#2 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,461 posts
  • Interests:Voltramax

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Dude had a serious addiction problem. Bad year to be an addict. Houston, Winehouse, now Breitbart. Sad.

I caught you knockin'
at my cellar door
I love you, baby,
can I have some more
Ooh, ooh, the damage done.

I hit the city and
I lost my band
I watched the bottle
take another man
Gone, gone, the damage done.

I sing the song
because I love the man
I know that some
of you don't understand
Merlot
to keep from running out.

I've seen the bottle
and the damage done
A little part of it in everyone
But every junkie's
like a settin' sun.

#3 mr_fabulous

mr_fabulous

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Dude had a serious addiction problem. Bad year to be an addict. Houston, Winehouse, now Breitbart. Sad.

I caught you knockin'
at my cellar door
I love you, baby,
can I have some more
Ooh, ooh, the damage done.

I hit the city and
I lost my band
I watched the bottle
take another man
Gone, gone, the damage done.

I sing the song
because I love the man
I know that some
of you don't understand
Merlot
to keep from running out.

I've seen the bottle
and the damage done
A little part of it in everyone
But every junkie's
like a settin' sun.

But they said 'natural causes'...at 43 years old...did he have cancer or something?

#4 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,837 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

The right-wing world of prevarication, fabrication and utter bullshit has lost one of its luminaries. How sad. Luckily, there are 10,000 more adherents to the Straussian complex of nonsense to take his place, so we need not worry about some lack of fresh lies for the usual knuckleheads around here to get all worked up about.

#5 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Not dying.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

The right-wing world of prevarication, fabrication and utter bullshit has lost one of its luminaries. How sad. Luckily, there are 10,000 more adherents to the Straussian complex of nonsense to take his place, so we need not worry about some lack of fresh lies for the usual knuckleheads around here to get all worked up about.

Nothing quite as 'Progressive' than a mind closed up tighter than a nun's snatch. Thank you, Chuck, you never fail to amuse me....

#6 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,166 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

"I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I have read with pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#7 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I really have not read much of the guy's stuff, or listened to him. The main reason is that, like Glen Beck, he considered himself a "counterbalance" to what he saw as liberal biased media. That's an admission of reporting with a purposeful slant towards an ideology. I never felt the need to be indoctrinated. I gravitate more towards objective journalism, or at the very least, sources that at least aspire to it.

Still, I admire the man's conviction to his cause, and have sympathy for the family that has lost someone this young.

Ben

#8 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

"I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I have read with pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

Then people ask me why I don't care for most liberals.

#9 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

I really have not read much of the guy's stuff, or listened to him. The main reason is that, like Glen Beck, he considered himself a "counterbalance" to what he saw as liberal biased media. That's an admission of reporting with a purposeful slant towards an ideology. I never felt the need to be indoctrinated. I gravitate more towards objective journalism, or at the very least, sources that at least aspire to it.

Still, I admire the man's conviction to his cause, and have sympathy for the family that has lost someone this young.

Ben

Yups. All I really knew about him is that he was a conservative with strong opinions and conviction. And also that for the life of me, I can't recite nor recall a single thing he said that or did.....

#10 another 505 sailor

another 505 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,795 posts

After watching his "Behave yourself" rant, I'd guess heart failure.

#11 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

At least you provide "counterbalance".

Ben

#12 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Ben

Yups. All I really knew about him is that he was a conservative with strong opinions and conviction. And also that for the life of me, I can't recite nor recall a single thing he said that or did.....

One of the most powerful things I have seen of him was the video that Nanny Government Sucks Sometimes posted here recently. Basically, he was claiming that liberals promoted division. Remarkedly, he closed the video by saying "War" with a gleeful look.

That's amazing. The fact that he could get away with that complete inconsistency facinates me.

Ben

#13 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,837 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Nothing quite as 'Progressive' than a mind closed up tighter than a nun's snatch. Thank you, Chuck, you never fail to amuse me....

There is nothing close-minded about judgements made on the evidence. A lie ain't another side of the story, it's just a lie. You're welcome to enjoy the right-wing world of deceit and horseshit. I'll stay with the fact-based world, it's more than interesting enough for me.

#14 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,166 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Andrew Breitbart is someone who I would never give much time or thought to. He did however, eviscerate a strong reaction from me when he posted some pretty mean spirited comments following the passing of Edward Kennedy.

"Early this morning, news broke that Sen. Ted Kennedy had passed away after serving in the U.S. Senate for nearly 50 years. Soon after, conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart began a sustained assault on Kennedy's memory, tweeting "Rest in Chappaquiddick."

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a "villain," "a big ass motherf@#$er," a "duplicitous bastard" and a "prick." "I'll shut my mouth for Carter. That's just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement," wrote Breitbart in one tweet.

