#1 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Santorum spouts off

I don't want to intrude in US political discussion, certainly not primaries, but if some mentally challenged piece of baboon excrement starts spreading lies about my country I can't hold my tongue. For God's sake, this man is trying to get nominated as a candidate for the presidential elections and he can't even get his facts straight!? More importantly he's not even interested in discussing the facts, he rather makes some dumb shit up to push his agenda. For the sake of the USA, and the world in general, please don't let this idiot get past the primaries!

Fact is, euthanasia is allowed in this country under stringent rules and a set protocol has to be followed meticulously, if a doctor does not follow them to the letter he will be subject to a criminal investigation, and may well stand trial. The result of this is that people that want to end their life with the assistance of a physician, have a lot of work to do for their wish to be granted, their doctor has every right to refuse cooperation either for medical reasons as well as on ,personal, ethical grounds and it frequently happens that a doctor does so. Even if a doctor consents in the wish of his patient he has to consult a colleague who has to consider the case and has to agree that euthanasia is a well considered course of action. There is no concerted effort in this country to dispose of our sick and elderly by killing them as soon as they set foot in a hospital,on the contrary even, and I resent strongly that a foreign politician dares to suggest otherwise.

#2 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Santorum spouts off

I don't want to intrude in US political discussion, certainly not primaries, but if some mentally challenged piece of baboon excrement starts spreading lies about my country I can't hold my tongue. For God's sake, this man is trying to get nominated as a candidate for the presidential elections and he can't even get his facts straight!? More importantly he's not even interested in discussing the facts, he rather makes some dumb shit up to push his agenda. For the sake of the USA, and the world in general, please don't let this idiot get past the primaries!

Fact is, euthanasia is allowed in this country under stringent rules and a set protocol has to be followed meticulously, if a doctor does not follow them to the letter he will be subject to a criminal investigation, and may well stand trial. The result of this is that people that want to end their life with the assistance of a physician, have a lot of work to do for their wish to be granted, their doctor has every right to refuse cooperation either for medical reasons as well as on ,personal, ethical grounds and it frequently happens that a doctor is does so. Even if a doctor consents in the wish of his patient he has to consult a colleague who has to consider the case and has to agree that euthanasia is a well considered course of action. There is no concerted effort in this country to dispose of our sick and elderly by killing them as soon as they set foot in a hospital,on the contrary even, and I resent strongly that a foreign politician dares to suggest otherwise.

Welcome to the wild wild world of US Politiking...
Reality has little to do with what comes out of Santorum's noise box.

#3 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,715 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Santorum, Gingrich and Romney are pandering to the far right religous wingnuts in the middle of the country and south in a desperate attempt to beat one another for a chance to unseat Obama, and wield THE POWER. They will say ANYTHING they think someone wants to hear to get their vote. Paul is the only one who has any scruples as to following what he truly beleives, and unfortunately that used to be racism. Otherwise, I like Ron Paul a lot, and could vote for him if the alternative was any of the other three....

#4 Gone Drinking

Gone Drinking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

So with that thought would say Obama is pandering to the left???? He will say what he wants his listeners to hear to get reelected

#5 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,881 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Fact is, euthanasia is allowed in this country under stringent rules and a set protocol has to be followed meticulously, if a doctor does not follow them to the letter he will be subject to a criminal investigation, and may well stand trial. The result of this is that people that want to end their life with the assistance of a physician, have a lot of work to do for their wish to be granted, their doctor has every right to refuse cooperation either for medical reasons as well as on ,personal, ethical grounds and it frequently happens that a doctor does so. Even if a doctor consents in the wish of his patient he has to consult a colleague who has to consider the case and has to agree that euthanasia is a well considered course of action. There is no concerted effort in this country to dispose of our sick and elderly by killing them as soon as they set foot in a hospital,on the contrary even, and I resent strongly that a foreign politician dares to suggest otherwise.

All of which runs completely against the morals of an awful lot of people - about a billion. So? Take offense - 1/6 of the world's population agrees that euthanasia is morally abhorrent.

