5597 replies to this topic

#101 GreatLakes

GreatLakes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

Shorthanded (I'll figure out the quote deal later),

Not TP or BT, but KH! missed out on some of the later stuff with an additional girl added to the family.

A group of J/35 and other sailors are meeting at Rosebud in Grand Haven next Sat. at 1:00 pm for some football and drinks. Bring the crew! All others invited as well.

#102 dickie greenleaf

dickie greenleaf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

Once you got closer to them though....

As they say... the J22 girls are 'Good from far, and far from good.'

They've sailed in our Wed. night fleet a few times. Certainly eye catchers, until you get closer and see the white, oozing zits on the faces.

Going up to Charlevoix this afternoon to snag the DVD player from the boat. Also taking measurements for the new, ultra sleek, cool-as-shit carbon fiber wheelie thingy gifty from wifey.

63 inches of pure white, carbon fiber heaven.

#103 Swedge Humper

Swedge Humper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Yachting<br>

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

Once you got closer to them though....

As they say... the J22 girls are 'Good from far, and far from good.'

They've sailed in our Wed. night fleet a few times. Certainly eye catchers, until you get closer and see the white, oozing zits on the faces.

Going up to Charlevoix this afternoon to snag the DVD player from the boat. Also taking measurements for the new, ultra sleek, cool-as-shit carbon fiber wheelie thingy gifty from wifey.

63 inches of pure white, carbon fiber heaven.

Give your wife my best. You guys were great hosts. Or maybe tolerent would be a better word.

3:30 WTF!!!

Try to get those girls on your boat and we can do this again next year. I will get drunk enough where it just won't matter about the zits.

Carbon Wheel that is tits.

#104 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:04 PM

Not TP or BT, but KH! missed out on some of the later stuff with an additional girl added to the family.

A group of J/35 and other sailors are meeting at Rosebud in Grand Haven next Sat. at 1:00 pm for some football and drinks. Bring the crew! All others invited as well.

KH, how ya doing? Fred emailed me about the lunch beer next Sat. I'll be there.

#105 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:10 PM

I'm a Kzoo'er and sail out of South Haven.  Sounds like we have a pretty sizeable group down here as well.  I think we need to organize an outing or two (or several) at Bells.

Pehrst, I relocated to Kzoo due to work and it's actually not too bad.  It takes me 50 minutes to get from my house to the marina in SH.  Not as good as the old 5 min commute, but you take what you can get.

I did a tour in K-zoo, at the prestigous Western Michigan University. I had to punch out though. It was lacking in certain areas. A lot of my friends get thrown out after the first semester.

Swedge--

How is it evenly remotely possible that you "punched out" of WMU? WMU will give a PhD to a trained monkey if they put in the time (I should know). :P

Also, if you sailed with Dickie at Red Fox last year, I was on the other Bene.

Hroth

I sailed with the great Dickie.

I couldn't take K-zoo. The town just didn't do it for me. Could have been when my buddy cleaned and bled out a deer while it was hanging in front of our dorms. It could have been when I went to the liquor store and they asked me for my ID. I don't know, but K-Zoo just didn't do it for me. I left Western with 3.8 GPA, it was the easiest school I ever went to since middle school. I am not joking. I spent the 3.8 semester drunk off my ass. When I took my Pysch final I had to cover one eye becuase the bubbles I was supposed to fill in kept on swirling around. Still got an A on it. The class that fucked up my 4.0 was BOWLING. BOWLING!!!!! My average went dow through out the semester, could have been the booze.

Do you remeber the girls on the J-22? DAMN!!!! They had great bodies. Once you got closer to them though.... Well as far as the pulchratude (NORM) went there, they were A-Team. Anyway if you run into them, tell them I will support the kids.

I can understand where you're coming from. The company that I work for has had trouble retaining younger, single employees. But, once you get married and settle down, it's not bad. Unless you're Hroth. ;) Personally, I'd rather live in Marquette and race Ensigns every Wednesday night (once the ice melts), but the jobs are elsewhere. I could give Zeb a run for his money (you still reading Zeb?).

