#101 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Nuckies, not dead yet!

seems that the Sedin sisters have some balls afterall.......twas an all Canadian nite

#102 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Sidenote on the broadcasting, probably doesn't need to be said, I know; NBC SUCKS

Carry on.

#103 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Sidenote on the broadcasting, probably doesn't need to be said, I know; NBC SUCKS

Carry on.

+∞

I hate Pierre McGuire with a burning passion.

#104 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Good thing the Tigers are playing and boats are in the water. This is looking like the shortest playoff run for the Wings in a while.

The way Rinne is playing, he's going to send a lot of people home early. That and the Wings look tired old.

sorry, but they are.

#105 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

i was on the road, kinda pissed that i was missing the sens-rangers game. hmmm this rental has sirius/xm....twiddle, twiddle, twiddle....hey! NHL network and the sens game! one minute later the sens score!

#106 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Carry on.

Only good thing about NBC compared to whats available in the US, they are giving great coverage to the playoffs.

Seriously! That dude is balls deep on Crosby. Whenever the Pens play someone, it's like the other team doesn't exist. Horrible, at best.

#107 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Seriously! That dude is balls deep on Crosby. Whenever the Pens play someone, it's like the other team doesn't exist. Horrible, at best.

How many shots would it take to make him tolerable? Enough to where I can't hear him or enough to blur my vision enough so the light shining of his dome stops burning my retinas.

#108 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

After that Torres crap 2 years in a row to the Hawks... Go Hawks!

#109 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

How many shots would it take to make him tolerable? Enough to where I can't hear him or enough to blur my vision enough so the light shining of his dome stops burning my retinas.

:lol:

Might take more than shots! Speaking of shots, Mike Keenan has been doing some commentating on the CNBC feed, tell me you don't think he's had several pre-air belts!!?? Sounds like he's slurring his speech a tad.

#110 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Carry on.

+∞

us up in the Great White North we were forced to see his face for years........now our gift to you.......not feeling the love though.......

#111 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Carry on.

+∞

us up in the Great White North we were forced to see his face for years........now our gift to you.......not feeling the love though.......

I love the gift, and I don't mean to be rude but did you happen to keep the receipt before you gave him to us? I can't return him without one.

#112 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Good thing the Tigers are playing and boats are in the water. This is looking like the shortest playoff run for the Wings in a while.

The way Rinne is playing, he's going to send a lot of people home early. That and the Wings look tired old.

sorry, but they are.

Lidstrom, Holmstrom, and Bertuzzi, sure but Lidstrom at near 42 is still better than most of the Dmen in the league. The rest?. Not really. Nashville is playing very solid patient defensive hockey and not allowing Detroit second opportunities with Rinne out of position, and capitalizing on Detroit's frequent mistakes. And Franzen, Filppula, Hudler haven't shown up in this series.

#113 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

sorry, but they are.

Lidstrom, Holmstrom, and Bertuzzi, sure but Lidstrom at near 42 is still better than most of the Dmen in the league. The rest?. Not really. Nashville is playing very solid patient defensive hockey and not allowing Detroit second opportunities with Rinne out of position, and capitalizing on Detroit's frequent mistakes. And Franzen, Filppula, Hudler haven't shown up in this series.

but franzen, datsyk, cleary, zetterberg and kronwell are all 31-33. so this is "high prime" but old is the next stop. so now you have 8 of 20 roster players AND THE VERY BEST OF THEM on the far side of 30...where are the young stars? filpula, hudler, helm and ericson are 25-28, just coming into their prime but at this point i don't see anybody saying filpula is the next datsyuk nor is he playing like it. crosby, malkin, stamkos, giroux, skinner, hall, eberle, nugent hopkins, karlson, doughty, sequin, backstrom, coutouier....there is a very long list of the very best hockey players that are all younger than detroit's up and comers...just sayin'.

#114 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Weird ... just noticed this ...

Three of the top 20 winningest coaches of all time that have a team currently competing in the NHL post season are all in the Central division.

