• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,917 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Here's a linkto watch for yourself. If you can't easily figure ou7t how to view the rainfall, radar, stream flows, and lake levels and a whole lot of other stuff click on the "site tour" in teh upper left hand corner of the map.

The ground is already pretty wet from teh last few weeks of gentle rains.

Average rainfall of each inch over the entire LBJ basin after the first inch will put another five feet in Lake Travis.

The Pedernales Basin probably needs two inches average over its entire area to dump five feet in Travis.

So watch the site and root for 8 inches everywhere so we can have a full lake for the event below!!!

#2 narecet

narecet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

Bring on the rain.

#3 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,917 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

phooey darn. it seems to be moving east and north way way too fast. There are a couple areas with over 3 inches since a couple hours ago but the big red nasty radar splotch pattern is shrinking and leaving the watershed.

#4 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

Bring on the rain.

....be careful what yer wishin' for :unsure:Attached File  flood.jpg   9.13K   5 downloadsAttached File  flood1.jpg   102.23K   6 downloads

#5 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,917 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

The lake is soooo low I won't even take this opportunity to offer you a boat for the regatta..

..yet...

#6 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,917 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

Three inches of rain in the last three hours at the LBJ ranch and golfball sized hail. That s torm is aimed at my shop and hopefully falling apart before it gets here.

Anyway this is a chance to remind folks of what Lyndon said in response to "What's it like being President in times like this/"

LBJ said, "Sometimes it's a lot like being an ass in a west texas hail storm. You just gotta stand there and take it."

It wasn't until 2005 I finally saw wahrt the heck he was talking about. We sat in my van and huddled under towells to avoid splattering glass and our hands over our ears because teh sound was deafening.
When it stopped, the one inch hail stone slurry was six inches deep around the van and every single tree was 100% stripped of all its leaves. The small branches were broken off and every single west side window on every house in the neighborhood was without its glass.

And, as our priorities were straight, we sailed in the morning....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users