208 replies to this topic

#201 DogBalls

DogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

and the PacCup thread has turned in to an Espo like debate on Clean's grammar and attitude....

Can we get back to the topic at hand, not cunts and Cleans dick size?

#202 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

If a separate thread was started how long would it last??

#203 usa35018

usa35018

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

After reading all this I've just got to make some comments.
1st: DT's machine was obviously incredibly prepared and then sailed very close to perfectly. Nice work putting together such an amazing run.
2nd: Clean, you sure seem like a douche. No disrespect to the douche.
3rd: I really wish someone from the crew of DT would step up and admit that they knew and just didn't think it to be a big deal to check. Really? You didn't know. I call bullshit. If my crew didn't know and I had put in all that hard work and funding, as an owner I would be at least a little bit pissed off at them. Especially the people that got paid for their job. I wouldn't have come out and just said how awesome they all are. They deserve praise for their work, but if they didn't know they should at least be scolded for fucking up something so basic.
4th: The whining about the penalty not fitting the crime is a bit much. For breaking an obvious rule, the jury should have DSQ'd the boat. The boat should also have withdrawn. Isn't that the way it goes?
Getting the trophy or not getting the trophy, big deal. They sailed an amazing race. Congrats to the other teams that sailed well, read, and followed the rules.

Here I Am the owner

In Regards to :

Question 3 We all really missed this No Bullshit. I know its hard to believe but its true and we have all called ourselves every name for it already! We take our beatings as a team thats what teams do. Of course I was upset but so was every single one of us. Each of us was as disappointed as the other. It's easy to be angry if all you see is the trophy or your name on the wall. If you were me and you knew the guys I sailed with and how hard we all worked you would be over it !

Question 4 In Regards to the penalty, I guess that's our prerogative we put the time and effort in so if you want to call it whining then go for it! Especially If you don't believe 24 hours is harsh enough. We consulted with the jury to see if they felt the penalty was deserving of a DSQ if so we would have with drawn out of respect. There are two side's to with drawing from a race. One is that people think you did it to spite the race comittee and the race, making you look like a POS sore loser, so we choose to gracefully take the penalty and move on albeit a little bit sore with the amount of the penalty.

I congratulated the race winner in a real conversation before the awards ceremony not just in print to make a statement in an article hoping he would read it or make me look good. Im truly happy for His team and all the racers that shared the Journey. How many people in the world can say they sailed across the Pacific ocean on a SailBoat.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Sincerely,

Andy Costello
Skipper
Double Trouble

#204 NoStrings

NoStrings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,015 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

I think what is more significant than Clean's comments, are the lack of comments from the other Pacific Cup skippers decrying the DT penalty. Andy and his crew are good people, and very good sailors that happened to screw the pooch by not reading the SI's, and by falling asleep at the skippers meeting when this specific issue was addressed. It doesn't matter if Clean and his puppet master agree with the rules of the Pacific Cup...they are the rules that we agreed to play by. BTW, while we were leading Div A for a short time, one of my crew wanted to log on and check out the tracker...he learned in no uncertain terms that it was verboten. They'll be back in '14, will likely kick everyone's asses, and we'll all be there applauding their effort.

#205 usa35018

usa35018

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

1344395179[/url]' post='3816848']
I think what is more significant than Clean's comments, are the lack of comments from the other Pacific Cup skippers decrying the DT penalty. Andy and his crew are good people, and very good sailors that happened to screw the pooch by not reading the SI's, and by falling asleep at the skippers meeting when this specific issue was addressed. It doesn't matter if Clean and his puppet master agree with the rules of the Pacific Cup...they are the rules that we agreed to play by. BTW, while we were leading Div A for a short time, one of my crew wanted to log on and check out the tracker...he learned in no uncertain terms that it was verboten. They'll be back in '14, will likely kick everyone's asses, and we'll all be there applauding their effort.

