2923 replies to this topic

#1 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

"Prosecutors on Friday asked a Florida judge to revoke bail for George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain charged with second-degree murder for killing unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

The request came in a new motion filed in the murder case, which sparked civil rights protests across the United States and prompted widespread debate over guns, self-defense laws and U.S. race relations.

The motion was filed ahead of a hearing in which Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. was due to consider motions to keep much of the evidence in the case against Zimmerman under seal pending his trial, on a charge for which he faces a penalty of 25 years to life.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, prosecutors alleged in the motion that Zimmerman's wife knew about the donations her husband had collected through a PayPal account for his defense, but failed to mention the money at his bond hearing.

Zimmerman, 28, is charged with shooting and killing the 17-year-old Martin as he walked through a gated community in Sanford, Florida, near Orlando, February 26".

http://www.reuters.c...E85016H20120601

#2 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm sorry but where does it say that in your article -

Prosecutors ask judge to revoke Zimmerman's bail

inShare
Share this

Email
Print

Related News
Trayvon's killer said to make self-incriminating statements
Thu, May 24 2012
Trayvon evidence fails to answer who screamed for help
Fri, May 18 2012
Trayvon Martin had traces of marijuana in his system
Thu, May 17 2012
Trayvon Martin's mother in Bloomberg gun control video
Fri, May 11 2012
Florida nabs white supremacists planning "race war"
Wed, May 9 2012
Analysis & Opinion
Kuwaiti pleads innocent of blasphemy in Twitter trial
Rajat Gupta and the hearsay rule
Related Topics
U.S. »
SANFORD, Florida | Fri Jun 1, 2012 2:16pm EDT
(Reuters) - Prosecutors on Friday asked a Florida judge to revoke bail for George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain charged with second-degree murder for killing unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

The request came in a new motion filed in the murder case, which sparked civil rights protests across the United States and prompted widespread debate over guns, self-defense laws and U.S. race relations.

The motion was filed ahead of a hearing in which Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. was due to consider motions to keep much of the evidence in the case against Zimmerman under seal pending his trial, on a charge for which he faces a penalty of 25 years to life.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, prosecutors alleged in the motion that Zimmerman's wife knew about the donations her husband had collected through a PayPal account for his defense, but failed to mention the money at his bond hearing.

Zimmerman, 28, is charged with shooting and killing the 17-year-old Martin as he walked through a gated community in Sanford, Florida, near Orlando, February 26.

Police initially declined to arrest Zimmerman, citing Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law, but the special prosecutor who was subsequently appointed charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty.

(Reporting By Barbara Liston, writing and additional reporting by Tom Brown; Editing by Vicki Allen)

#3 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

inShare
Share this

Email
Print

Related News
Thu, May 24 2012
Fri, May 18 2012
Thu, May 17 2012
Fri, May 11 2012
Wed, May 9 2012
Analysis & Opinion
Related Topics
U.S. »
(Reuters) - Prosecutors on Friday asked a Florida judge to revoke bail for George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain charged with second-degree murder for killing unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman, 28, is charged with shooting and killing the 17-year-old Martin as he walked through a gated community in Sanford, Florida, near Orlando, February 26.

Police initially declined to arrest Zimmerman, citing Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law, but the special prosecutor who was subsequently appointed charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

(Reporting By Barbara Liston, writing and additional reporting by Tom Brown; Editing by Vicki Allen)

Just announced on the news.

#4 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

inShare
Share this

Email
Print

Related News
Thu, May 24 2012
Fri, May 18 2012
Thu, May 17 2012
Fri, May 11 2012
Wed, May 9 2012
Analysis & Opinion
Related Topics
U.S. »

Just announced on the news.

Yea, I just heard he didn't tell the court about the 135k he had in a bank account. Its bad but not damning.

#5 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,180 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

A year in the can is bad.

#6 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Not damning, but his word might be under suspicion more now.

#7 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

A year in the can is bad.

he's a big boy - he'll be held accountable for his (in)actions.

#8 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

The $135,000 was then, I imagine it has grown substantially since. Not good to be determined "dishonest" prior to a jury trial.

#9 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

The $135,000 was then, I imagine it has grown substantially since. Not good to be determined "dishonest" prior to a jury trial.

Nope - if it goes in front of a jury.

#10 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

What's the fuking difference in how much cash he had----the judge agreed to a set bail amount, the court now has his bail money, he's out on bail and in hiding, he's monitered, his passport has been turned in, he's not going anwhere and is not a flight risk. Wtf is the problem here? Does Trayvon's folks think that a higher bail amount equals higher amount of justice for their dead son?