#106 elevationsailing

elevationsailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

There appears to be quite a few of us here at SA and we were starting to clog up the where to eat thread, so decided to start this one.

Grand Rapids, MI

Just another ordinary sailing dude----- enjoying the great humor on SA.....

#107 elevationsailing

elevationsailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:15 AM

No it is still Insatiable and it is now in Detroit owned by the same dude that owns Tramp the MUMM.

I cannot stop laughing about your tag line below your quotes......

#108 elevationsailing

elevationsailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:25 AM

Flannagans, (sp?) for some of us.

Also known as the "OFFICE" by me!!!!

Flannigans---------

Great Spot to have a few soda pops with friendly staff and great food now that Taps bought them out.....

#109 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:26 AM

We have managed to keep this thread alive near the top of the board for nearly a week now.

Must be a reflection of how much we all miss sailing now that it is 40 fucking below and snowy (oddly enough, this winter has been mild--oops, jinxed it).

Lets see if we can keep it going for another week.

Hroth

#110 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:21 AM

oddly enough, this winter has been mild--oops, jinxed it.

Hroth

Yeah you did! It's supposed to get down to 3 this weekend!

#111 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:25 AM

Do any of the West MI SAer's have iceboats? I've never done it and would love to try ... or at least come and see someone do it.

#112 Burnsy

Burnsy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Interests:1982 Dehler DB1 "Heat Wave" 31436
    Bay City YC
    Bayview YC
    South Shore YC

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:34 AM

Must be a reflection of how much we all miss sailing now that it is 40 fucking below and snowy (oddly enough, this winter has been mild--oops, jinxed it).

Don't say it! Damn too late... more snow tomorrow and the day after too.

#113 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

One thing about living in MI is that you have the best of all seasons. I love the snow and cold of winter, the sun and heat of summer, the rain of spring and the colors of fall. I'd say embrace it or get the fuck out ... without being offensive to anyone. That's my $0.02 of course. Bring on the freezing weather in the future! What do you think?

#114 F395

F395

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:50 PM

To me the 3 seasons, Spring, Summer and hunting (Fall to some) are the reason to stay here for winter. I am even looking to buy a snowmobile so I can enjoy winter to. I know as soon as I buy a sled the winters will go back to the way they were in the 90's (no snow unless you go way north)

I have not found a place that I like better, but I am sure there are better places.

#115 dickie greenleaf

dickie greenleaf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

I am even looking to buy a snowmobile so I can enjoy winter to.  I know as soon as I buy a sled the winters will go back to the way they were in the 90's (no snow unless you go way north)

Fred -

You looking to buy a sled? I'm looking to sell mine.

How fast are you looking to go? Through the tree, or just hurt the bark a little....

It's a 1999 Yamaha SRX 600. Great little sled, and fun - well cared for too.

#116 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:46 PM

Beltheads are like stinkboaters. Come on this is SA get out the Nordic skiis and enjoy the quiet of winter.

#117 dickie greenleaf

dickie greenleaf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:53 PM

Beltheads are like stinkboaters. Come on this is SA get out the Nordic skiis and enjoy the quiet of winter.

After years of almost killing myself, I have decided to 'give it up' and join the quieter part of life up north.

To date, I have completely totalled one machine, and been almost decapitated by barbed wire. Been travelling at 110 mph + down trails and almost killed by wandering deer. While zipping along through the woods, I've come upon active roadways, mostly invisible due to snow and trees, being thankful that no one was coming my way.

Certainly a sport which no longer needs my participation.

#118 F395

F395

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

I am even looking to buy a snowmobile so I can enjoy winter to.  I know as soon as I buy a sled the winters will go back to the way they were in the 90's (no snow unless you go way north)

Fred -

You looking to buy a sled? I'm looking to sell mine.

How fast are you looking to go? Through the tree, or just hurt the bark a little....

It's a 1999 Yamaha SRX 600. Great little sled, and fun - well cared for too.

Thanx for the info, but I want a new one. I am looking at buying this years model next year, a friend did that and got a killer deal.

