GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

From AC.com:

"....

The All in Racing team will fly the German flag at the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup in September following a successful push to re-organize the team.

“We are so happy to finally do this,” said skipper Philipp Buhl.

The young sailors have managed to secure all the support needed to show the event organizers they will be able to participate with a strong entry in September’s racing.

“We really would like to thank all our new partners, sponsors and fans who supported us spontaneously. The support which we received was just tremendous, in particular from the German sailing community,” Buhl said.

...."

http://www.americasc...th-americas-cup

Too bad they did not (or could not) throw their new benefactors a bone by mentioning their name on the AC.com site's story.  They (the new $$$ folks) deserve a little promo for stepping up so fast.

#902 gentrimmer

gentrimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:AC; other racing; more recently, affinity to multihulls

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Too bad they did not (or could not) throw their new benefactors a bone by mentioning their name on the AC.com site's story.  They (the new $$$ folks) deserve a little promo for stepping up so fast.

They put the names on a picture on the team's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-In-Racing/377773565655925?id=377773565655925&sk=photos_stream

#903 IanA.

IanA.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

The door closed on the first phase of the American Youth Sailing Force training program this past weekend with the final two days of AC45 training provided by Oracle Team USA.

With OTUSA’s withdrawal of support, the team is on its own for next phase of training. The Force will be relying exclusively on the SL33 and a new physical fitness program to prepare ourselves for the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup.

This is new news probably for most people here, but Oracle Team USA has shut down its Youth AC program.  Our team (The Force) is now operating independently from now through September 4th. 

I hope you guys enjoy this tongue and cheek movie production, it's us making the best of a less then ideal situation. 

#904 Qman

Qman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

what the @#$@????  How to OTUSA get off withdrawing support for this event.   They made this bed, they at least have to sleep in it.  

i really hope someone else wins the cup, to be honest i dont really care as long as the farce that surrounds this and the last cup is gone.     

#905 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

The door closed on the first phase of the American Youth Sailing Force training program this past weekend with the final two days of AC45 training provided by Oracle Team USA.

With OTUSA’s withdrawal of support, the team is on its own for next phase of training. The Force will be relying exclusively on the SL33 and a new physical fitness program to prepare ourselves for the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup.

This is new news probably for most people here, but Oracle Team USA has shut down its Youth AC program.  Our team (The Force) is now operating independently from now through September 4th. 

I hope you guys enjoy this tongue and cheek movie production, it's us making the best of a less then ideal situation. 

:D ..very well done. Sorry to hear you're homeless: hope something comes along for your team. In the meantime, why don't you ask Dalton to let you run the Big Cat Bar?

Serious question: with OTUSA withdrawing their support, what are you doing for a boat!? Haven't been following the Red Bull YAC at all...

#906 catsailor

catsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

DId you catch the OR branded broken bits in the background of a couple of scenes?  This is weird.  What's the backstory?

#907 K38BOB

K38BOB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

:D ..very well done. Sorry to hear you're homeless: hope something comes along for your team. In the meantime, why don't you ask Dalton to let you run the Big Cat Bar?

Serious question: with OTUSA withdrawing their support, what are you doing for a boat!? Haven't been following the Red Bull YAC at all...

Local SL33-

https://www.youtube....d&v=2vqZ1vTAai4

#908 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Local SL33-

https://www.youtube....d&v=2vqZ1vTAai4

Thanks. I've said from the start that the SL-33 would be an ideal boat for the Red Bull YAC. 

#909 K38BOB

K38BOB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Local SL33-

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=2vqZ1vTAai4

Thanks. I've said from the start that the SL-33 would be an ideal boat for the Red Bull YAC. 

Yup- and upgrade able to t foil rudders and a wing- great feeder to AC45. (and conveniently   beats the surrogate rule  :rolleyes: )

and a great feeder to SL 33 http://vimeo.com/49228830

#910 onimod

onimod

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:Cannot be left blank

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Bwaaaa! :P :D :lol:

Some good 'Oracle style' bonding moves at the end there I'm sure.

#911 Desprit

Desprit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Don't worry boys it might be the best thing that happened to you. Here is a clip of the skipper of one of your competitors doing his training: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=atAYPWhPjtc

Great minds think alike!

#912 IanA.

