99 replies to this topic

#1 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

so I was walking my dog when this car passes us on a street I regularly walk down. loud thumping music. I knew then something wasnt right, loud music is a no no in my city. the car stops and backs up to me. a few minutes before a few guys walked passed me, clearly drunk. the car the pulls away to the other group then some darkie jumps out and points a gun at the guys and I can clearly hear the darkie say, give me your money. a scuffle ensued by this time I was maybe a 100 yards away. after a minute or two the darkie infested car pulls away. I didnt have my cell on me or I would have called the police. it was almost me that got robbed. time for a ccw me thinks.

#2 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

so I was walking my dog when this car passes us on a street I regularly walk down. loud thumping music. I knew then something wasnt right, loud music is a no no in my city. the car stops and backs up to me. a few minutes before a few guys walked passed me, clearly drunk. the car the pulls away to the other group then some darkie jumps out and points a gun at the guys and I can clearly hear the darkie say, give me your money. a scuffle ensued by this time I was maybe a 100 yards away. after a minute or two the darkie infested car pulls away. I didnt have my cell on me or I would have called the police. it was almost me that got robbed. time for a ccw me thinks.

Darkie?

Fuck off troll

#3 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Darkie?

Fuck off troll

ummm, no troll. aaahhh, nice to see you jump on that and not the fact I was almost violently robbed though. shows me where your mind is, more inclined for politically correctness than acts of violence.

#4 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Darkie?

Fuck off troll

ummm, no troll. aaahhh, nice to see you jump on that and not the fact I was almost violently robbed though. shows me where your mind is, more inclined for politically correctness than acts of violence.

1. I don't give a fuck about you and whether or not you are robbed
2. You weren't almost robbed. A car slowed down near you. Scary stuff there. Someone was obviously looking for a specific group of people and you just happened to be near by. Pussy
3. Political correctness is not what is happening. Your ignorance was called out. Thats what happened.

BTW what good is a ccw for you, when you don't even know how to manage a cell phone?

#5 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Darkie?

Fuck off troll

1. I don't give a fuck about you and whether or not you are robbed
2. You weren't almost robbed. A car slowed down near you. Scary stuff there. Someone was obviously looking for a specific group of people and you just happened to be near by. Pussy
3. Political correctness is not what is happening. Your ignorance was called out. Thats what happened.

BTW what good is a ccw for you, when you don't even know how to manage a cell phone?

no, dumb dumb. they were looking for easy targets to rob. yes, I was almost robbed. and would have been hadnt there been easier targets up the street. this is actually somewhat common in urban areas. other than being entirely incorrect, great point.

you may want to look up the term "ignorance" before using it.

in fact, if you read my story, I didnt have my cell. so your reading comprehension is clearly substandard. again, please review the term "ignorance". or just no long use words more than a single syllable.

edit: let me help you with that.

ig·no·rance   [ig-ner-uhns] Show IPA
noun
the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

nothing in my original post is "ignorant". quite the contrary. communities like mine have been suffering these kinds of crimes, theyre coming in from the ghetto and looking for easy targets, the loud music was a dead giveaway that something wasnt right, as I stated. they drunk guys were easier targets as they could barely walk down the street, also they were dressed like they were out, me, I not only had my dog which may have frightened, but was wearing sweatpants. nothing about me said I had ant money on me.

so bitch all you want, and focus on me using the term darkie. but yes, ignore violent crime committed by your beloved afro-americans.

and yes, it was political correctness.

#6 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,683 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Infested?

#7 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Are you Stephen C. Foster's mom?
Are you drunk?
Were you walking by the Davis Pub in Eastport?
Why would you drink CCW?

#8 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

No doubt those in the car were looking for an easy victim or two...

If not for the more likely victims...this could've turned out quite differently.

To bad that your neighborhood has become the target of such risque robberies...

Typically many newspapers will not divulge racial identities for a reason....it would be prudent to follow suit.

Perhaps it time to move a bit further out to to a safer neighborhood in the suburbs where this thuggery isn't as prevalent.

#9 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

I not only had my dog which may have frightened, but was wearing sweatpants.