As for the stinkboat comparison, Who cares I got one of them to. (just can't have enough toys now can we ?)

#119 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

I dunno..At least the beltheads can manage to relieve themselves without serious bodliy harm. :P

#120 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

Holy Shit how did the SA MI thread turn into a snowmobile worship!

Those god damned trespassing loud as hell smelly-assed menaces are meant to be Up North 'cause if you worked for closed down DURA plant and had 4 kids all you need is to drink your hard earned disability dollars away and blast across some potato fields at mach 5 looking for your release from purgatory.

Snowmobiles!!!! ARGHHHH.

At least Fucking Jet Skis have to be off the water before dusk. Must dumbshits with dick-boats can only afford the gas card 'til August.

Oh wait now I know the redeeming value of snowmobiles is 15 empty beer cans from every drunken piss stop on the side of 131 and dumb-fuck cloven hooved mutant inbred piglets driving their F550 Super Duty Turbo Honda Squisher sideways with 10 sleds on the trailer through Kalkaska so they can jam on the brakes and swerve into the Burger King parking lot and block traffic while they load up on more carbs for the drive to Mancelona.

That's the beauty of snowmobiling alright. Of course I could be wrong.

#121 Platu 25

Platu 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:22 PM

My question:
If I were an avid Skeeter sailor, would I have a sticker of Calvin urinating on a DN insignia?

If yes, than would it be appropriate for an E Skeeter owner to have a sticker of calvin urinating on a C Skeeter insignia?

BTW
What is with all of these snowmobilers having little sculpter dudes sewn onto the backs of their jackets? Who is that guy???

#122 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:47 PM

"dumb-fuck cloven hooved mutant inbred piglets driving their F550 Super Duty Turbo Honda Squisher"

Sounds like one of my neighbors :lol:

Great image. Thank you for that on a Monday.

Hroth

#123 Ayes

Ayes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Skiing, Iceboating and Land Surveying

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:50 PM

FTH

I'm splittin a gut UP here too. See those types flying through town all winter.

Great visual :lol: :D :lol: :D

Ayes

#124 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:32 PM

Don't forget to remember to not forget ... that this thursday jan. 13, Bells Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI, 5:30pm ... red hat ... see you there, no?

#125 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

I'll be there. What will the protocol be? I have never been to a gathering of anarchists. Do we use our real names or our screen names? Or do we just sit around and drink beer not using any names at all? These are the things that keep me awake at night.

Hroth

#126 Looper

Looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

as long as we say things such as "FACK!" and "What's it rate?" i think we'll be just fine...

the WMU guys are going to need a pic of everyone posing with a certain brag flag before we all depart....

#127 Looper

Looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:51 PM

Don't forget to remember to not forget ...

does the redundancy department of redundancy meeting follow at 7?

#128 Ayes

Ayes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Skiing, Iceboating and Land Surveying

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:59 PM

Yes, and then another meeting at 7:04

#129 Looper

Looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:10 AM

don't forget... 2 more days. too bad oberon is not in season this time of year...

#130 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:42 AM

don't forget... 2 more days. too bad oberon is not in season this time of year...

There are plenty of other flavors that are to my liking. See you'se guys on Thursday, eh!

#131 dickie greenleaf

dickie greenleaf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:39 AM

Plenty of SA'ers from below the 45th.
Anyone above the line?

JAFS from the GWN.

We sail out of Charlevoix, MI - just above the line.

#132 Platu 25

Platu 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:32 PM

Who says that snow is necessary? Coming this summer to a lake near you:
There was an article about this contraption in the paper this week. Be sure to check out the videos:
http://www.snow-boat.com/

Fire away!

See you cats tomorrow at Bells

#133 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

Platu: What the hell were you doing to find that contraption? Was the keyword search something like "It's not snowing and I want to launch my Boat".

That freak show reminds me of the saying ' Just 'cause you can build it doesn't mean you should' some prime examples can be seen floating in the Dock-O-Miniums with names like Carver, Silverton, Hunter, and Kay-yot of course.