When Politico's Michael Calderone highlighted Breitbart's attacks in an article called, "Not all Kennedy critics hold fire," a pleased Breitbart tweeted:

Posted Image When a fellow conservative tweeted to Breitbart asking him not to treat Kennedy like they believe some on the left treated the passing of Tony Snow and Ronald Reagan, Breitbart responded "How dare you compare Snow & Reagan to Kennedy! Why do you grant a BULLY special status upon his death? This isnt lib v con." Despite his claim that his attacks weren't about "lib v. con," Breitbart repeatedly justified them in ideological terms.

"Look, this man was granted absolution for nothing. Class, life station played a part but PARTY was everything. GOP couldnt get away with it," complained Breitbart in one tweet. "IF a GOP possesses 1/100 of human failings of T. Kennedy he/she is TOAST," he claimed in another. "In this moment I cant but recognize absolute backwardness of media & society. Bush=EVIL. Ted Kennedy=SAINT. Im gonna keep fighin', folks," Breitbart said in another tweet."
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/08/26/57997/breitbart-kennedy-twitter/

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6

#15 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Addict? Any cite on that Spatial Ed?

Don't really know much about the guy. Liberals seemed to talk about him more than Conservatives (as is often the case I guess). However to die at such a young age......what a shame.

#16 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wife and three young kids. Was dealing with heart issues from year. Rip.

#17 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,719 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

There is nothing close-minded about judgements made on the evidence. A lie ain't another side of the story, it's just a lie. You're welcome to enjoy the right-wing world of deceit and horseshit. I'll stay with the fact-based world, it's more than interesting enough for me.

You sound a lot like Breitbart. We are what we hate.

#18 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I wish his family well.

#19 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

I wish his family well.

That's definitely the fukiest part.....

#20 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

There was his surreal "press conference" mic-grab-fest about the Anthony Weiner debacle...followed quickly be his -I've got photos of Weiner's weiner...wanna see?- school boyishness.

While i'm sorry to hear of his passing, I will not shed a tear for him.

#21 NGS

NGS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Some nice comments from Jonah Goldberg about his friend: http://www.nationalr...-jonah-goldberg

#22 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Innovation, Web Development, Writing, etc.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

If you want to make a comparison of tone, see what liberals (Huffington, Media Matters and even that Sherod lady he screwed over!) are saying about him. Compare that with what HE said about Ted Kennedy when Ted died.

I think you will find out who the meanies are....

#23 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

There was his surreal "press conference" mic-grab-fest about the Anthony Weiner debacle...followed quickly be his -I've got photos of Weiner's weiner...wanna see?- school boyishness.

While i'm sorry to hear of his passing, I will not shed a tear for him.

A nasty nasty nasty man.....largely responsible for much of the partisan BS we see in the public discourse today.

Basically King A-Hole.
We don't know the cause of death yet, but that kind of vindictiveness and seething anger isn't good for your heart.

No tears here. I suppose he may now become a martyr for the true believers. I didn't want him to die - just going away would have been good enough.

#24 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

A nasty nasty nasty man.....largely responsible for much of the partisan BS we see in the public discourse today.

I want you to stop. take a deep breath. Then read what you wrote. Does anything jump up at you?

#25 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

I want you to stop. take a deep breath. Then read what you wrote. Does anything jump up at you?

He won't-----for the exact same reason that Helen Keller never went out and bought a fuking mirror....

#26 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

So Chuck - just to be certain I understand your position - any statement that reflects a right-of-center perspective is suspect, and speaks to a "world of deceit and horse-shit"?

C'mon bud - you're better than that.

#27 NGS

NGS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

He won't-----for the exact same reason that Helen Keller never went out and bought a fuking mirror....

Breitbart's CPAC Speech

...from just three weeks ago.

"Right now, my twitter feed is already calling me a big fat homosexual.

"Hello Children at home. No, your dad's not gay. That's just how the left rolls."

"Because they've held over our heads, with contempt, the false narrative of their innate tolerance. The least intolerant people you'll ever meet, I know it, I live it every day, and I retweet it [I republish their hateful remarks so they have a wider audience] to remind them I know exactly who they are."

This guy collects some of the hateful dance-on-your-grave tweets from the left.

I was just making the point on Twitter that even in death, especially in death, the left makes Andrew Breitbart's case for him. They never seemed to understand that while the right is his audience, the left itself is his most potent ally -- they prove everything he says with each hateful remark, each "ur a fag why don't you get AIDS and die" tweet.

The left makes all of his arguments for him. All Breitbart had to do was add two letters: "RT" [re-tweet].

