• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 One Hull Up

One Hull Up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

I've been trying to get some 3mm Marlow D12 max 90, so far I'm looking at having to buy a 100meter roll. Waiting to hear back on pricing but i bet it won't be below $300! Is there anybody in North America that actually stocks this stuff and will do cut lengths?
my application is strops and halyards on my cat, the max 78 may work just as well considering the loads.

My understanding is the "Max" process is similar to the dux process, is the Marlow product just as stiff as Dux? Will it run freely through blocks or is it better left to straight line applications?

Thanks

#2 pickles

pickles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

No idea where to get it but it is stiff, similar to dynex dux but a little bit softer. It will run through blocks just fine.

#3 ease hike trim

ease hike trim

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Where are you located?

#4 wildtsail

wildtsail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Marlow is readily available throughout the U.S. at all major retailers and dinghy shops, any of them could get you this product through the U.S. Distributor which is Bainbridge International in MA. If you need help locating one let me know.
Disclaimer* I do work for Bainbridge.
D12 Max is similar to Dux. It is a bit stiffer (especially when new) than standard Dyneema but still runs smoothly through turning blocks, you will not have an issue.
I am an F18 sailor and currently use 2.5mm SK78 D12 Max on all the Dyneema applications on my boat including trapeze lines, cunningham, spin halyard, and etc. I went up to 3mm on the spin pole bridles, just because I had it. I too originally considered SK90 but the SK78 gives you close to the performance of SK90 for quite a bit less, on our boats we won't approach the breaking load of any of these lines.
To keep it in the family, Rob Jerry (an F18 sailor) at Boat Works LTD. in Syracuse is stocking 3mm SK78 D12 Max and could sell you cut lengths.
Edit: Just realized you're either Seamus or Brian? I've set Ian at Anacortes Rigging up with some Marlow, we can get him a spool, we have it in stock.

#5 One Hull Up

One Hull Up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

Where are you located?

Victoria BC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users