I'm sure it's a Doug Stanhope routine waiting to happen, Snow Boat "Cause you wanted to go duck hunting but your your snowmobile doesn't float"

How the hell can a drug induced meth lab technology belt header duck slayer device get a freakin patent!! Shit some attorney took $15,000 from this guy and patented the thing, like a floor scrubber you can take golfing or a ride on pavement smoother that has a hot tub and walk up bar, sure it's unique but who the hell wants to patent it!

That is the answer to the question no one asked. kind of like a Hunter with an A-sail or Foiling Island Packet.

Tied it back to sailing Platu----see you tomorrow at Larry's House of Headaches.

#134 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:26 PM

Prince Harry is a fackin' moron ... oh well ... see you this afternoon.

#135 Looper

Looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:06 PM

is it ok if my hat is pink instead of red?

#136 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:23 PM

That depends on who you ask.

#137 7.9 sailor

7.9 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • Interests:7.9's, other OD, rigging, Great Lakes racing

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:51 PM

If you're not a commie-pinko-fag...........

Oh, I take that back.

#138 mmm... Red Hats

mmm... Red Hats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:26 AM

It was nice to meet all of you that made it out to Bell's. Hopefully we will get together again soon.

#139 Looper

Looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:26 AM

so...? how long were we at the blue dolphin this evening?

and for those who didn't make it... what's your excuse?!

#140 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:53 AM

so...?  how long were we at the blue dolphin this evening?

Just a quick dinner...no more drinkin'. Good to meet you guys. Next month, same place? Maybe Hroth will show, although we should give him the benefit of the doubt. The weather did suck and he had a long drive home.

#141 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:37 AM

A pleasure, it was, to meet some fellow anarchists. I look forward to meeing more, and see those I met soon ... Cheers.

#142 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:08 PM

so...?  how long were we at the blue dolphin this evening?

Just a quick dinner...no more drinkin'. Good to meet you guys. Next month, same place? Maybe Hroth will show, although we should give him the benefit of the doubt. The weather did suck and he had a long drive home.

My apologies to all. Shorthanded had it right--with the bad weather, I kind of bailed thinking I wouldn't get much sailing in this summery if I was dead in a ditch in Allegan.

Turns out roads were bad in Kazoo but OK up in GR.

Next month?

#143 Platu 25

Platu 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:15 PM

I also enjoyed the sit down. We ended up burning one (saganaki-that is) at Blue Dolphin and had a good time. A meeting next month would be a good thing. Any place in mind?

#144 Looper

Looper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:17 PM

i'm definetly in next month... anyone have anywhere in mind they would like to meet? bell's is fine too if we want to do that again...

#145 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:15 PM

Well, and old shit with a broken ankle cant join you young shits in Kazoo, but if something gets going in GR let me know. Of course I cannt drive but arrangments can be made.

#146 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:58 AM

A group of J/35 and other sailors are meeting at Rosebud in Grand Haven next Sat. at 1:00 pm for some football and drinks. Bring the crew!  All others invited as well.

Hey GreatLakes, J35Fred - you guys still meeting tomorrow at Rosebud?

#147 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:01 AM

Well, and old shit with a broken ankle cant join you young shits in Kazoo, but if something gets going in GR let me know. Of course I cannt drive but arrangments can be made.

Get your broken ass, I mean ankle down here, DS! We'll let you know once Riding Point takes the helm again and picks a day.

#148 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:20 PM

Get your broken ass, I mean ankle down here, DS! We'll let you know once Riding Point takes the helm again and picks a day.

Here Ye Here Ye ... get out your sundials, watches, calandars and palm pilots ... the next official meeting of anarchists on the Mid-West Coast is going to be:

Date: February 10, 2005

Time: TBD (what works for everyone?)

Place: TBD (where do you think we should meet?)

#149 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:08 PM

Muskegon. Hi everyone. I race on the hippychic(one design 35). Work at the local marina.

Attached Files

#150 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

Muskegon. Hi everyone. I race on the hippychic(one design 35). Work at the local marina.

