76 replies to this topic

#1 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Having read all the threads that mention the MegaByte from Performance Sailcraft, I figured it'd be worthwhile to have a single 'definative' thread/repository of the borg's collective knowledge of this boat.

So....

I bought one (cheap!) that had been rode hard & put up wet, and am doing a re-furbish as the previous administration had managed to put a couple holes in the hull, mangle ALL the boom fittings, and break the mast ( A Trifecta ! ).

Anyway, there is only one other MegaByte out here in Hawaii so I'm not concerned about One Design competition, I just wanted a fun-to-sail dinghy I can keep at home and deploy easily AND be able to give folks rides on - which is one thing a Laser is particularly bad at, for a couple reasons. That, and with a Laser I'd be shamed into attending class events and get my ass kicked, again- (raced them in college)

I'm about halfway into the project and will keep you informed how it goes - I've decided to try to repair the mast since the new one is $ 2,250 + shipping from Canada to Hawaii ( $$$ ). The mark 2 sail DOES look pretty cool though - however that will require the new-spec mast - so that's gonna wait until I decide if I like the boat or not.

Was going to just replace the boom fittings but since they obviously were under-spec'd think I'll improve on them instead - anyone care done this already ? Basically I'm thinking of just having some webbing straps made and using the existing rivet-holes to lash the vang & mainsheet attachments in place.

Found a couple of quirky construction details so far, but overall it seems well-made.

Any other insights into the design are welcome - I haven't sailed one yet. Thanks, aloha.

#2 Ron D

Ron D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Dinghy Sailing

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Once wrote an email to them expressing interest in getting a Megabyte. Never heard back. Either don't know how to use email or don't know a sales lead when they see one.

#3 Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Acquiring as many scars as is possible.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I had one (geez, what haven't I had?). I liked it. I got it because I am essentially a cheapskate and arms race I saw happening in the Finn class wasn't for me, especially since I was still holding on to hope that we could get Stars going again her locally. Anyway, I got a very nice Megabyte and sailed it a few times and I think it's really a good boat. Kind of a tweener for those who are too big for a Laser but don't want all the complications of the Finn and their weight/size-specific rigs and sails. The boat is well built and well thought out and blahblahblah, but the class support is pretty terrible. It's kind of like getting all fired up to talk to someone about something you really like and getting nothing but 'yes' and 'no' answers. Kind of drives you crazy.

I sold the boat because I missed the Finn fleet. I missed the cameraderie. I missed the boat, too, but mainly the friendships.

The Megabyte is a good boat but I can see it drifting off into the sunset.

RD

#4 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts
  • Interests:Sportboats and offshore supply vessels......and bow girls.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I didn't even realize there were any Megabytes in HI. Who'd you get it from Dan?

I've always liked the looks of them, but never seemed to see any racing anywhere. Supposedly there are some where I'm living now (Florida), but not enough to warrant buying one.

What do ya got now, 3 boats? :lol: I'm jelous.

#5 Wayfarer1071

Wayfarer1071

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Wayfarer Dinghy
    J24
    Dn Iceboat

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Having read all the threads that mention the MegaByte from Performance Sailcraft, I figured it'd be worthwhile to have a single 'definative' thread/repository of the borg's collective knowledge of this boat.

So....

I bought one (cheap!) that had been rode hard & put up wet, and am doing a re-furbish as the previous administration had managed to put a couple holes in the hull, mangle ALL the boom fittings, and break the mast ( A Trifecta ! ).

Anyway, there is only one other MegaByte out here in Hawaii so I'm not concerned about One Design competition, I just wanted a fun-to-sail dinghy I can keep at home and deploy easily AND be able to give folks rides on - which is one thing a Laser is particularly bad at, for a couple reasons. That, and with a Laser I'd be shamed into attending class events and get my ass kicked, again- (raced them in college)

I'm about halfway into the project and will keep you informed how it goes - I've decided to try to repair the mast since the new one is $ 2,250 + shipping from Canada to Hawaii ( $$$ ). The mark 2 sail DOES look pretty cool though - however that will require the new-spec mast - so that's gonna wait until I decide if I like the boat or not.

Was going to just replace the boom fittings but since they obviously were under-spec'd think I'll improve on them instead - anyone care done this already ? Basically I'm thinking of just having some webbing straps made and using the existing rivet-holes to lash the vang & mainsheet attachments in place.

Found a couple of quirky construction details so far, but overall it seems well-made.

Any other insights into the design are welcome - I haven't sailed one yet. Thanks, aloha.

I have an extra Wayfarer mast you can have!Posted Image

Aloha

W1071

#6 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I didn't even realize there were any Megabytes in HI. Who'd you get it from Dan?

I've always liked the looks of them, but never seemed to see any racing anywhere. Supposedly there are some where I'm living now (Florida), but not enough to warrant buying one.

What do ya got now, 3 boats? :lol: I'm jelous.

Hey SummerTop, - good to hear you - you too Pegs - going to have to give that Wayfarer a good review this summer to see how Big Chief compatible it is.