Jfc.....

#11 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

What's the fuking difference in how much cash he had----the judge agreed to a set bail amount, the court now has his bail money, he's out on bail and in hiding, he's monitered, his passport has been turned in, he's not going anwhere and is not a flight risk. Wtf is the problem here? Does Trayvon's folks think that a higher bail amount equals higher amount of justice for their dead son?

Jfc.....

its the fact that he concealed it Ricky. Nothing else. I doubt the Martin family had anything to do with it.

#12 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Jfc.....

Duh, He hid the amount of money from the court and had another passport. That's why he is back in the can and it had zero to do with Trayvon Martins parents.

#13 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Jfc.....

its the fact that he concealed it Ricky. Nothing else. I doubt the Martin family had anything to do with it.

Their lawyer was still on TV bitching about something though.

#14 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Duh, He hid the amount of money from the court and had another pasport. That's why he is back in the can and it had zero to do with Trayvon Martins parents.

It was a replacement for his US passport - i.e. two physical passports. I'll have to check but i think the numbers on the passports are the same.

#15 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,180 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

Jfc.....

They set bail based on how rich you are. A $100,000 is enough to keep the average joe in town to face the music, but Bill Gates has navel lint worth more than that.

#16 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Duh, He hid the amount of money from the court and had another pasport. That's why he is back in the can and it had zero to do with Trayvon Martins parents.

It was a replacement for his US passport - i.e. two physical passports. I'll have to check but i think the numbers on the passports are the same.

They would have to be----Americans only get one passport number. Now then, if the second one is a Peruvian passport....,that's a whole 'nuther thing...

#17 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Innovation, Web Development, Writing, etc.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

You gotta say it's ironic....all the righties and gun nuts sent him money which caused him to be thrown in the clink!
Posted Image

#18 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

His lying about the money and turning in an expired passport knowing full well he had a current passport is deeply troubling. Shows a propensity for lying and deceit. His whole credibility is now in question. If he lies to a judge who knows what lies he told the night he murdered TM. I imagine TMS and McCabe are now ruing their misplaced support for this cold blooded psychopath.

#19 Tejano

Tejano

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, sailing, more sailing.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Posted Image

BRING HIM IN, DEAD OR ALIVE, DAWG!

#20 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

You gotta say it's ironic....all the righties and gun nuts sent him money which caused him to be thrown in the clink!
Posted Image

No, what's ironically stupid is that Angela 'The Witch Hunter' Corey and her team of morons didn't find out about Z's Pay Pal fundraiser before the bail hearing. But thousands of gun owners and myself on a dozen forums knew he had one over six weeks ago.

Wasn't to fuking difficult to find that one, Angela, had you opened up your fuking lap top and typed in about sixteen letters....

#21 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

ahhh its a rainy day in central Florida...

we at least broke the heat a bit.

#22 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

not good to lie to the judge.

#23 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,180 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Don't stress it. His lawyer will almost certainly come up with a way to say "Sorry" that includes something just plausible enough for the judge to hang his hat on and give him a new bail hearing.

Something like: "I can understand why you can't believe it, your honor, but I really, truly, honestly am such an incredible dumbshit that I really didn't understand that money was "mine". I didn't even tell my lawyer about it, and I haven't spent a penny of it."

#24 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Ten g-damn inches here in 3-1/2 days....and it still didn't penetrate the ground to the 19' mark. The 'Well People' came out yesterday and went down another 28" to finally hit water.....

#25 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Ten g-damn inches here in 3-1/2 days....and it still didn't penetrate the ground to the 19' mark. The 'Well People' came out yesterday and went down another 28" to finally hit water.....

Only June 1st, it's going to be a glorious summer.

#26 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Central Florida is short about 5" of rain this year. This week has been good but they're still in deficit territory.

Need to go to a graduation.

Toodles all.

Ricky - I'm gonna give you a call mañana.

#27 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Tedious pre trial bullshit. Next!

Weather really screwing up Blowhard's departure for ME, and not helping the condition of my new N.FL abode. It Needs To Stop.

#28 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

Weather really screwing up Blowhard's departure for ME, and not helping the condition of my new N.FL abode. It Needs To Stop.