Where's Emily Litella...

#6 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

All of which runs completely against the morals of an awful lot of people - about a billion. So? Take offense - 1/6 of the world's population agrees that euthanasia is morally abhorrent.

Where's Emily Litella...

No problem with opposing opinions, just with a lazy uninformed idiot telling lies. Not trying to force regulated euthanasia upon on the US, not even on those of my countrymen who think it's wrong. Life and death choices are too personal to let one person impose his ideas on another.

#7 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,881 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

No problem with opposing opinions, just with a lazy uninformed idiot telling lies. Not trying to force regulated euthanaisia upon on the US, even my those of my countrymen who think it's wrong. Life and death choices are too personal to let one person impose his ideas on another.

Its also none of our business what the Netherlands does. My wife is Dutch/Canadian - I choose not to discuss it ...

#8 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Innovation, Web Development, Writing, etc.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Fact is, euthanasia is allowed in this country under stringent rules and a set protocol has to be followed meticulously, if a doctor does not follow them to the letter he will be subject to a criminal investigation, and may well stand trial.

You'll be happy to know that outside of the right wing echo chamber, we are instituting similar policies.

A few states already have it - our state (MA) is putting it on the ballot this year, and I predict it will pass.

http://www.dignity2012.org/

we're not all nutters. The difference is that reasonable people agree that it is the patients decision. Nutters say, once again, it is their decision....although the same nutters "take life" every couple of minutes in some hospital when their familiars are involved.

#9 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,485 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:22 AM

Where's Emily Litella...

No problem with opposing opinions, just with a lazy uninformed idiot telling lies. Not trying to force regulated euthanasia upon on the US, not even on those of my countrymen who think it's wrong. Life and death choices are too personal to let one person impose his ideas on another.

Serious question. What is the practical mood there. Is the national mood comfortable with expensive end of life care for what is often just a short extension to the patients life? Or, does it look at assisted euthanasia as a way to offer dignity in death and cut costs too? This is not a loaded question

#10 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Serious question. What is the practical mood there. Is the national mood comfortable with expensive end of life care for what is often just a short extension to the patients life? Or, does it look at assisted euthanasia as a way to offer dignity in death and cut costs too? This is not a loaded question

It's a pretty good question. Clearly, assisted suicide/euthanasia takes on a very different cast in a system such as ours, where chronic illness frequently impoverishes its sufferers and their families. I would venture to say that even the most impassioned advocates of voluntary "access to death" would be uncomfortable with cost of care as a motivation.

#11 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

I would venture to say that even the most impassioned advocates of voluntary "access to death" would be uncomfortable with cost of care as a motivation.

They may be uncomfortable, but that certainly does not mean it does not figure into the calculations of the patient - i.e. not wanting to be a burden on others, not wanting to spend the kids inheritance, etc.

The Swiss, from what I hear, have an even more liberal policy. They allow anyone from anywhere to go there and terminate their own life - for any reason. At least that's the way I read it.

But never - in any case - does anyone else make the decision for you if you are conscious.

I think we all hope that it never comes to that, but yet it's comforting to know that it is an option! There have actually been very few of these - even in the states where it is legal...

But, yeah, unfortunately - in the USA - money enters into it.

#12 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'm of the opinion after dealing with several elderly relatives, that all healthcare besides palliative care should be offered to those over 70.
Seriously (kinda).
1) they are a drain on society financially. (SS and Medicare)
2) they no longer able to work at the level of younger workers
3) if they continue to work, they take jobs from those who need them
4) for the most part, they are unpleasant
5) very poor drivers, definitely
6) slow down golf and never allow you to play through
7) quality of life after a major medical episode is rarely worth the effort

I have no plan on living past 70 unless my body and mind are fresh enough to enjoy it. Artificially keeping my heart beating is not the way I want to string out my final years.

I've already told my wife and kids that when I am unable to wipe my own ass or get a hard on from a sponge bath from a hot nurse, pull the plug.

