124 replies to this topic

#101 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,881 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

OK so you wake up Saturday morning an your 1/2 Billionaire - now what?

Anyone have the phone number to Blackwater Security Consulting just in case

its called Acedemi now.

252-435-2488

#102 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Truthfully, I've thought about this a lot and I wouldn't be happy if I won this. I'd give most of it away, I live off about $200 a month as it is right now and I'm completely content. Pay off the school debt, probably go to grad school, pay off my family's debt, make sure my siblings and cousins go to college without a problem, maybe throw a little in a hedge fund for the hell of it, and the rest would just sit in the bank until I needed it. I want to live life before I sit on life.

#103 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,213 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Truthfully, I've thought about this a lot and I wouldn't be happy if I won this. I'd give most of it away, I live off about $200 a month as it is right now and I'm completely content. Pay off the school debt, probably go to grad school, pay off my family's debt, make sure my siblings and cousins go to college without a problem, maybe throw a little in a hedge fund for the hell of it, and the rest would just sit in the bank until I needed it. I want to live life before I sit on life.

Try living life spending 8+hrs a day sitting working. LOL - I'd rather have this money and go live life than spend half of it sitting in a damn chair working so I can enjoy the other half of the time doing the stuff I enjoy. LOL

#104 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • Interests:Building and managing websites using the Umbraco CMS

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Duck and cover as your name gets out there with your having dough. Plenty of folks out there with bucks, but they don't have quite the spotlight the winner will have shining on them.

I want to win (with Duncan), but I would guess it would change a lot.

#105 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

I would have MWE set-up a trust and fuckoff the rest of my life....

#106 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

tax free federal bonds..... you'd make over 12 mil a year in interest

#107 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

If no one wins tonight, the are expecting the jackpot to be close to 975,000,000. That is almost 1 billion????

HA HA HA.

Imagine if all the idiots (me included)donated the money they are wasting??

I only play when it gets over 200mil.

For you Cali players, Your odds are far better to win playing the Super Lotto....and there are no State Taxes on the Super Lotto.

Mega pays state and federal taxes..........OUCH

Its 7:50pm here in CA, 10 minutes till....................................................BOOBS

Posted Image

#108 Willin'

Willin'

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:All water sports, restoring/building wooden boats, bicycling, XC skiing, Hendricks Gin

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

I bought $5.00 worth of quick pix on the way home from the bar tonight. That and the quart of beer cost more than I had in my wallet. I had to pay for the lottery tix with my last $5 and paid for the beer with a credit card, in a gas station, with the impatient guys huffin behind me in line.

That's right, I'm a lottery ho.

#109 LakeBoy

LakeBoy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Heard three winning tickets. Maryland, Illinois and Oklahoma. That means I missed it by at least a couple of states.

#110 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

why did I move!!!

#111 austin1972

austin1972

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

IL, eh? I'll have to check my numbers.
Heard a funny one yesterday about what's the 1st thing you'd do if you won the Mega.
He said, "Call Betty Ford and tell them I'll be there in 2 weeks".

#112 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ <--- Dont need this anymore...

#113 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

or this http://www.sothebysr...tsdale-az-85262

:(

#114 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,283 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Anybody heard/seen the Bus Driver in the last couple days? Maybe he has the Baltimore ticcy.

I also figured out what I would do if I won a lottery for a ludicrous amount of money. I would start my own lottery. Apparently $1.5 billion in ticket sales. Next lottery jackpot: $12 million. That my friends is good ROI. Is it possible to buy stock in the lottery corporation?

#115 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Anybody heard/seen the Bus Driver in the last couple days? Maybe he has the Baltimore ticcy.

I also figured out what I would do if I won a lottery for a ludicrous amount of money. I would start my own lottery. Apparently $1.5 billion in ticket sales. Next lottery jackpot: $12 million. That my friends is good ROI. Is it possible to buy stock in the lottery corporation?

Ha! We were saying the same thing last night. Alas, we don't have anything to worry about--didn't get one stinkin' number!

#116 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

damn, the scourge of the Optis will continue unabated.

#117 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'd definitely take a mill or two just to mess around in investments. Maybe some risky AAs, fund some new tech company, etc, decent slice in Google, etc.

#118 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

I never understood buying more than one. To me, the whole entertainment value in a lottery ticket is in holding a piece of paper that might potentially be worth a metric shitload of money. It's not like holding two of them, making your odds a zillion to two against you instead of a zillion to one, is twice as entertaining or anything....

Makes perfect statistical sense. 1/1,000,000 + 1/1,000,001 is still better than 1/1,000,000.

You're not buying a lottery ticket for financial reasons -- the expected return is less than unity -- you're buying it for the entertainment value, and doubling your chances of winning does not double the entertainment value.

#119 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Think about it this way. It took George David 5 mil a year to run Rambler 90 so assume 7 to run Rambler 100. INvest your fortune so that you get 10 mill a year in interest then spend your life racing the sick maxi yacht you own.

Winning!!!

#120 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Ah, that'd be invest so you make about 22 million, so you've got 10 million to play with.

Yep, in the real we have to pay taxes.

#121 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ah, that'd be invest so you make about 22 million, so you've got 10 million to play with.

Yep, in the real we have to pay taxes.

Capital gains baby, I would aim to live romney style and pay only 13-17% tax.

#122 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

looks like the original striped cushions stay on the old t-30....

#123 austin1972

austin1972

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Well, my ticket won $3 so I can say I won the Mega and I already blew my winnings....on a beer at the bar. Still had out of pocket costs for tip but it was fun throwing down the $3 I won.

#124 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

I'd definitely take a mill or two just to mess around in investments. Maybe some risky AAs, fund some new tech company, etc, decent slice in Google, etc.

but the beauty of the federal tax free bonds.. is you don't get taxed on the interest.. you just file 1040ez forms for the rest of your life..
it would be "reported income 0" sign at the bottom .. done.. of course you'd have to live in one of the states that don't have a state income tax..

#125 Shibby

Shibby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

but the beauty of the federal tax free bonds.. is you don't get taxed on the interest.. you just file 1040ez forms for the rest of your life..
it would be "reported income 0" sign at the bottom .. done.. of course you'd have to live in one of the states that don't have a state income tax..

or just a state that doesnt have state income tax on bonds...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users