Who is going to fuck with a guy with a frightened dog wearing sweatpants?

#10 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I not only had my dog which may have frightened, but was wearing sweatpants.

Who is going to fuck with a guy with a frightened dog wearing sweatpants?

Posted Image
This is his dog,,,

#11 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

No doubt those in the car were looking for an easy victim or two...

If not for the more likely victims...this could've turned out quite differently.

To bad that your neighborhood has become the target of such risque robberies...

Typically many newspapers will not divulge racial identities for a reason....it would be prudent to follow suit.

Perhaps it time to move a bit further out to to a safer neighborhood in the suburbs where this thuggery isn't as prevalent.

+1.

a few days ago a couple of teenage girls were robbed in the same manner. its pretty problematic here.

I used to live further out, but after the divorce thought Id try the urban life for a while. I live a block from cleveland. they come in from there. this used to be a lovely community. my family roots go back generations in this city. to the 1870s I think.

and no, I wasnt drunk, am now though. st pattys day. bars opened early.

#12 tq2000

tq2000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:boats and bourbon

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

what color was the car?

#13 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Not dying.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

what color was the car?

My guess? Metallic purple..... :lol:

#14 tq2000

tq2000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:boats and bourbon

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

what color was the car?

That makes sense.

#15 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

what color was the car?

My wife brought her latest car home at night...checked it out under the flood lights..."what color is it",I asked...."plum",she replied.

She recently asked,"Why won't you ride in my car?"....

Meanwhile black,gray and white are gaining ground on silver as most popular car color in U.S....

#16 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

I love the politically correct folk, your intolerance comes disguised as tolerance.

#17 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Looks like I was wrong.... :blink:

In the United States, 20% of new car sales were white last year, 17% black and silver, 13% blue and 12% grey. Black is gaining in popularity as are purple and orange, although for different reasons.

Popular Car Colors for 2011

#18 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Wuz you walkin down by de ribbah, gwine to see de ol folks at home ? :P

#19 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

You're lucky you hid your fried chicken and watermelon, they will stop at nothing once they smell those. And marihuana, too.

#20 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,325 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I used to live further out, but after the divorce thought Id try the urban life for a while.

You should probably move out to the country where the darkies fear to tread.

#21 Owen

Owen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Dude, I'm not too shocked by your remarkably outdated and unfunny racist lingo...

but I think you may be waving a red (stars and bars?) flag in the fiery eyes of fate as far as your ex-wife's next boyfriend choice.

#22 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Did you get a license plate # and call it in when you got back home?

#23 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Dumbass forgets his cell phone at home, but thinks he will remember the gun the next time.

#24 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

I guess I'll never understand the desire or need to be deliberately insulting or unkind verbally or in writing to anyone you don't know. So much lack of basic human respect is disguised as "I'm so cool because I ignore political correctness. I'm a rebel." When it's really simply unkind and un-necessary.

I don't get it.

#25 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

Point Break I've met more then a few people over the years who don't understand the term PC or Politically Correct.Not everyone reads the newspaper,watches TV or has a computer.Even when they have,I've met people who thought they were being correct in polite company by using numerous different terms ...thinking this was the polite thing to say and were quite naive to latest PC definitions.Not everyone was raised in the same environment.

You say you spent time in the service,where you probably met people from all over the nation and many walks of life.I'm sure that you were enlightened by a broad spectrum of terminology and names when you were in the service.In such light I find your stance on the matter to be a little on the hypocritical bent.Not everyone works in the same "modern" environment that you do,where you have classes which cover such topics.

I was raised in an environment where my parents did their best to be PC on all such pertinent matters.Boy howdy did I find out in the service,how un-PC they were in some terminology when compared from west to east to mid-west to southern to California lingo.Not everyone was in the service back in the day,and had the Salt and Pepper classes that were provided in the military in the late 60's and early 70's.I also met people in the military,from that time frame, who never had Salt and Pepper classes.

Over the years I've usually made a point of taking someone aside,if they weren't being PC if we were working in a public environment,or we had a woman or minority on the job and their mouth wasn't doing them no favors.I can't begin to tell you how many times even in recent years in such a discussion with someone,found out that more then a few were just absolutely naive about such things.