IanA.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

http://abclocal.go.c...isco&id=9147991

#913 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

http://abclocal.go.c...isco&id=9147991

Just amazing that something like that could happen so close to shore in 25 ft of water and they still cant even pull the van or body out. SF bay certainly has its quirks .

#914 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

The other story is how hard Ian's team tried to save a life.

And failed, it must be tough.

#915 IanA.

IanA.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

We appreciate the thought. Our team is holding strong with lots of internal and external support. It is always terrible to be in a position where you lose someone's life just on the other side of a piece of glass. There was nothing any of us could have done better to save the poor lady's life but I think we will always hold it to ourselves as a failure. I will never forget that feeling of losing, 

#916 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,461 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

We appreciate the thought. Our team is holding strong with lots of internal and external support. It is always terrible to be in a position where you lose someone's life just on the other side of a piece of glass. There was nothing any of us could have done better to save the poor lady's life but I think we will always hold it to ourselves as a failure. I will never forget that feeling of losing, 

You guys did what you could and should be proud of your efforts in reacting so quickly.

Know you did the best you could and move on knowing so.

#917 SL33_SF

SL33_SF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

YOU DID NOT FAIL ! (first time I use all caps on SA)

The situation simply did not allow you to safe her; shit happens.

It could have played out in a thousand different ways, but that was not in your control.

You did what you could and more than what 99.9% of the population could or would have done.

You would only have failed if you had not tried.

#918 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

+1000

It's a real story of true heroism. My deepest respect to that rescue effort.

I misplaced the video link of the newscast but what got shown was both gritty and gripping. edit, link is in Ian's post above; someone with a real keyboard should honor him with a thread, it's more than deserving of it

#919 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Ian, I am truly impressed with your team. You do indeed exhibit a strong sense of team in that you all could so quickly move together from watching this unfold to taking action. An incredible and heroic feat, in extremely cold water at a moments notice.

#920 IanA.

IanA.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I appreciate everyone's support. The team is holding up well and pushing forward as strong as ever. Here's our latest video installment of our team's training on the AC45s to hopefully put things back on a lighter note. 

#921 mootie

mootie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:killing voles

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

I was so impressed seeing the footage of your team trying to save that woman in her van in SF Bay last week.  I've also heard your team could really use more contributions so I found your website and sent you a donation.  You guys really deserve it.  Enjoying the team videos and got a kick out of the exercise and Sailstice ones.

http://americanyouth...om/?page_id=621

I've included the link to the donation page in case anyone else wants to contribute too.  Good kids.

#922 IanA.

IanA.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

The Force takes part in a top secret boat building competition and comes out victorious! Hope you guys enjoy this fun take on a plywood boat building contest and one Youth AC team's battle against better funded and more experienced teams.

(its sort of a cheaper, knockoff version of The Wind Gods)

#923 Desprit

Desprit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

This thread has been quiet for a while despite it covering what will almost certainly be the most exciting sailing we are going to see in winged cats this summer.

Here is a story from the NZ Herald:  http://www.nzherald....0904365&ref=rss

Also does anyone want to make a prediction on which team will come out on top?

I will go for FMJ from NZ as they showed Team Tilt the way over the weekend in Portugal and have had more experience this year at the top level than the other you teams.

#924 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Published on Aug 1, 2013

USA45 Racing skipper Charlie Buckingham fills AC UNCUT reporter Genny Tulloch in on what his team has been up to on and off the water in advance of the Red Bull Youth America's Cup in September.

#925 Desprit

Desprit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Here is a bit of AC Uncut action: http://www.youtube.c...s4WVQ7tyGgjTmqA

They are not saying a lot but its my boy so I am putting it up here!

#926 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

at AC.com

The young guns are getting ready in San Francisco  

August 8, 2013

RB1-780x432.jpg

Today is the first day of the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup. Although racing doesn’t start until September 1, today the teams meet at the America’s Cup facilities on the waterfront for orientation sessions. The 10 youth teams, from eight countries, will be given their AC45s on Monday.

In the preview clip below, we introduce you to the teams as well as the excitement that is unfolding leading into the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup.

#927 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

Red Bull team was in Alameda today branding the Artemis AC45.  (non foiler)

#928 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Photo op.

Isn't it gonna be purty!

