#3 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,342 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Driving in the icy mush vs the clean tracked out stuff they were in trouble the second they changed lanes.

#4 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,429 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Should have pulled ALL the way off the road before stopping.

#5 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,342 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

I bet the delivery truck guy needs a fresh a fresh pair of shorts. From the looks of it he had some weight in the truck and that probably saved his ass. Gave him enough mass to take the hit and enough traction to get the truck pointed away from oncoming traffic. The CUV looks like it exploded into a million pieces doubt the passengers survived. Man shit can go pear shaped fast ehh?

#6 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

people with SUVs underestimate ice. seen it a million times, 4wd does nothing to help on the stuff.

#7 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Not dying.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'm having serious doubts that anyone in that Suburbany thingy survived that one.......

#8 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

DTS for sure

#9 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

DTS for sure

So what caused that to happen? Open rear end, hits the gas too hard, one rear tire spins, the other jumps in to compensate, left-right-left?....

#10 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

So much for crumple zones that keep the occupants safe. The SUV just disintegrated.

Ferk. Hope they died quickly.

#11 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,429 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

I think the first thing that happened is the brake light came on. Rears locked up?

Then, got scared and stomped harder on the brake?

My WAG.

#12 Cavandish

Cavandish

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

going to guess he caught some bad air off the box truck, started to wiggle a little bit and rather than keeping a light hand on the wheel he braked. Then discovered the snow in the median actually offered better traction that doesn't help so much when it is only on one side. The guy in the box truck handled it like a pro, but will likely face disciplinary actions and massive insurance penalties when he gets back to work, unless he can get a copy of this video.

#13 Ajax

Ajax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,704 posts
  • Interests:It's Obvious!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Do you think it'll buff out?Posted Image

#14 huckster_one

huckster_one

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

HOLY SHIT!

#15 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

that has Arizona written all over it... no salt

#16 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

DTS for sure

So what caused that to happen? Open rear end, hits the gas too hard, one rear tire spins, the other jumps in to compensate, left-right-left?....

texting . . . <_<

#17 Cavandish

Cavandish

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

that has Arizona written all over it... no salt

Same up in Alaska, tons of gravel, but no salt.

Generally far more snow here in upstate NY, but damn it, the road crews are actually very good and salt the fuck out of it.

That road didn't look all that bad, operator error.

#18 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • Interests:Thistle #3130

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

Looked like a minivan to me. Poor bastards were probably spoon jobs. And I'll bet the brakes were locked solid.

#19 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

the behaviour of the vehicles suggest a lot of ice. it appears the suv started slightly losing it, drifted to his left, then the driver both hit the brakes and over compensated in an attempt bring it back, this is when he swung over and hit the box truck.

#20 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

the behaviour of the vehicles suggest a lot of ice. it appears the suv started slightly losing it, drifted to his left, then the driver both hit the brakes and over compensated in an attempt bring it back, this is when he swung over and hit the box truck.

Lift off, but don't brake. Operator error - which is truly too bad 'cause I can't see anyone surviving that. It looked like the semi rolled over what didn't explode.

#21 Ripper

Ripper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

Notice the delivery truck clip the inbound car? Makes me wonder what happened behind the scene.

Sick inquisitive fuck that I am...

#22 Peragrin

Peragrin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

people with SUVs underestimate ice. seen it a million times, 4wd does nothing to help on the stuff.

people with SUV's underestimate physics. Just because you have 4WD and can get going up to 60MPH doesn't mean you can STOP going 60MPH. Most people don't realize accelerating forward has no bearing on ones ability to decelerate back down.

Fortunately high gas prices is driving down SUV sales. Slowly.

#23 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

people with SUV's underestimate physics. Just because you have 4WD and can get going up to 60MPH doesn't mean you can STOP going 60MPH. Most people don't realize accelerating forward has no bearing on ones ability to decelerate back down.

they have this notion 4wd gets them better grippage. which it does on snow, ice not so much.

#24 Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Interests:N/A

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Please tell me this was some computer geek's final exam in CGI animation.

Please.

#25 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Slush at the centerline started sucking the car over.
Numb nuts over corrected, bounced of the cube, and discovered what k=1/2mv^2 means.

No need for salt, looks like the road was warm, everything is slushy so it wouldn't have done any good anyways. Learning how to drive in shit would've done that person more good than anything. It's a skill set, and one you lose pretty quickly if not maintained. It's funny, but here at the first sign of a snowflake people have to re-learn that shit. At the end of a long snowy winter, people drive through snow like it isn't there and the statistics don't change much, they just learn to handle it.