The left had a chance to prove Andrew Breitbart wrong today.

Instead, they proved him right. Even in death, Andrew Breitbart makes the stupid hate-bag puppets dance for his amusement, and for ours.

I thought at first his death was a punking. In a way, it is. He continues punking the left into exposing exactly what it is. http://www.ace.mu.nu/

#28 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Wow, NGS, you don't say?

Breitbart, Rushbo and others of their ilk rile people up, do they?

The game is played. You can be 100% certain that Breitbart wanted people to tweet him nasty stuff...
I never would send him a nasty tweet, email or comment - why bother?

All the stuff Chuck said about him is the truth - he spreads lies and tendencies toward violence, etc. etc.
He divides people.

In fact, I've have to say his legacy is one of hate. Note that the articles are using Buckley as what Breitbart IS NOT. That is, he is not a thoughtful, reasoned and respectful individual putting out his slant on things.

Rather, he is a propagandist, taking partial truths and lies and ginning up issues based on those.

Andrew was no Ron Paul, that's for sure. Buckley either He's more like the National Enquirer.

This guy was sicker than anyone here has yet mentioned.....

"Tea Party favorite Andrew Breitbart told a conservative audience in Massachusetts that conservatives outnumber liberals and have most of the guns. He also claimed that the military is ready to take action against liberals if violence ever erupted between liberals and conservatives.“I’m under attack all the time. They call me gay, there are death threats… There are times where I’m not thinking as clearly as I should, and in those unclear moments, I always think to myself, ‘Fire the first shot.’ Bring it on. Because I know who’s on our side. They can only win a rhetorical and propaganda war. They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. T

Then he claimed that some senior military officials have personally assured him that they’ll join the right wing in a civil war."

Yeah, a nice peaceful person with a respectful political dialog, eh?

#29 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Why don't you give it a rest. Going off on personal attacks on the same day that the man died is about as low as it gets.

#30 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Why don't you give it a rest. Going off on personal attacks on the same day that the man died is about as low as it gets.

I agree, even if he did not share your decency.

#31 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,034 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

that guy sure spread a lot of hate in 43 years. I feel for his wife and kids.

#32 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Two wrongs do not make a right.

#33 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Breitbart's CPAC Speech

"Hello Children at home. No, your dad's not gay. That's just how the left rolls."

"Because they've held over our heads, with contempt, the false narrative of their innate tolerance. The least intolerant people you'll ever meet, I know it, I live it every day, and I retweet it [I republish their hateful remarks so they have a wider audience] to remind them I know exactly who they are."

I was just making the point on Twitter that even in death, especially in death, the left makes Andrew Breitbart's case for him. They never seemed to understand that while the right is his audience, the left itself is his most potent ally -- they prove everything he says with each hateful remark, each "ur a fag why don't you get AIDS and die" tweet.

The left makes all of his arguments for him. All Breitbart had to do was add two letters: "RT" [re-tweet].

Instead, they proved him right. Even in death, Andrew Breitbart makes the stupid hate-bag puppets dance for his amusement, and for ours.

I thought at first his death was a punking. In a way, it is. He continues punking the left into exposing exactly what it is. http://www.ace.mu.nu/

Does the victim mentality never end with you?

The delusion that dancing upon graves is something that is only perpetuated by The Left is understandable, coming from you. You are a political bigot. I get it.

But, Jesus H. Fucking Christ... You are going to use Breitbart, who HIMSELF danced upon the grave of Ted Kennedy, to make that case? That's incredible. Pick another victim, and at least make the fantasy sound remotely reasonable. You've got so many of them in your camp.

Ben

#34 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'd suggest to NGS that three wrongs don't make a right either.

Ben

#35 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'd suggest to NGS that three wrongs don't make a right either.

Ben

three lefts do.

#36 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Breitbart's CPAC Speech

The delusion that dancing upon graves is something that is only perpetuated by The Left is understandable, coming from you. You are a political bigot. I get it.

But, Jesus H. Fucking Christ... You are going to use Breitbart, who HIMSELF danced upon the grave of Ted Kennedy, to make that case? That's incredible. Pick another victim, and at least make the fantasy sound remotely reasonable. You've got so many of them in your camp.

Ben

Read up on the attacks on Tony Snow and get back to us on selective attacks

I met Tony Snow super nice guy that played guitar and died way to young. The hatred put out by the left after the man died was stunning

#37 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,837 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

So Chuck - just to be certain I understand your position - any statement that reflects a right-of-center perspective is suspect, and speaks to a "world of deceit and horse-shit"?

C'mon bud - you're better than that.

I believe I adequately qualified my statement well enough at the outset. If you, or others, wish to presume that it was unqualified and all-encompassing, well, that's your choice.