GMR_AC34AugD19_2376_zps1fa87792.jpg

GMR_AC34AugD19_2401_zpsad0b86ca.jpg

GMR_AC34AugD16_0395_zpsfab492ce.jpg

GMR_AC34AugD16_0358_zps248747dd.jpg

#929 Qman

Qman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Interesting in one of the photos above there is alot of variation in jib cuts.  And in the others they are all the same RB jibs.  I presume the former are just training jibs left over from earlier development. 

#930 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Impressive that FRA can hit the lead after a 2nd row start.

#931 Qman

Qman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

PS all those identical bows in going to make judging the start breaks pretty tricky !!

#932 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Red Bull Youth America’s Cup schedule (8 fleet races)

• Sunday, Sept. 1: Fleet Races 1 and 2 (11:00 am PT)
  • Monday, Sept. 2: Fleet Races 3 and 4 (11:00 am PT)
  • Tuesday, Sept. 3: Fleet Races 5 and 6 (11:00 am PT)
  • Wednesday, Sept. 4: Fleet Races 7 and 8 (11:00 am PT)

#933 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

pretty cool

#934 k-f-u

k-f-u

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

PS all those identical bows in going to make judging the start breaks pretty tricky !!

Liveline + a few blue lights

#935 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Practice Begins, 12 Aug 2013

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Up Close Practice Slideshow, 14 Aug 2013

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Up Close Practice Video, 14 Aug 2013

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Practice Races, 25 Aug 2013

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Practice Race, 26 Aug 2013

#936 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

^ Wow!

6 days...

Young guns fired up for the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup August 26, 2013

RBYAC1-780x486.jpg

With the September Showdown between ORACLE TEAM USA and Emirates Team New Zealand now set, attention turns to the 10 Red Bull Youth America’s Cup teams who are hard at work with final training ahead of their racing, September 1-4.

The Red Bull Youth America’s Cup features 10 of the best young sailing teams on the planet competing in a fleet race series on the same AC45 wing sail catamarans the America’s Cup teams used over the past two years.

The competition kicks off on September 1st and features four days of fleet racing. The champion crowned on September 4th will have proven their mettle against the best in the world, in the spotlight of the San Francisco America’s Cup.

#937 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Where will these be broadcast?

#938 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

^^

Ummmm

Looks like Germany hits the mark at 3:45 and then Switzerland drags if off at 3:55 :lol:

last video

#939 LLD

LLD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

Where will these be broadcast?

http://www.redbull.com/en

But I think that's 11 a.m. MST:

Tune in to redbull.com from 11am (MST) on Sunday, September 1, to see the sails unfurled on the AC45s – and the beginning of a new era in the sport.

#940 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

^^

Ummmm

Looks like Germany hits the mark at 3:45 and then Switzerland drags if off at 3:55 :lol:

last video

I missed it! Working under severe time pressure, and the video window I use when narrating is small, but still -- I should have picked that up! Especially when the mark wasn't in the same place for the following boats. I'll have to redo the narration (and get more sleep). :D

#941 blakie

blakie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

ahhh Navas...cut yourself some slack my friend
you have been the hero of this cup
to show that it does not have to be all flash
just common sense

thank you
thank you

#942 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

ACRM setting regular marks for RBYAC practice today. Wind forecast 14-15. Tide moderate ebb.

#943 cuph4cker

cuph4cker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:alot

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

If you guys use the ACView on Itunes program you can see the racing telemetrie. Race at 1030.

#944 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Two NZL boats very impressive in first race, finishing 1-2, followed by AUS.

#945 kwikfisher

kwikfisher

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Kids learning to sail.
    Match racing.Tactics.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Two NZL boats very impressive in first race, finishing 1-2, followed by AUS.

Awesome results. Kiwis can fly? Comments?

Cheers and thanks for great updates John. Lookforward to your vids always.

K

#946 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Practice Race 1, 27 Aug 2013

#947 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Race 2 Portfolio, 28 Aug 2013

HI-RES STILLS: http://photos.navas.us/v/208/

#948 Desprit

Desprit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

Here is some on-board video from FMJ Racing http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K_X_umo1-QA

#949 kwikfisher

kwikfisher

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    Match racing.Tactics.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Here is some on-board video from FMJ Racing http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K_X_umo1-QA

Hahahaha jus love it. Go the boys x 2. Great sailing so far.

Cheers

K

#950 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

RBYAC-Course.jpeg

1264397_708472562512513_1594618731_o.jpg

#951 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Red Bull Youth America's Cup: Practice Races 1 & 2, 28 Aug 2013

#952 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Meet the crews! (More to come!)

