4 replies to this topic

#1 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Looks like a real good regatta. Was the last 2 yrs, but no Tigers, where are you guys?

Seems like good exposure for building the East Coast one design fleet, and especially the SE,

Duh, FacePalm, I knew that!

#2 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Looks like a real good regatta. Was the last 2 yrs, but no Tigers, where are you guys?

Seems like good exposure for building the East Coast one design fleet, and especially the SE,

We (the fleet) has talked about this on several occasions. We, in fact, have one member that has been there several times with his Tiger.

The probs are several. One being expense. CRW has gotten to the point that it is darn close to the expense of KWRW for a boat this size. We are a rather thrifty bunch.

Another is logistics. No good (inexpensive (free)) place to rig and launch.

The last is because of our draft, we have to race outside. That is a LONG HAUL each way to the race course.

I love Charleston and have been there many many times sailing. Spent many wonderful days sailing there (and some HOT... will NEVER sail there in August again!!!) on my old M24's. The harbor is one of the best places (and darn challenging too) places to sail that I have ever been. Just not a great place for the Tiger.

Doug

#3 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

We (the fleet) has talked about this on several occasions. We, in fact, have one member that has been there several times with his Tiger.

The probs are several. One being expense. CRW has gotten to the point that it is darn close to the expense of KWRW for a boat this size. We are a rather thrifty bunch.

Another is logistics. No good (inexpensive (free)) place to rig and launch.

The last is because of our draft, we have to race outside. That is a LONG HAUL each way to the race course.

I love Charleston and have been there many many times sailing. Spent many wonderful days sailing there (and some HOT... will NEVER sail there in August again!!!) on my old M24's. The harbor is one of the best places (and darn challenging too) places to sail that I have ever been. Just not a great place for the Tiger.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I know a Tripp 26 that isn't back because of the outside experience but what boat isn't a PITA on a long motor out. I remember doing that long haul on a Lindenberg 26 during the MORC Nationalsj, late 70's. Some things remain the same, but the boats sure look different. ( Except the weird similarity between a Lindenberg 26 coachroof and the Tiger)

#4 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Just a quick FWIW;

Ramp launching is free. Boat storage on trailer is free. Motor out is less than Detroit NOOD and many other places. Would LOVE to see tigers out playing, especially after the depressing sight of the Antigua FT sitting on her trailer rotting in the sun!

#5 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Just a quick FWIW;

Ramp launching is free. Boat storage on trailer is free. Motor out is less than Detroit NOOD and many other places. Would LOVE to see tigers out playing, especially after the depressing sight of the Antigua FT sitting on her trailer rotting in the sun!

Yea, what he said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users