#38 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Ben

I met Tony Snow super nice guy that played guitar and died way to young. The hatred put out by the left after the man died was stunning

That has absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with what I just posted. Zero.

Ben

#39 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Andy was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling.

As a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to..Pismo. He died...like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives.

And so would Andy. Andy, who loved bowling. And so, Andy, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.

#40 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts
  • Interests:Garnacha. Gunk-holing.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Andy was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling.

As a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to..Pismo. He died...like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives.

And so would Andy. Andy, who loved bowling. And so, Andy, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.

I know what you just did

#41 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

<SNIP>

I believe I adequately qualified my statement well enough at the outset. If you, or others, wish to presume that it was unqualified and all-encompassing, well, that's your choice.

Excerpted from your initial post on the topic: "The right-wing world of prevarication, fabrication and utter bullshit has lost one of its luminaries. How sad. Luckily, there are 10,000 more adherents to the Straussian complex of nonsense to take his place, so we need not worry about some lack of fresh lies for the usual knuckleheads around here to get all worked up about."

well qualified? OK .

I'll just go STFU now, because I'm obviously too stupid to get it.

#42 jerseyguy

jerseyguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Then, there was this one:

I did not attend his funeral; but I wrote a nice letter saying I approved of it. [About a politician who had recently died]
--Mark Twain

#43 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,088 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

I agree, it is important we do not stoop to Breitbart's level and trash him within hours of his death.

#44 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

I know what you just did

For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint. Tom, do you have a prior restraint case for us? Thanks.

#45 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

The guy is dead. I feel bad for his family...I have no evidence that he was anything but a good father and husband.
There's now a child without a father, and a woman without a husband.

He filled a void. Apparently there were/are a LOT of people that he appealed to. THAT, in my opinion is almost as sad.

#46 NGS

NGS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

The guy is dead. I feel bad for his family...I have no evidence that he was anything but a good father and husband.
There's now a child without a father, and a woman without a husband.

He filled a void. Apparently there were/are a LOT of people that he appealed to. THAT, in my opinion is almost as sad.

Would that be ACORN?

#47 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Ben

Ben

Really?? I think Tony Snow qualified as "another" victim here

#48 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

A quick perusal of HuffPo coverage & reader comments shows a fine display of the famous liberal slant to things:

Huff Po Coverage

kinda belies the storyline folks here seem to be foisting.

#49 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

That's different. He worked for Fox and GW.
Posted Image

Nah, same thing...would never stoop to that level, no matter how many people died as a result of their rhetoric.

But it does raise an interesting question - that is, at what point is it important to get mad at these hacks?

I thought about Dear Andrew again and think he is a saint compared to useless flesh like Rushbo.

Please - guys - don't come here crying when that opiate-riddled good for nothing collapses.
Posted Image

#50 One of Five

One of Five

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,433 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

yea - one of the reasons I've stopped posting here.

#51 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,369 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

you stopped? funny, it doesn't look like you've stopped.

#52 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,461 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Addict? Any cite on that Spatial Ed?

Don't really know much about the guy. Liberals seemed to talk about him more than Conservatives (as is often the case I guess). However to die at such a young age......what a shame.

No, in honor of the deceased, I employed the same journalistic integrity he practiced. Its really an homage to the man.

#53 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

I guess it is safe to assume you did it.

#54 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,957 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

If you want to make a comparison of tone, see what liberals (Huffington, Media Matters and even that Sherod lady he screwed over!) are saying about him. Compare that with what HE said about Ted Kennedy when Ted died.

I think you will find out who the meanies are....

And then see what Ted Kennedy said about Mary Jo Kopechne the morning after her death, and for many months to come.

Ted Kennedy is one of the few people of which I can say no one could take the high ground in his defense when it came to jokes about his death.

Ted Kennedy - 2 Years, 6 months, and 5 days sober.

#55 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,837 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

Yep, class act that Breitbart: http://twitter.com/#!/andrewbreitbart/status/3551156537

#56 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Yep, class act that Breitbart: http://twitter.com/#!/andrewbreitbart/status/3551156537

Yep, class act that Kennedy.....

#57 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,837 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

Yep, class act that Kennedy.....

Quick, cue your selective outrage at all of the liburuls saying mean things about Bubba Brainfart, 'cause its only bad when the other guys to do it.

#58 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

I used tony snow as an example care to share your justification for those attacks by the left

#59 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

And why is it that your feelings toward Chuck D. should have anything to do with your feelings towards "most liberals".

Isn't that kind of like killing a couple of Swedes because you don't like some cartoons that a Danish newspaper published?

Isn't that tribal shit something that civilized people aspire to do away with?