Send some rain this way. My 'maters and jalpenos are tired of tap water. When I open the spigot on my rain barrel all I get is a puff of dust....:(

#29 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Send some rain this way. My 'maters and jalpenos are tired of tap water. When I open the spigot on my rain barrel all I get is a puff of dust....:(

The new homestead has its own artesian well. it won't bring rain but it should bring good water if we ever get the pump system up and running.

#30 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Just started up again...third late/sunset afternoon in a row. My neighbors just informed me that it does this every day during the summer. Kinda like Costa Rica, but that's usually around 1400 hrs. This late shit is really fuking with my cocktail hour/sundowner ritual....

#31 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

I hope you drown in a torrent of rain. We don't need you tourist types invading our fair state.

#32 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Just started up again...third late/sunset afternoon in a row. My neighbors just informed me that it does this every day during the summer. Kinda like Costa Rica, but that's usually around 1400 hrs. This late shit is really fuking with my cocktail hour/sundowner ritual....

Tried to warn you there EM.
I said "its hot here....."
You said "no problema, been to Mexico a time or three..."

I said " the bugs will carry you away here...."
You said " No problema, I have bug spray..."

I said " the people are a little different here then the left coast...."
You said "No problema, I'm a people person..."

Now listen to ya.....:P

Welcome to Florida.

#33 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

FML.....

#34 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

East Bug Tussle is nice this time of year.

#35 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

I shit you not, I'm pretty good with i.d'ng much of the animal kingdom's species.....but every three f'ng daze I see a new bug of some sort. Most of them escapees from Jurassic Park. The nastiest one this week us a thing that buzzes like a fly but looks like a mosquito. Bastard landed next to me....had to be 2-1/4" long at least. And it was carrying a fricken grass hopper as big as he was, just having it's way with it. Swear to gawd, I've seen hummingbirds smaller than this thing. Glad I brought those .22 snake shot rounds for the Rough Rider. Just hope I don't wound any and they turn on me......

#36 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Innovation, Web Development, Writing, etc.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

I shit you not, I'm pretty good with i.d'ng much of the animal kingdom's species.....but every three f'ng daze I see a new bug of some sort. Most of them escapees from Jurassic Park. The nastiest one this week us a thing that buzzes like a fly but looks like a mosquito. Bastard landed next to me....had to be 2-1/4" long at least. And it was carrying a fricken grass hopper as big as he was, just having it's way with it. Swear to gawd, I've seen hummingbirds smaller than this thing. Glad I brought those .22 snake shot rounds for the Rough Rider. Just hope I don't wound any and they turn on me......

That place ain't fit for man nor beast. Now you know why everyone went to Kali.

#37 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

It's not the ones you can see. It's the no see ums. That I hate. Fucking bites show up days later. And yes the fuckers are called NOSEEUMS.

#38 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

It's not the ones you can see. It's the no see ums. That I hate. Fucking bites show up days later. And yes the fuckers are called NOSEEUMS.

Yup, we got 'em from southern Baja all the way down to Equador. Some call the 'bobos', but make no mistake, they're honest-2-gawd no-seums. We cut limes in half over there and rub it on our skin about an hour before sunset. It wirks for me but not for everyone else, Little bastards are viracious and daring. Shit, we've even been nailed by them sitting on our boards two hundred feet off the beach. Lotta cruisers and rv'ers use pantyhose stretched over their ports and windiws with good success. The only problem with that is us that'll kill just about any airflow coming in your boat or camper, and if you don't have any fans inside when it's pushing 86 degrees, there's a good chance that the bobos will outlive you....

#39 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

I remember travelling back to FL for a field audit. An inspector pulled back an in-ground box lid and I saw hundreds of these huge bugs.

"What the hell are those?" I asked.

"Ants." he replied.

"Ants? Those are big enough to be fucking mice."

Drove back to the hotel in beautiful sunny weather. Halfway there it was raining so hard I could not see where I was going. 15 minutes later I arrived at the hotel in sunny weather. That night there was a storm so bad I thought we were under mortar attack. I swear lightening was hitting the windowsill.

I'll take Cali any day. The weather's nice, the bugs are bug sized. Granted, at any second the ground may shake burying you in building rubble, but I'll still take it over a place where the insects wear wingtip shoes.

Ben

#40 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

I remember travelling back to FL for a field audit. An inspector pulled back an in-ground box lid and I saw hundreds of these huge bugs.

"Ants." he replied.

Drove back to the hotel in beautiful sunny weather. Halfway there it was raining so hard I could not see where I was going. 15 minutes later I arrived at the hotel in sunny weather. That night there was a storm so bad I thought we were under mortar attack. I swear lightening was hitting the windowsill.

