fantasy? I think we need some visual proof - after all, it's Friday.

I note that there is one topless story for every "I got hit in the head" story

#240 OulaMan

OulaMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

I bet she could jybe the shit out of a pole.
http://www.sailingan...bow goddess.jpg

#241 jewing

jewing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

http://www.sailingan...w%20goddess.jpg

Golf clap.

#242 4deckgye

4deckgye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Bwahaha.
"We've gone to plaid!!!"

Those bowgirls who pop their tops off....

They give great helmet

#243 DogBalls

DogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Bwahaha.
"We've gone to plaid!!!"

They give great helmet

"funny, she doesn't look drewish......."

#244 Honey_Badger

Honey_Badger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Bwahaha.
"We've gone to plaid!!!"

They give great helmet

"funny, she doesn't look drewish......."

It's the Shit Bowguys say thread, sir. It's gone from suck to blow.

#245 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

And then North shows up with this shit --

Posted Image

Hey there, Dr. Doolittle. Push me - fuck you.

edit - In Sri Lanka, "tack" translates to "fuck the bowman".

This pic is the only thing on this thread that doesn't completely suck.

#246 HFC Hunter

HFC Hunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

After a millionaire's drop:
To the crew: Do those thing biodegrade?
To that Following yacht: can we at least get the lines back once you untangle it from your keel? They were new!
To the owner: that a3 was getting a bit tired anyway. How much are those thing worth these days?
To his daughter: your old man's a bit bitchy tonight coz he fucked up a rounding and lost the kite. Don't worry you can crash at my place. He said it was fine so you won't even have to call him.

#247 stickboy

stickboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

Bet she could grind a winch with no hands...

#248 HFC Hunter

HFC Hunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

Afterguard on my boat 6mins before the start of the fastnet: why are they all looking at their rig on that IRC42?
Me (from the bow): coz I just slingshot a splitpin against their mainsail. It landed in their cockpit and they now have to decide where it came from and if 608miles with a suspect rig is going to be fun.
Midbow: he's fucked in the head. I'm not sharing a watch with him.
Me: no worries. But this way you'll be asleep when I'm not...

#249 HFC Hunter

HFC Hunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

Bet she could grind a winch with no hands...

That's how the whole crew looks to me after about the third watch.

#250 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,484 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

Posted Image

Hey there, Dr. Doolittle. Push me - fuck you.

edit - In Sri Lanka, "tack" translates to "fuck the bowman".

This pic is the only thing on this thread that doesn't completely suck.

Don't count your chickens. I think Wes was here a while ago.

#251 515

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Bowman to the back of the boat after messed up hoist and lots of advice from those watching,

"HEY, there's to be only one guy yelling back there, and that's the skipper, just one guy!!"

My bowman's the best, you rock Chris.

#252 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,484 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Bowman to the back of the boat after messed up hoist and lots of advice from those watching,

"HEY, there's to be only one guy yelling back there, and that's the skipper, just one guy!!"

My bowman's the best, you rock Chris.

"If you spent as much time concentrating on your job as you do on my goddamned job, we might actually climb out of this shit and finish mid fleet" - Paraphrase from bowman in the late 80's Gouv cup.

#253 Indispensablecrew

Indispensablecrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

1329278212[/url]' post='3586518']
Best Best:
Me (laying on the foredeck looking up):
"Hank, the next lift will be coming from the right because the upper layer of clouds is crossing from right to left over the top of this lower layer of cl-"

Girl crew I met yesterday and married 3 months later:
"Look at the big brain on You!"

but were you right? I'd have thought the lower clouds might give you a better idea than the higher clouds......

We were going upwind- Lower clouds were about 25 degrees off the nose.

#254 onedesignracing

onedesignracing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

"You're early, bow down please....... you're early, room under, bow down, slow down! BOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN! ... GODDAMIT, NOW WE HAVE TO FUCKING START TWICE!!! WHO IS FUCKING THIS CHICKEN?!?!?"

#255 oudatsea

oudatsea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

The biggest problem is no one want to blow the guy.

#256 angles

angles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

The one I hear most is 'MADE... oh wait... shit shit shit!'

[/quote]

+1

#257 angles

angles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

More fucking brace!

(to go with the ten meters they already have)

#258 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Newbie owner's 10 year old uncompetitive grand prix boat purchase.. $200k

Owner's in house accountant and lawyer trimming; salaries .. $200k

View of their faces from the bow in a chinese gybe/broach.. PRICELESS.

:huh: Dorag... huh...what is a chinese gybe? sounds like fourinoor talk.

#259 angles

angles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Can I have a drive?

#260 TPG

TPG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

C'mon it makes total sense.

#261 mh111

mh111

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

hey : maybe us guys from the blunt end of the boat should hijack this thread with shit you WON'T hear a bowman say ?

i'll start

"Hey, let me pay for this round"

:lol:

cheers,

#262 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

hey : maybe us guys from the blunt end of the boat should hijack this thread with shit you WON'T hear a bowman say ?

i'll start

cheers,

I buy rounds for the whole crew, even the guys from the "fat" end.

#263 Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image
SHC

#264 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

"You're early, bow down please....... you're early, room under, bow down, slow down! BOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN! ... GODDAMIT, NOW WE HAVE TO FUCKING START TWICE!!! WHO IS FUCKING THIS CHICKEN?!?!?"

Or, alternatively; YOU'RE LATE, HEAD UP, NOW, UP, GET UP, UP, UP, UP. GET UP YOU PUSSY.

FRACK, WHY ARE THEY CALLING US OVER? WE WEREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE LINE.....