Joel Q., Hitch and Trotz.

Incredible.

#115 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

sorry, but they are.

but franzen, datsyk, cleary, zetterberg and kronwell are all 31-33. so this is "high prime" but old is the next stop. so now you have 8 of 20 roster players AND THE VERY BEST OF THEM on the far side of 30...where are the young stars? filpula, hudler, helm and ericson are 25-28, just coming into their prime but at this point i don't see anybody saying filpula is the next datsyuk nor is he playing like it. crosby, malkin, stamkos, giroux, skinner, hall, eberle, nugent hopkins, karlson, doughty, sequin, backstrom, coutouier....there is a very long list of the very best hockey players that are all younger than detroit's up and comers...just sayin'.

Filppula is not the same style of player as Datsyuk, few are. He has underachieved for years, but did have his best year, where he goes from here is anyone's guess. He has the tools to be a top tier player. As with Franzen.

There is young talent in the organization, Holland also likes to leave players in the minors longer than most gms do, and Detroit has had an older roster for years and managed four cups since 1997. Brendan Smith, Nyquist (more like Datsyuk's style), Kindl, Emmerton, Mursak, Andersson, Sheehan to name a few. Abdelkader and Helm are 25. There is also cap room for the first time since the cap began, enough to make a serious run at a Suter, and\or a big power forward. Hardly time for panic. Teams seem to build for one year for a run, then have to dismantle to stay under the cap (Hawks?),Holland and Nill have avoided that.

The league is a lot closer in terms of talent than it has been in a long long, and I think that is a great thing - assuming Bettman doesn't mess it up. The days of buying cups are done.

#116 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Carry on.

+∞

I love the gift, and I don't mean to be rude but did you happen to keep the receipt before you gave him to us? I can't return him without one.

na.....sorry....i take penecillin for that......no reciepts that way. :ph34r:

you had your 30 day, 25 cliches already.....no refund forrrrr you

#117 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Carry on.

Yeah but you are seeing a lot more games since they bought out Versus.

#118 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

sorry, but they are.

Well 20 years in the playoffs does limit the number of top 5 draft picks a team is going to have. What did Pittsburgh have in the span of 4 years, 2 #1s and 2 #2s. Sure they are going to have some young studs. For a while Detroit did great with late picks, until the rest of the league figured out how they were doing it, now those guys are gone early.

To talk about how the Wings lost diminishes the fact that Nashville made the wings look old and tired. Nashville just flat out outplayed the Wings. Until a rash of late season injuries the Wings had the best record in the NHL. A couple of key guys were still hurt, but all teams have guys dinged up at this point of the season. The Preds won, congrats to the Preds.

#119 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Raffi gone for 25 for trying to kill Hossa. See you in 2013 asshole.

#120 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

Andersonout henried henry....go sens

#121 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Andersonout henried henry....go sens

Not easy to do, out playing the King.

Andy stopped what, 40-something shots tonight?

If they can put away another, will it come to Andy vs. Theo? Wild.

#122 tigger12

tigger12

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

If you want a laugh ... a Fox Sports reporter mistook Bieksa for Kesler after game 4--and it proved to be an opportunity too good to pass up ... Beiksa is a hell of a d-man, but he is also has a wicked sense of humour ... somehow he kept it going for three minutes and never cracked. Bieksa even manages to get a dig in at Ohio State (where Kesler went to school) at the expense of Bowling Green (where Bieksa went). :D

http://vansunsportsb...be-ryan-kesler/

#123 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

If you want a laugh ... a Fox Sports reporter mistook Bieksa for Kesler after game 4--and it proved to be an opportunity too good to pass up ... Beiksa is a hell of a d-man, but he is also has a wicked sense of humour ... somehow he kept it going for three minutes and never cracked. Bieksa even manages to get a dig in at Ohio State (where Kesler went to school) at the expense of Bowling Green (where Bieksa went). :D

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/04/21/kevin-bieksa-does-an-entire-interview-pretending-to-be-ryan-kesler/

Jeez, where is Fox getting their reporters? Can't be bothered to check a roster before doing an interview? He was probably sent over there by another Nuck as a joke, or else got his alternate captains confused.