#26 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

after a minute or two the darkie infested car pulls away.

As trolling attempts to stir the shit go, I'd rate that as a C minus at best.

#27 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

Oh Yea,Ike...I've seen some of your trolling attempts...

Not only did you cut the plug wrong,your wrap was horrible and your hook placement was all phucked up... :P

#28 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

I love the politically correct folk, your intolerance comes disguised as tolerance.

I resemble those remarks, and you Sir are guilty of the same…

#29 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,608 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Not sure what happened the other night but some of my drunk neighbors attacked some guys who may have simply been lost and asking for directions. I was too far away to be able to observe.

fixed

#30 Me too

Me too

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

All a CC permit is going to do in this situation is get you killed. Pull your gun out of your back pocket while someone has the drop on you and they will have no choice but to pull the trigger.

I have a CC permit and it is useless in this situation. Cell phone is your best bet for this one.

#31 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,948 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

#32 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

I almost won the lottery last night, but I forgot to buy a ticket. dang the luck.

#33 jocal505

jocal505

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:performance sailing, downhill skiing, music

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Brane, thanks for the post.
I disagree with Boomer that just moving away from similar situations is the ticket. That would be polarization.

We have stuff to discuss. Go ahead and debate the vocabulary, but let's discuss away.

Being PC can limit discussing actual issues and situations. Stuff we need to face and deal with, IMO.

Posted Image

Seems that Chinese workers were the original impetus for the KKK in Oregon.
Not that that matters. For my own part, I would show this shameful photo to my kids, I would not hide it.
I offended a few people this week with this photo. But we ain't talking Birmingham Alabama.

Wofsey shared a gem the other day. To paraphrase, he said that bigotry was a "poison dandelion" in his heart that needed to be weeded on a weekly basis.
I think he's right. And with economic polarity, this subject matter will not be going away.

For you offended PC types, how about you re-write the post and submit it in what you think is the currently correct way.
Yeah, somebody, please lay out the basics of current "sensitivity training" for us. I think I can handle it.

But do you really not want the subject discussed?

#34 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Being offended by the term Darkie is not being PC. Its calling out racism. PC is to say, "No one calls them black anymore you should only use the term African American' of "its not mental disability, its differently enabled"...

Racism is racism and to call it out is not being "politically correct". What we have here is a guy who had black people drive by him playing music he doesn't like who may or may not have committed a crime. Instead of calling them darkies he could have called them any number of accurate identifiers including thugs, criminals... the color of their skin and certainly the way he described them is completely unnecessary in the conversation of being safe or unsafe. In Detroit I had guns pointed at me twice (that I know of) both times by white guys, did I feel less threatened that they were white and not black?

#35 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

For you offended PC types, how about you re-write the post and submit it in what you think is the currently correct way.
Yeah, somebody, please lay out the basics of current "sensitivity training" for us. I think can handle it.

But do you really not want the subject discussed?

I have discussed very difficult issues with many people over the years and have never needed pegorative terms or insults to make my point or engage in the discussion. In fact on any occasion when I or another resorted to that level of "debate" I cannot recall it resulting in a positive outcome. In fact, just the opposite. The point gets lost in the insult.

And what iis the important point this thread needs to discuss? That there is crime and bad people and that sometimes they are black? I'm willing to stipulate that.

#36 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Being offended by the term Darkie is not being PC. Its calling out racism. PC is to say, "No one calls them black anymore you should only use the term African American' of "its not mental disability, its differently enabled"...

Racism is racism and to call it out is not being "politically correct". What we have here is a guy who had black people drive by him playing music he doesn't like who may or may not have committed a crime. Instead of calling them darkies he could have called them any number of accurate identifiers including thugs, criminals... the color of their skin and certainly the way he described them is completely unnecessary in the conversation of being safe or unsafe. In Detroit I had guns pointed at me twice (that I know of) both times by white guys, did I feel less threatened that they were white and not black?

Yup.

I have been robbed twice in my life, both times by black kids, but you know what? I still like black people. Guess I'm just stupid.

