Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

#2 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,291 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

U.N.----> Unilaterally Nuts....

#3 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

The UN is a completely irrelevant and impotent organisation where old politicians and bureaucrats go to die.

#4 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

I run into Mugabe apologists all the time - there's a ton of them who sail and post on this board. What's the big deal? We just gave them a podium.

#5 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I run into Mugabe apologists all the time - there's a ton of them who sail and post on this board. What's the big deal? We just gave them a podium.

Really? I'm not saying it isn't true in your experience but I have never......never.....ever.....met someone who support or defend Mugabe. But then, I don't hang about in the U.N.

#6 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Neither do I thank god.

There are many - one immediately comes to mind a tall fellow from South Africa - lives in the US now as a painter.

Maybe its the New York metro region, it attracts all types.

#7 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,291 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Really? I'm not saying it isn't true in your experience but I have never......never.....ever.....met someone who support or defend Mugabe. But then, I don't hang about in the U.N.

Mr. McCabe leads a secret life....

#8 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Mr. McCabe leads a secret life....

Yes, I've been uncovered - I spend four hours in makeup before I arrive at the UN. I'm actually Bahn Ki Moon.

#9 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I've never even heard of a Mugabe apologist. I guess you learn something new every day - in this case that some people can defend the indefensible.

#10 cbm

cbm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'm a Zimbabwean refugee whose family was a victim of Bob's thugs...This is ridiculous, no-thing in their right mind would think this is anything other that a joke....a sick one at that. Really sad thing is that Zimbabwe is a fabulous country and could be a great place to visit if only we could get rid of our "Tourism Ambassador"

#11 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,291 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm a Zimbabwean refugee whose family was a victim of Bob's thugs...This is ridiculous, no-thing in their right mind would think this is anything other that a joke....a sick one at that. Really sad thing is that Zimbabwe is a fabulous country and could be a great place to visit if only we could get rid of our "Tourism Ambassador"

I was told by someone more than twenty years ago that Africa is it's own worst enemy....

#12 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

I've never even heard of a Mugabe apologist. I guess you learn something new every day - in this case that some people can defend the indefensible.

Is it honestly that new for you?

#13 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is it honestly that new for you?

Not completely, but the scope of this is shocking. He makes kitten killers look like Mother Teresa.

#14 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Not completely, but the scope of this is shocking.

Honest open question, why?

Morality is subjective no?

#15 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

This just shows how out of touch the U.N. is. They honor a dictator who has enriched himself at the expense of millions of citizens while they waffle around while Assad and his cronies in Syria murder their own people.

It is time for smart countries to stop supporting this idiocy.

#16 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,065 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Just some bullshit that went viral. Here's the details.

http://www.outsideth...t-doesnt-exist/

#17 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Precisely. I would give my left nut and all my cash to see just ONE strong dignified leader of this country jump off the PC wagon and make a stand. If our president had any balls at all he would not only condemn such a ludicrous appointment but at least threaten to withdraw from the UN and kick their sorry asses out of New York.

I've lived 65 years now and am still waiting for Mr. Smith going to Washington. So sad...

edit: just saw Mark's correction (thanks Mark!). Doesn't change my views at all unfortunately. "Arcane Politics of the UN"??? WTF? That's an unacceptable explanation.

#18 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Precisely. I would give my left nut and all my cash to see just ONE strong dignified leader of this country jump off the PC wagon and make a stand. If our president had any balls at all he would not only condemn such a ludicrous appointment but at least threaten to withdraw from the UN and kick their sorry asses out of New York.

I've lived 65 years now and am still waiting for Mr. Smith going to Washington. So sad...

edit: just saw Mark's correction (thanks Mark!). Doesn't change my views at all unfortunately. "Arcane Politics of the UN"??? WTF? That's an unacceptable explanation.

I agree.

#19 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,065 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

I approve of it. Zambia and Zimbabwe are poorer than a church mouse. Let them host the thing and make a buck.

#20 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

I approve of it. Zambia and Zimbabwe are poorer than a church mouse. Let them host the thing and make a buck.

So is Cuba and Azerbaijan that's very Progressive of you.

In fact maybe we can have an Olympics there.. just like 1936.

#21 cbm

cbm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this forum. Zimbabwe wasn't always poor, it's poor because Bob and his mates fucked it up and stole the countries wealth. Anyway any event that bring in revenue will only enrich the fuckers at the top.