#13 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

My dad is 82 and still enjoys 90% of the same stuff he did before. My MIL is 90, and she flys all around the east coast, walks the stairs, drives, does crossword puzzles and argues politics.

Everyone talks about the wipe your ass part - but I've met some happy people with colo bags.

I think the key here - you'll know it when you see it! We have a new grand daughter and I'd guess we'll probably have a great great by the time we hit our early 80's - so that may keep us alive....

But I certainly don't want to sit around and watch reality shows......

I'm of the opinion after dealing with several elderly relatives, that all healthcare besides palliative care should be offered to those over 70.
Seriously (kinda).
1) they are a drain on society financially. (SS and Medicare)
2) they no longer able to work at the level of younger workers

I've already told my wife and kids that when I am unable to wipe my own ass or get a hard on from a sponge bath from a hot nurse, pull the plug.

#14 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

As one who has pulled many plugs, including those of both of my parents--and then watched them die slowly, I'm here to tell you there are only different degrees of hard.

#15 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

As one who has pulled many plugs, including those of both of my parents--and then watched them die slowly, I'm here to tell you there are only different degrees of hard.

I recently had to put my dog down after months of battling throat cancer. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Luckily both my parents managed to go with a minimum of suffering, Dad had prostate cancer and we were very fortunate that his pain mostly diminished in his last few weeks.

You're a better man than I Gunga Din.

#16 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

My dad had stroke at 47. Would have killed most men, but he was one tough bird. Left him completely disabled and miserable. He lived (if your an call it that) until he finally died of complications to his initial stroke 25 years later. I will never allow my family to go thru the same thing with me.
I have a secret pact with my son. If something like that happens to me and I happen to survive it, he only needs to make sure my plane is full of gas and get me in the cockpit. It isn't that difficult to take off. If I'm in a condition that will not allow me to control the airplane to the pre-determined destination, he is to grab a parachute and join me for the initial flight phase. Then depart before I finish with glory, flame and noise.

#17 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,911 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

I recently had to put my dog down after months of battling throat cancer. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Luckily both my parents managed to go with a minimum of suffering, Dad had prostate cancer and we were very fortunate that his pain mostly diminished in his last few weeks.

You're a better man than I Gunga Din.

As a culture we offer a more dignified mercy to our pets than to our own dying.

It's my life, if I foresee nothing but a hideous, unpleasant end it's my prerogative to end it.

#18 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

A few things I've learned:

Death is just another animal body function like sex, shitting, or eating. You can pretty it up for display, but dignity isn't a quality that enters your mind much when you see it.

Getting old and infirm is so incremental, if we're lucky, that we often ease into a pretty decrepit state, at which point, added burdens don't have the same clear impact we imagine now.

While it's comforting to imagine we'll have our current powers of decision and action in old age or the late stages of illness, we won't.

If we're lucky, we'll have strong ties to others, old and young, that may prevent us taking the "easier" way. People may seem to be depending on us, even as we suffer.

Families suffer when loved ones are sick, wish for their death, and, hence, if they have a shred of decency and introspection, don't trust their own motives for pulling the plug. I tell you this from direct experience.

If everyone with a romantic fantasy about how he'd end a bad health situation carried it out, it would be raining bodies and the waters would be choked with abandoned boats.

#19 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

My dad had stroke at 47. Would have killed most men, but he was one tough bird. Left him completely disabled and miserable. He lived (if your an call it that) until he finally died of complications to his initial stroke 25 years later. I will never allow my family to go thru the same thing with me.
I have a secret pact with my son. If something like that happens to me and I happen to survive it, he only needs to make sure my plane is full of gas and get me in the cockpit. It isn't that difficult to take off. If I'm in a condition that will not allow me to control the airplane to the pre-determined destination, he is to grab a parachute and join me for the initial flight phase. Then depart before I finish with glory, flame and noise.

Take a first class flight wo Switzerland instead - it will not do away with your little plane....

#20 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Where's Emily Litella...