My boat is one of the pair donated to WYC's junior program a couple years ago. I tried to make a deal on both but Guy said he liked them and wanted to keep one around so I then got worked over by Connie (tough cookie, that one) for the one all bus' up.

Thought the mast repair was hopeless but maybe not - with a little help from my bud, we might just save it.

Yeah, it's 3 boats now but the Impulse has a partner which helps a lot, - and I have to have something for you guys to borrow when you're here, right ? (I've had so many visiting Anarchists out sailing over the years)

As far as the Factory's support... yeah, I've had mixed results, but contacting Ian Bruce directly has at least gotten responses and mostly straight answers - the 'company' website does go ignored for some strange reason, I just don't much care for the price tag attached or the fact they don't seem to have addressed some things that could be improved. You know the deal, out here in Hawaii we are used to being a bit 'resourseful', so I'm improvising.

That and taking some inspiration from Denzer's Flying circus (his rack-armed Laser mod) - I don't need no stinkin' CLASS tellin' me how long my tiller extention can be....

Yeah, as an OD it'll never be the Laser - nothing ever will have that level of market coverage.

I'll keep you posted on how mine goes, meanwhile keep it coming - those in the know. The class website/forum isn't bad, just a bit bland. Polite bunch it seems, which is nice....

#7 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Once wrote an email to them expressing interest in getting a Megabyte. Never heard back. Either don't know how to use email or don't know a sales lead when they see one.

Geeze, and you're in Canada too, no less.

If you are still at all interested try the website again and hit Ian's link to e-mail him.

#8 Ron D

Ron D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Dinghy Sailing

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

If you are still at all interested try the website again and hit Ian's link to e-mail him.

They blew their shot. Went with C&L who answer their emails at least.

Guess that I should have written my note in French. C'est la vie.

#9 Damp Freddie

Damp Freddie

Anarchist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • Interests:sport boats, 59er poss' and developments: beer.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

They blew their shot. Went with C&L who answer their emails at least.

Guess that I should have written my note in French. C'est la vie.

It never did take off which is a shame for us bigger beer and steak guzzlers.

However, it is a good design waiting in the wings!

I hear the laser got a big rig from rooster or someone for bigger sailors? I found lasers good enough to move around on: a bigger unstayed rig would need to have a carbon top section to bend off and stop the step well being booogered.

#10 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Most striking thing I have to say regarding the gross-difference between the designs (having not sailed the Mega yet) but just taking it home from the club where it was in a yard full of Lasers - is that while only 6 inches longer than the Laser it's also about 6+ inches wider and visibly deeper - the hull volume variation apparent when viewed from astern is surprising - the Mega looking MUCH bigger.

I look forward to seeing how it goes. Between the Carbon rig, having a travler, and some room aboard it checks some boxes and I bet the Mark 2 sail is a worthy upgrade. Pity it calls for a whole new mast, but nobody NEEDS a 3rd racing sailboat then, do they ?

#11 Ned

Ned

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Still think it needs a trap and the other 14 rig from my yard.

#12 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

So "it coulda been a Contender...it coulda BEEN somebody...."

#13 Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Acquiring as many scars as is possible.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

It's not a whole new mast, just the top piece.

I ordered the new sail and top piece and never took them out of the box. By the time they arrived I had another Finn and the Megabyte had taken a back seat, but the folks who were using it said that it was a very worth upgrade.

RD

#14 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

New top is now from a new supplier, and not compatible with original masts' bottom section. This directly from IB.

Oddly, upon delving into the broken bottom section I have, there is an aluminum tube-sleeve in the lower part - up to the mast-track, that all the rivets (gooseneck, vang mount and feeder) anchor to.

Aluminum & Carbon in gross contact ? This can't be good....

#15 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Speaking to Ian yesterday, he explained the original masts DO have an aluminum-tube insert in the lower section, - the bottom 6 feet or so, and the new masts do NOT have this 'feature' - which if just managed correctly could probably damn-near run some LED nav lights ! ( Aluminum+Carbon+Salt water = Anode+Cathode+electrolyte : whcih my friends is how we make a battery !)

Anyway, it's sounding more & more to me like the Mk 2 mast upgrade is the Way To Go - having that alloy inner-sleeve corroding away in the mast can't be good.

#16 bruno

bruno

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Megabyte is a nice looking boat, obviously more going on than a Laser and the deeper cockpit should improve hike-ability. Funny I was mentioning to a NAYRU judge I know that Laser seemed to have fianlly (finally!, now that I just bought one, again) blown up the class and this was likely their last quadrennium. And he replied that the "zim" might be the replacement. Zim? What the fuck's a Zim?

A little research and low and behold, a China manufacturer fronted by a couple of NE yachties, selling Byte CII. What's a Byte?, looks like Kirby knocked himself off and shrunk it whilst still collecting Laser royalties, same shitty old blade planshapes and stem, rocker, etc. Add the current flvor of the decade Beckwaite rig andwe have a winner. It still looks like a builders' class, which IYRU loves, it looks cheap, and probably unsophisticated as it was designed as a junior boat. Voila, the next Olympic lightweight and female dinghy class. With an immediately outdated hull/blade pack.

