#1 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, skiing

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

Report and video on Aussie multihull Peccadillo in this year's Australian Three Peaks Race here: http://mycv-news.blogspot.com.au/

Peccadillo is a Chris White 46 Mk2 with a modified, more powerful rig. Still a cruising boat though ....

#2 Corley

Corley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Nice work fellas, looking forward to the next instalment.

#3 trimariner

trimariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

I'll second that Corley, and the new website is also excellant. After watching Peccadillo's video I must say the Atlantic Cats for'd cockpit is somewhere I would prefer not to be in Bass Straight! Be nice in French Polynesia though. Cheers to all my Victorian mates and see you all? at Airlie Race Week, should be a ripper.

#4 bush sailer

bush sailer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

I agree the forward half of most multis is an unpleasant place to be in any sort of rough weather. I have often wondered the logic of the forward cockpit, especially on a cruising boat.

#5 Fuller

Fuller

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, football, family.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Report and video on Aussie multihull Peccadillo in this year's Australian Three Peaks Race here: http://mycv-news.blogspot.com.au/

Peccadillo is a Chris White 46 Mk2 with a modified, more powerful rig. Still a cruising boat though ....

Great effort boys just to finish in that! Great video, when is leg 2 coming?

#6 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Aiming to do one leg per week or so. Dave just needs to find the time to edit the video!

Forward cockpit is wetter in those conditions obviously than most cats with aft cockpits (we were doing 24 knots in the video!), but is still better than most (all?) monos doing anywhere near that speed. And it is such a good place to sail from when racing - you are really aware of what's going on with the sea, the wind, the sails. These conditions represent prob less than 1% of our sailing - happy with the compromise.

#7 trimariner

trimariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hey Peccadillo, bring that forward cockpit to sunny sailing in flat water! at Airlie Beach, & watch the 2 ORMA 60 Tri's battle it out. Team Vodaphone has confirmed they are coming & Team Australia has also!! A warm welcome is quaranteed. It should be the Multihull event of the year, More Mexicans up here than in Melbourne allready! It would be nice to see some of the Pittwater fleet head North as well. Be there, or be square. Tassy also Terry? Cheers all.

#8 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hey guys, here's the next leg. Sorry about the delay ....

http://mycv-news.blogspot.com.au/

#9 green boat

green boat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hey guys, here's the next leg. Sorry about the delay ....

http://mycv-news.blogspot.com.au/

excellent video.
Thanks for making the time to make it public, and thank you for the time taken to shoot it even though there were some extreme weather around.
well done

#10 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

I like it that one of your runners was named Chris White, I had a chuckle when I saw that. Was that part of the deal, did he have to change his name? Posted Image You must be very happy with the boat, they always have been a favourite of mine.

#11 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

I like it that one of your runners was named Chris White, I had a chuckle when I saw that. Was that part of the deal, did he have to change his name? Posted Image You must be very happy with the boat, they always have been a favourite of mine.

Hoping to get all crew and runners to be called Chris White by next year. Then this ageing skipper won't have trouble remembering all those names .... :P

Love the boat and still tinkering with her. About to remove the mini keels and put deeper rudders on her, and change the inner forestay to be removable dynex and connecting higher up the mast.

#12 trimariner

trimariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

Thanks Peccadillo, very interesting footage, looking forward to leg 3 and seeing you in the whitsundays ASAP. Mini keels and daggers? that will lose some drag! Cheers.

#13 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

FINALLY!! The last instalment ... text and link to video here http://mycv-news.blogspot.com.au/

#14 munt

munt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Man, that sure is a cool boat, very rugged and fast. Looks like you have done a great job setting it up for hard ocean work. That race looks pretty gnarly from where I'm sitting, here in sunny socal.

#15 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Nice Cat, I always liked the C.White lines, the forward cockpit to get you out in the action, and the pilot house for protection, a great combination in a go anywhere multihull design.

Shes a beauty mate.

#16 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Thnx for the feedback, guys :)

#17 trimariner

trimariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

I can not seem to get more than 2min 20s out of episode 3? Any one else having trouble?

#18 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

I can not seem to get more than 2min 20s out of episode 3? Any one else having trouble?

working ok for me ...

#19 trimariner

trimariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Finally got the whole 3'rd episode OK. Very informative. You had them cold but discression is the better part of valour. Next year fingers crossed will be better. The For'd cockpit works much better reaching. Would be great up here. Hope to see you one of these days in the sunny whitsundays. Thanks for the posts.

#20 Peccadillo

Peccadillo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Will be a coupla years before I get Peccadillo up to Queensland - family commitments here - but certainly looking forward to it. Hope they let multis in the S2H before then coz would love to do that too ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users