19 replies to this topic

#1 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

OK, who's coming? I'll buy the first round.

#2 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,139 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

OK, who's coming? I'll buy the first round.

I'm clewless Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Sept 21 to 23......

#4 Shut Up & Drive

Shut Up & Drive

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Where?

#5 Kmag

Kmag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Surfing, Snowboarding

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I was sailing Vipers and it there were some big puffs rolling through. Only four Vipers went out... Looking forward to North Americans!

#6 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

The plan is South Bay. Still working on the details with CYC.
One proposal is to do one day closer to downtown San Diego up by Harbor Island right in front of the head office of Flying Tiger Boats.......

#7 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,139 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

The plan is South Bay. Still working on the details with CYC.
One proposal is to do one day closer to downtown San Diego up by Harbor Island right in front of the head office of Flying Tiger Boats.......

Having watched what i did this Sunday, I Say "DO IT"

No Really DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

For the teams planning to come -- make sure you book your lodging early. Same weekend as Fleet Week and North Island Speed Festival.
https://sites.google...-official-hotel

#9 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Bump
Working on getting charter boats in case some want to arrive and drive.
Also looking to see if any out of town teams need help in logistics....trailers, delivery, storage, launching.
Lemme know!

Remember --- this is a 3 day event, no drops!

#10 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Bump
Working on getting charter boats in case some want to arrive and drive.
Also looking to see if any out of town teams need help in logistics....trailers, delivery, storage, launching.
Lemme know!

Remember --- this is a 3 day event, no drops!

Thanks for working so hard on this. Me and my team are very interested in coming... but would need a charter boat. The math just does not work to drive it 2200 miles...each way. A couple of questions... what will the crew weight be for the regatta? Will there be a weigh in? What do you see the extra expenses being such as docking, entry fee, party passes, etc? Will the boats be "weighed in" and measured along with the sails?

Thanks!

Doug

#11 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Doug,
Will work with Tom to figure out the charter situation.
Still working through the details with the club on entry fees etc since this will be part of the CYC Sport Boat Regatta(see the post under Sportboat Anarchy).
There will be docking as well as hoist launching available at no charge at CYC over the race weekend. For those who need dry sail storage prior or post regatta, those are available at CYC to visiting valid YC members (guest fee -- pls contact CYC directly). Other options also exist (contact me)

We will of course be racing per the most recent edition of class rules (i.e. 1350 lbs). CYC juniors available to get you the last 50 lbs.....

C

#12 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Doug,
Will work with Tom to figure out the charter situation.
Still working through the details with the club on entry fees etc since this will be part of the CYC Sport Boat Regatta(see the post under Sportboat Anarchy).
There will be docking as well as hoist launching available at no charge at CYC over the race weekend. For those who need dry sail storage prior or post regatta, those are available at CYC to visiting valid YC members (guest fee -- pls contact CYC directly). Other options also exist (contact me)

We will of course be racing per the most recent edition of class rules (i.e. 1350 lbs). CYC juniors available to get you the last 50 lbs.....

C

Please contact me through direct messaging with any question regarding the CYC Fall Sport Boat Regatta and/or support from CYC. Our staff at the club is great, but they don't always have the details you really need. I'm going to be running the regatta, so the buck stops with me. I am negotiating with our Board and our Port Captain regarding wet/dry berthing, hoist use for boat weigh in, etc. I will publish a FAQ about dealing with our club ASAP.

FYI, the reason there has to be "negotiations" with the Port Captain is because Flying Tigers have been left at our guest dock without permission for days after a regatta 4 times in the last two years and our Board of Directors and Port Captain are sick of it. It turns out it is the owner of one unnamed rigging company who has been blowing off his resposiblities to move the boats on time. He, and his guys, will likely not be welcome on site during the regatta. Let's not let this one bad apple ruin it for everyone.

CYCSailor

#13 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Need input from the Fleet on the Flying Tiger Nationals at the Coronado Yacht Club Fall Sport Boat Regatta. My goal is for all the sport boat crews who come to the regatta to have fun, but my focus is to ensure a fun and fair competition for the Flying Tiger NA's. I will likely start the Moths first as they will not cause any wind shadow problems for the Tigers in the second start. 2 to three more starts will follow for each race, possibly including a mixed PHRF fleet.

First, how many Tigers are thinking seriously about coming. I'll trying to get a feel for the numbers. Please speak up and let me know if you are coming.

Second, if you have any concerns, recommendations, etc. let me know here.

CYCSailor

#14 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

It was just a formality, but the Coronado Yacht Club last night approved the Flying Tiger 10 association's written request that CYC host the FT10 North American Championships on 21-23 September 2012.

Lets go racing!

CYCSailor

#15 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Is there a better club than the CYC ? That place rocks.

#16 Bulga Naba

Bulga Naba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

It truly is the best club for racing Tigers. I hope they will forgive our past transgressions and we will all be on our best behaviour.

To show our appreciation - how about every participating boat agrees to take one junior out every day of racing and we agree that they don't count toward the weight limit? (So long as all jhuniors weigh between let's say 80 and 130 lbs or some such thing)

#17 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'll take a look at the local juniors regatta calendar for that weekend and see if the San Diego area juniors might be available.

CYCSailor

It truly is the best club for racing Tigers. I hope they will forgive our past transgressions and we will all be on our best behaviour.

To show our appreciation - how about every participating boat agrees to take one junior out every day of racing and we agree that they don't count toward the weight limit? (So long as all jhuniors weigh between let's say 80 and 130 lbs or some such thing)

#18 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

https://sites.google...canchampionship

#19 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

OK - 3 months to go!

Just in case you have not heard - we will have 2 charter boats here just in case some of you want to fly and drive.....

Out of towners -- I have a block of rooms reserved, PM me if you have trouble getting hotel rooms.

Clew

#20 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

FYI, FT-10 NA competitors. The CYC Race Committee Chairman, Fred Hawes, has taken over from me to run the NA's and the CYC Fall Sport Boat Regatta. He will do a good job for you. I expect the NOR to be out in days.

CYCSailor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users