#37 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Due to their own insecurities...Haters will hate.

#38 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Those who belittle and mock others because of beliefs or station in life are equally uncaring and insecure as racists and lack moral integrity.

#39 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

People should quit characterizing criminal perpetrators as male or female. I'm getting tired of reading about crimes in which the alleged burgular or hold-up person is a male... as if males have a higher incidence of violent crime than non-males.

It reflects poorly upon an entire class of persons and adds nothing to the discussion. Yet I see it in the papers all the time.

And no, Moe, you're not "stupid" for keeping an open mind.

#40 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

People should quit characterizing criminal perpetrators as male or female. I'm getting tired of reading about crimes in which the alleged burgular or hold-up person is a male... as if males have a higher incidence of violent crime than non-males.

It reflects poorly upon an entire class of persons and adds nothing to the discussion. Yet I see it in the papers all the time.

Here in Hell-A, over half the news stories told on tv or radio about armed robberies or shootings or rapes or whatever, won't even tell the populace who the cops are looking for....outside of 'The police are still searching for 2 armed men who drove away in a white or possibly beige late 80's or early 90's sedan'.....

Yeah, thanx a lot, idiots. Gives us citizens soooo much to work with.....

#41 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Those who belittle and mock others because of beliefs or station in life are equally uncaring and insecure as racists and lack moral integrity.

who is being belittled?

#42 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yup.

I have been robbed twice in my life, both times by black kids, but you know what? I still like black people. Guess I'm just stupid.

I went to the Pacers/'Sixers game this past week and some little black kid tried to take my wallet in the crowd of people leaving. Shit got nothing against them, hmm...

#43 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

who is being belittled? Posted Image Posted Image

#44 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,891 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I guess I'll never understand the desire or need to be deliberately insulting or unkind verbally or in writing to anyone you don't know. So much lack of basic human respect is disguised as "I'm so cool because I ignore political correctness. I'm a rebel." When it's really simply unkind and un-necessary.

I don't get it.

Accusing people of 'Political Correctness' is now the new way to beg off responsibility for one's own racism.

#45 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

My mind isn't open, it just doesn't work that way.

#46 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Accusing people of 'Political Correctness' is now the new way to beg off responsibility for one's own racism.

Oh come on now, B.J.

That's a load of horse shit equine excrement

#47 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Oh come on now, B.J.

Now don't topple him off his pedestal...it doesn't give him the commanding view he desire's to mock others.

#48 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Oh come on now, B.J.

Now don't topple him off his pedestal...it doesn't give him the commanding view he desire's to mock others.

So let me ask you this. Would you call a black co worker a darkie to his face? Why not? Is it because its a racist insult. Its not about being PC its about being racist.

You don't need a pedestal to have a commanding view of those who are digging a deep hole while trying to defend racist attitudes.

#49 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm certainly not defending racist attitudes.

I usually don't make opinions of someone because of their race

I also don't belittle anyone no matter their race or belief...to do so is selfishly and tactlessly inconsiderate.

Whether the term PC or racial is used doesn't matter.What matters is being considerate of others no matter their race or belief or knowledge.

I certainly don't condone racists attitudes.I've met those who openly use racist's terminology and are racists.I've also met naive people those who thought they were being correct using black or colored;when as a whole that is not considered proper by society in general,but that is what they thought or were raised to believe was correct.

I didn't condone the OP statement.

I also don't know him,nor do I know if he was raised thinking this is normal.

#50 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oh come on now, B.J.

So let me ask you this. Would you call a black co worker a darkie to his face? Why not? Is it because its a racist insult. Its not about being PC its about being racist.

You don't need a pedestal to have a commanding view of those who are digging a deep hole while trying to defend racist attitudes.

+ a bunch

(and it isn't often I agree with that shiny headed white cracker mofo.)

#51 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

[
So let me ask you this. Would you call a black co worker a darkie to his face?

Of course not. I call him a spear chuckin' mofo

And then he tells me that he was always my Mom's favorite.

And then we go to the hockey game and drink beers

cuz we're friends.

Neither one of us is very politically correct.

In fact I think political correctness is often used to camoflage deeply embedded tribalism that a lot of people don't want to admit to themselves.