Either way, it doesn't give a lot of credence to Fox Sports.

#124 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/04/21/kevin-bieksa-does-an-entire-interview-pretending-to-be-ryan-kesler/

Hilarious! :lol:

#125 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

the only prediction that mattered just came true...

the cansucks are out of the playoffs. once again this season louwrongo proved he is useless at blocking beach balls. i hope like hell his overpaid overrated sorry ass gets traded... for draft choices.

for the cansucks faithful... suckers!!!

#126 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Carry on.

As sacreligious as this may sound, there actually is a limit to how much hockey I can watch and enjoy. I'll take quality over quantity on this one.

#127 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

the Sens are full of surprises. In game five they insert Mark Stone straight from junior and he makes a real slick play to spezza for the winner. Now this guy jets in from sweden after leading his swedish pro team to the league championship as the MVP of the season and the playoffs.

#128 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

the Sens are full of surprises. In game five they insert Mark Stone straight from junior and he makes a real slick play to spezza for the winner. Now this guy jets in from sweden after leading his swedish pro team to the league championship as the MVP of the season and the playoffs.

And then they play their worst game of the series. Fuck.

#129 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

their season is over...not going to win at the Garden on Thurs....

ps....that goal was complete BULLSHIT. Neal KICKED it in the net like he was Pele

#130 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

ps....that goal was complete BULLSHIT. Neal KICKED it in the net like he was Pele

I hope you're right, but the Rangers couldn't pull it together to win at the Garden on Saturday.

#131 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I hope you're right, but the Rangers couldn't pull it together to win at the Garden on Saturday.

I used to work above The Garden at 2 Penn Plaza, I'm not sure I could count the number of late nights I came out of the office to see an ocean of fans in Rangers gear coming out of those doors with smashed hopes and sad faces.

Something about the Garden and the Rangers/Knicks ... it turns losing into a cultural meme.

Anyway, go Rangers, go Sens, I love 'em both.

#132 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I used to work above The Garden at 2 Penn Plaza, I'm not sure I could count the number of late nights I came out of the office to see an ocean of fans in Rangers gear coming out of those doors with smashed hopes and sad faces.

Something about the Garden and the Rangers/Knicks ... it turns losing into a cultural meme.

Anyway, go Rangers, go Sens, I love 'em both.

I was probably one of them. Not sure if the building itself is to blame or the Dolans.

#133 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

the kick missed, you won. sheesh, the rangers fans are sore-winning whiners just like their coach ;)

#134 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I was probably one of them. Not sure if the building itself is to blame or the Dolans.

I vote Dolans. A little secret of the MSG box office at the time (a few years ago) is that their lease required them to make some low cost tickets available. If you went on the right day before they sold out, the deals were good.

I took a lunch hour down there once and bought about twenty tickets for $5/each. They weren't the best games or the best seats obviously, but my wife and I and little daughter had a lot of terrific evenings up in the rafters of the Garden. Something about it makes even bad games good.

Weirdest Garden event ... watching the Westminster Kennel Show and cheering for our favorite mutts as honestly as if they were Messier or Ewing.

#135 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

the kick missed, you won. sheesh, the rangers fans are sore-winning whiners just like their coach ;)

yeah, just miraculously the puck sped up and changed direction after Neal's skate didn't touch it. Whatever, that really shouldn't have been the issue. Neal pushing Lunquist out of his crease with his stick should have cancelled the goal.
Is it possible that both teams could lose game 7? Can't stand either the Sens, or Rangers.

#136 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

Disappointed, to say the least. You really can't get mad at it, as much as I am, because you know that they gave it a shot and it wouldn't have even gone OT without Thomas. But I hope for fuck's sake that the Rangers lose tomorrow, that'll make up for it.

#137 Lee G

Lee G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Fuck the Rangers. Life Long Islanders fan. Well always have the early 80's.

+1

Anyone but the rangers and bruins.