Your question is better than you might have expected and caused me to think about it for a while. Five years ago I would have said flat out that our national mood is comfortable with expensive end of life care and palliative care which is aimed solely at minimizing the suffering for a terminal patient is very much a viable option. The euthanasia legislation has even served to bring attention to and stimulate new developments in palliative care so that euthanasia really becomes an option of last resort for a patient. Until 2006 we had a health insurance system that was a rival for the best in the world. Everyone earning (including those receiving unemployment benefits) up to and including modal incomes was insured in a health system that was run by regional health insurance funds that were under close government supervision. They were quite good at delivering top notch healthcare to everyone that required it, we still have top flight academic hospitals that thrived under this system. In 2006 the health insurance was privatised with the proviso that health insurers had to provide a basic coverage (which I believe is still very broad compared to a lot of other rich countries) at a minimum rate accessible to everyone. Each person is required by law to have this basic coverage insurance. In the past years things we have taken for granted as covered under our national health insurance plan have come under discussion for financial reasons, so there is definitely a change in attitude toward health cost, but care for the elderly and the chronically ill is still considered normal, and anyone who even tentatively suggests that a consideration to limit this care is met with outrage on a national scale.

#21 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,772 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Please wait until the forest fire risk goes down, and when you do it, please guide the craft away from our home, or at least wait until we're not home and the dog is safe.

As a final favor, would you mind swapping that plane of yours with an old truck? The check engine light shouldn't bother you much as you fly off the road into Dillon Reservoir, and I could pay a lot of bills with the plane money. Since your son apparently doesn't want it I would be happy to call you daddy for a while.

Thanks Ed!

#22 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Not dying.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is it too late for me to throw my hat in the ring, and run as a Pragmatican?....

#23 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

As a final favor, would you mind swapping that plane of yours with an old truck? The check engine light shouldn't bother you much as you fly off the road into Dillon Reservoir, and I could pay a lot of bills with the plane money. Since your son apparently doesn't want it I would be happy to call you daddy for a while.

Thanks Ed!

Ed apparently has no respect for the EMT's that have to scrape his parts off the rocks.....:P

I say again - Switzerland. Nice a clean and comfortable. And if you decide not to after you get there, nice scenery and Cafe Society.

#24 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,881 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

I, for once, will hold my opinion amongst this fine group of typists.

#25 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Ed!

Ed apparently has no respect for the EMT's that have to scrape his parts off the rocks.....:P

Those bastards sure know how to mess up a great party.
Posted Image

#26 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,881 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

man do we have TONS of those around.

#27 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image

Shower more often. I find they leave you alone then.

#28 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,772 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

I haven't found that to be so.

I shower daily in the blood and entrails of my victims and find those damn birds won't give me a moment's peace.

#29 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Off-topic, I know, but I get a kick out of checking in on theses guys once a day or so...
Live Eagle Cams

#30 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,881 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

oh why??

#31 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,116 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

"Buzzard's gotta eat, same as the worms."

#32 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

"Buzzard's gotta eat, same as the worms."

Do the Sierra Club and Audobon Society know about these EMT guys?

#33 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Its also none of our business what the Netherlands does. My wife is Dutch/Canadian - I choose not to discuss it ...

The Dutch part or the Canadian part?

#34 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

Please wait until the forest fire risk goes down, and when you do it, please guide the craft away from our home, or at least wait until we're not home and the dog is safe.

Thanks Ed!

Already picked out the spot. Above timberline, north side of pikes peak known as the bottomless pit. Three folk have driven their cars off the summit into it. 2000 ft down. They remove the bodies but not the wreckage. Kinda like memorials. I'll make sure I leave a few gift cards to qdoba for the EMTs for their troubles.

#35 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Santorum spouts off

I don't want to intrude in US political discussion, certainly not primaries, but if some mentally challenged piece of baboon excrement

I forgot to apologize to you.

I'm sorry for my fellow countrymen.

A piece of shit like Santorum takes advantage of the fact that his audience has never been further than the feed store or las vegas. These people don't know where the Netherlands is, what the history is, what the people are like nor anything else. Their brains are largely empty except for what anyone put in there over the radio or TV - or, now, over the internet.