#60 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

Ben

Ben

My point is that it is delusional to believe that this practice of dancing on graves is ONLY perpetrated by The Left. Just because you want to present every case of it coming from The Left while ignoring all the cases of it coming from The Right is not an argument.

Moreover, I'd also argue that "playing the victim" is not something that is only perpetrated by The Right. Granted you and Nanny make it a tough argument sometimes.

Ben

#61 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Instead, they proved him right.

Who is "the left"?

Are you claiming that one end or the other of the political spectrum has a monopoly on assholes?

Does the fact that there are assholes on the left say anything at all about the character of "the left" as a whole?

#62 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Who is this "the left" that you keep complaining about? Who is in charge of it? How do they orchestrate their attacks?

#63 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Who is "the left"?

Are you claiming that one end or the other of the political spectrum has a monopoly on assholes?

Does the fact that there are assholes on the left say anything at all about the character of "the left" as a whole?

Good to see someone else besides me banging their head against the wall in attempting to reason with a bigot.

Ben

#64 Patriot

Patriot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

As for dancing on the graves of folks mentioned in this thread from the Left or Right, here's an idea - how about we all agree that in spite of our deeply-rooted political beliefs, we refrain from doing said dancing...agreed?

#65 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Who is "the left"?

I believe it's time, yet again, to invoke The Rule of Sometimes...

Conservatives do not see people as members of groups, leftists do; as gays and straights, as poor or wealthy, as black or brown or white. We see people as individuals.

#66 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

So........
The usual teams who act EXACTLY THE SAME are blaming each other for what they both do :rolleyes:

He hit me
He hit me first
He's mean
He was mean to me first
He called me a name
He called me a name first

For the record, despite my distaste for what the man was up to I am not happy he died and feel for his family.

#67 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

For the record, despite my distaste for what the man was up to I am not happy he died and feel for his family.

43 is way too soon to go, no question about it...

However, in the Relative Scale of Tragedy, I think most would agree it marginally more natural to bury a father, as opposed to a son...

At least Breitbart lived long enough to cash a paycheck or two along the way...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/29/10543747-school-shooting-victim-never-got-first-paycheck-now-itll-be-buried-with-him

#68 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Who is "the left"?

Definitely not - but being as this particular asshole is a rightie, that does skew the conversation a bit.
Posted Image

Doesn't look like the old "Capitalist Tool" Forbes liked the guy much....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2012/03/02/andrew-breitbart-dead-who-will-slither-forward-on-his-sleazy-path/
"Andrew Breitbart Dead: Who Will Slither Forward On His Sleazy Path?"

#69 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Who is "the left"?

Conservatives do not see people as members of groups, leftists do; as gays and straights, as poor or wealthy, as black or brown or white. We see people as individuals.

That scrunching sound would be Nanny stepping on his dick. Again.

Ben

#70 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Rot in hell.

#71 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,719 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Rot in hell.

You make his point.

#72 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Rot in hell.

You make his point.

It took quite a while to get the bite that you were fishing for, didn't it? Given the subject's behavior in a similar instance, I'm surprised that more folks didn't give him what he gave others. Do unto others....

#73 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

+1

#74 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,719 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Rot in hell.

You make his point.

It took quite a while to get the bite that you were fishing for, didn't it? Given the subject's behavior in a similar instance, I'm surprised that more folks didn't give him what he gave others. Do unto others....

I wasn’t fishing for anything; in fact I expected more class. That Andrew was abrasive himself is not an excuse IMHO.

#75 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm not making any excuses.

#76 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Rot in hell.

You make his point.

I wasn’t fishing for anything; in fact I expected more class. That Andrew was abrasive himself is not an excuse IMHO.

If you say so, ok. I would have like to have seen more class, but I am not surprised that I didn't. Perhaps you should have a look at one of the dead kennedy threads like I did. That is what I expected to see. It isn't that Andrew was abrasive, it is that he did the EXACT thing which you and I lament, but it still doesn't excuse it.

#77 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,719 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Rot in hell.

You make his point.

If you say so, ok. I would have like to have seen more class, but I am not surprised that I didn't. Perhaps you should have a look at one of the dead kennedy threads like I did. That is what I expected to see. It isn't that Andrew was abrasive, it is that he did the EXACT thing which you and I lament, but it still doesn't excuse it.

Agreed...At the end of the day we are all responsible for our own behavior.

#78 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thankfully so, despite what some on this thread have suggested to the contrary.

#79 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I don't need any excuses. Treat me the way you want to be treated, speak to me the way you want to be spoken to.

#80 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Exactly. It's like justifying the mistreatment of prisoners by stating what terrorists do is far worse.

Okay... Maybe that was a poor example.