Thank you No Strings And I appreciate and Respect all the skippers and teams for their efforts in completing the race. As you know I know it's just a feat to have finished after last year.
Enjoy the rest of your trip ! SF Bay is looking a bit depressing and ugly after spending 10 days in Kaneohe.
Safe Journey back !!

#206 K38BOB

K38BOB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

1st: DT's machine was obviously incredibly prepared and then sailed very close to perfectly. Nice work putting together such an amazing run.
3rd: I really wish someone from the crew of DT would step up and admit that they knew and just didn't think it to be a big deal to check. Really? You didn't know. I call bullshit. If my crew didn't know and I had put in all that hard work and funding, as an owner I would be at least a little bit pissed off at them. Especially the people that got paid for their job. I wouldn't have come out and just said how awesome they all are. They deserve praise for their work, but if they didn't know they should at least be scolded for fucking up something so basic.
4th: The whining about the penalty not fitting the crime is a bit much. For breaking an obvious rule, the jury should have DSQ'd the boat. The boat should also have withdrawn. Isn't that the way it goes?
Getting the trophy or not getting the trophy, big deal. They sailed an amazing race. Congrats to the other teams that sailed well, read, and followed the rules.

Here I Am the owner

In Regards to :

Question 3 We all really missed this No Bullshit. I know its hard to believe but its true and we have all called ourselves every name for it already! We take our beatings as a team thats what teams do. Of course I was upset but so was every single one of us. Each of us was as disappointed as the other. It's easy to be angry if all you see is the trophy or your name on the wall. If you were me and you knew the guys I sailed with and how hard we all worked you would be over it !

Question 4 In Regards to the penalty, I guess that's our prerogative we put the time and effort in so if you want to call it whining then go for it! Especially If you don't believe 24 hours is harsh enough. We consulted with the jury to see if they felt the penalty was deserving of a DSQ if so we would have with drawn out of respect. There are two side's to with drawing from a race. One is that people think you did it to spite the race comittee and the race, making you look like a POS sore loser, so we choose to gracefully take the penalty and move on albeit a little bit sore with the amount of the penalty.

I congratulated the race winner in a real conversation before the awards ceremony not just in print to make a statement in an article hoping he would read it or make me look good. Im truly happy for His team and all the racers that shared the Journey. How many people in the world can say they sailed across the Pacific ocean on a SailBoat.

Sincerely,

Andy Costello
Skipper
Double Trouble

Thanks for speaking up and owning up.

Perhaps you just need some lightspeed therapy in the bay, I understand there s a big race coming up in Sept Posted Image

#207 rigmaster

rigmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Here I Am the owner

In Regards to :

Sincerely,

Andy Costello
Skipper
Double Trouble

Thanks for speaking up and owning up.

Perhaps you just need some lightspeed therapy in the bay, I understand there s a big race coming up in Sept Posted Image

Another thanks for speaking up! I think a lot of people addressed that it is not all about the name on the trophy. It is great you guys have that perspective as well. I also agree now that the penalty seems fair and think not withdrawing the proper thing to do! Again, an amazing run on a perfectly prepared boat.

#208 Superkilt

Superkilt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Very small rocks! Churches! A duck!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

You can't think of any reason why looking at the tracker might not be a good idea? None at all?
Consider: You can listen to Stan Honey and other sharp guys and ladies with poignant stances on the matter of info sharing on the way to Hawaii, of you can listen to this author. I suspect this author has never done the race.

Your hands belong on the duel throttle controls, son. Like in the pics you post.

#209 born2sail

born2sail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,782 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

The return to the mainland is the end of the 2012 Pacific Cup saga, but marks a new beginning for VALIS in the Pacific Northwest. This is her new home at sunrise in a quiet cove on San Juan Island. That's Mt Baker in the background. I reckon there will be more discussion on the Cruising Forum about VALIS's new digs, but I thought this shot was a fitting conclusion to her Pac Cup adventure.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users