I'll take Cali any day. The weather's nice, the bugs are bug sized. Granted, at any second the ground may shake burying you in building rubble, but I'll still take it over a place where the insects wear wingtip shoes.

Ben

:lol: ......

#41 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

"Ants." he replied.

Ben

I took you for a Michigan man, where the trees are just the right height.

#42 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

"Ants." he replied.

Ben

I took you for a Michigan man, where the trees are just the right height.

Orignally from Chicago, which is close to MI. So I've been there, done that. And that's why I'm here.

One of the most significant differences between California and Michigan: In CA, if my car breaks down in January, in an area with no cell coverage, I won't die during the night from exposure. During the Winter in CA, a car is a car. During the Winter in MI, a car is a live sustaining spacecraft.

On the upside, you have less Liberals there. And less Mexicans.

Ben

#43 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

Any Tallahassee guys know if Posey's is still around? I think it was in Crawfordville. Great place.

#44 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Jfc.....

Duh, He hid the amount of money from the court and had another passport. That's why he is back in the can and it had zero to do with Trayvon Martins parents.

We agree. He lied and deserves whatever the judge tossed at him. It has zero to do with Martin's parents.

In this particular situation, he clearly violated the law and must pay the piper.

#45 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

He should just "stand his ground" and shoot the judge.

Disclaimer: Starting third martini.

#46 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

He should just "stand his ground" and shoot the judge.

Disclaimer: Starting third martini.

I gave up Mt Gay and tonics a few years back for Budweiser and have enjoyed life much betterer [sic].

EDIT - Back in my rum days, "Shooting the Judge" had a different meaning for me that involved some hand cream and goggles.

#47 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

why does it matter where the money comes from?

#48 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Central Florida is short about 5" of rain this year. This week has been good but they're still in deficit territory.

Toodles all.

you finally made it?

#49 Battlecheese

Battlecheese

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, music, physics.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

why does it matter where the money comes from?

It doesn't.

#50 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Any Tallahassee guys know if Posey's is still around? I think it was in Crawfordville. Great place.

Posey's in Panacea and still serves oysters and cold beer.

#51 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Posey's in Panacea and still serves oysters and cold beer.

There was a place we would frequent on the way back to Tally from Shell Point, actually not quite on the way, out to the west a bit, that had absolutely amazing prime rib. We had a bunch of folks up from Lauderdale for a regatta, and went in there on a Sunday evening, at which point they told us they couldn't serve beer, but we could bring out own into the bar. We marched to the Suburban and walked through the door with a giant cooler...and you would have thought EF Hutton himself was about to speak. Good times. Great grub.

Rick needs to try some oysters.

#52 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Toodles all.

you finally made it?

yea it took me a while. Better late than never.

#53 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,316 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

2.5 inches here yesterday, and we were on the edge of the really heavy stuff.

I shit you not, I'm pretty good with i.d'ng much of the animal kingdom's species.....but every three f'ng daze I see a new bug of some sort. Most of them escapees from Jurassic Park. ...

I still see new ones pretty regularly, but the pace does slow down over time.

#54 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

2.5 inches here yesterday, and we were on the edge of the really heavy stuff.

I shit you not, I'm pretty good with i.d'ng much of the animal kingdom's species.....but every three f'ng daze I see a new bug of some sort. Most of them escapees from Jurassic Park. ...

I still see new ones pretty regularly, but the pace does slow down over time.

Don't kill them though. Some of them eat the other bugs.

Posted Image

#55 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,687 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

No, what's ironically stupid is that Angela 'The Witch Hunter' Corey and her team of morons didn't find out about Z's Pay Pal fundraiser before the bail hearing. But thousands of gun owners and myself on a dozen forums knew he had one over six weeks ago.

Wasn't to fuking difficult to find that one, Angela, had you opened up your fuking lap top and typed in about sixteen letters....

Hmm...sounds like he was asked to do a "Financial Disclosure" WRT the bail setting.

He lied.

Is it her responsibility to discover if he lied? Really?

#56 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

Hmm...sounds like he was asked to do a "Financial Disclosure" WRT the bail setting.

He lied.

Is it her responsibility to discover if he lied? Really?

When was the last time he checked the paypal account prior to filling in the financial disclosure?

#57 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I hope you drown in a torrent of rain. We don't need you tourist types invading our fair state.