#26 KRC

KRC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

DTS for sure

texting . . . <_<

That was my guess...One hand on the wheel, one hand up to the ear with the cell phone while trying to drink their Starbux. Natural selection at work.

Only way to get out of a fishtail like that is to point the wheels where you want to go and keep your feet off the pedals.

#27 jerseyguy

jerseyguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

they have this notion 4wd gets them better grippage. which it does on snow, ice not so much.

Back in the day when I drove Audi Quattros I was at the dealership for something or other. Went back to the service department to talk to my favorite tech. Noticed a whole bunch of quattros up on lifts. Thought it a bit unusual. Tech said-you Q drivers all think that because you can go better than anyone else on bad roads you can stop better as well. Doesn't work that way.

#28 bplipschitz

bplipschitz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Being a winter driver myself, and having learned it all in Wisconsin (and having had that same exact thing happen to me, minus the semi and the carnage), the vehicle had no weight in the back. In my case it was a Jeep Cherokee (no weight in back), hit a bit of slush with right front tire, and things started going nonlinear. Fortunately, I knew to take feet off the pedals and concentrate on correcting just enough to straighten back out. After about ~800 yards thing calmed down. Asshole in the Hummer behind me who was tailgating backed *way* the fuck off after that.

Since then, whether the jeep or the truck, 500 lbs goes in the back of the vehicle at the slightest hint of crappy weather, and doesn't come out until May.

It's 50:50 training and luck. I got lucky, but also "trained" pretty well as a youth doing silly things in parking lots with cars and trucks in winter. If you haven't done any of that, you're down 50% to start with. That video is bad situation for all involved, and it happens way too often.

#29 view at the front

view at the front

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

When you hit the brakes with the steering wheel turned (or with uneven traction) three things can happen... and two of them are bad, very bad.

I took an open wheel driving course and they said: Pretend that there is a string that goes from the steering wheel to your right foot. If you turn the wheel, it will lift your foot off the pedals.. all the pedals. Good advice.

#30 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

You do not want to lift your foot off the pedals. Who ever told you that was lying. You want to keep your power as close to neutral as possible. With one of those wacky auto shifters you're going to want to keep a smidgen of power in to keep engine braking at bay. With a manual transmission, you can push in the clutch, which has the added bonus of almost instant power if you need it.

#31 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

You do not want to lift your foot off the pedals. Who ever told you that was lying. You want to keep your power as close to neutral as possible. With one of those wacky auto shifters you're going to want to keep a smidgen of power in to keep engine braking at bay. With a manual transmission, you can push in the clutch, which has the added bonus of almost instant power if you need it.

You're right that you keep _some_ power to the drive wheels, but pushing in the clutch is the second worst thing to touching the brakes.

#32 v21sailor

v21sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Who drives around with a camera on the dash? Was that a cop? I didn't see any time stamps.

#33 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

You're right that you keep _some_ power to the drive wheels, but pushing in the clutch is the second worst thing to touching the brakes.

No, its the closest thing you can get to getting the wheels to completely neutral, and maintaining ground speed.

#34 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

I would think (which is to say, I've found) that it makes a difference whether it's front wheel or rear wheel drive. Let off slightly but not a lot, if a sternwheeler; give a slight bit of tug forward if front wheel drive. Aim wheel toward where you want to be, or toward something soft.

One time (circa 1985) I was driving way too friggin' fast in maybe 6" of virgin snow and my '73 Subaru started getting a little squirrelly and I let off the gas all at once. Standard shift. The car did an immediate 180, leaving me going backward at around 45 mph. I coasted to a stop, turned around, and drove slower for the rest if the day. I-95 near Chester, PA.

#35 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Holy shit....

#36 luminary

luminary

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

merde.

So why was they guy filming?? I'd say because the SUV had already given him some cause for concern and the cinematographer sensed impending caos. Notice the sensible following distance.

Number one cause in my view is driver in-attention.
two, got too far to the left and into the slush

f.ing horrendous for the oncoming traffic.

#37 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

the cam was on a police car.

#38 Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've noticed that quite a lot of taxis here are running video cams, some front and rear. I guess they are looping the memory so if there is an accident they can press save and the last 30 mins of video is saved. I expect it helps in insurance claims and "he said/she said" cases.