Ben

#81 plchacker

plchacker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Exactly. It's like justifying the mistreatment of prisoners by stating what terrorists do is far worse.

Ben

I think you nailed it. Nobody should be lead around on a leash..

#82 Cruisin Loser

Cruisin Loser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, rock climbing, skiing, steatopygia, stuff

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

However, in the Relative Scale of Tragedy, I think most would agree it marginally more natural to bury a father, as opposed to a son...

Not marginally. My greatest fear is burying my children. I desperately want them to outlive me by decades.

This thread is a pretty good microcosm of society. The classy, thoughful liberals are classy and thoughtful, as are the classy and thoughtful conservatives.

Others simply are what they are. I suspect most are much nicer in real life than they are here, that the relative anonymity of the forum emboldens some to abandon the restraint they would display in a face to face encounter.

There are quite a few liberals here with whom I'd like to share a glass in the cockpit. If the discussion turned to politics, I think it might become spirited but remain respectful. We largely share the same goals, there are simply some disagreements as to the best path to the common destination of a vibrant, inclusive, properous society.

I really had no idea who Mr. Breitbart was until this thread, but his passing is just another reminder of what awaits us all, and that we should never let a day pass without telling and showing our parents, wives and children how we feel about them.

#83 NGS

NGS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Who is "the left"?

Here's the difference. Liberals seek to codify and institutionalize their bigotry (affirmative action, race-norming, contraceptive "rights"), their collective thievery (entitlements), their contempt for individualism and contempt for the Constitution which is re-cast as "outmoded" or at least a "flexible document". Collective rights replace individual rights. Liberals categorize people into groups in order to subjugate and enlist the balkanized masses in a grand collective cause. Government grows on a system of racial spoils and entitlements, in order to right past "wrongs". Liberals seek to impose through the power of the state their will on others and live at the expense of others on the ethic of "diversity" and "fairness", all arbitrated, of course, by the master bureaucrats and politicians who know what is best for us all. We surrender our God-given rights to the State which replaces them with newly-defined "positive" rights, rights to healthcare, or housing ad nauseam, all on someone else's dime. Natural rights (those which our founders believed came from God) are replaced by rights granted by the State and our elitist wise elders, which we point out, can always then be modified or removed as suits the current need. A demand (free) economy is supplanted by a command economy (not free). Our commanders and masters of taxation / confiscation know, of course, better how the fruits of one's labor should be allocated than then marketplace. The chaotic collective wisdom of democracy and capitalism is replaced to achieve equal outcomes, and free speech is replaced by that which is politically correct speech. So we get a "fairness doctrine". Some speech is preferred, after all. Who is the Left, you ask? Really?

Hate speech is now defined for us as opposition to the new collective. So, when I or Rush or Breitbart or any other conservative or "Tea Bagger" dares to resist the expansion of government power, if we object to the intrusion of government into our economic or democratic lives (carbon regulations, card-check, NLRB rules, right to work), or if we complain about increasing debt and taxation and spending to serve these collective ends and insatiable appetite of the collective, WE are branded as racists, as bigots, as unfair, immoral and especially selfish. The crime victim becomes the criminal in the world of the liberal and is branded a hater or bigot for daring to question the march to a "progressive" future. Rage against the machine and the rage is singled out as the offense.

50% of people in this country now pay no federal income taxes. Obama wants to increase that percentage by taxing the "rich". Where do you want that number? 60%? 70%? What will you do when there is no one left to pay the bills? What will you say when the majority of people who vote are dependent for their jobs and welfare on the US treasury. What do you suppose that will do (is doing) to our democracy? Our founders told us, but do we listen to their wisdom? Ben Franklin: "Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?" "A Republic, if you can keep it." Well, sorry Ben, we couldn't keep it. We tried but they called us haters and bigots and assholes for trying.

Breitbart was a warrior and his rhetoric was sometimes angry. His anger was justified. He fought for freedom. You want civil discourse, less "hate speech"? Leave others alone. Respect the Constitution. You want a new tone of civility and harmony, then keep your hands to yourself. Don't expect me or Breitbart or anyone else in this country to pay your way. Buy your own goddamn condoms. Pay for your own mortgage and healthcare. Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. Then, and only then, will we have a return to civility in this country.

#84 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Ben

Posted without comment...

#85 tq2000

tq2000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:boats and bourbon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Who is "the left"?