One down....go Senators!! :)

#138 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Disappointed, to say the least. You really can't get mad at it, as much as I am, because you know that they gave it a shot and it wouldn't have even gone OT without Thomas. But I hope for fuck's sake that the Rangers lose tomorrow, that'll make up for it.

I hate the Caps. Fucking pathetic effort for a defending Champion. My Grammy has a better powerplay.

#139 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

your crediting Thomas for the going the distance?...........IMHO the third string goalie (Holtby) deserves it all.......all seven games, one goal differance....amazing series really.

Go the King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#140 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

I hate the Caps. Fucking pathetic effort for a defending Champion. My Grammy has a better powerplay.

Your Grams does indeed have a better power play by she's still a bit too slow coming out of neutral zone and she takes too many lofties from the boards.

#141 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I vote Dolans. A little secret of the MSG box office at the time (a few years ago) is that their lease required them to make some low cost tickets available. If you went on the right day before they sold out, the deals were good.

I took a lunch hour down there once and bought about twenty tickets for $5/each. They weren't the best games or the best seats obviously, but my wife and I and little daughter had a lot of terrific evenings up in the rafters of the Garden. Something about it makes even bad games good.

Weirdest Garden event ... watching the Westminster Kennel Show and cheering for our favorite mutts as honestly as if they were Messier or Ewing.

I wish I had know that secret when I was living in NYC. Instead my garden visits where typically courtesy of someone's boss getting rid of extra tickets.

As for last nights B's-Caps game, my office is near the TD Garden so I swung by Sully's Tap room for a pint with the few Bs fans that I can tolerate. Good times, a little pink hat "Oh I love the Bruins but can't name any players" eye-candy.

I'm absolutely blown away by some of the racists tweets I've been seeing. That's embarrassing.

#142 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

your crediting Thomas for the going the distance?...........IMHO the third string goalie (Holtby) deserves it all.......all seven games, one goal differance....amazing series really.

I wouldn't put this kind of blatant disregard last a Bene owner, let alone a Canadian. That game should've been over in the third, Timmy's save brought it to OT.

#143 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Playoff hockey!

#144 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I wouldn't put this kind of blatant disregard last a Bene owner, let alone a Canadian. That game should've been over in the third, Timmy's save brought it to OT.

Trust an American to make it personal.........i gather you were one of the first to tweet your Ward comments........you pompous ass
i notice you dont advertise your ride........kinda like hiding behind your mamas skirt.......

Your entire team consists of all Canadians and europeans........only one fackn American.........Thomas, who as you know mocked the President of the United States. need i say more?
your beloved Bruins lost.....get over it

#145 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL mutha fucka B)

#146 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Trust an American to make it personal.........i gather you were one of the first to tweet your Ward comments........you fat fuck
i notice you dont advertise your ride........kinda like hiding behind your mamas skirt.......

Your entire team consists of all Canadians and europeans........only one fackn American.........Thomas, who as you know mocked the President of the United States.

Wait, at what point did Beneteau enter the realm of having to feel bad about owning one? They're strong, beautiful boats. What's the problem with a Bene? Is it just a Jeanneau thing?

For anarchy, this place sure can get snobby.

Shit. Goal.

#147 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Trust an American to make it personal.........i gather you were one of the first to tweet your Ward comments........you fat fuck

Your entire team consists of all Canadians and europeans........only one fackn American.........Thomas, who as you know mocked the President of the United States.

Wait, at what point did Beneteau enter the realm of having to feel bad about owning one? They're strong, beautiful boats. What's the problem with a Bene? Is it just a Jeanneau thing?

For anarchy, this place sure can get snobby.

Shit. Goal.

+1 go rangers go........the king rules

#148 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

The King rules. Still, Andy and the lads gave them Rangers quite a fight.

Now that the Sens are out, I see a straight shot for them right to St. Louis.

#149 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Was a nice night to be a Rangers fan. Hopefully they're not too banged up and will be ready to go tmrw.