PC smells a lot like phony to me.

#52 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Here we go again. I also have black friends and we occasionally tease each other because that familiarity and affection leaves no doubt that's what it is. That's remarkably different than a general statement for everyone's consumption with no context except to describe in unkind racist terms a group of people you don't know. Certainly you can see the difference in context there?

I do have to say, even our teasing of one another is not to the degree you describe - we both find the traditional racist terms objectionable. He scolds his own children if they lapse into the "gangsta" speak and refer to each other or their friends as "nigga". Perhaps that's because in our generation there was nothing funny about those terms. They meant and referred to a way of thinking that still chills us today. It refers to a time that black men were lynched or dragged to death behind a car simply for being a different race. So our teasing never rises to that level. For others who perhaps did not live through that to fail to recognize that lacks basic human compassion and says "I really don't care how my behavior affects anyone else. Its my behavior and if you don't like it f*(k off". Its that lack of concern for one another hidden in catchy phrases like "political correctness", or "I'm direct" that I object to and really don't understand the purpose. I believe its not wrong to take into account those you are around when constructing your behavior. Its considered polite when visiting another country to abide by their cultural limits in your speech and mannerisms.....why wouldn't you extend the same courtesy to your countrymen? Its not about being on a pedestal, its about basic respect and consideration.

#53 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

As I said before...

Whether the term PC or racial is used doesn't matter.

What matters is being considerate of others no matter their race or belief or knowledge.

#54 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

PB

I don't disagree with anything you said. Respect and politeness is always a good thing

Just pointing out that the broad brush of a statement like BJ's never paints an accurate picture.

#55 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

PB

I don't disagree with anything you said. Respect and politeness is always a good thing

Just pointing out that the broad brush of a statement like BJ's never paints an accurate picture.

Fair nuff. Your point is well taken. My guess (guess never having actually met the man) is he meant it more narrowly but I wouldn't presume to speak for the man. I see your point that taken very broadly it is an incorrect assertion.

#56 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

As I said before...

What matters is being considerate of others no matter their race or belief or knowledge.

I don't have to tolerate prejudice and I don't. Talk like that around me and we're done, no matter what kind of gump you are.

#57 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

I don't get it.

both political correctness and the term 'racism' is nothing more than a means to diminish someones opinion so you can ignore them entirely. nothing more. we're not really talking racism, we're talking culturalism. but discussing that openly would be politically incorrect. very few people are willing to discuss black culture in america. a lkot of shit would rise to the top, shit that everyone knows but few speak of. those that do are racists in your mind.

and frankly, I dont give a shit about your one black co worker who youre friends with. some of us grew up in that environment. some of us seen the shit that happens there. me, I thought I had gotten away from that bullshit. but its spreading into the once safe burbs.

#58 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

I don't get it.

both political correctness and the term 'racism' is nothing more than a means to diminish someones opinion so you can ignore them entirely. nothing more. we're not really talking racism, we're talking culturalism. but discussing that openly would be politically incorrect. very few people are willing to discuss black culture in america. a lkot of shit would rise to the top, shit that everyone knows but few speak of. those that do are racists in your mind.

and frankly, I dont give a shit about your one black co worker who youre friends with. some of us grew up in that environment. some of us seen the shit that happens there. me, I thought I had gotten away from that bullshit. but its spreading into the once safe burbs.

Discussios with you are somewhat circular......I get that that you don't give a shit. That was the point of my original post. I don't get that. People should give a shit.

#59 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

As I said before...

I don't have to tolerate prejudice and I don't. Talk like that around me and we're done, no matter what kind of gump you are.

Then you misunderstand what I said...I don't prejudge anyone because of race,belief(religious or atheist] or knowledge(or lack of knowledge)....I'm considerate of others without prejudice...my only prejudice would be those who are inclined to pompously belittle or judge,and don't tolerate such,no matter how lofty their perch.

#60 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

As I said before...

Then you misunderstand what I said...I don't prejudge anyone because of race,belief(religious or atheist] or knowledge(or lack of knowledge)....I'm considerate of others without prejudice...my only prejudice would be those who are inclined to pompously belittle or judge,and don't tolerate such,no matter how lofty their perch.

