10 replies to this topic

#1 Merit 25

Merit 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

I want to know if PHRF of the Ches Bay allows stacking shit below on the high side or on the rail. I've been to their website but can't find the specific rule that addresses this. Any help?

I know, I know, PHRF is ghey...

#2 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

I want to know if PHRF of the Ches Bay allows stacking shit below on the high side or on the rail. I've been to their website but can't find the specific rule that addresses this. Any help?

you can stack shit. you just cant move the shit once youve stacked. For instance to the new high side on each tack (within reason) - no moveable ballast

You can keep a spare 'ready sail' on the rail to use as a couch.

your local mileage may vary

#3 Ajax

Ajax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Interests:The sea, women, history, women who like the sea. Racing, crewing, travel, reading, learning.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

What are you worried about? The last time I raced with you, Audrey was beaten so hard, that shit was scattered all over, and I do mean all over the fuggin' boat. If anyone complains, just tell 'em "it landed there during the race".:P

The funniest moment of that day, was rescuing the 3 foot sub sandwich from the creek and still eating that bitch.

#4 JohnMB

JohnMB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

for it to be allowed there has to be a specific rule allowing it which changes R51(moveable Ballast)

no rule means the basic rule is what counts

51 MOVABLE BALLAST
All movable ballast, including sails that are not set, shall be properly stowed. Water, dead weight or ballast shall not be moved for the purpose of changing trim or stability. Floorboards, bulkheads, doors, stairs and water tanks shall be left in place and all cabin fixtures kept on board. However, bilge water may be bailed out.

#5 some dude

some dude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

what's it rate?

#6 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

What are you worried about? The last time I raced with you, Audrey was beaten so hard, that shit was scattered all over, and I do mean all over the fuggin' boat. If anyone complains, just tell 'em "it landed there during the race".:P

The funniest moment of that day, was rescuing the 3 foot sub sandwich from the creek and still eating that bitch.

Wouldn't it be kinda hard to explain how all that heavy stuff kept bouncing around and somehow landing UPHILL from where it started?

{edit, somebody else already put in a better explanation while I was typing}

Now, why -wouldn't- you eat a sandwich rescued from the creek? On a low-salt diet, maybe ??
:P

FB- Doug

#7 Merit 25

Merit 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

That's good to know, thanks. I'm in the process of trying to put in hangers to which I can clip bags and sails to and wanted to confirm what was legal. The problem now is that everything ends up on the cabin sole, and it makes it very hard to get around down below. Bought a bunch of biners and will install line under the shelves.

#8 Merit 25

Merit 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

lol, that's the problem, I would know, and it would eat at me all year long.

That sandwinch was pretty good, just wish we could've had some beers at the club and swapped war stories. I think 3 boats retired from breaking shat.

It rates a lowly 174, but I sometimes pretend its faster. ;)

#9 Kaptainkriz

Kaptainkriz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, duh!
    Tanzer 25 #28, Akoni
    Capri 30 #11, Rock Lobster (sold)
    http://www.tqci.net/~jkriz/Tanzer25.html

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Lol, thie sandwitche story iz fune. I hav thie saim prublim wif thinges wippin all over on Akoni. Stuf on d flor ends up al wet az yur sandwitche. No stakin loude. We pik a sid for thie dae and stik wif dat. Sheet how duz snaggy rite lik dis..

That's good to know, thanks. I'm in the process of trying to put in hangers to which I can clip bags and sails to and wanted to confirm what was legal. The problem now is that everything ends up on the cabin sole, and it makes it very hard to get around down below. Bought a bunch of biners and will install line under the shelves.

#10 Ajax

Ajax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Interests:The sea, women, history, women who like the sea. Racing, crewing, travel, reading, learning.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Lol, thie sandwitche story iz fune. I hav thie saim prublim wif thinges wippin all over on Akoni. Stuf on d flor ends up al wet az yur sandwitche. No stakin loude. We pik a sid for thie dae and stik wif dat. Sheet how duz snaggy rite lik dis..

The even funnier part? The sandwich was the only thing that stayed in it's place for the entire race.:huh:

#11 Icedtea

Icedtea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Ha!
Rite lic snaggy far iz reelie harde whi doze he bodder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users