In our system, it pays to lie. The liars and cheaters, folks like Donald Trump, get further ahead. We call it predatory capitalism, and you can expand that to predatory politics. Santorum and his friends don't care in the least if what they say is true, moral, ethical or right. All they care is that someone will "buy" it - that's perfect capitalism! Santorum and his friends are being financed by right-wing billionaires, another fine concept brought to use by our "conservative constitutionalist" Supreme Court. All the gloves are now off - unlimited money and lies are fine!

So, again, I apologize for the masses of ignorant and uneducated people who are buying this crap. I apologize for the folks who are taking advantage of those people. It's a sad thing - but the lowest common denominator - that is, FEAR of the unknown - has taken over large swaths of America. I wish I knew the solution.

#36 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,863 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Santorum spouts off

I don't want to intrude in US political discussion, certainly not primaries, but if some mentally challenged piece of baboon excrement

A piece of shit like Santorum takes advantage of the fact that his audience has never been further than the feed store or las vegas. These people don't know where the Netherlands is, what the history is, what the people are like nor anything else. Their brains are largely empty except for what anyone put in there over the radio or TV - or, now, over the internet.

In our system, it pays to lie. The liars and cheaters, folks like Donald Trump, get further ahead. We call it predatory capitalism, and you can expand that to predatory politics. Santorum and his friends don't care in the least if what they say is true, moral, ethical or right. All they care is that someone will "buy" it - that's perfect capitalism! Santorum and his friends are being financed by right-wing billionaires, another fine concept brought to use by our "conservative constitutionalist" Supreme Court. All the gloves are now off - unlimited money and lies are fine!

So, again, I apologize for the masses of ignorant and uneducated people who are buying this crap. I apologize for the folks who are taking advantage of those people. It's a sad thing - but the lowest common denominator - that is, FEAR of the unknown - has taken over large swaths of America. I wish I knew the solution.

Screw you. Everybody knows they wear wooden shoes, skate to work when the canals freeze over, make reasonably good paint and stick their fingers in dykes.

#37 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,911 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Santorum spouts off

Screw you. Everybody knows they wear wooden shoes, skate to work when the canals freeze over, make reasonably good paint and stick their fingers in dykes.

And they wear funny hats, don't forget that.

Posted Image

#38 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Personally, I think just their fries and those caramel waffle cakes are enough reason to take 'em over......

#39 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,863 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Personally, I think just their fries and those caramel waffle cakes are enough reason to take 'em over......

I think that's the other low country that drains into the holland tunnel or something.

#40 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

Santorum spouts off

And they wear funny hats, don't forget that.

Posted Image

We Americans know all about the Dutch.

Here they perform their traditional efficiency ritual of using two men in funny hats and a 100 pound cradle to carry 40 pounds of cheese. Except they think of weights in kilometers because it's Europe.

Posted Image

#41 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Not dying.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Here they perform their traditional efficiency ritual of using two men in funny hats and a 100 pound cradle to carry 40 pounds of cheese. Except they think of weights in kilometers because it's Europe.

Posted Image

Aren't those bigger ones curling pucks?.....

#42 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, I've been there.

The town of eat-em.
Posted Image

#43 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,911 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

Aren't those bigger ones curling pucks?.....

No, they would be carrying snow shovels.

#44 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image To above posts.
Was't out for apologies, though i'll gratefully accept,craigiri, just wanted to vent my indignation and clarify a bit. Just hopping off to kick my son, who looks uncannily like paintboy, to bed.Dikes to plug, cheese to carry and most important of all a boat to prepare for the coming season, the weather is looking great over here.Good weekend to you all!

#45 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image To above posts.
Was't out for apologies, though i'll gratefully accept,craigiri, just wanted to vent my indignation and clarify a bit. Just hopping off to kick my son, who looks uncannily like paintboy,

Yeah, but do you have a doggie that looks like this?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Santorum disagrees with Jefferson.

Of course, he's just pandering to the religious zealots on the far right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users