#953 thetruth

thetruth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Peter Burling will take this with ease.................probably the best racing we will see on this cycle of the AC

#954 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Leave it to sail world to send a pre-flintstone to interview the kids.

#955 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Leave it to Sail-World to actually cover the event, with a highly-qualified crew, instead of largely ignoring it like other media outlets. Teams are thrilled. But hey, if you know better interviewers who are ready, willing and able to actually do a better job, then by all means send them to Sail-World. ;)

#956 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Chuck was fine and you might say the age difference helps to hilite how young these guys are. Watched all three, look forward to the rest.

Will be interesting to see if any teams can set themselves apart with consistency. I think they will all be gunning hard, am glad it will be covered live too.

#957 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Peter Burling will take this with ease.................probably the best racing we will see on this cycle of the AC

Agree this will probably be the best racing of this AC cycle, but while NZL Sailing Team (Peter) has a good shot at winning, they will have to sail very well to do it, because there are other very good teams here as well. May the best team win!

#958 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Leave it to Sail-World to actually cover the event, with a highly-qualified crew, instead of largely ignoring it like other media outlets. Teams are thrilled. But hey, if you know better interviewers who are ready, willing and able to actually do a better job, then by all means send them to Sail-World. ;)

Key line from you: "instead of largely ignoring it like other media"

Doesn't that sort of tell us all we need to know about this event? There is no context. It's just another Red Bull stunt. Pretty pictures and will probably be fun to watch a race or two but it hardly matters.

As far as helping Snail World not going to happen.

#959 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Key line from you: "instead of largely ignoring it like other media"
Doesn't that sort of tell us all we need to know about this event? ...

I sure don't think so. These are some of the very best young sailors in the world, competing in extraordinary high-performance cats that have been very closely matched. It's a great opportunity, which is why they've worked so hard to get here, and Red Bull deserves credit for supporting the event. My $0.02. ;)

#960 onimod

onimod

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Another tick in the box for the 'summer of fuc#ups'.

I went looking for a crew list on the Americas Cup website - nada.

Does anyone know where one might be hiding?

#961 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,001 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

why is that highly qualified crew reading during the answers?

#962 Landlockedlubber

Landlockedlubber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

why is that highly qualified crew reading during the answers?

Keeping up with the latest news on SA AC like all the other journos?

#963 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

RBYAC: http://mediacenter.a...h-americas-cup/

AC72: http://mediacenter.a....com/crew-list/

#964 onimod

onimod

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

RBYAC: http://mediacenter.a...h-americas-cup/

AC72: http://mediacenter.a....com/crew-list/

Cheers John

I find it very odd in this day and age that that information isn't put on a web page.

Thanks again.

#965 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

My oh my!  Aren't we a sourpuss.

OK, Chuck is no hot young interviewer chick but I for one am very grateful that RG, Chuck, John Navas and others are brining us this coverage.

I have the impression that having let the raging Red Bull loose,  ACEA is now trying to achieve some separation between the kids and the match proper by minimising official coverage. 

#966 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

My oh my!  Aren't we a sourpuss.

OK, Chuck is no hot young interviewer chick but I for one am very grateful that RG, Chuck, John Navas and others are brining us this coverage.

I have the impression that having let the raging Red Bull loose,  ACEA is now trying to achieve some separation between the kids and the match proper by minimising official coverage. 

ACEA probably just let sail world use the press center and will do their own thing when they want to.

#967 fireball

fireball

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

The Peter Burling interview was interesting: good questions and well thought out answers. The age of the interviewer shouldn't matter. In fact, older sailors who have some vision for the future are going to support the RBYAC and Chuck is an example many posters on this forum could learn from.

The RBYAC has top international sailors in multiple classes like Burling, guys who have switched from monohull Match racing to catamarans like Will Tiller, and top young multihull sailors like Jason Waterhouse. I hope the regatta goes well and encourages more young sailors to get involved.

#968 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

More Meet the Crews:

#969 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

http://instagram.com/p/dtUI6-BLcq/#

German Team All In Racing wins speed trial see http://www.americasc...icas-cup-racing

GMR_AC34AugD30_7802-780x520.jpg

GMR_AC34AugD30_7835-780x519.jpg

GMR_AC34AugD30_7731-780x519.jpg

GMR_AC34AugD30_7768-780x520.jpg

#970 onimod

onimod

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

^

have the 'A' teams tried that weight distribution?