For someone alleged opposal to the death penalty, you sure seem to be either threatening or wishing death on a lot of people lately!

Gawd you're fukin Troll!

#58 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Its shotgun time Rick, nothing better for pest control issues, includin' Gators

#59 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

Wuh-woe, Mrs. Z's in deep shitsky....

http://articles.orla...sted-20120612_1

#60 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Wuh-woe, Mrs. Z's in deep shitsky....

http://articles.orla...sted-20120612_1

link

#61 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Wow deeply troubling - the entire Zimmerman clan seem to be a bunch of low character louts. GZ will be looking a a long long time behind bars

#62 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

I gotta agree with Lizard Boy----turns out she transfered $74k of the PayPal money into her own account.

Buh-bye....

#63 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I gotta agree with Lizard Boy----turns out she transfered $74k of the PayPal money into her own account.

Buh-bye....

If that is true, then she would be one asshole who will not be getting away.

#64 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

Buh-bye....

If that is true, then she would be one asshole who will not be getting away.

Doesn't look good at all....

#65 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

not the brightest bulb on the tree.

#66 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

<opinion> He is not in a good spot. His defense is one that requires a bit of credibility. "Yeah I did it but I was scared shitless that he was gonna kill me, you GOTTA believe me!" So his veracity is going to be very much at issue during the trial. This is one instance in which he has demonstrated himself to have the trustworthiness of Happy Jack. You can bet that the prosecutors will dig for other examples. Now he has to have the same Judge that he just tried to hoodwink decide his Stand Your Ground hearing. Not a very tenable position in which to find oneself. He better hope his attorney is a wheeler-dealer. <opinion/>

#67 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

tms will be along to blame this on TM is short order

#68 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,180 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

<opinion> He is not in a good spot. His defense is one that requires a bit of credibility. "Yeah I did it but I was scared shitless that he was gonna kill me, you GOTTA believe me!" So his veracity is going to be very much at issue during the trial. This is one instance in which he has demonstrated himself to have the trustworthiness of Happy Jack. You can bet that the prosecutors will dig for other examples. Now he has to have the same Judge that he just tried to hoodwink decide his Stand Your Ground hearing. Not a very tenable position in which to find oneself. He better hope his attorney is a wheeler-dealer. <opinion/>

Think he still has a shot at getting bail? I hope he does, because I don't think the guy would run or hurt anybody.

#69 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

tms will be along to blame this on TM is short order

Huh? If his wife was hiding cash from the court she should pay the piper.

This has Zero to do with what happened the night of the shooting.

#70 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

He was part of the deceit goes to his credibility which is now zero say goodbye to a dismissal on syg law say hello to murder 2.

#71 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Ooopsies, jail phone recordings of them talking in code regarding the P/Pal moola may be coming out soon.

This case just grew another set of legs....

#72 wabbiteer

wabbiteer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,351 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

TMSAIL will be along shortly to explain how they did nothing wrong.

#73 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm not an attorney, but I don't think his lying about the money would be relevent or admissible to his murder trial.

Wait a min, aren't YOU an attorney? Educate me.

Oh... And put it on my tab.

Ben

#74 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

TMSAIL will be along shortly to explain how they did nothing wrong.

"Just image if Trayton's girlfriend had lied to a judge about money, and just imagine the outcry if she had been charged with perjury."

I never realized how many double standards people hold until members of this forum had suggested I imagine them.

Ben

#75 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Ooopsies, jail phone recordings of them talking in code regarding the P/Pal moola may be coming out soon.

This case just grew another set of legs....

They shoulda learned from Nixon - it's always the coverup that gets you in trouble...

#76 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Totally admissible and very relevant

#77 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

It won't be admissable. But that doesn't matter---by midnight tonite 90% of America will know about it....

#78 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

Minor edit would only be admissible if GZ takes the stand which I'm pretty sure he'll have to to give his version of the truth..

#79 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm not an attorney, but I don't think his lying about the money would be relevent or admissible to his murder trial.

Ben

Character might become relevant. First, the judge they fooled into low bond is the one who has to decide the SYG motion. He might remember the bond shenanigans. The jury may hear character evidence if Zim raises it.

#80 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

Gun nutterz need to choose their heroes more wisely. It just makes them look stupid.

#81 Me too

Me too

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Prosecutors going nuts on this case!

#82 another 505 sailor

another 505 sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Gun nutterz need to choose their heroes more wisely. It just makes them look stupid.

