25 replies to this topic

#1 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hoping to find a printer in the SA community that is interested in helping Oceanswatch, which is a non-profit, with printing brochures in time for the Oakland Strictly Sail show.
We'd like to find someone in a position to donate or offer discounted printing for the attached brochure.

I recently accepted a volunteer position with Oceanswatch as a coordinator for the west coast. In addition to getting the word out, we're looking for people who would be willing to donate some time at the Oakland show. PM me for details.

Our international site is http://oceanswatch.org/

North American site is here - http://oceanswatch.org/north-america

Attached Files

#2 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

pm sent

#3 radman

radman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hoping to find a printer in the SA community that is interested in helping Oceanswatch, which is a non-profit, with printing brochures in time for the Oakland Strictly Sail show.
We'd like to find someone in a position to donate or offer discounted printing for the attached brochure.

I recently accepted a volunteer position with Oceanswatch as a coordinator for the west coast. In addition to getting the word out, we're looking for people who would be willing to donate some time at the Oakland show. PM me for details.

Our international site is http://oceanswatch.org/

North American site is here - http://oceanswatch.org/north-america

"It is heartening for the Sail Maker to note that a general awakening to the importance of sails has taken place. For too long owners were content to make the inevitable economy cuts at the expense of a sail locker. What is the use of spending a year's salary on a boat only to cut down at the last minute on the very item which is going to make her go?.....
Never forget your sails are your power plant."

From the book Sails written by Jeremy Howard-Williams 1967
www.IslandPlanetSails.com

BUY AN AD!!

Or better yet, Buy a Booth instead of freeloading off of a charity.

Who was it that you freeloaded off of last year?

#4 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

Radman,

Are you always a dick or is just when you're behind the anonymity of the keyboard?

Your accusations are asinine although admittedly had I thought about it I would have turned off the sig block feature to avoid any appearance of promotion of my company. The booth at the show will be promoting Oceanswatch, not sponsors. And you may see my company at a commercial booth along with other vendors.

We donate a percentage of our net profit to Oceanswatch and other organizations. I also donate my time to do what I can towards marine preservation and conservation.

As for the booth last year, I split the cost of a booth with another company last year. If you would like to challenge that assertion, I offer you a wager. If I win you donate $500 to Oceanswatch. If you win I'll donate $1000 to Oceanswatch. For me to win I submit proof that I shared the expense. If I'm unable to do so, I post a copy of a cancelled check for $1000 made payable to Oceanswatch. Do we have a wager?

#5 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Radman,

Are you always a dick or is just when you're behind the anonymity of the keyboard?

Your accusations are asinine although admittedly had I thought about it I would have turned off the sig block feature to avoid any appearance of promotion of my company. The booth at the show will be promoting Oceanswatch, not sponsors. And you may see my company at a commercial booth along with other vendors.

We donate a percentage of our net profit to Oceanswatch and other organizations. I also donate my time to do what I can towards marine preservation and conservation.

As for the booth last year, I split the cost of a booth with another company last year. If you would like to challenge that assertion, I offer you a wager. If I win you donate $500 to Oceanswatch. If you win I'll donate $1000 to Oceanswatch. For me to win I submit proof that I shared the expense. If I'm unable to do so, I post a copy of a cancelled check for $1000 made payable to Oceanswatch. Do we have a wager?

I have no idea what this is all about, but I gotta ask. Who did you split the booth with?

#6 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Matt B,

I'd really like to return the thread to the topic of finding a printer that will offer a discount or donation....But in the interest of putting the rest of this to bed, the other vendor was Cruise RO. They supply quality watermakers and charging systems.

#7 radman

radman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

Radman,

Ha, Ha, Hurts when it is true. So, you are going to suggest a wager to prove me wrong? Go away little man, a sailmaker working out of the back of his car doesn't have any creds.

#8 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

Radman,

Awww that really hurts. But you know something? Our business grew by about 50% last year and we're on pace to do it again. I live in a great neighborhood and my 48' ketch sits in a nice marina. I took close to a year off to go cruising a few seasons ago and I'll be able to do it again in a few years. Your petty jealousy is pretty damn entertaining. Thanks for playing.

#9 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Send a PM to Some Dude. He has a print shop and probably will offer deep discounts to SA mates.

#10 radman

radman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Pretty funny ip dude. You have an Amel 46 ketch. You got kicked off their site for peddling your unsupported goods. Where is your shop? Who provides service? Do you own a single sewing machine, have you EVER even worked on a sail, and lastly, what the fuck do you know about sailmaking besides some stupid ancient quotes?

#11 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Matt B,

I'd really like to return the thread to the topic of finding a printer that will offer a discount or donation....But in the interest of putting the rest of this to bed, the other vendor was Cruise RO. They supply quality watermakers and charging systems.

Great. Thanks. Nothing wrong with that.