Must be good news for the Finn, right, as they are moving the weight range down with the switch? Not so fast (ok, pun intended), as there is the Megabyte waiting in the wings with similar attributes though this time Farr gets the royalty checks. Be interesting to watch the manuvering on this coming shitfight as the Euros would probably be behind the D1 or something.

Doesn't bode well for boatbuilding in N America.
http://www.byteclass...6_cii_intro.htm

#17 torrid

torrid

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

I believe the CII was an attempt to sex up the original Byte to be an Olympic class a few years back, but it still lost out to the Radial.

#18 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

So, - what's the collective's take on the foiled aluminum blades ? I dig that they seem more durable than the Laser's boards and I really like cassette-style engagement of the rudder, but I'm wondering now about the seam that runs up both sides of them - anyone here have direct experience with them ? It would seem draggy to have an interruption right there at max chord - or does it just not have much of an effect ?

Suppose since I'm not concerned with measuring in for any class events I could remedy the situation with mylar tape or G-Flex if so desired.

#19 Fleet3

Fleet3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

No problem with the foils. The seam is very smooth. I like that the trailing edges don't notch out like on my Banshee. It is a good design.

This was recently reported in the Megabyte Class Forum....
It looks like PS2000 (maker of the Megabyte, Byte, etc.) sold out to Zim Sailing in Rhode Island http://www.zimsailing.com/

If you look at zim's facebook page you can see the Megabyte moulds arriving ... http://www.facebook....395.342879.8...

I hope that they are able to get the class growing - it is a great boat for one design racing!

So, - what's the collective's take on the foiled aluminum blades ? I dig that they seem more durable than the Laser's boards and I really like cassette-style engagement of the rudder, but I'm wondering now about the seam that runs up both sides of them - anyone here have direct experience with them ? It would seem draggy to have an interruption right there at max chord - or does it just not have much of an effect ?

Suppose since I'm not concerned with measuring in for any class events I could remedy the situation with mylar tape or G-Flex if so desired.

#20 kinardly

kinardly

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

Funny, I had the same experience trying to contact the class association and the builder and getting no response whatsoever. Who's going to handle distribution in the US? They'd be smart to get some real promoters like West Coast Sailing involved. Those guys got back to me in less than a day and had all kinds of helpful ideas about who had boats in my local waters.

#21 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

I have been dealing with Ian Bruce directly, purchasing the upgraded rig & sail & some other bits. Seems easy enough to deal with, will let you know when the goods finish thier long journey from Quebec to Honolulu, but yes - it really doesn't seem like there is much support or any promotion of the class/boat at all - perhaps this will change ? Who knows ?

Right now I'm working on making my dolly (no store-bought dollies for me !) Should be sailing her by the end of July.

#22 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

New mast & sail due any day now.....getting stoked !

#23 Speng

Speng

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts
  • Interests:stuff with sails

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

The change from PS2000 can only be a good thing as their "customer support" back when I had my 29er was shite. Mega is one of my targets for when I decide to get a boat again.

#24 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'll be watching the development as well. Been keeping an eye on what Finbs are for sale around the Southeast US. There's a few but none have caught my eye yet. Been itchin to get back into dinghies, and the Finn is the perfect boat for me, but the Mega looks like more fun lol.

#25 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'll be watching the development as well. Been keeping an eye on what Finbs are for sale around the Southeast US. There's a few but none have caught my eye yet. Been itchin to get back into dinghies, and the Finn is the perfect boat for me, but the Mega looks like more fun lol.

Easier on the old bones too. I wouold definitely be interested if the Megabyte is going to make another run at becoming a real class.

FB- Doug

#26 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Easier on the old bones too. I wouold definitely be interested if the Megabyte is going to make another run at becoming a real class.

FB- Doug

That's the kicker, whether or not it's gonna get the traction to become an actual class. Will be interesting to see what happens now that PS2000 has been bought out.

#27 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Don't know anythign about PS2000 being 'bought' - I've always just dealt with Ian directly - guy answers his e-mail regularly and it sure saves time going straight to the source - after some initial non-responses to the website I just contacted him directly and it's been good since.

The mast I ordered arrived last week - appearing intact, but on close examination a section had suffered some shipping damage - it could have been packed better and you know how stuff gets handled in shipping - one end (top of the bottom) got a little 'crushed' :o :(

Anyway, I contacted Ian with pics and without any arguement from them, a replacement section will be sent shortly - now THAT is some factory support !! Someone willing to get it right is worth a lot in my book. Stuff happens in every business, how you DEAL with it is what makes a company in my view. This sort of 'stand up' performance means a LOT to me - and should to anyone considering the investment in a new boat.

The new generation sail looks really slick (monofilm, full battens) and the Mark 2 mast looks GREAT - definately different/improved over the original - lower section is significantly lighter and without the internal sleeve of the mark 1 spar, top section much more tapered, the whole thing finished glossy.

