16 replies to this topic

#1 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

just heard that the flying tigers decided not to sail in the south bay for the noods today. the 505's and vipers are sailing in what is reported to be 22 true - fucking wonderful conditions - but the tigers wouldn't sail??

wtf is that?? love to hear this one explained.

#2 Fishwater

Fishwater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

just heard that the flying tigers decided not to sail in the south bay for the noods today. the 505's and vipers are sailing in what is reported to be 22 true - fucking wonderful conditions - but the tigers wouldn't sail??

What's weak is that you wouldn't participate.

#3 superduperbow

superduperbow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

+1

Actually didn't you see USA 11 out for a joy sail in the "fucking wonderful Conditions"???? oh wait... neither did I.
oh and whoever said 22 must not read numbers very well. we had 25-30 true, gusts pushing more... but hey dont take my word for it... its not like i was there or anything...

#4 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Ed,
What was the breeze when we saw that picture of you hurling off the ass end? Sure looked like less than 25-30. I have no problem with owners who don't want to put a half season's wear on their mains in one day. My guess is that they have enough merit badges to not care what you think.

#5 Bitter Gnat

Bitter Gnat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

So, we are hauling "Maiden China" out there for the NA's. We love big breeze. Hope there will be somebody out there to play with?

#6 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

[quote name='Bitter Gnat' timestamp='1332178552' post='3633535']
So, we are hauling "Maiden China" out there for the NA's. We love big breeze. Hope there will be somebody out there to play with?
[/quot
Its going to be 3-5 knts :P Ya shoulda saved some of the Pensacola wind when you were there

#7 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

No dog in this fight, but I will say a Tiger is very well behaved in breeze, both upwind and down.

#8 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

+1

Actually didn't you see USA 11 out for a joy sail in the "fucking wonderful Conditions"???? oh wait... neither did I.
oh and whoever said 22 must not read numbers very well. we had 25-30 true, gusts pushing more... but hey dont take my word for it... its not like i was there or anything...

hey any time you two pussies wanna meet up on the race course, just let me know. like i've said about a million times, i am not interested in supporting the noods and i'm not wasting my time to go over it with dummies like you.

i've sailed every regatta in almost every condition in the tiger but isn't it amusing when a couple hacks try to somehow make it that i am the bad guy on this issue? if it was blowing so fucking hard, how come EVERY OTHER CLASS SAILED ON SUNDAY EXCEPT THE TIGERS??? because owners "had enough merit badges" or didn't want to flog their mains?? no, it is because the fleet is weak, as evidenced by their non-participation and the responses here.

#9 superduperbow

superduperbow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

First off, Ed who really cares what you have to say? Not as many as you'd like to think. This guy and the Tiger I race on wanted to go out, but a certain few (mainly one) tigers didn't want to. Unfortunately when that tiger said no, most others followed suit. It would have been one tiger(maybe two?) on the start line, and no way in hell would RC start a race with one tiger on the line. Whether its NOODS, Midwinters, or the SA Regatta. If you have a problemm with the NOODS then take it up with them. Dont take your little cry baby attitude out on the Tiger Fleet. Maybe if we had been in Mission bay we could have grabbed ten races like the Solings, but down in SD bay conditions didn't allow that on saturday.

For someone who complains all the time about politics, poor sportsmanship and oversized ego's in regattas and sailing associations like NOODS, US Sailing, and SW you sure do bring alot of your own into the mix. your not that much different then those guys ya know....

#10 movable ballast

movable ballast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

Wow, I can see you guys have been working on your fleet building skills...

#11 superduperbow

superduperbow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

meh I'm done with Ed's BS attitude and Hypocrisy

Peace homies

#12 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

First off, Ed who really cares what you have to say? Not as many as you'd like to think. This guy and the Tiger I race on wanted to go out, but a certain few (mainly one) tigers didn't want to. Unfortunately when that tiger said no, most others followed suit. It would have been one tiger(maybe two?) on the start line, and no way in hell would RC start a race with one tiger on the line. Whether its NOODS, Midwinters, or the SA Regatta. If you have a problemm with the NOODS then take it up with them. Dont take your little cry baby attitude out on the Tiger Fleet. Maybe if we had been in Mission bay we could have grabbed ten races like the Solings, but down in SD bay conditions didn't allow that on saturday.

For someone who complains all the time about politics, poor sportsmanship and oversized ego's in regattas and sailing associations like NOODS, US Sailing, and SW you sure do bring alot of your own into the mix. your not that much different then those guys ya know....

here's what i know, genius - nobody cares what you have to say. again, it is amusing to see an apologist for this lame fleet try to deflect the truth with weak slaps at me. is that all ya got? go back to the kid's table where you belong...

movable ballast - that ship sailed long ago...

#13 JSR11

JSR11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:One Design Sailing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

And people wonder why the FT10 class is falling apart. Lotsa love. Why don't ya'll talk about something you can all agree on. Like... ooh, I know, the new rudders.

Fight on brothers.

#14 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Actually, the CorYC Race Committee did a start for two Ultimate 20's on Sunday. We would have happily done a start for two Flying Tigers.

Having had a blast on Elusive (24) in these kind of conditions in the past, I was more than a little surprised that the fleet didn't go out and I told the Ed so on Sunday.

Having been involved with setting up the South Bay portion of the San Diego NOOD for the last two years, I share the Ed's frustration with Sailing World. But, as I posted in this forum last week, I was disappointed that Anarchy wasn't on the line this weekend supporting the fleet and supporting Coronado Yacht Club.

CYCSailor

#15 superduperbow

superduperbow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

+1

hey any time you two pussies wanna meet up on the race course, just let me know. like i've said about a million times, i am not interested in supporting the noods and i'm not wasting my time to go over it with dummies like you.

i've sailed every regatta in almost every condition in the tiger but isn't it amusing when a couple hacks try to somehow make it that i am the bad guy on this issue? if it was blowing so fucking hard, how come EVERY OTHER CLASS SAILED ON SUNDAY EXCEPT THE TIGERS??? because owners "had enough merit badges" or didn't want to flog their mains?? no, it is because the fleet is weak, as evidenced by their non-participation and the responses here.

Hey Ed.....

It was fun rolling over you all day today :lol: B) ;) :D

#16 junta

junta

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Don't feel bad, three quarters of the Vipers quit as well.

#17 HattieIrvin

HattieIrvin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Posted ImageWhat's weak is that you wouldn't participate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users