Nah, it helps identify the nutters, like the birthers.

And they'll always have Joe Horn.

#83 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Minor edit would only be admissible if GZ takes the stand which I'm pretty sure he'll have to to give his version of the truth..

Wrong. None of the money crap is admissible. It would have to be another set of charges unless the prosecution (already on very thin ice) tried to say his motive for shooting was for financial gain from PayPal donations he expected after the fact, which would be laughable.

#84 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Wrong. None of the money crap is admissible. It would have to be another set of charges unless the prosecution (already on very thin ice) tried to say his motive for shooting was for financial gain from PayPal donations he expected after the fact, which would be laughable.

Correct, the money shit has nothing to do with Zimmerman killing an unarmed teenager. It has everything to do with his honesty. I think that is in jeopardy now. Considering his case of killing an unarmed kid was based only on his honesty.

#85 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

you are complete;y clueless this will be an issue in the trial if he testifies

#86 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

I just heard a former prosecutor say on the radio that the potential impact is huge. Zimmerman loses his wife as a witness, the defense will not allow her to testify now as a character witness. Zimmerman has no option, he has to testify because he is the only other witness. The first thing the prosecution will ask him "Mr Zimmerman please tell the jury how you came to lie to this trial judge the impact is huge.

#87 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

No, BG. It will not. These are two very separate charges. If he killed a prison guard after his arraignment it would have fuck all to do with the case being tried.

#88 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

I just heard a former prosecutor say on the radio that the potential impact is huge. Zimmerman loses his wife as a witness, the defense will not allow her to testify now as a character witness. Zimmerman has no option, he has to testify because he is the only other witness. The first thing the prosecution will ask him "Mr Zimmerman please tell the jury how you came to lie to this trial judge the impact is huge.

Wrong. He doesn't have to testify and he won't testify. The prosecutor hasn't got enough evidence to convict. Based on Florida law, he will walk.

#89 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

he will walk into a florida jail for 15 years (8 with good behaviour)

based on florida law

#90 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Wrong. He doesn't have to testify and he won't testify. The prosecutor hasn't got enough evidence to convict. Based on Florida law, he will walk.

Yes he does have to testify or he doesn't have a case.

#91 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Nope. $20.00 says after all this is over....Z-Boi walks out of court a free (yet very tarnished) man.....

#92 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,903 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

I do not think he will testify.

#93 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

neither do I - at this point he's playing for manslaughter. He's looking at murder 2 if he testifies acoording to a former ADA I know

#94 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,348 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

I do not think he will testify.

Ding ding ding. He doesn't have to say or prove shit.....little Miss Whatsername does.

And she can't......

#95 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,935 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

Ben

Character might become relevant. First, the judge they fooled into low bond is the one who has to decide the SYG motion. He might remember the bond shenanigans. The jury may hear character evidence if Zim raises it.

So it's not admissible against Zimmerman the defendent, but IS admissible against Zimmerman the witness?

This makes sense to me now.

What do I owe you?

Ben

#96 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Yes he does have to testify or he doesn't have a case.

Wrong. In fact, I think it would have been highly unlikely that the defense would have had Zimmerman's wife take the stand.

The prosecution doesn't have a case. In jurisprudence, it is not the responsibility of the defendant to "have a case". It is the responsibility of the prosecutor, and the prosecutor's case is politically motivated bull shit. I wouldn't be surprised if after his acquittal, he sued for damages and won.

#97 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha

We need TMS to join in with your lunacy

#98 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

Ben

So it's not admissible against Zimmerman the defendent, but IS admissible against Zimmerman the witness?

This makes sense to me now.

What do I owe you?

Ben

Wouldn't character evidence be limited to the point of the alleged crime?

What do I owe you?

#99 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

Saying the prosecution doesn't have a case when they have not revealed all of the evidence is a little presumptuous don't you think? In jurisprudence if you don't present a case and allow the prosecution to steamroll you with no offer of evidence doesn't seem smart to me. But I'm not a criminal defense lawyer all I can do is speculate along with the rest of you. I would like to see the number of cases won by a defense when they offer no argument on their behalf except to discredit the prosecution's presentation. That doesn't seem like a winning formula to me

#100 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

Zimm can't testify after this. His goose is cooked. Done. Finished.
His only defense was to take the stand and explain his case. Since his honesty and credibility is shot, he's toast.
You gun nutterz have a real problem. SYG is in real jeopardy. Not much fun to have a gun if you can't use it to kill perps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users