I can't wait to get it sailing, but will have to just cool my jets a bit longer until I can see for myself if that Bruce Farr character knows how to draw a boat or not.

As for class-racing developing - I sure think there is a place for it, but developing a critical mass of activity in any region will be a challenge without a strong dealer channel and critical promotion. I bought mine because I like to be able to take folks for a ride and the Laser cockpit is just terrible with 2 aboard - the Mega couldn't BE more different - class racing isn't a priority for me, but it'd sure be nice if it happened. I'll be doing demos on mine eventually I imagine. You'd be welcome to try mine, Summertop.

Doing small repairs on the boat I am repeatedly struck by how much BETTER the construction details are versus a Laser - it really IS a step-up generation boat (lighter, stiffer).

If you can find a used one cheap I'd say Go For It ! and the upgraded mast/sail combo will update the whole package nicely.

I'll clue you into further developments.

#28 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'll probably take you up on that offer next summer when I come back to visit Danny.

The sail area isn't much different to a Finn (MB 100 ft, Finn 115) so the power aloft us right up my alley. It's no Laser with that insane Hansen rig (125 sq ft) that I sailed last summer in Texas but I think the overall Megabyte package is better. Interesting to see if it gets any traction class wise.

#29 paul@zimsailing

paul@zimsailing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'd like to introduce myself and reach out to the thread regarding everything and anything Megabyte. As you may have heard, Zim Sailing recently became the North American builder of the Byte and the sole builder of the Megabyte. We are very excited about both boats and have gotten excellent feedback and enthusiasm from sailors across the country. I'm hoping to connect with Megabyte sailors regarding the current state of various fleets, suggestions for building the class, etc. etc. I recently attended the megabyte regatta in Manchester, MA with the east coast fleet. We had 10 boats on the line, some great racing, and had a chance to throw some ideas around over cocktails after. Ian Bruce also came down to the Zim shop in Warren, RI a few weeks back to teach us how to build the rig and aid the transition between builders. We intend to bring a boat to the Newport and Annapolis boat shows this fall and are very excited about the future of the boat. Please email me at paul@zimsailing.com or call our shop at 401-237-6117 with any and all questions and comments you have. We have parts in stock and will be building new hulls over the winter.

Paul Zimmermann

Zim Sailing

Warren, RI
zimsailing.com
401-237-6117

#30 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Nice of you to join us Paul! Looking forward to the possible growth of the fleet. It would be nice for us bigger guys to have a dinghy we can sail to be competitive besides the Finn. Will you guys be thinking about any changes to the boat? Like blade shape or what not. Just curious.

Also, you have any insight on the whole Byte C2 ordeal possibly replacing the Laser Radial down the road? Just curious as well on that.

#31 paul@zimsailing

paul@zimsailing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the welcoming! We don't have any major changes planned for the boat for now. I think it's going to be important to maintain continuity in fleets as we work to build traction for the class. That being said, there may certainly be some minor adjustments to rigging, parts, etc. based on feedback we've had so far. This will mostly be an effort to make replacing parts easier and hopefully less costly. If you or anyone else in the thread has feedback post it here or email me at paul@zimsailing.com.

As for the Byte CII, Zim-supplied Bytes were used for the Women's Singlehanded Champs (O'day Trophy) in Sheboygan and the Chubb Junior Champs (Smythe Trophy) in San Francisco earlier this summer. Byte CIIs will be used for these events next summer as well. We also did Byte CII demos at various stops across the country on our way west to these events from Rhode Island. Feedback from sailors was very positive and those who took out the boat seemed to have a great time. As with the Megabyte, rig controls (mainly cunningham and traveler) are absolutely critical to being fast in the Byte. We think this is a major reason why the boat would be great for junior programs and sailors looking to focus more on tuning and sail shape in a singlehanded boat.

#32 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

I just think its great to have a group backing a possible class like the MB. Finn-sized guys like myself could use another option for a racing dinghy besides the Finn. Way to big to be competitive in a Laser, and to get down to Laser weight would take a miracle and Jesus combined.

Are you guys in contact with the fleets that are already established? I know there used to be a few scattered across the country and in Canada, just wondering if you guys have talked with them at all about getting more traction with the class.

#33 Fleet3

Fleet3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

West Coast Megabyte Sailors - At least two of us are planning to race in the Richmond Yacht Club Totally Dinghy Regatta, September 15-16. We'll be sailing with the Mk II rigs. Come join us for some fun racing at a beautiful venue!

#34 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

New/replacement bottom section just arrived. HELL YEAH ! Looks great.

MmmmmmmCarbonnnnnnnnn.

THANK YOU PS 2000 & Ian.

Unfortunately I'm taking off for Maui shortly so we won't get to sail it this weekend, but soon man.....soon.

#35 Fleet3

Fleet3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Have you sailed it yet?

#36 Hitchhiker

Hitchhiker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Are there any used MB's for sale? I am searching the interweb currently but striking out.