Sorry, if I misunderstood; I admit I haven't really gotten what you're saying. I don't like pomposity or belittling, either, and I don't think that's how I respond to racism, when I it. I want to get along with everyone, but it's not always possible.

#61 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

As I said before...

Sorry, if I misunderstood; I admit I haven't really gotten what you're saying. I don't like pomposity or belittling, either, and I don't think that's how I respond to racism, when I it. I want to get along with everyone, but it's not always possible.

blah...

#62 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

As I said before...

Thank you for your understanding...

I make a point of trying to get along with everyone as well...and give an extra effort with those who don't reciprocate.

#63 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

What black culture are you referring to? Are you talking about gangster thug ghetto black culture? About working-class black culture in Chicago? About Gullah-speaking black people who live on the atlantic barrier islands? About middle-class black Atlanta? About dirt-poor black agricultural workers in Mississippi?

Yeah, there's a major black cultural problem: ghetto kids growing up without fathers in the home, without ever knowing anyone who has a job, thinking being a thug is the only way to be anyone. And plenty of people are willing to discuss it. But nobody who is discussing it seriously rants about "darkies" invading his neighborhood.

#64 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,683 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

I certainly don't condone racists attitudes.I've met those who openly use racist's terminology and are racists.I've also met naive people those who thought they were being correct using black or colored;when as a whole that is not considered proper by society in general,but that is what they thought or were raised to believe was correct.

We're not allowed to use black any more? Shit. What's the new word to use if we happen to see a car that is infested with...um...people with extra melanin?

And I'm still wondering whether or not "infested" is appropriate? :rolleyes:

#65 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

We're not allowed to use black any more? Shit. What's the new word to use if we happen to see a car that is infested with...um...people with extra melanin?

And I'm still wondering whether or not "infested" is appropriate? :rolleyes:

You made me laugh out loud my friend. It was a deep belly laugh that made my huge cock rub up against my inner thigh and pull free from where I keep it teathered during work to prevent the ladies from being distracted.

Now I have to go adjust my harness, thank you though, I needed the laugh.

#66 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,948 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

This whole thread's pretty funny.

#67 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

We're not allowed to use black any more?

It keeps changing...African American,black and negro are determined by the US Census to be correct as of 2010.

My question from the time of my childhood and over the years is why can't we just call them people,and why do people identify by race.

Rather then go into the history of all the changes that I've experienced since the early 50's...wikipedia

I have friends who are black...for instance Arron who is a mechanic...I refer to him as Arron not by an identification of race.

I have a friend who is Japanese his name is John...I refer to him as John and have never identifyed him by race.

Another long time friend is Sam who is Chinese and I've never identified him by race either.

I don't like racial identities and choose not to use them.Matter of fact in this thread is only the second time I've every written a word for racial identity.(the other instance was a case almost 30 years ago when a suit was brought by an individual against a company for racially identifying,the ACLU was involved in this case as well at Todd Shipyards in Seattle).

#68 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,891 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Oh come on now, B.J.

Who's mocking anyone? Calling out a racist isn't mocking them.

I am so sick to death of hearing people say 'I know it isn't very PC, but...' before launching into some story or joke that makes it clear that they indeed are not PC and aRe actually quite racist.

There is no reason - none - for a member of one group to use ethnically charged derogatory pejoritives to describe another group of people they do not personally know well. I'm not talking about two old friends busting ass, but when a white guy refers to a bunch of black men he doesnt know as spooks, niggers, spearchuckers, darkies, or any of a dozen other names there is one reason for it.

But you call them on it and they say "all you PC types need to lighten up I was just being funny" guess what? They aren't funny, they are racist and they are trying to shuck it off when they at called for it. Too bad.

As far as the "I did it to bait the PC types into responding" again, bullshit. Enlightened people don't play that game. It's just another weasel when you get called out.

I was taught from a very young age to be tolerant of pretty much everyone...except the intolerant. I don't suffer fools gladly in that regard; and I don't put up with racist nonsense around me. If you ignore it, people think its ok.