A horrible accident, the tanker driver is going to have some scars for a while.

Mucking around in ice or snow on an empty parking lot is a great investment in keeping yourself alive.

#39 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

#40 gybe-ho!

gybe-ho!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Phuck! :o

#41 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Knarly.

These vids are making my case for keeping it slow in the right lane.

#42 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Knarly.

Yups. It took me about 38 years but I eventually realized one evening that I was not immortal.....

#43 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

Knarly.

Yups. It took me about 38 years but I eventually realized one evening that I was not immortal.....

38 years to learn...two beers to forget

#44 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

I've noticed that quite a lot of taxis here are running video cams, some front and rear. I guess they are looping the memory so if there is an accident they can press save and the last 30 mins of video is saved. I expect it helps in insurance claims and "he said/she said" cases.

I run that style of camera set up. Records on a 45 minute loop. Video gets saved if I tell it to, or if an inertial switch gets tripped (collision). The $200 I spent paid for itself as soon as I T-boned a little Pontiac Vibe that blew clean through a stop sign. The chick lied her ass off. I quietly sat there 'til she was done. Then I offered the video to the cop. It's also kind of fun to record some off-roading antics. In this day and age of lawsuit driven greed, it's not a bad thing to have.

#45 ibcrewin

ibcrewin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Interests:4.875% fixed

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Holy mother fucking shit. The SUV blew up.

#46 ibcrewin

ibcrewin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Phuck! :o

It's crazy, stuff like this seems so random. One minute you're just driving down the road, really just minding your business then, WHAM, A fucking car is going through your windshield. Unreal.

#47 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

What is the deal in that second video? Another car going the wrong way on the interstate?

Sweet baby jeebus, that's kinda scary. Absolutely nothing you can do about that shit. You're just F'd.

A couple of years ago I was driving out to Wyoming to go snowmobiling. It was sometime around 2am, and we're just poking down I-90 in the right lane through South Dakota. A car went wizzing past us in the opposite direction in the other lane. It wasn't until it was past us that all three of us in the pickup realized what had happened.

#48 supine

supine

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

What is the deal in that second video? Another car going the wrong way on the interstate?

From the video's Youtube page...

This crash was apparently caused by a driver in a white Hyundai Azera, who is believed to have blacked out after hitting a car in another accident which happened off camera.

The unconscious driver's car then continued down a hill onto the highway where it ploughed into the truck.

Three people in the Azera died, while the truck driver was left in critical condition and a couple inside the car with the dashboard camera both suffered minor injuries.

On that note, anyone got the story from the first video? I presume all in the SUV were DAS?

#49 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

On that note, anyone got the story from the first video? I presume all in the SUV were DAS?

The truck rolled over whatever was left of the SUV.

#50 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

No, its the closest thing you can get to getting the wheels to completely neutral, and maintaining ground speed.

When one set of wheels is in the slush and the other set isn't you still want _some_ power to the drive wheels or you'll pull in the direction of the slush and spin. In that scenario a clutch would not be your friend.

#51 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I run that style of camera set up. Records on a 45 minute loop. Video gets saved if I tell it to, or if an inertial switch gets tripped (collision). The $200 I spent paid for itself...

Make, model?

Tnx.

#52 supine

supine

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

The truck rolled over whatever was left of the SUV.

The two pieces that weren't vapourised on impact.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/russiacrash.asp

According to an article in the Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda (as best we can make out through translation software), the accident shown in the video clip linked above took place on 24 February 2012 on the M-7 Highway in Russia. As described by the news account, a 32-year-old Moscow resident named Alexander (no last name given) lost control of his Nissan Navara, collided with another vehicle, and then drifted into an oncoming traffic lane where he was hit head-on by a Freightliner big rig. The driver of the Nissan was killed, and the driver of the big rig suffered moderate injuries.

The particular stretch of road where this collision took place has apparently been site of several deadly accidents in recent years, including a 2009 bus crash that killed 12 passengers and a 2007 automobile accident that took the life of Russian actor Aleksandr Dedjushko, his wife, and his son.

#53 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

It's crazy, stuff like this seems so random. One minute you're just driving down the road, really just minding your business then, WHAM, A fucking car is going through your windshield. Unreal.

That truly sucketh. Imagine if the driver with the cam hadn't had so much as those few seconds time to brake hard, prior to impact.