#150 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Trust an American to make it personal.........i gather you were one of the first to tweet your Ward comments........you pompous ass

Your entire team consists of all Canadians and europeans........only one fackn American.........Thomas, who as you know mocked the President of the United States. need i say more?

Lovely assumption on the Ward comments; I read the article on that and I'm actually pretty disgusted by the blatant disregard of respect for a person. And...the majority of those two "tweeted" about Ward after that goal were either anonymous users or ignorant teenagers; but I'll let that slide.

And even so, when Thomas "mocked" Obama, I stood by him. Takes a real man to stand up to the Liberal shithole of a government we have. Mitt's the Tits, and if that moron gets reelected, I'll PM you about renting some space out.

Just because you're a foreigner, doesn't mean you can reasonably argue...or did they not teach you that in school.

#151 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

The King rules. Still, Andy and the lads gave them Rangers quite a fight.

Now that the Sens are out, I see a straight shot for them right to St. Louis.

zack smith will be having nightmares for a while. the rangers do not give many shooting/passing lanes, so they couldn't get henrick moving across the crease and one of the few times they do smith lifts his head as the puck arrives and whiffs on a shot at an open net! arrrrrgggghhhhh!

#152 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Lovely assumption on the Ward comments; I read the article on that and I'm actually pretty disgusted by the blatant disregard of respect for a person. And...the majority of those two "tweeted" about Ward after that goal were either anonymous users or ignorant teenagers; but I'll let that slide.

And even so, when Thomas "mocked" Obama, I stood by him. Takes a real man to stand up to the Liberal shithole of a government we have. Mitt's the Tits, and if that moron gets reelected, I'll PM you about renting some space out.

Just because you're a foreigner, doesn't mean you can reasonably argue...or did they not teach you that in school.

I value my time here.....seems your all Preparation, and no "H".....enjoy the playoffs, now run along little boy.................

#153 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

I value my time here.....seems your all Preparation, and no "H".....enjoy the playoffs, now run along little boy.................

*you're. If you're going to insult someone, at least word it right.

#154 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

I stand corrected
now......predictions for the next round anyone?

#155 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

I stand corrected.....

now......predictions for the next round anyone?

NHL Hockey 2011-12 thread, geed.

#156 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

I had no idea that the Yotes had that kind of meat in them. Rinne looks like he's done now that they finally took the Wings. WTF?

#157 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

I had no idea that the Yotes had that kind of meat in them. Rinne looks like he's done now that they finally took the Wings. WTF?

Dave Tippet is one of the best coaches in the league, hands down. As far as Nashville goes, lets see what happens on their sheet of ice. If they lose the next one, right with ya.

#158 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Dave Tippet is one of the best coaches in the league, hands down. As far as Nashville goes, lets see what happens on their sheet of ice. If they lose the next one, right with ya.

Barry Trotz is no slouch either, he's one of the top 20 winningest coaches in NHL history.

#159 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Carry on.

Yes, seeing more games. I don't think I caught a St. Louis home game this year.
Do any other NHL venues still play old-timey organ music? Big thumbs-up!
It sure beats this "EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS" bullshit.

#160 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sometimes, you're lucky enough to have the commentator drown out the Top 40s the idiot in the sound booth plays.

#161 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Carry on.

Yes, seeing more games. I don't think I caught a St. Louis home game this year.

St. Louis took the top spot an a ranking (espn?) that I read, they figured out the right way to present awesome hockey.

Kinda bummed the're down to the Kings, all that great depth with Elliott and Halak just evaporated now that Halak has a busted gut.

#162 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Kings look seriously fuckin' right. Wouldn't be surprising to see them in the finals.

#163 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Kings look seriously fuckin' right. Wouldn't be surprising to see them in the finals.

Yeah, they are playing some REALLY good hockey in front of a hot goaltender. Dangerous combo. Where was this during the regular season?

It's been said before but wouldn't it be fun to have an LA/Philly SCF? Mike Richards would be in rare form, to be sure.