It's not.

#69 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

^^^
Refer to the post above yours.

As for mocking...you have an outspoken history on a multitude of subjects...some that may be just...and others that may be questionable.

Everyone has their own way of expressing themselves...whether they choose to call it PC or prejudice is their choice.

#70 Delta Blues

Delta Blues

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

You gotta be aware of your surroundings, period.

1 out of 10 white males between the ages of 18 and 40 are in the criminal justice system today (arrested, charges pressed, in prison/jail, on parole, etc).
4 out of 10 African American males between the ages of 18 and 40 are in the criminal justice system today (arrested, charges pressed, in prison/jail, on parole, etc).
Then remember there are a lot more whites than there are African Americans, as a result the pure numbers of whites vs. African Americans starts to balance out.

Just sayin.

#71 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just remember...stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason....

Nuf said.

Hroth

#72 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,155 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

http://www.cbsnews.c...fatal-shooting/

Beginning to look like justice will be done, now that demonstrations are starting. :)

#73 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57399800-504083/911-calls-released-in-trayvon-martin-fatal-shooting/

Beginning to look like justice will be done, now that demonstrations are starting. :)

I actually started this thread early last week;

http://www.floridashootersnetwork.com/trayvon-martin-shooting-near-orlando-t100337.html

#74 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,155 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, been following it. They got witnesses who are saying that a cop corrected a witness at the scene now. The witness was saying it was the kid who was calling for help, but the cop corrected her, saying it was the shooter who was calling for help.

There were several people who watched that conversation at the scene, I gather.

#75 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, been following it. They got witnesses who are saying that a cop corrected a witness at the scene now. The witness was saying it was the kid who was calling for help, but the cop corrected her, saying it was the shooter who was calling for help.

I'm no expert (on anything, actually) but I've a gut feeling that Mr. Zimmerman is in for a very long, unpleasant future.......

#76 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,155 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm no expert (on anything, actually) but I've a gut feeling that Mr. Zimmerman is in for a very long, unpleasant future.......

Looking worse and worse for him. Turns out the guy has called 911 over 50 times since he's been a "neighborhood watchman" (about a year), for things he thinks "look suspicious".

#77 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Looking worse and worse for him. Turns out the guy has called 911 over 50 times since he's been a "neighborhood watchman" (about a year), for things he thinks "look suspicious".

The general consensus in Florida is that this idiot will eventually get nailed on this one----not only for the bad shoot (which I think it is), but to squelch any upcoming threats by the antis to repeal the Stand Your Ground law.....

#78 Superpickle

Superpickle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Prozac

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

"Darkie Infested" LOL...LOL...ROFLMAO... Id say that made its point.. LOL...LOL... Much less Frightening if it was Whitie infested .. :-) LOL...
In San Diego, it most likely would have been "Brownie Infested" LOL

#79 Superpickle

Superpickle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Prozac

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

[
So let me ask you this. Would you call a black co worker a darkie to his face?

Of course not. I call him a spear chuckin' mofo

And then he tells me that he was always my Mom's favorite.

And then we go to the hockey game and drink beers

cuz we're friends.

Neither one of us is very politically correct.

In fact I think political correctness is often used to camoflage deeply embedded tribalism that a lot of people don't want to admit to themselves.

PC smells a lot like phony to me.

Holy Crackers .. he said "Tribalisisismsms" Quick, call the ASPCA and the FBI and the IUD's and stc etc etc etc LOL

#80 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

"lol"...please, that's so yesterday.

it's "s" nowadays.

"s"

#81 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

it's "s" nowadays.

"s"

sol....

#82 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

it's "s" nowadays.

"s"

sol....

I just don't want DoRag to call me a "foreigner" or "Female".

I'm sensative that way ;)

#83 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,852 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Point Break I've met more then a few people over the years who don't understand the term PC or Politically Correct.Not everyone reads the newspaper,watches TV or has a computer.Even when they have,I've met people who thought they were being correct in polite company by using numerous different terms ...thinking this was the polite thing to say and were quite naive to latest PC definitions.Not everyone was raised in the same environment.