That's the thing a lot of the kids today (and some adults both young & older) just won't absorb regarding shit like texting on the road.... even if they aren't involved primarily in an accident, the ability to react to and possibly mitigate further involvement is forfeited.

Self-preservation, or even just a fleeting chance of beating some bad odds, demands active situational awareness.

#54 Touch of Gray

Touch of Gray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Interests:SA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

IMHO a large number of snow related spin outs or off raod excursions are due to "hooking" the front tire in the berm and then if they haven't been pitched left or right immediately, trying to get out of this jam by braking. As the saying goes, AMF. Last winter saw a classic. Old couple in a Prius at Yosemite. They had chains on the front (good). But they were running a little too slow so passed them. Coming back down there's a slow down and flashing lights. It's the Prius in the ditch on his right. Simply hooked it in and wasn't able to drive it out, or didn't try. With chains no less!!

Years back (isn't it always that way for me), I had a 240Z that I drove regularly winter or summer and to the hills to ski. For winter driving I equipped it with studs front and rear and felt pretty secure in the mountains. (As an aside, studs made the handing shitty as hell on wet or dry). One time coming back down I was preoccupied and drifted into the berm on the right. Was damn scary, but applied power and a little left wheel and was able to drive it out. The guardrail was headed my way!

TOG

#55 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

That's the thing a lot of the kids today (and some adults both young & older) just won't absorb regarding shit like texting on the road.... even if they aren't involved primarily in an accident, the ability to react to and possibly mitigate further involvement is forfeited.

I'd never been in California as an adult prior to last summer. I never understood why people raise a stink about cell phones, or texting while driving until I was out there. Holy mother of god, shit is happening out there. Six lanes, bumper to bumper, and 80mph. I wasn't a fan of blinking.

Here? You could probably hand me a cell phone, a twelve pack, and a blind fold, and I still won't hit anything.

#56 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

I run that style of camera set up. Records on a 45 minute loop. Video gets saved if I tell it to, or if an inertial switch gets tripped (collision). The $200 I spent paid for itself...

Make, model?

Tnx.

Mine's an older generation model that's pretty similar to this one. The GPS function was only available on the high end model when I bought mine from these guys, so I don't have that. I also went the route of hard wiring it to the fuse box.

Considering the cost of a lawsuit or even the premium hikes if you're found at fault for an accident, it makes for a cheap way to cover your ass. (not to mention the YouTube footage you come up with)

#57 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

I could see that. My last one was this guy on a motorcycle trying, unbeknownst to me, to pass on the shoulder at speed while I turned my car + boat in tow into a driveway. He hit the C-pillar, spilled, and got pinned by the trailer by the time I rolled to a stop. Guy got a nice helicopter ride out of it.

A side view cam would have been interesting. Fucker totaled a 4 y/o car. Kind of why I don't mind sharing films like this one once in a while.

#58 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Considering the cost of a lawsuit or even the premium hikes if you're found at fault for an accident, it makes for a cheap way to cover your ass. (not to mention the YouTube footage you come up with)

This was in the news not too long ago. Turns out there were _allegedly_ a bunch of auto body shops and a couple of lawyers in on it.

Backing up on highway to initiate a collision.

#59 ibcrewin

ibcrewin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

I could see that. My last one was this guy on a motorcycle trying, unbeknownst to me, to pass on the shoulder at speed while I turned my car + boat in tow into a driveway. He hit the C-pillar, spilled, and got pinned by the trailer by the time I rolled to a stop. Guy got a nice helicopter ride out of it.

A side view cam would have been interesting. Fucker totaled a 4 y/o car. Kind of why I don't mind sharing films like this one once in a while.

Holy car wreck montage! Crazy how fucked things can be. Some drunk driver spun out and crashed the telephone pole out in front of my house one night. The pole hit the driver side passenger car and folded the car in two. He walked away (appropriately in handcuffs). If he hit the pole 3ft fwd of that, he would have left is face on that pole.

#60 bsainsbury

bsainsbury

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Sail boating

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Wow, that was crazy.

Is it real?

#61 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Some real but some taken form the Australian road safety campaign in Victoria. Very graphic ads but the one of the girl texting and driving then killing her friend does hit home

#62 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

There are some actual traffic camera shots (seen in other YouTube postings), some video that looks as if it could be raw news tapes or departmental footage (?), and bits from public service announcements such as mentioned above, and this one.

#63 Jason AUS

Jason AUS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Fucking hell. Poor bastards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users