#971 Micke

Micke

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Does anyone know if the RBYAC will be streamed live on YT? Tried to find it but as YouTube does an excellent job hiding stuff I might have missed it it. Link anyone?

#972 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Youtube Event list

Does anyone know if the RBYAC will be streamed live on YT? Tried to find it but as YouTube does an excellent job hiding stuff I might have missed it it. Link anyone?

#973 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Interests:Sailing. Classic Yachts. Following what's happening in development classes.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Streamed live on TVNZ.co.nz every day.

See link: http://tvnz.co.nz/am...1-video-5553676

#974 Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Nice of the Red Bull signage people to redesign the Kiwi flag for them.  Can you image how apeshit much of the US population would have been if the flag on USA 2 had the stars changed to help make the two boats look different.

#975 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Races 1 & 2 (more added here as I shoot them):

#976 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Interests:Sailing. Classic Yachts. Following what's happening in development classes.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Races 1 & 2 (more added here as I shoot them):

Thanks, John.

#977 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

interesting how far fwd they are hiking

17.00 portuguese team hiking out 2 guys fwd of the main beam

18.57 usa1 has 2 waaay fwd

#978 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

Nice of the Red Bull signage people to redesign the Kiwi flag for them.  Can you image how apeshit much of the US population would have been if the flag on USA 2 had the stars changed to help make the two boats look different.

Do you mean the missing white behind the red stars on NZL1?

Or are you looking at the Ozzie flag?! ;)

GMR_AC34SepD1_0349-780x519.jpg

BG_01SEP2013_RBYAC_RACE_5720-780x520.jpg

#979 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

stars are too high on both flags

they've been compressed down to their important visual elements :)

fmj with 3 fwd of the main beam in race 3

even at 45' these boats are behaving more like 16' beachcats than the ac72s

and changing boat trim by moving meat

is quite different for the up, down and reaching legs  

#980 Qman

Qman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

am really hoping they dont do that silly "super sunday" extra points final day. makes a joke of consistency 

#981 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

^ they are going to anyway though...

#982 Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I'm talking about the white outlines on the stars, compare the two kiwi flags. They're different.

#983 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

am really hoping they dont do that silly "super sunday" extra points final day. makes a joke of consistency 

Whoops. Too late.

#984 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Objective Australia Gennaker problem in Race 4:

#985 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Objective Australia Gennaker problem in Race 4:

'Oh...not again', is right. Tough break for the Aussies. They had that one in the bag too.

#986 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Races 3 & 4 (more added here as I shoot them):

#987 kwikfisher

kwikfisher

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    Match racing.Tactics.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

I'm talking about the white outlines on the stars, compare the two kiwi flags. They're different.

You must surely be an Australian!

One is a kiwi flag one is aussie. Were you educated elsewhere or maybe selfschooled.

OMG!!!!

Cheers and hard luck to the aussie battlers in the ACworlds.

K

#988 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

^

not to be too anal in flag anarchy but

he's right

you're wrong

scroll up a bit to the 2 pics above, not the videos

NLZ 2 has red stars white outline - correct

NZL1 has red stars with no white outline - incorrect

#989 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Shame the RBYAC has been overshadowed by the big boy cheating stuff.

Great racing today, again.

Both Kiwi teams looking strong, with two races to go.

#990 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Any coverage for races 5 and 6, John?

#991 JNavas

JNavas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Any coverage for races 5 and 6, John?

Yes, but delayed because of AC commitments and the cheating scandal --

I was shooting interviews at ETNZ late yesterday, including Glenn Ashby.

Apologies.

#992 Goose84

Goose84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

That was a pretty anticlimactic way to end the Youth AC.  I agree with the guys in the booth that these kids are clearly skilled enough to sail in these conditions.

#993 Manfred

Manfred

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Sailing DN on hard water and all sorts of boats on soft water

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

The wind limit seemed to be written in stone and therefore no chance for the second race.

Not matter what the TV Stations around the world wanted to transmit...

And the winner is the "powered by ETNZ team" skippered by Peter Burling, NZ

Congrats!

#994 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

To wrap up...

