• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 whale rider

whale rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

The Patos Island race is fast approching.....Who's in this year. What will we expect this time around?

#2 Gallagher

Gallagher

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

My wife is due with our first baby the day before the race, so I won't know until the morning of the race....;)

As for expectations, I would definitely expect that there will be chili after the race in the SNSYC clubhouse...

What boat are you on?

#3 Mistaken

Mistaken

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

It would be helpful if they published a list of registered boats -- just in case anyone is listening! Looks like a fun race and one that we are planning to do this year!

#4 whale rider

whale rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Let's hope someone from SNSYC is watching & post's the boats entered. This is a great race.

#5 Fiasco 1

Fiasco 1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Racing my Ross 930 (Interim)

Anarchy is not about a lack of rules.

Its about decreasing the rulers.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

My registration is in Fiasco will be doing long course.

#6 RavenNW

RavenNW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Raven is is in, I believe Red Heather is coming from Squamish and rumours of Dominatrix (ex Carenne).
One of our favorite events.

#7 BowBling

BowBling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

The ross 930 Emma will be there

#8 The Dude

The Dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Having grown up in Sidney, I have sailed this race many times, however it's been a while since I have sailed a current one. It's strange that there aren't a lot more boats for this event, great tune up for Straits, fun course potential for bigger breezes. I remember the first years this was run. Great sailing. One year a pair of C&C 38's ( Pacific Gold & Windlass II) match raced around the course changing leads every couple of miles, we finally edged out Windlass by about 30 seconds at the finish around Midnight. We must have done about 50 tacks in 20kt's of breeze between Canoe Rock & Dock Island. Ron Wickstrom & the gang, keeping the pressure on us. Good Times........I hope to return soon....Anymore stories? There must be?

#9 BR_Sailor

BR_Sailor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

SNSYC does provide food and drink. If it's a wind event and boats finish early, it can be quite a party! We track the racers on the big screen TV using RVYC's Spot GPS units and race tracker software. I'll ask about a list of registered boats.

My wife is due with our first baby the day before the race, so I won't know until the morning of the race....;)

As for expectations, I would definitely expect that there will be chili after the race in the SNSYC clubhouse...

What boat are you on?

#10 The Dude

The Dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

SNSYC does provide food and drink. If it's a wind event and boats finish early, it can be quite a party! We track the racers on the big screen TV using RVYC's Spot GPS units and race tracker software. I'll ask about a list of registered boats.

What boat are you on?

List of entrants would help. There are a lot of Vancouver boats who are "Sitting on the fence" on this. A list would make their decision a lot easier, competition wise

#11 Shoestring

Shoestring

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

I don't have the list, but am aware of the following boats registered by the end of February:
Perry 66, CM1200, Flying Tiger 10, Ross 930, Santana 35, Bristol 41, Contest 40, Olson 30, J-30, J-29, C&C 35, C&C 34, C&C 27, C&C 25, Hunter 31, Express 27, Sun 27.

#12 Shoestring

Shoestring

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

I don't have the list, but am aware of the following boats registered by the end of February:
Perry 66, CM1200, Flying Tiger 10, Ross 930, Santana 35, Bristol 41, Contest 40, Olson 30, J-30, J-29, C&C 35, C&C 34, C&C 27, C&C 25, Hunter 31, Express 27, Sun 27.

... also the following: Aerodyne 38, Henderson 30, Bavaria 39, Aphrodite 101, Concept 40, Catalina 42, Quest 30, Capo 26, Spencer 53, C&C 24.

#13 Shoestring

Shoestring

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

List of competitors to date is now on the SNSYC web site http://www.snsyc.ca/...e_calendar.aspx

#14 The Dude

The Dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

http://patos.swiftsure.org/

Here's this years tracker......Good luck all

#15 Mistaken

Mistaken

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

From the tracker it looks like there was a "park up" coming back down Boundary with Emma sneaking away along the Canadian shore -- any on-the-water reports?

#16 BowBling

BowBling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

We weren't doing very well on the Emma until the decision to take patos to port which luckily led us the the less current and more wind on the saturna side. Sailed around the boats stuck in the middle fighting the tide. We jumped into a light northerly that we sailed to the finish. Ended up with line honours and a corrected time win. A pretty good day on the water.

#17 SSM

SSM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

How many boats actually went to port? We (Natural High) went to starboard but high tailed it back to the Canadian side as fast as possible narrowly avoiding the parking lot (we were close enough to smell Raven's lamb stew).

I hope they have a doublehanded class next year. We had a blast sailing two up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users