Are you guys looking for any help this summer at the marina? I'm looking for a summer job.

#151 1sailor

1sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • Interests:'SuperFly' Audi / Melges 20

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

Do any of the West MI SAer's have iceboats? I've never done it and would love to try ... or at least come and see someone do it.

Yep, I have a DN that I keep on Reeds Lake in GR.

Hit me at eric@terrafirmaprop.com to make arrangements, happy to oblige !!

#152 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:03 PM

Do any of the West MI SAer's have iceboats?  I've never done it and would love to try ... or at least come and see someone do it.

Yep, I have a DN that I keep on Reeds Lake in GR.

Hit me at eric@terrafirmaprop.com to make arrangements, happy to oblige !!

Thanks for the post ... Check your e-mail.

#153 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:32 AM

Are you guys looking for any help this summer at the marina? I'm looking for a summer job.

I would think that we will be adding a couple of people to help with launch season. You can contact The marina at,

www.torresen.com

Attached Files

#154 Platu 25

Platu 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:25 PM

Hey, are you the one was a little sick on the docks in Milwaukee after the Tripp Cup in 2004?

#155 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:57 PM

I remember that girl puking on the dock. The next morning my wife was standing on the dock waiting for me (we were rafted off of Hippy Chick) and some older guy asked her if she was feeling better.

#156 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:09 PM

Ah yes, fond memories of SSYC. I liked it when we went to our boat 2 years ago at the end of the south dock and found a couple doing the nasty right where we step onto our boat.

#157 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:38 PM

Were they in the right position to use as a step? :P

Will be on the west side of the state Tuesday, and am planning on stopping at the old Robert Thomas/ new Scholz ?? in GR for a late afternoon brew or two before heading home.

#158 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:42 PM

If you're ever in the Kzoo area, let us know. Riding Point is getting pretty good at scheduling these things on short notice.

#159 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:03 AM

Will be on the west side of the state Tuesday, and am planning on stopping at the old Robert Thomas/ new Scholz ?? in GR for a late afternoon brew or two before heading home.

Barley, where on the east side do you typically berth?

#160 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:59 AM

Live northwest of Detroit. Locally, I sail out of Bayview Yacht Club in Detroit and St Clair Shores. Also sail on that side of the state/Chicago.

#161 7.9 sailor

7.9 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • Interests:7.9's, other OD, rigging, Great Lakes racing

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

BM,
I'll be there at or near 1700. Wearin' an SA hat.
Cheers!!

They were in the right position to use the step as back support!! Fireworks goin' off both at summerfest and on the dock. I don't think his name was "god" but she kept sayin' it anyway.

#162 elevationsailing

elevationsailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:39 AM

BT that you? If not I bet you work at TMI----

I hear Bear Lake is rocken with Iceboats---- How is the ice?

#163 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:10 AM

BT that you? If not I bet you work at TMI----

I hear Bear Lake is rocken with Iceboats---- How is the ice?

Sorry JH, that wasn't me.

I'm in KW doing a little sailing on FG.

You been on Bear Lake yet? I bet it's ripping. Rumor has it all of the boys are set up there.

It's supposed to blow dogs off chains here tomorrow. It's been cool, gray and pretty breezy down here the past few days. Forecast for tomorrow is 20-30 with gusts to 35.....should be interesting.

I imagine the 24 guys might have a little fun!

#164 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:04 AM

Live northwest of Detroit. Locally, I sail out of Bayview Yacht Club in Detroit and St Clair Shores. Also sail on that side of the state/Chicago.

Sounds similar to my own habits ... Woo Hoo Bayview!

#165 dickie greenleaf

dickie greenleaf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:36 PM

'FG' - the boat that shall not be named.

Give our best to the 'gerb', who also sails on the boat that shall not be named.

Good luck, and kick some tail for us wee-little, non-Farr 40 people.

Will a certain 'Mr. Snyder' be sailing on FG during race week?

#166 1sailor

1sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:48 PM

Ah yes, fond memories of SSYC. I liked it when we went to our boat 2 years ago at the end of the south dock and found a couple doing the nasty right where we step onto our boat.