#37 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Thanks for the welcoming! We don't have any major changes planned for the boat for now. I think it's going to be important to maintain continuity in fleets as we work to build traction for the class. That being said, there may certainly be some minor adjustments to rigging, parts, etc. based on feedback we've had so far. This will mostly be an effort to make replacing parts easier and hopefully less costly. If you or anyone else in the thread has feedback post it here or email me at paul@zimsailing.com

Any thought to offering a smaller spar/sail option a la Laser Radial (MegaByteLite?) so that competitive fleets could form for lighter folks?

#38 JimC

JimC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,706 posts
  • Interests:Dinghies, especially box rule classes.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

[ a smaller spar/sail option a la Laser Radial (MegaByteLite?) so that competitive fleets could form for lighter folks?

That would be the Byte wouldn't it?

#39 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

[ a smaller spar/sail option a la Laser Radial (MegaByteLite?) so that competitive fleets could form for lighter folks?

That would be the Byte wouldn't it?

My understanding from the literature I have is that the Megabyte is targeted for 200-220lb'rs and that the Byte is a youth (135lb) boat.

I'm talking about sail size targeting the 170lb sailor.

#40 Fleet3

Fleet3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

That's the purpose of the Mk II sail. The bendy rig depowers to allow a wider range of sailor weights. I'm 180 and do fine with he boat.

#41 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Mk II sail.

See how old my literature is? :huh:

#42 Bastard

Bastard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Finding out who my real daddy is... I'm starting to think it isn't really Wilt Chamberlain like my mom said...More importantly big breeze, warm waves, blast reaching and titties

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hey guys just checking in... I've had my megabyte for about a year now and love it here in the Delta (Nor. Cal). It's a blast in big breeze, planes out on a dime.
Just found this thread on Anarchy this morning good to see it. There's been more discussion here in the last month than on the class site in the last year. This brings me to my point, it may help generete interest if the class site were updated. It's a little hard to figure out new things are happening with the boat when the site opens with results from regattas two or three years ago. Just a thought... I remember trying to research the boat before buying and had a hell of a time finding info.
The boat is fast, easy to rig and launch, comfortable (I'm 6 foot 195lbs.) and just tweaky enough so you can tune shape and still have time to enjoy the ride without being overwhelmed. I'm still rocking the MKI rig and sail (can't afford the new one Paul hint hint $$) and feel in control in the big stuff. I'm an ex rigger so I went crazy with the 1/8" spectra everywhere I could and things seem to run through the microblocks alot more smoothly especially in the lighter stuff. But alas now I'm rambling.. Peace out.

#43 paul@zimsailing

paul@zimsailing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the welcoming! We don't have any major changes planned for the boat for now. I think it's going to be important to maintain continuity in fleets as we work to build traction for the class. That being said, there may certainly be some minor adjustments to rigging, parts, etc. based on feedback we've had so far. This will mostly be an effort to make replacing parts easier and hopefully less costly. If you or anyone else in the thread has feedback post it here or email me at paul@zimsailing.com

Any thought to offering a smaller spar/sail option a la Laser Radial (MegaByteLite?) so that competitive fleets could form for lighter folks?

By the Lee,

As Fleet3 mentioned, the MKII rig and sail development opened up the weight range quite a bit. A smaller sail could be something for the future but in the meantime we are focused on uniting the Megabyters that are out there in an effort to help build fleets and promote the class. I encourage you to find someone with a MKII setup who will let you demo their boat. Even at 170, you may find the depowering sail does the job well enough for someone your size!

#44 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

... meantime we are focused on uniting the Megabyters that are out there in an effort to help build fleets and promote the class.
... ...

Missed the chance to buy a 2nd-hand one although it would have been a long drive anyway.
How much for a brand-new one? What if we can recruit a couple or more guys to order new ones at the same time?

FB- Doug

#45 frostbit

frostbit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Moved very near the core of the east coast fleet this summer. Very interested in the megabyte (~200 lbs and used to sail lasers 20+ years ago.) any suggestions on where to start in terms of contacting the fleet?

#46 frostbit

frostbit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Also, FB Doug, interested in the bundled new boat purchase.

#47 paul@zimsailing

paul@zimsailing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

... meantime we are focused on uniting the Megabyters that are out there in an effort to help build fleets and promote the class.
... ...

Missed the chance to buy a 2nd-hand one although it would have been a long drive anyway.
How much for a brand-new one? What if we can recruit a couple or more guys to order new ones at the same time?

FB- Doug

Hi Doug,

New boats are $8995, ready to race. please email me (paul@zimsailing.com) to see what we can work on for a group order discount. thanks!

#48 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Have you sailed it yet?

Yes ! - sorry for the delay in replying, - just lots of other boat & work projects afoot.

The Mega sails VERY well - quick, responsive, comfortable and forgiving. I haven't had it out in Big Breeze yet, but so far it has surpassed my expectations handling very well accelerating quickly in puffs - the deck/hull seems to me MUCH lighter/stiffer than a Laser - could just be the feel of this one I suppose, and the controls, rig-bend and ardward all seem to work much better for me.