Here's the difference. Liberals seek to codify and institutionalize their bigotry (affirmative action, race-norming, contraceptive "rights"), their collective thievery (entitlements), their contempt for individualism and contempt for the Constitution which is re-cast as "outmoded" or at least a "flexible document". Collective rights replace individual rights. Liberals categorize people into groups in order to subjugate and enlist the balkanized masses in a grand collective cause. Government grows on a system of racial spoils and entitlements, in order to right past "wrongs". Liberals seek to impose through the power of the state their will on others and live at the expense of others on the ethic of "diversity" and "fairness", all arbitrated, of course, by the master bureaucrats and politicians who know what is best for us all. We surrender our God-given rights to the State which replaces them with newly-defined "positive" rights, rights to healthcare, or housing ad nauseam, all on someone else's dime. Natural rights (those which our founders believed came from God) are replaced by rights granted by the State and our elitist wise elders, which we point out, can always then be modified or removed as suits the current need. A demand (free) economy is supplanted by a command economy (not free). Our commanders and masters of taxation / confiscation know, of course, better how the fruits of one's labor should be allocated than then marketplace. The chaotic collective wisdom of democracy and capitalism is replaced to achieve equal outcomes, and free speech is replaced by that which is politically correct speech. So we get a "fairness doctrine". Some speech is preferred, after all. Who is the Left, you ask? Really?

Hate speech is now defined for us as opposition to the new collective. So, when I or Rush or Breitbart or any other conservative or "Tea Bagger" dares to resist the expansion of government power, if we object to the intrusion of government into our economic or democratic lives (carbon regulations, card-check, NLRB rules, right to work), or if we complain about increasing debt and taxation and spending to serve these collective ends and insatiable appetite of the collective, WE are branded as racists, as bigots, as unfair, immoral and especially selfish. The crime victim becomes the criminal in the world of the liberal and is branded a hater or bigot for daring to question the march to a "progressive" future. Rage against the machine and the rage is singled out as the offense.

50% of people in this country now pay no federal income taxes. Obama wants to increase that percentage by taxing the "rich". Where do you want that number? 60%? 70%? What will you do when there is no one left to pay the bills? What will you say when the majority of people who vote are dependent for their jobs and welfare on the US treasury. What do you suppose that will do (is doing) to our democracy? Our founders told us, but do we listen to their wisdom? Ben Franklin: "Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?" "A Republic, if you can keep it." Well, sorry Ben, we couldn't keep it. We tried but they called us haters and bigots and assholes for trying.

Breitbart was a warrior and his rhetoric was sometimes angry. His anger was justified. He fought for freedom. You want civil discourse, less "hate speech"? Leave others alone. Respect the Constitution. You want a new tone of civility and harmony, then keep your hands to yourself. Don't expect me or Breitbart or anyone else in this country to pay your way. Buy your own goddamn condoms. Pay for your own mortgage and healthcare. Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. Then, and only then, will we have a return to civility in this country.

It is like Ayn Rand dropped acid, fell down some stairs, suffered a TBI, and then discovered the Internet. Fascinating.

#86 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,088 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Ben

Unless that want to be. Which of course is their own business.

Posted Image

#87 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,088 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Who is "the left"?

Carl??

#88 One of Five

One of Five

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,433 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

It is like Ayn Rand dropped acid, fell down some stairs, suffered a TBI, and then discovered the Internet. Fascinating.

Why do you always have to bring her name up??

Its not like she's a Reverend Wright type..

Carl??

That's what I was thinking - his sentence structure is too good.

#89 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Here's the difference. Liberals seek to codify and institutionalize their bigotry (affirmative action, race-norming, contraceptive "rights"), their collective thievery (entitlements), their contempt for individualism and contempt for the Constitution which is re-cast as "outmoded" or at least a "flexible document". Collective rights replace individual rights. Blah, blah, blah...

Yeah, somehow I think we knew there would be a critical "difference"... So, then, "Conservatives see people as individuals...", EXCEPT when they're talking about "Liberals", "Collectivists", or "The Left"... OK, got it...

If I had to define my inclinations politically, I would say "independent, trending slightly left of center"... To you, of course, that would make me likely a "Commie" (I reside in the Commie state of NJ, after all), or a "Statist", "Socialist", or at the very least a "Liberal"... In other words, I no doubt subscribe to every belief you outline in yet another of your unbalanced, hysterical screeds... Yup, that's the pathway towards "civility", alright...

You've nailed it yet again, but how did you know I just happen to use a doormat with a depiction of the Constitution on it?

Don't expect me or Breitbart or anyone else in this country to pay your way. Buy your own goddamn condoms....

Aw, shit... Does this mean B.J. Porter still has to buy his own beer?

#90 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Rot in hell.

And here, all this time, I thought you were merely an idiot...

Thanks for the clarification...

#91 NGS

NGS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Here's the difference. Liberals seek to codify and institutionalize their bigotry (affirmative action, race-norming, contraceptive "rights"), their collective thievery (entitlements), their contempt for individualism and contempt for the Constitution which is re-cast as "outmoded" or at least a "flexible document". Collective rights replace individual rights. Blah, blah, blah...