DO they still have that old lady w/ the PA system announcing calls on the "red phone" or "green phone" ?

Also, Dyslexic Dog I sent you a few emails and no reply did you get them ???

#167 Platu 25

Platu 25

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:57 PM

DO they still have that old lady w/ the PA system announcing calls on the "red phone" or "green phone" ?

I dont remember her from the 2004 race. I do remember the lady that you are speaking of. Lots of comical public service announcements!

#168 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

'FG' - the boat that shall not be named.

Give our best to the 'gerb', who also sails on the boat that shall not be named.

Good luck, and kick some tail for us wee-little, non-Farr 40 people.

Will a certain 'Mr. Snyder' be sailing on FG during race week?

No Mr. Snyder this week. There's quite a few new faces.

25 with gusts to 35. Postponed until 1:30

#169 flyright

flyright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hay did you race on a melges-24 first with SM

#170 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:14 PM

No thats my brother. I do however sail on 113 with the owners of the Hippy chic. This will be our first full summer with the boat. We are hoping to just get around the course in a timley fashion and not break something! Did you all notice how cold it was today? damn cold!!!!!!

Attached Files

#171 flyright

flyright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:40 PM

No thats my brother. I do however sail on 113 with the owners of the Hippy chic. This will be our first full summer with the boat. We are hoping to just get around the course in a timley fashion and not break something! Did you all notice how cold it was today? damn cold!!!!!!

did you get a chance to go swiming off the back of that boat last fall?

#172 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:14 AM

as in falling off the boat racing? no the only boat that I have ever came close to falling of was an old j24 named enJoy. I manged to stay on and with some help from sm I was back on the rail in no time.

#173 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:20 AM

There were 2 chicks on a 1d35 that had never sailed before in the 2004 Tripp!!!!?

That's fucked up, did any one check the forecast before making that bright call!?

Holy dumb fucking moves batman. I mean it's great to want to get laid, great to show off your "ocean racer" but get real, you could have had dead people out there that night. Alchohol and youth I guess.

It was lucky that none of the 14 plus tornado that blew through the cheddar curtain that night didn't track one of our sorry asses down and suck a boat off the lake. NOAA has a really crazy analysis of that storm and some of the whacked wind speeds people reported might have been true. Ours read.....7 knots, blew the freaking waves flat, stung like a MoFO and the wind-o-meter just lost it's grip on reality.

Hey it was amusing to meet some of the SWMI's last week, we need more people and a site that has food and beer for those older ones in the croud.

The Oatmeal stout was rupeted to be pretty good by the P o' Pointy End.

Platu, I liked the Blue Dolphin, replaced Theo and Stacy's on the list of gastronintestinal terror for sailors.

It was a delivery....not the race. They left the day before.

Maybe you should just take a few deep breaths and relax a fuzz....it's going to be OK!

Tornadoes?? Some of us call those water spouts....if I remember it was NIGHT....it makes seeing waterspouts a little tough.

BT

#174 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:47 AM

Dude,
You call me an asshole when we haven't even met! Usually it takes at least a few minutes before that deterimination is made. Hey, you are responsible for the boat and yourself, that is evident in your most recent post. Since you didn't invite the girls, and you say you aren't sailing with them again, maybe you should lighten up a bit.

Sort of like road rage with that extended index finger and all, difference is you are not anon in this small world, so let me buy you a beer at the SSYC and laugh about the girl puking on the dock. No finger was pointed at you, just the dumb call, don't claim that shit as yours!

Laugh about it and don't lash out, you made the initial statements about the storm, the night, the boat, and the uninvited guests.

So what facts have ever been in SA anyway?

Shit, I didn't call you any names and you tell me to fuck off asshole, wow.

Sail fast.

#175 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:16 AM

WOW you change your attitude like underware. You come across on the your first post like Mr. Ocean racer. As if you have never had a bad crossing or problems on your tight ship. When you say things that are not true about a person that you have never meet (deja vue) it tends to piss people off. So my response I feel was correct. You maybe the nicest person at ssyc but how am I to know? Well my new friend (can we just get along) I shall see you at the ssyc for that beer. Have a great day and stay warm.