I'm really looking forward to sailing it more.

#49 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Wrapped up 2012 with a sail today out of Kuoloa beach park ( 3 miles from my house) on Kaneohe bay. Calm morning, I arrived at noon, unloaded solo with the new gizmo and while crossing the lawn the kayakers going the other way said, "It was really nice, then then wind came up...."

Launch easily - some shallows to navigate there, but with the lifting blades & clear water it wasn't a problem. Sailed for MAYBE two minutes when a Big sea turtle startles close by - "Whoa!" - he Got My Attention.

Made the ship channel in 5-8 knots and sailed out to the offshore entrance bouy dead upwind a mile or so out - nice deep blue water, and back in got up to maybe 10-11 at the furthest out then ran back down the channel into the bay and reached over to the Sandbar, threading a few coral heads on the approach where you can safely and sticking religiously to the channel where the freak-wave shoal was breaking a regular 4-foot comber.on the trip out and back. Even got to see an old shipmate partying out at the 'bar, someone you're always glad to see.

WInd never built and most of it was 5-8, so easy stuff the build the hours on, the boat is really growing on me - I think it sails very well. It certainly IS comfortable and stable, whenever I get a puff it takes right off - I can tell this new mast is really sorted, it feels great and lets me shape the sail easily and the boat's simple systems all seem to fall to hand easily and the seaworthyness out in waves has been outstanding so far - surfs great downwind and catches waves easily.

You know what ? That Farr guy is pretty good.

#50 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Good to hear! Sounds like a great boat indeed. I decided to focus on Finn sailing til 2016, even do the trials. But I may still buy a MB as well, maybe even help the class grow if I can. I'll hit you up next summer when I'm home Dan, love to try out the boat.

#51 mattquist

mattquist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:sailing, motorcycling

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Just listed my MB for sale here in the classified section....

#52 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

That's a nice package deal for somebody Matt Q - and I'm sure someone that doesn't know diddly will try to tell you it's overpriced ! - I see new ones are the better part of $ 9 k (plus trailer and goodies). Hope you enjoyed it and have something else fun to take it's place.

#53 mattquist

mattquist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:sailing, motorcycling

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for the kind words. The Megabyte is a great boat for so many different reasons. Just no racing in my geographical area. So out it goes and in comes the Weta.

#54 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yea, not much chance of an OD scene developing here either, I just like the thing. ALways enjoyed small-boat sailing and like the simplicity, but never really 'fit' the Laser very well after say, age 20 or so...

#55 bluelaser2

bluelaser2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Uh...Sailing ?

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm in the same boat as Great Red Shark.....at 108kg a Laser ain't gonna float, plus I like to give people rides from time to time. About a decade ago I came across a boat called an Expedition 14.5- which is a Laser2 hull with a free standing, rotating carbon rig and a Hoyt boom. Basically the design brief of a MegaByte, but for playing around, not racing. I changed the boom out to carbon, chopped the board down, and had a custom fathead sail made for it. Of all the boats I have sailed over the years, this is the one that is the easiest and the most fun. 5 min from trailer to water, instant reefing whatever the breeze, and sometimes laugh-out-loud fast. It would seem there would be a market for a toy that brings so much fun, but I think sailing is just a dying art....maybe it will turn......

#56 Para Bellum

Para Bellum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:boats, aviation, motorcycles, shooting, hunting, fishing, playing outside

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

but I think sailing is just a dying art....maybe it will turn......

I'm not as pessimistic. I think sailing will be just fine going forward. Fuel cost alone for cruising is enough to turn people into wind chasers. There is something intrinsically romantic about sailing which draws people in; much the same as aviation. Seeing all the kids at the last dinghy regatta at the Royal Vic made me smile. Have faith.

MattQ that's a good price for your boat. What year is the hull?

#57 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

a boat called an Expedition 14.5- which is a Laser2 hull with a free standing, rotating carbon rig and a Hoyt boom. Basically the design brief of a MegaByte, but for playing around, not racing. I changed the boom out to carbon, chopped the board down, and had a custom fathead sail made for it.

Sounds fun - gotta ask though, why change the board ? Damaged or too in-the-way with it pulled up a bit ? Laser IIs are well-known to be great-sailing boats - if I could have found a nice one for cheap it would be tempting. Never heard of a carbon-rig kit for them though - like the idea. As it was, I sort of backed into the Mega and am so very glad I did - good, easy fun. Have a buddy with the I-14 bug, and those are nice, but intense to sail and a serious headache keeping one in good order - as such I don't think he's sailed his in years.

#58 bluelaser2

bluelaser2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I chopped the board for several reasons; saved a chunk of weight, keeps the cockpit clear more of the time (shallow water / beach launches) and has almost no effect on leeway. More induced drag with the lower aspect ratio, but also lower wetted surface. Key effect is that it reduces heeling forces (shorter board means shorter moment arm) with the big sail. Modern boats have much less board area (although still deep for low drag/high aspect ratio) because it was not that well understood back then just how effective at stopping leeway the foils really are.

