#4 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
  • Interests:MrsBlack, Brigadoon, freedom

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

She's lucky she's not dead from a concussion.

#5 Sox Da Puppet

Sox Da Puppet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Getting a life!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Pretty pathetic we find humor in this shit! Yes I am guilty as the rest. I do hope she came out of it OK

Great add for Jet Blue by the way... Between this and the pilot meltdown that have the making for a great campaign - Jet Blown

#6 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

At the end of the clip, is that a cop giving the girl a ticket for her stupidity? If so, we need that here in the U.S.

#7 TPG

TPG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

stayed at the hotel at the end of the beach, was fun to watch drunk retards get beaten down by the jet engines.

#8 bsainsbury

bsainsbury

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Sail boating

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

ouch

#9 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

amazing after all these years they dont have some kind of wind deflector built there

#10 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,181 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Coated by a fine mist of carbonized (and not so carbonized) jet fuel then sand blasted? No thanks.

It is a good reminder that the average IQ is 99.

#11 jewing

jewing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:If you're on this site, probably not that much different than yours

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

1333992579[/url]' post='3665035']
amazing after all these years they dont have some kind of wind deflector built there

I don't think they can, or better said, on the balance, the fence is the safer solution. Why? Because planes land there too, and the short runway means they need to approach low and touch down as close to the end of the runway as possible. Clipping a fence would likely lead to fewer problems than clipping a full deflector.
So the natural next question is why don't they just seal off the beach? I don't have an answer for that, but I think it has to do with the road, which I believe is a pretty critical link across the island. And the cost of having enough cops to prevent stupidity there is probably prohibitive...

#12 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I don't think they can, or better said, on the balance, the fence is the safer solution. Why? Because planes land there too, and the short runway means they need to approach low and touch down as close to the end of the runway as possible. Clipping a fence would likely lead to fewer problems than clipping a full deflector.
So the natural next question is why don't they just seal off the beach? I don't have an answer for that, but I think it has to do with the road, which I believe is a pretty critical link across the island. And the cost of having enough cops to prevent stupidity there is probably prohibitive...

Not to mention the draw that it has on apparently-low-IQ tourists.

I say leave it the way it is and let Darwin do his work.

#13 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

1333993344[/url]' post='3665057']

1333992579[/url]' post='3665035']

Having enough cops to prevent stupidty sounds to me like having enough hookers to prevent promiscuity...

#14 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,659 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Fun way to spend an hour, highly recommended after a few big rum drinkies. Not for the weak, or for pussies more comfortable never leaving their all-inclusive hotel. Problem is not so much holding on as it is trying to breathe through what is essentially a huge sandblaster.

#15 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,659 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Cops?
This is Holland, not America, which means the government doesn't really give a fuck what you do there so long as you pay your bills.

#16 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,659 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Coated by a fine mist of carbonized (and not so carbonized) jet fuel then sand blasted? No thanks.

The average IQ after an afternoon drinking and smoking Sint Maarten's finest is quite a bit lower. Besides, the fuel/sand scrub followed by a dip in the azure water accomplishes exactly what the spa up the road does with their lava scrub/exfoliation treatment. So you save $450.00 and two hours of time by just hanging on to the fence.

#17 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

The average IQ after an afternoon drinking and smoking Sint Maarten's finest is quite a bit lower. Besides, the fuel/sand scrub followed by a dip in the azure water accomplishes exactly what the spa up the road does with their lava scrub/exfoliation treatment. So you save $450.00 and two hours of time by just hanging on to the fence.

Am assuming its not the kind of spa that gives out happy endings too?

#18 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,211 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

why not get a kiteboard and tie yer arse to the concrete wall till MAX+BLAST

then pop the quick release

POOF Yer Flyin High

Posted Image

Oh and don't forget to shoot som Vid too

#19 Tranquilo

Tranquilo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Cops?
This is Holland, not America, which means the government doesn't really give a fuck what you do there so long as you pay your bills.

And your taxes!

#20 HattieIrvin

HattieIrvin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

Posted ImageFirst comment sums it up.

#21 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,228 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Jet blew?....

#22 Rasputin22

Rasputin22

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I was down there trying to get my crew to the airport to fly out and there is a traffic circle that was all backed up due to a line of taxis with tourists all lined up along that stretch of road awaiting the evening departure of the AirFrance 747! We finally went around the traffic circle to the terminal the wrong way, but it seemed like the whole deal was stop traffic and let the fares get out and hang on to the fence and have the experience! I'd love to see a taxi van get blown into the ocean, but they wisely leave a gap in the line and pretty have this "e-ticket" ride down to a science. Just bring your offshore harness and clip in to the fence and enjoy!

#23 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,228 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

About 8-10 years ago I was cruising north on Aviation Blvd (which goes north/south), at the eastern end of LAX's main runway (where they normally take off west, over the Pacific). Had an E350 work van that day, with an extended top. Not sure if the jet that I passed behind had lined up in the wrong spot, or if the airport people had moved a reflector thiny, but holy crapoly, that sudden burst of air pushed the van over one lane and almost into the fence. I've been thru four 'canes in my life, and I'd guess that puff was a good 75 knots at least. Scary shit.....

#24 punter

punter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic