#1 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Beneteau 367. Always shifts into forward without fail. Reverse is a different story. Sometimes it goes right in, sometimes nothing, sometimes weakly in reverse. Check all the linkage, looks good. Cable brackets are good. Locknuts in place. Shifter working as per normal. Clutch lever seems to fully engage in both fwd and rev. Is there a way to adjust things in the tranny to engage the rev gear? Is rev frictional or what? Any links to shop manual or personal/professional experience would be helpful.

#2 inquiring Mind

inquiring Mind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Beneteau 367. Always shifts into forward without fail. Reverse is a different story. Sometimes it goes right in, sometimes nothing, sometimes weakly in reverse. Check all the linkage, looks good. Cable brackets are good. Locknuts in place. Shifter working as per normal. Clutch lever seems to fully engage in both fwd and rev. Is there a way to adjust things in the tranny to engage the rev gear? Is rev frictional or what? Any links to shop manual or personal/professional experience would be helpful.

This is a WAG, but I suspect that reverse is frictional. Hurth tends to build them that way. If so that's not good news.

#3 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Yeah that is sort of what I thought. However it doesn't look like a Hurth gearbox, at least not one I am familiar with as the output shaft is vertical rather than horizontal and it doesn't really have the same style of heatsink fins that you see on Hurth products. Also I thought Volvo built them exclusively and it is a Volvo powerplant.
So what I was thinking if it is a frictional reverse, is there a band that tightens when you toss the puppy into reverse? If so is there an adjustment on that band?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users