Attached Files

#59 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Ok, I get all that. Didn't figure on the weight saving bit, but to be sure - the faster you go, the less board you need.

The L2 being originally intended to be trainer sloop, it probably was generous in area - you ever get yours to "log-roll" or rail-up on you - you know when you exceed the lift-limit speed and the board takes over and wants to get horizontal ? Was common on old windsurfers with big daggerboards when you'd start to approach planing speeds. ( Lose board depth or your ankles, your choice, quick)

I freakin' LOVE seeing that style rig on a real hull. The only place I've seen that roller-rig and Hoyt-style boom before was on those hopelessy heavy & floppy roto-molded lumps. Like the vertical battens too - someday were going to get air-battens like Lars Bergstrom said we would in 1988, and then the sail will lose 2 pounds, but until then it looks like you have matters well at hand. Where'd you source the rig-kit ? What a great program boat those would make - with less sail, probably.

#60 bluelaser2

bluelaser2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I've never had a handling problem with the L2 hull- I surfs beautifully compared to a Laser and has none of the death-roll tendency. The rig was designed for the boat- very strongly built with huge stainless pins in the hull bottom and a bearing plate about a foot above the butt. Escape Sailboats needed hulls when they first formed, so they bought Laser2's and Zuma's before they did that rotomolded junk. I have a heavy air sail that weighs (what feels like) ounces with just a touch of roach. Here is a handy guide to the specs of most small boats: http://www.shortypen...ide/board-boat/

Attached Files

#61 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,172 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

......there's a lonely megaByte sitting in vancouver if someone's looking for one,,,,,message me if yer want info

#62 Right-On Man

Right-On Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Laser Racing<br />Product Design

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Right-On Trailer for the Megabyte $699: http://www.rightontr...dolly-trailers/

Right-On Dolly Trailer for Megabyte. This new trailer has wider wheel brackets and taller handle bracket to accept the Seitech 70006 for the Megabyte. The Seitech in this photo is the standard 70006 with upgrades for the Megabyte (Front Sunfish bow bracket 76001-$18 and Flip-Up Gunnel Supports 76012-$14 each)

More photos:

#63 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

in my e-mail today:

Megabyters,

Save the date! The 2013 Megabyte National Championships will be held July 26th-28th in Marblehead, MA. This event will be in conjunction with the Marblehead NOOD Regatta and should attract a great turnout with the close proximity of the Manchester-by-the-Sea fleet. The NOOD event was also chosen for the exposure potential it provides for the Megabyte class. We hope the big-boat crews hanging their legs over the rail all day will see how much fun they could be having in a Megabyte! Stay tuned for regatta details and the Notice of Race.
    27.jpg classfooter.jpg

zimsailing.com
401-237-6117
info@zimsailing.com

#64 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,172 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

......there's a lonely megaByte sitting in vancouver if someone's looking for one,,,,,message me if yer want info

.....the fellow selling isn't sure what price to charge!?

..........early boat,,MK1 rig,,only used 6 times........I guess they'd hope to get -some- of their inve$tment back!

#65 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

aaaaaand the problem with that is....??

I'm digging mine,  looking forward to sailing it on Sunday,  after racing Saturday on the 'big boat'  ( Moore 24 )

#66 Reht

Reht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

Right-on, first off, buy an ad. Second, no offence to your product, but from my experience with seitech dollies I would NEVER trailer on one. Way too floppy if there are bumps in the road and the strap support isn't solid. That being said, I've seen some seitech dollies that have been modified into nice solid trollies, but still don't have the rigidity I'd want in what's effectively a road-frame for my multi-thousand dollar investment. To each their own.

Is someone still actively building megabytes? Or is it just whatever hulls are still around. I always liked how they used (IIRC) 29er foils and a 29er boom, means there's always a supply (plus those parts are so durable it's not even funny).

#67 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,172 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

.....the fellow selling isn't sure what price to charge!?

..........early boat,,MK1 rig,,only used 6 times........I guess they'd hope to get -some- of their inve$tment back!

aaaaaand the problem with that is....??

I'm digging mine,  looking forward to sailing it on Sunday,  after racing Saturday on the 'big boat'  ( Moore 24 )

No problemo,,,just trying to help th'guy figure the right price to ask,,fair allround............any ideas?

#68 Disambiguated

Disambiguated

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, guitar, triathlon.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Right-on, first off, buy an ad. Second, no offence to your product, but from my experience with seitech dollies I would NEVER trailer on one. Way too floppy if there are bumps in the road and the strap support isn't solid. That being said, I've seen some seitech dollies that have been modified into nice solid trollies, but still don't have the rigidity I'd want in what's effectively a road-frame for my multi-thousand dollar investment. To each their own.

Is someone still actively building megabytes? Or is it just whatever hulls are still around. I always liked how they used (IIRC) 29er foils and a 29er boom, means there's always a supply (plus those parts are so durable it's not even funny).