You say you spent time in the service,where you probably met people from all over the nation and many walks of life.I'm sure that you were enlightened by a broad spectrum of terminology and names when you were in the service.In such light I find your stance on the matter to be a little on the hypocritical bent.Not everyone works in the same "modern" environment that you do,where you have classes which cover such topics.

I was raised in an environment where my parents did their best to be PC on all such pertinent matters.Boy howdy did I find out in the service,how un-PC they were in some terminology when compared from west to east to mid-west to southern to California lingo.Not everyone was in the service back in the day,and had the Salt and Pepper classes that were provided in the military in the late 60's and early 70's.I also met people in the military,from that time frame, who never had Salt and Pepper classes.

Over the years I've usually made a point of taking someone aside,if they weren't being PC if we were working in a public environment,or we had a woman or minority on the job and their mouth wasn't doing them no favors.I can't begin to tell you how many times even in recent years in such a discussion with someone,found out that more then a few were just absolutely naive about such things.

Oh c'mon dumbshit.... unless he's lived under the Geico rock for the past 40 years - I would think he would have figured out that "darkie" was probably out of vogue by now. it was Total trolling.

But even worse AB shows almost all the traits of typical "victomology". Out alone, after dark, in a known high crime neighborhood. Not having a cell phone is just one of the issues, but that alone would not have prevented the crime - it would have only sped up the response for the cops to take the mugging report or for the paramedics to take the body to the morgue. About the only thing he did right is have a dog with him. Even if its a little yappy rat-dog - criminals will usually avoid the noise and commotion a barking dog will attract.

the best defense against these shitstains - whether they be darkie or whitey shitstains - is situational awareness. A gun should be a last resort and good SA will keep you from being in these situations in the 1st place.

#84 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Now that you got that out...do ya feel better kid?

When you get done sucking on your thumb get back to me...

#85 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,852 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

When you get done sucking on your thumb get back to me...

Kid? Really?

#86 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

When you get done sucking on your thumb get back to me, maybe I'll have my head out of my ass by then...

I fixed it for you cumstain. At first I thought you might just be one of them garden variety honky assed, redneck, dipshit, cracker motherfuckers, but as I see your responses to rational well thought points regarding your extreme stupidity and blatant racism, I am pretty sure you are just a garden variety troll. Calling JBSF a kid clinched it.

Look kid go back to your frat house and leave this site to the adults, mkay? It is usually kind of quiet and nice back here in GA and we don't need your kind in this neighborhood.

#87 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Irony.

#88 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Irony.

Duh!

#89 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

This is a sailing forum...I've been known to sail with an ethnically diverse crew and a times being the only white-ass honky on board.

If you got a problem with that...that's your problem and not mine.

#90 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

you aint white...

#91 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Shibby...your a testimony to the capacity of your maturity.

#92 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,852 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

This is a sailing forum...I've been known to sail with an ethnically diverse crew and a times being the only white-ass honky on board.

Nigga, PLEASE!

#93 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Shibby...your a testimony to the capacity of your maturity.

you're (and now I hate myself)...

#94 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

:P

#95 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,155 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

#96 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

When you get done sucking on your thumb get back to me, maybe I'll have my head out of my ass by then...

I fixed it for you cumstain. At first I thought you might just be one of them garden variety honky assed, redneck, dipshit, cracker motherfuckers, but as I see your responses to rational well thought points regarding your extreme stupidity and blatant racism, I am pretty sure you are just a garden variety troll. Calling JBSF a kid clinched it.

Look kid go back to your frat house and leave this site to the adults, mkay? It is usually kind of quiet and nice back here in GA and we don't need your kind in this neighborhood.

Lemme know if you need a towel for that nose bleeed.

#97 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

Nigga, PLEASE!

Knitter, please...

Posted Image

#98 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Ok, I had to actually Google that Chapelle guy....but that there is some pretty funny shit.

Thanx..... :lol:

#99 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,155 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

Ok, I had to actually Google that Chapelle guy....but that there is some pretty funny shit.

Thanx..... :lol:

Look at the "Rick James" ones for the ones that made him famous.

Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories are freakin' classics.

#100 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,155 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users