#12 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,119 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

pm sent scent

sumpin has a press he no longer uses to print treasury notes & securities

email DoRag for your Ummm "special paper/ink" needs

and for delivery (if you don't mind waiting) Nes Paus has a route for that personal service

might want to check with MSP before going to print for Native Correctness (and discouragement)

#13 sumpin

sumpin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
  • Interests:scallop mining and rudder fairing
    stair falling book cover mending

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I am busy printing at this time. Ben Franklin has such "Woody-like" features. I will loan you some coin, how does Libor plus 500 sound, unsecured of course

#14 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,119 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Radman,

Awww that really hurts. But you know something? Our business grew by about 50% last year and we're on pace to do it again. I live in a great neighborhood and my 48' ketch sits in a nice marina. I took close to a year off to go cruising a few seasons ago and I'll be able to do it again in a few years. Your petty jealousy is pretty damn entertaining. Thanks for playing.

I believe you - Really I do !

You Sir are in a position to send Miss MSG $500.00 and show the doubters what you are made of --> Donate Here

or not and show that you are but slightly more than 1/2 of what swan69 claimed to be = Loser

Make the rest of us jealous and show how fortunet it is to be You = in a position to help those less fortunet and presently in need

make the rest of us feel Really Jealous by upping the $500 to say $1,000 - $5,000 or $10,000 or more --> Donate Here

Confirm your contribution after you post PP Receipt (I'll ask MSG to comment here after you do)

or are you but another lowly shit talking troll on a forum ?

#15 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Radman,

I wish I was as well-off as you. My hope is that BHO will redistribute your wealth to the less fortunate, like me.

#16 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

fortunet? Woody, set up a link to buy you a dictionary or fund your GED.

#17 sumpin

sumpin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
  • Interests:scallop mining and rudder fairing
    stair falling book cover mending

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

check a box Mr. Rad, any box

#18 One eye Jack

One eye Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Location:Reno,Nv. San Francisco Bay , Santa Cruz,Ca. Tahoe,Nv
  • Interests:Sailing. I shot a man in Reno.. Just to watch him die..

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Why do those that want us to donate something to them get so aggressive to those that they want something for FREE...sounds like some panhandler...If one wants something..PAY FOR IT..and if you believe so much or your cause..you can also come up with the funds to try to expand your cause...

#19 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,119 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Why do those that want us to donate something to them get so aggressive to those that they want something for FREE...sounds like some panhandler...If one wants something..PAY FOR IT..and if you believe so much or your cause..you can also come up with the funds to try to expand your cause...

you might want to clarify to what cause you are referring Posted Image

if you are referring to the original poster - Yes if you want something provide something in exchange = work for it

#20 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Pretty funny ip dude. You have an Amel 46 ketch. You got kicked off their site for peddling your unsupported goods. Where is your shop? Who provides service? Do you own a single sewing machine, have you EVER even worked on a sail, and lastly, what the fuck do you know about sailmaking besides some stupid ancient quotes?

Radman,

You know nothing about me or my business so kindly STFU.
As for being kicked off the Amel site, where did you come up with that jewel of an allegation? I'm frequently on it.
3 machines and yes have worked on sails.

Frankly I'd love to see you put your money where your mouth is. So when you make an allegation like me being kicked off the Amel site, (actually a group), I'd like to see you back it with the willingness to make a bet.
I'll make the odds even better. You put up $100. I'll put up $1000.
If you accept the wager I'll post a screen shot of recent posts. Loser of the bet donates to Oceanswatch.

This thread is about finding a printing deal or donation for a non-profit called Oceanswatch. Can we get back to the topic now? Or should I just deal with my local printer who has no connections to the sailing community but can handle our printing needs?

#21 One eye Jack

One eye Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Location:Reno,Nv. San Francisco Bay , Santa Cruz,Ca. Tahoe,Nv
  • Interests:Sailing. I shot a man in Reno.. Just to watch him die..

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

1330195143[/url]' post='3600274']

1330193074[/url]' post='3600246']

you might want to clarify to what cause you are referring Posted Image

if you are referring to the original poster - Yes if you want something provide something in exchange = work for it

The cause that I am mentioning is what this guy that wants donations from a printing company

#22 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Exactly One Eyed Jack. We're looking for either a donation or a discount on printing services. Oceanswatch is doing many good things. One project I'm pretty excited about is setting up an MMA (Marine Managed Area) in the Solomon Islands at the invite of the local government. Oceanswatch, like most non-profits, relies on donations and grants. Members have donated quite a bit including the use of various yachts.

Attached File  OW_news.pdf   681.07K   2 downloads

#23 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Exactly One Eyed Jack. We're looking for either a donation or a discount on printing services. Oceanswatch is doing many good things. One project I'm pretty excited about is setting up an MMA (Marine Managed Area) in the Solomon Islands at the invite of the local government. Oceanswatch, like most non-profits, relies on donations and grants. Members have donated quite a bit including the use of various yachts.

The world has far more pressing issues than trying to protect the Salomon Islands from themselves....

#24 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

The world has far more pressing issues than trying to protect the Salomon Islands from themselves....

So you're solving world hunger when you're not sucking Dan Meyers dick or dodging the draft?

#25 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

So you're solving world hunger when you're not sucking Dan Meyers dick or dodging the draft?

So, you're saying Myers is a grifter?

#26 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

So, you're saying Myers is a grifter?

JFC, did you pass 6th grade English? I implied you were sucking Dan Meyer's dick...you should know more about any of his grifter-like habits than I do. Seriously, look up occasionally from your knees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users