#164 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

In other news, Nashville suspends Radulov and A. Kostitsyn for game three: team rules violation. Check it here. That will hurt them in a must win game. Strong move by the organization.

#165 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, they are playing some REALLY good hockey in front of a hot goaltender. Dangerous combo. Where was this during the regular season?

It's been said before but wouldn't it be fun to have an LA/Philly SCF? Mike Richards would be in rare form, to be sure.

AND carter against simmonds and schen. a Philly/LA final would be fantastic

speaking of philly, brierre is some kinda playoff performer! they need bryzgalov to settle in and be consistent thogh.

#166 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

In other news, Nashville suspends Radulov and A. Kostitsyn for game three: team rules violation. Check it here. That will hurt them in a must win game. Strong move by the organization.

Total class move by Trotz. I love that a Southern hockey club is that committed to the game.

When are we going to find out what they did?

#167 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Sucks for.Smitty, he has the worst luck in trading to Edmonton just when the Kings are coming out. I would love to see him lift the Cup once before they stick him in the ground.

#168 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

AND carter against simmonds and schen. a Philly/LA final would be fantastic

speaking of philly, brierre is some kinda playoff performer! they need bryzgalov to settle in and be consistent thogh.

That, or score 8 every night

#169 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I am really dragging at work today after last nights 3-OTs Rangers win. That is all, carry on.

#170 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

I am really dragging at work today after last nights 3-OTs Rangers win. That is all, carry on.

this article on minutes played inspired by last nights marathon (great game by the way). look at this:

Sergei Zubov, Dal April 24, 2003 63:51
Derian Hatcher, Dal April 24, 2003 62:02
Dan McGillis, Phi May 4, 2000 61:05
Luke Richardson, Phi May 4, 2000 59:51
Jaromir Jagr, Pit May 4, 2000 59:08
Sergei Zubov, Dal April 27, 1999 57:00
Brian Campbell, SJ May 4, 2oo8 56:23
Shawn Chambers, Dal April 27, 1999 56:21
Keith Carney, Ana April 24, 2003 56:20
Eric Desjardins, Phi May 4, 2000 56:08
Alex Kovalev, Pit May 4, 2000 55:47
Mike Modano, Dal April 24, 2003 55:29
Sergei Zubov, Dal April 11, 2007 55:08
Kevin Bieksa, Van April 11, 2007 54:27
Sergei Zubov, Dal June 19, 1999 54:09
Mark Recchi, Phi May 4, 2000 53:57
Ruslan Salei, Ana April 24, 2003 53:55
Sergei Zubov, Dal May 4, 2008 53:50
Ray Bourque, Bos April 30, 1999 53:26
Ryan McDonagh, NYR May 2, 2012 53:17

top twenty minutes played from the last 25 years.

may 4, 2000, a marathon battle between philly and pit. each team has 3 players log more than 53 minutes but all three flyers were d men and the three pens were their top offense guys: jagr, kovalev and recci! and...sergei fucking zubov! wholly crap that guy was in some monster playoff games!

#171 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Go Rangers Go

#172 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

i just woke up :lol: ...during those 6 periods, I consumed 18 Heinekins, 2 doz. chicken wings, a slab of chedder cheese, large bag of doritos and a piece of chocolate cake.....paying the price today :lol:

#173 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

i just woke up :lol: ...during those 6 periods, I consumed 18 Heinekins, 2 doz. chicken wings, a slab of chedder cheese, large bag of doritos and a piece of chocolate cake.....paying the price today :lol:

I feel bad for anyone withing 6ft of your ass. I bet you're ripping some poetry.

#174 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

this article on minutes played inspired by last nights marathon (great game by the way). look at this:

may 4, 2000, a marathon battle between philly and pit. each team has 3 players log more than 53 minutes but all three flyers were d men and the three pens were their top offense guys: jagr, kovalev and recci! and...sergei fucking zubov! wholly crap that guy was in some monster playoff games!

Jesus, Zubov was just a beast! That dude ate up minutes as part of his breakfast. Genius on the PP too.