Yeah, somehow I think we knew there would be a critical "difference"... So, then, "Conservatives see people as individuals...", EXCEPT when they're talking about "Liberals", "Collectivists", or "The Left"... OK, got it...

If I had to define my inclinations politically, I would say "independent, trending slightly left of center"... To you, of course, that would make me likely a "Commie" (I reside in the Commie state of NJ, after all), or a "Statist", "Socialist", or at the very least a "Liberal"... In other words, I no doubt subscribe to every belief you outline in yet another of your unbalanced, hysterical screeds... Yup, that's the pathway towards "civility", alright...

You've nailed it yet again, but how did you know I just happen to use a doormat with a depiction of the Constitution on it?

Don't expect me or Breitbart or anyone else in this country to pay your way. Buy your own goddamn condoms....

Aw, shit... Does this mean B.J. Porter still has to buy his own beer?

Yep. But I might pour one for him sometime. There is a difference, some of us were once taught, between giving and taking.

#92 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,329 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

+1

Carly's writing could have been a Snaggy type of practice. I think JT mentioned that at some point.

#93 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Who is "the left"?

There is a very important distinction that keeps right on flying over your head. I do not call you a bigot based upon your arguments against the political ideology of Liberalism. I call you a bigot based upon your claims that Liberals all share flaws in character.

I have never seen you exercise anything remotely close to racism, and can safely assume you are not a racist. That being said, an example of racial bigotry should resonate:

Making the claim that affirmative action is wrong is not bigotry.

Posting news accounts of blacks committing crimes to support a position that black people are bad is bigotry.

Making the generalization that "The left had a chance to prove Andrew Breitbart wrong today" and didn't, is bigotry. Your rant on the differences in political ideologies is not even on the same page. It's not a defense.

Ben

Repeated just in case you missed it:

I do not call you a bigot based upon your arguments against the political ideology of Liberalism.
I do not call you a racist. I used a racist example because you are not.

I do not call you a bigot based upon your arguments against the political ideology of Liberalism.
I do not call you a racist. I used a racist example because you are not.

#94 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

Ben

Ben

My point is that it is delusional to believe that this practice of dancing on graves is ONLY perpetrated by The Left. Just because you want to present every case of it coming from The Left while ignoring all the cases of it coming from The Right is not an argument.

Moreover, I'd also argue that "playing the victim" is not something that is only perpetrated by The Right. Granted you and Nanny make it a tough argument sometimes.

Ben

I never said it was limited to the left ANYONE bashing someone on the day they died is about as low as it gets - The fact that Breitbart did the same thing to Ted Kennedy is just as repulsive to me as the attacks on him. My point with Tony Snow was there was no such history with Tony acting like a jerk, yet the left went after him with a vengeance I felt that fulfilled your request for picking a true victim of baseless attacks. While I find the attacks on anyone that just died repulsive I can understand the "well Breitbart pulled the same shit so all is fair" attitude.

#95 tq2000

tq2000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:boats and bourbon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Why do you always have to bring her name up??

Its not like she's a Reverend Wright type..

Carl??

meh, I could not even come up with a good reason for posting here.

#96 mr_fabulous

mr_fabulous

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Who is "the left"?

Somebody should call a Waaaaahmbulance....

#97 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

What I'd like to know, is when the hell does he find the time for the Practice of Medicine...?

And, doesn't his "Staff" - while burdened with the chore of processing all those Medicaid/Medicare claims and whatnot - get in the slightest bit annoyed, that he spends so much of his precious time posting here?

#98 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,461 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

What I'd like to know, is when the hell does he find the time for the Practice of Medicine...?

And, doesn't his "Staff" - while burdened with the chore of processing all those Medicaid/Medicare claims and whatnot - get in the slightest bit annoyed, that he spends so much of his precious time posting here?

Picture his elderly patient in an exam robe, sitting on the edge of a cold exam table with his feet dangling a foot off the ground, waiting for Dr. Jellyfinger to finish his PA post in his office before angrily returning for the prostate exam.

#99 RumBulls

RumBulls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts
  • Interests:Was J24s
    Now is Olson30s

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I don't need any excuses. Treat me the way you want to be treated, speak to me the way you want to be spoken to.

So Andrew Brietbart treated you poorly?

#100 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Picture his elderly patient in an exam robe, sitting on the edge of a cold exam table with his feet dangling a foot off the ground, waiting for Dr. Jellyfinger to finish his PA post in his office before angrily returning for the prostate exam.

I would guess that the "K, I," and comma key don't smell that great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users