Attached Files

#176 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:27 PM

easy boys ... this thread was meant to be a friendly gathering place for those of us from the Mid-West coast ...

#177 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, will just have to use those special binaculars in the SSYC bar to find out who is being an asshole.

My favoite "tripp" story.
I was doing a delivery instead of the Tripp race and left Holland Wed. evening. Motored across in the light wind and arrived at about 5 am. As we are motoring thru the breakwater I keep hearing this voice hailing me and asking if we were racing. "Why yes, we always win when we motor across the finish line, Who are you and where are you?"
Seems the RC had no running lights, hand held was dead, and so was the flashlight. I go below, load up fresh batteries in the old radio and flashlight, plus a nav light and hand them to the RC in a dink.
Later that morning, a hunter 34 with a dead battery comes sailing in along the inside of the breakwater. Now it is blowing pretty good and he is doing all of 4 knots when he spots an open slip. "I'm going in there"
Does a 90 deg. turn and the crew jumps off holding a dock line in his bear hands and preceeds to try and stop the boat without putting a bite on the dock line. I hear him going "OUCh OUch Ouch, F*****" as the line burns thru his hands. The boat came to a sudden stop as it ran into the steel I-beam on the dock and pealed the forstay almost out of the boat. The things you get to see at the SSYC.

#178 J30

J30

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

She retired !?!! There was NO PAGING @ SSYC this year ! That's no fun !

What a sweetheart she was.

Last year was her first year of retirement.

May she enjoy her Golden Years. God bless her for years of Queens Cup service on the PA.

And I hope she knows there is a caller holding on the red phone ...

"Paging Hugh Jazz. Hugh Jazz. Hugh Jazz. You have a call on the red phone in the bar. Hugh Jazz."

Man I crack myself up sometimes.

Jim Shorts - holding on line 2

I'm off to go enjoy a Dicken's Cider

No not really. Out of season.

Oh I must stop myself

#179 J30

J30

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

WOW you change your attitude like underware. You come across on the your first post like Mr. Ocean racer. As if you have never had a bad crossing or problems on your tight ship. When you say things that are not true about a person that you have never meet (deja vue) it tends to piss people off. So my response I feel was correct. You maybe the nicest person at ssyc but how am I to know? Well my new friend (can we just get along) I shall see you at the ssyc for that beer. Have a great day and stay warm.

So did she get too much sailin' or too much drinkin' ?

#180 glexpress

glexpress

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:44 PM

Speaker Lady, last year was my first Queens being an eastsider and I thought that was the most annoying shit ever.... man cannot pass out in peace

#181 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

Dude,
You call me an asshole when we haven't even met! Usually it takes at least a few minutes before that deterimination is made. Hey, you are responsible for the boat and yourself, that is evident in your most recent post. Since you didn't invite the girls, and you say you aren't sailing with them again, maybe you should lighten up a bit.

Sort of like road rage with that extended index finger and all, difference is you are not anon in this small world, so let me buy you a beer at the SSYC and laugh about the girl puking on the dock. No finger was pointed at you, just the dumb call, don't claim that shit as yours!

Laugh about it and don't lash out, you made the initial statements about the storm, the night, the boat, and the uninvited guests.

So what facts have ever been in SA anyway?

Shit, I didn't call you any names and you tell me to fuck off asshole, wow.

Sail fast.

That's the pot calling the kettle black.....

Let's all just count to ten and take a few deep breaths....ready....inhale.....exhale...

#182 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

take a few deep breaths....ready....inhale.....exhale...

that slowed me irish heart down ... thanks.

#183 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:55 PM

BT I hope that things are going well in KW. We are watching the race results and hoping to see the FG go up in the standings. Good luck sail fast. One more thing it is COLD ! No thats not enough it is f*&^%$# COLD!

Db.

Attached Files

#184 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:13 AM

Mr. Travellift ... what's with all the pics ... in every post ... what the deal is?