Zim Sailing in Rhode Island is the current builder of both the Byte and Megabyte.  I'm not sure if they're actively building Megas at this time, why don't you pop onto their facebook page and ask them what they're planning?

#69 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Damn,  I like this boat !

Shown with the Mark 2 sail - what an improvement over conventional-tech dinghy sails.

Home-made dolly made out of salvaged maxi-boat battens and hardware store parts for 40 bucks.

Attached Files

#70 Ned

Ned

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Will you ever own a boat with the correct numbers on the sail?

#71 Sceneray

Sceneray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Not in order, Sailing, Mt Biking, LAX, Weeding, art,

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

I have a Megabyte on an unmodified Sietech Dolly and a Megabyte specific Right on Trailer that i modified from the Laser set up in my shop. I have taken the boat on several trips to north Georgia lakes and to the gulf. I usually load it with a gear and a few beach chairs. I have a 2" ratchet strap that goes over the boat mid beam. Strap is snug but not too tight. So far i have had no problems or noticed any issues. The trailer works just fine. I do agree that the dolly is a tad wimpy and I'll keep an eye on it for any future catastrophic failure.

#72 Reht

Reht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I have a Megabyte on an unmodified Sietech Dolly and a Megabyte specific Right on Trailer that i modified from the Laser set up in my shop. I have taken the boat on several trips to north Georgia lakes and to the gulf. I usually load it with a gear and a few beach chairs. I have a 2" ratchet strap that goes over the boat mid beam. Strap is snug but not too tight. So far i have had no problems or noticed any issues. The trailer works just fine. I do agree that the dolly is a tad wimpy and I'll keep an eye on it for any future catastrophic failure.

I only point that out as I have seen people trailer on rougher roads on a seitech dolly only to find the plastic bits were the next best thing to destroyed when they finished the ride. That and if you don't have sturdy support the boat can move, on a smooth road it's not a problem, but a bumpy road with the boat out of line can easily cause damage. The right on trailers actually lock the dolly in place (at least close enough from what I've seen), so you end up relying on the rigidity of the trailer, the problem arises when you don't have that support of the entire dolly from the trailer.

Good to hear you're happy with your set up, of course checking at regular intervals is always a good idea anyway...

#73 Disambiguated

Disambiguated

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, guitar, triathlon.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Damn,  I like this boat !

Shown with the Mark 2 sail - what an improvement over conventional-tech dinghy sails.

Home-made dolly made out of salvaged maxi-boat battens and hardware store parts for 40 bucks.

I've never sailed either, but that Mega looks about 20 times more comfortable than a Laser.

#74 Sceneray

Sceneray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Not in order, Sailing, Mt Biking, LAX, Weeding, art,

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

I only point that out as I have seen people trailer on rougher roads on a seitech dolly only to find the plastic bits were the next best thing to destroyed when they finished the ride. That and if you don't have sturdy support the boat can move, on a smooth road it's not a problem, but a bumpy road with the boat out of line can easily cause damage. The right on trailers actually lock the dolly in place (at least close enough from what I've seen), so you end up relying on the rigidity of the trailer, the problem arises when you don't have that support of the entire dolly from the trailer.

Good to hear you're happy with your set up, of course checking at regular intervals is always a good idea anyway...

Your "Plastic bits" comments hit home. Especially if the bumpy road is introduced. I'll start noodling on  some additional for lack of a better word "cribbing" perhaps made from a semi rigid foam. The hull weight is 130 lbs but then you add all the gear that changes the equation. I will reach out to Mike Carlson the trailer designer and builder and see if there has been any such failures. I suppose the plastic fittings have a lifetime too compundd by UV salt and temperature changes.

#75 Reht

Reht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I've known the plastic bits to break from bumpy roads while loaded, in the yard from being banged around (a sailing program), I've even seen the ones at the wheels fail (most common failure I've seen on the trailers) when a boat that's got a lot of water in it is pulled out. Those bits are designed to take the boat+rigging and not much else (mileage will vary of course, I'm sure you take infinitely better care of your equipment than sailing program kids)...

#76 rsevarg

rsevarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Re: US Nationals at Marblehead July 26-28

I understand the notice of race was shared via email ... Today when talking to Paul @ Zim I found out registrations were indeed open, and Paul sent me the following (see below) so I could sign up. There are so far a grand total of three (count 'em, 3!!) of us registered... Any other takers??

Btw. There is a much stronger dinghy focus at the NOOD than I expected, with, among others, Finns, Stars (OK, that may not be a dinghy but at least its Olympic class) etc...

... ...
Here is the link for the Marblhead NOOD / Megabyte National Champs NOR and online registration. 
http://www.sailingwo...ttas/marblehead

Please spread the word if you know others who may be interested in attending! 

That last bit was from:
Paul ZimmermannZim Sailing84 Cutler St. Suite 2Warren, RI 02885P:401-237-6117

#77 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Damn,  right on my birthday.  Wonder if I can fit mine into carry-on baggage...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users