#22 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,065 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

So is Cuba and Azerbaijan that's very Progressive of you.

In fact maybe we can have an Olympics there.. just like 1936.

Cuba is not as poor as Zimbabwe and Zambia.

This may surprise you, but isolation is not always as effective at regime change as it was in Cuba. Oh wait...nevermind...

#23 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this forum. Zimbabwe wasn't always poor, it's poor because Bob and his mates fucked it up and stole the countries wealth. Anyway any event that bring in revenue will only enrich the fuckers at the top.

Now, now.. Hitler agreed with another poster on this thread.

#24 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,065 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Now, now.. Hitler agreed with another poster on this thread.

I thought the stand-up comedy act punchline was devastatingly irrefutable, myself.

#25 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

Ima gonna go all PA on yer asses now....apologies ahead of time.

If this country really believed in human rights, none of the above would be written. ie: Bob and his cronies would never be allowed to rape his people and his country. Soveriengty you say? Fuck that. The fact is almost 7 Billion human beings live on this tiny miracle of a spinning globe and with all the technology and science we have available this day and age, there is no justification for any human to be forced to suffer more than their genes and/or human condition already causes. The primary reason for all the shit that happens to good people are borders and the fuckers that use those borders as reasons & excuses to control the masses and steal, rape, and plunder what should be available to all. The other cause, of course, is fanatatism. Religion in any form creates fanatics, and is one more method of controlling the masses for personal gain. There is only one deadly sin in my opinion. GREED. And greed is all that I see...in every molecule around us.

Show me a man/woman today that does ANYTHING altruistically, any so-called leader that does ANYTHING good that is not for personal gain, and I'll show you an alien that just landed their saucer.

Sorry guys & girls. Guess I needed to jump on a soapbox and vent. I'm in my twilight years now and am very concerned about the future for you younger folks. DO NOT ignore history or you will be doomed to repeat it. There are extremely evil people on this planet that will fuck you over in a heartbeat. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and all I see is everyone rolling over and taking it up the arse. The Patriot Act is shit. The Medical Community are required to ask each patient if they are Hispanic. WTF??? Why is no-one marching in the streets??? You are allowing the Federal Government to violate Federal laws!!! Even seat-belt laws are an afront to personal choice. I've never heard of anyone not wearing a seatbelt kill another. The ads against smoking paid by your tax dollars are absurd and completely ineffective. The war on drugs??? Fuck me if that isn't a cluster-fuck...in a bad economy. That crap has emboldened the states. California is bat-shit crazy. Local municipalities like SF are off the charts. The government's job is NOT to protect you from yourself. It's job is to protect you from others. Their power continues to grow to a tipping point. Mark my words. An evil SOB can walk right in and crush all of you tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out to be some corporate CEO. Power corrupts absolutely.

Can't fight city hall? Bullshit. We changed a ton of things for the better in the 60's and created the best ever rock & roll at the same time.

Fair warning kiddies...

#26 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Addendum to above rant: Now NYC Mayor Bloomburg wants to ban sodas over 16oz??? WTF?? THAT'S the most important item on NYC's agenda??? How dare the arrogant prick! He should be impeached in 24 hours for such an absurd and insane dereliction of duty and then sent to Riker's Island mental ward.

I don't drink soda at all, mind you. Never ordered one over 16oz in my life when I did. But...I will defend everyone's right to sell or consume whatever the fuck they want to ingest with my life.

I'm tellin ya kiddies...they are going fuking bonkers with power. You need to put an end to it once and for all.

Jon Stewart here. (2 parts. The 2nd part is histerical)
http://www.businessi...soda-ban-2012-6

#27 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,065 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

If this country really believed in human rights, none of the above would be written. ie: Bob and his cronies would never be allowed to rape his people and his country. Soveriengty you say? Fuck that.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

#28 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

If this country really believed in human rights, none of the above would be written. ie: Bob and his cronies would never be allowed to rape his people and his country. Soveriengty you say? Fuck that.

HA HA! Nevermind. Those guys couldn't rescue a kitten from a low tree branch.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: we're such dumbass pussies now, if Lichtenstein invaded us we'd lose.

#29 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,065 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

HA HA! Nevermind. Those guys couldn't rescue a kitten from a low tree branch.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: we're such dumbass pussies now, if Lichtenstein invaded us we'd lose.

Most of our recent actions indicate we are much closer to being dumbass "LEEROY JENKINS!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users