"First annual RBYAC" - ?? :o

1 NZL Sailing with ETNZ        2 9 RDG 9 7 4 3 8 1 10 1 10 4 7     57

2 Full Metal Jacket Racing            7 4 1 10 4 7 6 5 6 5 3 8 5 6     45

3 ROFF/Cascais Sailing Team      3 8 6 5 1 10 8 3 8 3 5 6 2 9     44

4 Team Tilt                                    8 3 5 6 2 9 2 9 9 2 7 4 1 10     43

5 American Youth Sailing Force   1 10 7 4 3 8 5 6 7 4 4 7 8 3     42

6 Swedish Youth Challenge        6 5 2 9 9 2 1 10 4 7 6 5 10 1     39

7 Objective Australia RDG            5 10 1 6 5 10 1 2 9 2 9 3 8     38

8 Next World Energy                     4 7 4 7 8 3 4 7 5 6 9 2 6 5     37

9 All In Racing                              5 6 8 3 5 6 9 2 3 8 8 3 9 2     30

10 USA45 Racing                   9 2 9 2 10 1 7 4 10 1 10 1 7 4     15

"Kids" - Pfft!

_MR_6753_zps719c7423.jpg

MR_6747-780x520.jpg

MR_6609-780x520.jpg

GMR_AC34sepD3_2477-780x520.jpg

The Red Bull Youth America’s Cup provided thrills, spills and plenty of action over four days of intense competition on San Francisco Bay. On Wednesday, the New Zealand Sailing Team with Emirates Team New Zealand recovered from a poor start to beat their fierce rivals on Full Metal Jacket (NZL) and the ROFF/Cascais Sailing Team from Portugal to win the inaugural title.

The leaderboard was tight, leading to tense moments on the final day. Just three points separated second from fifth place. When the Swiss Team TILT won race 7, they became the sixth different team to claim a race win in the regatta.

Race 8 – which was to score double points – was cancelled with the winds on San Francisco Bay over the limit.

Red Bull Youth America’s Cup – Provisional Standings
1. NZL Sailing Team with Emirates Team New Zealand (NZL) 2-RDG-7-3-1-1-4 – 57 points
2. Full Metal Jacket Racing (NZL) 7-1-4-6-6-3-5 – 45 points
3. ROFF/Cascais Sailing Team (POR) 3-6-1-8-8-5-2 – 44 points
4. Team TILT (SUI) 8-5-2-2-9-7-1 – 43 points
5. American Youth Sailing Force (USA) 1-7-3-5-7-4-8 – 42 points
6. Swedish Youth Challenge (SWE) 6-2-9-1-4-6-10 – 39 points
7. Objective Australia (AUS) RDG-10-6-10-2-3 – 38 points
8. Next World Energy (FRA) 4-4-8-4-5-9-6 – 37 points
9. All In Racing (GER) 5-8-5-9-3-8-9 – 30 points
10. USA45 Racing (USA) 9-9-10-7-10-10-7 – 15 points
(RDG = redress awarded by International Jury)

#995 krispy kreme

krispy kreme

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Very much a shame to have cut off that last race.  Had they waited all of maybe 10 min's more, the wind would  have been within limits.  But I guess they had to get practice racing going for ORTUSA B1 and B2. Priorities you know!

#996 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Nice work for the Kiwis. 1 and 2 in RBYAC.

What's with the wind limits?

What a fuck up these San Francisco regattas are.

#997 Barnyb

Barnyb

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Congrats Peter Burling and team!

Attached Files

#998 SL33_SF

SL33_SF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Very much a shame to have cut off that last race.  Had they waited all of maybe 10 min's more, the wind would  have been within limits.  But I guess they had to get practice racing going for ORTUSA B1 and B2. Priorities you know!

Uhm, no. On SF Bay at noon waiting for less wind is simply pointless.
Todays data:

Attached File  Wind.PNG   79.28K   10 downloads

Stupid, clueless wind limit.

The boys were easily capable to sail up to 22kn, especially when its not ebbing hard.

#999 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Uhm, no. On SF Bay at noon waiting for less wind is simply pointless.
Todays data:

attachicon.gifWind.PNG

Stupid, clueless wind limit.

The boys were easily capable to sail up to 22kn, especially when its not ebbing hard.

+1

#1000 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

YAC organisers Herr Steinacher und Herr Hagara get ready to run for a good cause....

http://www.wingsforl...cher-hagara-28/

Last wo/man standing!

May 4th - mark your calendars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users