#185 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:44 AM

Mr. Travellift ... what's with all the pics ... in every post ... what the deal is?

Sorry mr. riding. I guess Im not sure what the deal is. I have not yet been told what the deal was or is. I am hoping that you can help me out and explain the deal. Deals can be shady at times so I want all the info. What the deal is? Look no picture. But the last picture was funny. Who puts a tattoo of a deer and a race car on their back? Take care.

#186 1sailor

1sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:51 AM

Hello BT,

STELLAR ice boating conditions today Scott Morris and I as well as 7 others shredding reeds lake today. Probably the best conditions Ive ever sailed in.

GPS reported big numbers, even though I am a wanker....

Good luck on FG, give Gerb a smack on the ass and leave some $1's at Rick"s for me.

Youll see me at KWRW next year f"sho...

1sailor

#187 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:12 AM

Hey 1sailor, tell Scotty to check his email.

#188 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:24 AM

Sorry mr. riding. I guess Im not sure what the deal is. I have not yet been told what the deal was or is. I am hoping that you can help me out and explain the deal. Deals can be shady at times so I want all the info. What the deal is? Look no picture. But the last picture was funny. Who puts a tattoo of a deer and a race car on their back? Take care.

No need for being sorry ... just wondering what the deal is ... and the deal is explained as of now. Peace ... and the rest is already gone.

#189 dannybtravellift

dannybtravellift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:13 AM

No need for being sorry ... just wondering what the deal is ... and the deal is explained as of now. Peace ... and the rest is already gone.

My dear sir. Pictures are worth a thousand words they say. I just really like to take random pictures and post them. Some are good,some are dumb. I hope that people will find something they can relate to in the pictures. Its just for fun. So enjoy your snowy Wednesday. Where I live we are getting dumped on! They are saying 8-10 by morning. Take care.

dlb.

No picture.

#190 Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:06 AM

Live in South Haven
Race a Melges 24 out of South Haven

Short Handed

I will try to get the band together in K-Zoo for the next get together, if anyone needs a ride from South Haven lets make it a road trip..

[QUOTE]"If you are going to dumb you gota be tough"

#191 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:36 PM

Man, I take a business trip for a few days and all hell breaks loose on this thread. Not only that, but I have no clue about anything anymore.

Hroth

#192 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

Here Ye Here Ye ... get out your sundials, watches, calandars and palm pilots ... the next official meeting of anarchists on the Mid-West Coast is going to be:

Date: February 10, 2005

Time: TBD (what works for everyone?)

Place: TBD (where do you think we should meet?)

Don't worry Hroth ... this is all you really need to know! What your input for the TBD's?

#193 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:00 AM

Thursday the 20th is out Brain Freeze, though next Thursday looks like a good possibility. Platu, Speednut, ULDB, a few other locals are going to play near the beltbeads--thanks D Dog that's a great phrase.

Thought you were a perma-troll?

We need a large fan and access to a local pool for some RC'n fun! I have two fans, who has the pool?

l8r

#194 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:03 AM

Riding Point suggested Feb 10. Just need to find a place and time. Of course, I'm sure next Thursday would work just fine for me.

Brain Freeze, make sure the rest of your crew make it. I have a busted hatch that I don't know what to do with and thought they might like it. ;)

#195 Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:32 PM

Shorthanded
The least they could do is buy some beers. Don't forget if you need crew for some distance races let me know.

#196 Riding Point

Riding Point

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:33 PM

Oh shit ... we fell off the front forum page .... I'll fix it.

#197 Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:29 AM

When is the next get together? Holland or K Zoo ?

#198 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:38 AM

Kzoo, on the 10th of Feb. We still have to decide on a location. 5:30 PM work for everyone?

#199 rob-john

rob-john

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:42 AM

Kzoo, on the 10th of Feb. We still have to decide on a location. 5:30 PM work for everyone?

Can you people pick a day on the weekend so us West MI wannabe's can make
it over to that side of the state?

#200 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:47 AM

I see no problem with that! Let us know when you'll be in the area. We're always up for drinking...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users