#265 lahtris

lahtris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

"it's a long, hard, wet job." -said by the pbo in the bar

#266 CowboyKell

CowboyKell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

i'll start

cheers,

Then you are DEFINATELY not a proper bowman.

#267 Ozee Adventure

Ozee Adventure

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

i'll start

cheers,

"You don't need to check the kites, I got down here early this morning and did it."

"Looks like some wind up ahead can I pass up your wet weather gear"

"I brought a new sheet to replace the one I lost under the boat yesterday"

"I agree totally with the call" (when racing offshore)

#268 Spar Wars

Spar Wars

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

I'll put it up; but you have to take it down.

#269 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

i'll start

cheers,

Race with some Aussies. You will buy some rounds.

#270 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Opps!

Hey, where are the spare winch handles?

#271 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,821 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Why does the bag say 3A and the Tack say 2A?

Why does the bag say 2005 and the sail looks like it was just unrolled from a loft pack?

#272 Mexican

Mexican

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'll put it up; but you have to take it down.

"I put 'em up. Let God take 'em down"

#273 view at the front

view at the front

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

If they don't drop the pole on my head, or plant it under my chin, I'll buy them drinks.

#274 CowboyKell

CowboyKell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

i'll start

cheers,

Race with some Aussies. You will buy some rounds.

I race with Aussies all the time, they buy or go thirsty, it's in my contract.....Hell, it's union rules!

#275 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Bump.

HW

#276 Spar Wars

Spar Wars

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Bowguys Syndrome: "I said TRIM!"

Attached Files

• Attached File  trim.bmp   798.8KB   209 downloads

#277 fatdaddy

fatdaddy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

If they don't drop the pole on my head, or plant it under my chin, I'll buy them drinks.

I heard something similar many times from my 67 year old father as he would get ready to set
the kite.

I in the middle would say 5 bucks it miss by a sort hair!

I also love it when a owner puts a new guy on the mast and say what ever you dont let em
hit him in the head with the pole! that make it into a game of how close can you get the pole
with a near miss!

FD

#278 RParentsail

RParentsail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

"Cleat the halyard!"

"I told you there was a boat there..."

#279 view at the front

view at the front

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

I heard something similar many times from my 67 year old father as he would get ready to set
the kite.

I in the middle would say 5 bucks it miss by a sort hair!

I also love it when a owner puts a new guy on the mast and say what ever you dont let em
hit him in the head with the pole! that make it into a game of how close can you get the pole
with a near miss!

FD

Due to increased age and poundage, I've moved to the mast unless brilliance or body mass is required.

Training the new bow guys/gals I tell them to keep their head behind the forestay... those mates back there will try to hurt you, although I monitor/provide lift on the topping lift... just pull in the slack back there... now!

#280 CrushDigital

CrushDigital

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

"Ouch"

#281 the paradox of thrift

the paradox of thrift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Posted Image

C'mon it makes total sense.

That's so funny - we've got one from that batch too.

#282 sockeye

sockeye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

To the driver: You have the only job on the boat that can be replaced by a machine.

frankly, I'm a terrible driver, I don't understand anything about main trim except keep the upper batten parallel to the boom, Ok but it is curved, what about that? I don't have a long enough attention span to trim the jib spin. I'm strong, have a hard head and can tie knots in anything. Bow is the only thing left. Or tactician.

#283 Hike, Bitches!

Hike, Bitches!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

SparWars...great pic, but BMP's suck. :rolleyes:

#284 afterguy

afterguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

I don't understand anything about main trim except keep the upper batten parallel to the boom

Umm, yeah except that's usually the wrong thing to do ;). Those cute little ribbons are on the trailing edge of the sail for a reason. Remember that whole wind shear and twist business?

Anyway, back to shit bowguys say "How many guys does a guy have to blow to get a beer around here?"

#285 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I don't understand anything about main trim except keep the upper batten parallel to the boom

Umm, yeah except that's usually the wrong thing to do ;). Those cute little ribbons are on the trailing edge of the sail for a reason. Remember that whole wind shear and twist business?

Anyway, back to shit bowguys say "How many guys does a guy have to blow to get a beer around here?"

One more than dorag or youall miss out.

Thanks for the lessons dorag random shit slinging is fun.

#286 OulaMan

OulaMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

I got it, I got it, I got it.... SHIT

#287 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

Wrong track...fuck

#288 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

"Are we there yet?"

#289 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

"Ease the haly-hurblegurblegurblegurble-ard!!!

Not that one, the other one!

hurblegurblegurblegurblegurble"

Headsail peel in big waves...

HW

#290 Sharpend

Sharpend

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

"Sorry"

"My mistake"

"No problem, I'll get it."

Oops, you wanted things bowmen did say.

#291 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Lets have a conversation before you adjust my pole angle again.

#292 phillysailor

phillysailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

"I was just gettin' a drink." Winston K****** early'90s Gouv Cup after an o-dark-thirty unintentional gybe & gybe back once we pulled him back aboard.

It was closely followed by "blow the guy!" Nothing happens. And then, "ummm... which one is the guy?"

We were slightly disoriented  :blink:

#293 Sheep of the Bow

Sheep of the Bow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Kite half made, bow to pit "get the fucking pole out!"

Pit "It is out!"

Bow "No it fucking well isn't you idiot"

Pit "For fuck's sake, it fucki..."

Pit "...wait..."

Pit "Fuck!"

#294 Sheep of the Bow

Sheep of the Bow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

"I definitely didn't clip the takedown line through the trigger on the tack."

Once tack, takedown line, kite, sheets and halyard have been recovered...

"Ahh..."

#295 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Pretty much covered it, I thought.

"Why don't you fat fucks back there hike for a bit?"