#175 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

:ph34r: :blink: :lol:

#176 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

Parise just scores. 3-2 jersey.

#177 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

I remember the old Pens-Caps duels in the 90s. One in 96 went into triple OT as well.

#178 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

It looks like we've a good chance to get our Battle Royale between King Henrik and Brodie.

The ultimate sprawl and crawl goalie vs. the Butterfly King.

#179 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

he shoots, he SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

#180 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

he shoots, he SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

wow. the rangers score on the PP with 7 seconds left and then win 1:35 in to overtime. that has to kill washington's spirit leading into game six.

#181 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

It looks like we've a good chance to get our Battle Royale between King Henrik and Brodie.

The ultimate sprawl and crawl goalie vs. the Butterfly King.

Brodeur has 3 assists in the playoffs which ties him with datsyuk, zetterberg, green....but they aren't listing him in the regular TSN stats...the guy can beat you all by himself!

#182 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Jumping the LA train while it's at the station for the time being.

#183 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Jumping the LA train while it's at the station for the time being.

Yeah, move over a bit I need a seat on it too.

#184 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thought the refs were going to give the game to the Caps with their seeming blindness to Carlson's delay of game for lying on the puck in the last 30 seconds.

#185 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

#186 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

Anybody know how close to the cap the flyers are? Predictions that luongo will be wearing orange next season? Jesus knows they need some one in front of the cage.

#187 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

Anybody know how close to the cap the flyers are? Predictions that luongo will be wearing orange next season? Jesus knows they need some one in front of the cage.

Sweet! Bring in a real goat for the locals to crap on. IMO, Luongo ends up in either Tampa or back in Miami.

They were right up against the cap this year. Next season they are projected to be $3m short but have nine UFA/RFA's to deal with, not to mention the unforeseen debacle the CBA negotiations might cause.

Hard, capgeek.com is an awesome resource for this kind of info. Check it.

#188 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

All my Philly bandwagon friends have seemingly begun to really focus on basketball right now.

#189 Peacefrog

Peacefrog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

why are none of the bobbleheads talking about how far offside NJ was on that first goal?

#190 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

why are none of the bobbleheads talking about how far offside NJ was on that first goal?

Poetic justice isn't it? Ask Briere?

#191 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Not sure what team played the Caps last night, but it wasn't Monday night's Rangers.

That was some piss-poor powerplay and time management by the blueshirts. Del Zotto is a good player, but I'm tired of seeing him bobble pucks at the blue line and or falling over while trying to take a slapper. Prust was an idiot catching a roughing call after the whistle. They played dumb last night.

#192 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Ask Briere?

I was think the same thing! :lol:

#193 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

wow. the rangers score on the PP with 7 seconds left and then win 1:35 in to overtime. that has to kill washington's spirit leading into game six.

ayup.. killed it just dead dint it?

#194 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

ayup.. killed it just dead dint it?

apparently not! good on them. now if the rangers team from game 5 and the caps team from game six both show up for game seven...should be a classic. wouldn't it be cool if after all these games of "jersey style" hockey these teams have played a run and gun shoot out broke out? 5-4 rangers in OT!

#195 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

go the king.........3-2......caps have the momentum though.....

#196 Sailing My Cubicle

Sailing My Cubicle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

go the king.........3-2......caps have the momentum though.....

We saw how well the Rangers "momentum" helped last night.

#197 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

I want them to pull it off, probably the last chance to see a Henrik - Brody series. Their styles couldn't be more different.

#198 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

I want them to pull it off, probably the last chance to see a Henrik - Brody series. Their styles couldn't be more different.

agreed.............would/will be an awesome duel........Canadian vs. Swede..........too bad the "american" is writing an appoligy letter to the prez as we speak. :D he will be missed.

#199 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

No hockey on TV last night for the first time in a long time. Fucking BULLSHIT.

#200 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

No hockey on TV last night for the first time in a long time. Fucking BULLSHIT.

Agreed. Nothing on tonight either, and I sure as fughk ain't gonna watch the NBA. Or the M's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users