11 replies to this topic

#1 wick

wick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

Today at 3:30. Upbound in lock 1 at St. Catherines. Locking through with a small Pearson or Grampian, and a BIG cruiser. See they ditched the outboard from the Erie Canal, got the rig back up, so must have the keel all bolted back on. If I had been an hour or 2 earlier I might have seen them approaching on Lake O. down below Port Weller. Don't know if they sailed or motored over.

Attached Files

#2 tigerregis

tigerregis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Sorry, please don't take this the wrong way, but it is St.Catharines with two A's. Lock 7 or which?

#3 wick

wick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

You are right on the spelling. Anything else?
Like I said, Lock 1, at the end of Eastchester in St. CathArines

#4 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Looks like a delivery sized main on the boom there.

#5 Thisbe_8Can9

Thisbe_8Can9

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all forms of SAILING not BOATING. Boating is for people who have engines in their boats and no sails. Current passion is racing vintage, wooden metre boats on Lake Ontario.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Front page of SA says "as she transited the Welland Canal on her way into Lake Ontario to ready for the Chicago-Mackinac race." I have live in Toronto and sailed Lake Ontario for over 45 years and I do not believe the start of this great race is on Lake Ontario. From the posts above it appears that she is transiting the Welland Canal FROM Lake Ontario to Lake Erie and up to Lake Huron and then down Lake Michigan to Chigago. Just wanted to clear this up.

BTW...What's she rate? Logical question as she is racing other boats on handicap?

#6 cap10ed

cap10ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:delete account

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Your correct on your geography. We are dealing with some Americans that haven't seen the Great Lakes kinda of like some of our western politicians that haven't figured which way the Niagara river flows. For un initiated they are headed up bound in the canal FROM Lake Ontario TO Lake Erie then UP the Detroit River Across Lake St Clair then UP the St Clair River then UP Lake Huron ACROSS the Straits of Mackinaw then DOWN Lake Michigan, that being said no wonder SAILORS HIT PARKED ISLANDS IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR WATERWAYS.

Front page of SA says "as she transited the Welland Canal on her way into Lake Ontario to ready for the Chicago-Mackinac race." I have live in Toronto and sailed Lake Ontario for over 45 years and I do not believe the start of this great race is on Lake Ontario. From the posts above it appears that she is transiting the Welland Canal FROM Lake Ontario to Lake Erie and up to Lake Huron and then down Lake Michigan to Chigago. Just wanted to clear this up.

BTW...What's she rate? Logical question as she is racing other boats on handicap?

#7 CrushDigital

CrushDigital

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

She rated 573.4 under ORR6 when they did NPT-BDA in '10. The rest of the ratings are on the scratch sheet. No IRC rating hat I could find.

#8 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Long way to go for a boat race - would be a great cruise though

#9 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

She rated 573.4 under ORR6 when they did NPT-BDA in '10. The rest of the ratings are on the scratch sheet. No IRC rating hat I could find.

As of 6/11/11 she rated 1.652 under IRC.

Linky: http://yachtscoring....eet.cfm?eID=463

#10 Ballast Technician

Ballast Technician

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Wrong Puma VOR boat: That was Mar Mostro.

#11 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wrong Puma VOR boat: That was Mar Mostro.

Whoops you're right. They all blur together.

#12 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

She was supposed to race the Bayview Mac as well, before racing Chi Mac, but it says she has withdrawn before the race start. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users