• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts
  • Interests:Various women, various boats, and various states of consciousness.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

#2 grabbler

grabbler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Drinking beer.
    Mowing.
    Drinking beer while mowing.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Dead heat......http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=136012 :lol:

#3 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

If you ask me, Gonzales got off light.....

#4 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Dead heat......http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=136012 :lol:

Yeah, that cracked me up also. Apparently great minds and all that...

#5 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

You got that shit right Rick. Had it been my daughter, I would have beat him death, but over a weeks time.

#6 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

You got that shit right Rick. Had it been my daughter, I would have beat him death, but over a weeks time.

You're a hundred and thirty miles east of Houston, in BFE Tex-Ass, where there's been only six murders in eight years. And you have a ranch and a barn. You could have Cathy Bates'd that fuker on your property for a year before you'd finally call in your hog clean-up crew to get rid of the evidence.

You can't fix child molestors. You can only lock 'em away forever....or kill them. On this subject, there's no middle ground in my mind....

#7 viperette

viperette

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Good ole prairie justice

#8 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Good ole prairie justice

Thankfully there's one less little louse on that prairie....

#9 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

You're a hundred and thirty miles east of Houston, in BFE Tex-Ass, where there's been only six murders in eight years. And you have a ranch and a barn. You could have Cathy Bates'd that fuker on your property for a year before you'd finally call in your hog clean-up crew to get rid of the evidence.

You can't fix child molestors. You can only lock 'em away forever....or kill them. On this subject, there's no middle ground in my mind....

Absofuckinglutely.

#10 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Ummm....130 miles East of Houston is BFE Gulf of Mexico

Otherwise, no quibbles about anything in your post.

#11 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

That and the fact that Gonzalez is west of Houston.

#12 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

He's better off dead than in Huntsville Penitentiary.

Btw, I'm good with dad's handling of the situation also.

The ole perv obviously wasn't too bright. Country boys in Texas tend to be pretty big boys in the strong as a bull sort of way. They don't tend to take well to folks messing with their daughters, young or older.

#13 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

The news story is incomplete: How do the investigators know that the guy was, in fact, trying to molest the rancher's daughter, and if "we took his word for it," what's to stop someone from inviting a business competitor out to the ranch, clubbing him to death, and using the "he was trying to rape my daughter" excuse?

With that said, I would have done the same thing, without hesitation, to anyone bothering my kids.

#14 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Wouldn't anyone want to know more details of what was allegedly going on, before giving the summary executioner a pass? "What if's" and all that... I mean, if I found some guy's hand up my 4-y/o daughter's dress, then pass me a vat of acid! But what exactly was it in this case? Did it really qualify?

Damn sure if'n he'a used a gun, (some) people would be demanding such details.

Edit - didn't realize PE was posing the same question just then...

#15 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

The news story is incomplete: How do the investigators know that the guy was, in fact, trying to molest the rancher's daughter, and if "we took his word for it," what's to stop someone from inviting a business competitor out to the ranch, clubbing him to death, and using the "he was trying to rape my daughter" excuse?

With that said, I would have done the same thing, without hesitation, to anyone bothering my kids.

You ain't ever been to Lavaca County, Texas, have you? The rancher is probably well known, with a good reputation, whose word is the equivalent of gold. The locals are likely outraged that something like this could happen to his little girl, and wouldn't stand for any other outcome. There's no reason to try him on any charge as the outcome of that is already known and it would just be a waste of money.

There was probably some medical evidence that is not being released to protect the child.

#16 Big Stuff

Big Stuff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Bring out the gimp....

#17 Delta Blues

Delta Blues

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Too bad it wasn't Sandusky he beat.

#18 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Did either of you guys read the article? The dead dude was named Gonzalez, and this happened on a ranch east of Houston;

The ranch near Shiner is about 130 miles east of Houston. Killings are rare in rural Lavaca County: Harmon said his office has only investigated six since in his eight years as sheriff.

#19 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

Did either of you guys read the article? The dead dude was named Gonzalez, and this happened on a ranch east of Houston;

The ranch near Shiner is about 130 miles east of Houston. Killings are rare in rural Lavaca County: Harmon said his office has only investigated six since in his eight years as sheriff.

You in the hooch again?

"Harmon said the victim was a 47-year-old man from Gonazles"

The article is wrong about Shiner being east of Houston. They also spelled Gonzales wrong.

Lavaca County lies south of I10 between Houston and San Antonio. The county population is about 20,000 with a density of 20 people per square mile. The largest city has about 2500 residents. Shiner is about 20-30 miles east of Gonzales and north of Yoakum.

It's not a very forgiving place if "You ain't from 'round here, are you?"

By the way, if you look at a map you'll see there aren't any ranches east of Houston. Some wet farmland maybe, but at least you won't be in the middle of the Gulf. More like closer to Beaumont.

#20 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Whatever. Anyways just heard that the case is actually gonna go to a Grand Jury.

Hmmmm.....

#21 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Here's an article from San Antonio:

SHINER, Texas -

A 23-year-old Lavaca County father used his bare hands to kill a 47-year-old Gonzales man who allegedly tried to sexually assault his 4-year-old daughter.

Lavaca County Sheriff Mica Harmon said the man took the girl into a brushy area outside Shiner Saturday afternoon and allegedly tried to molest her.

When the girl's father found out about the alleged incident, he punched the man several times in the head, Harmon said. The man died at the scene.

The girl was taken to a hospital and was released to her family.

Harmon said that no charges have been filed against the father.

"He was in defense of a third person, which would be his daughter," Harmon said. "He was just merely defending his daughter."

Harmon said that many residents have contacted him and told him they are in support of the father.

"They feel like the father was justified in protecting the daughter," Harmon said.

Michael James Veit, who lives near where the incident happened, said he would have taken the same action.

"I would do the same, probably worse, if somebody would have done that to my kid," Veit said.

Linky

Do you really think a Lavaca County grand jury is going to do anything more than rubber stamp "No Bill" on its paperwork?

Sheriff Micah Harmon -

Posted Image

#22 viperette

viperette

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

SHINER, Texas -

A 23-year-old Lavaca County father used his bare hands to kill a 47-year-old Gonzales man who allegedly tried to sexually assault his 4-year-old daughter.

Lavaca County Sheriff Mica Harmon said the man took the girl into a brushy area outside Shiner Saturday afternoon and allegedly tried to molest her.

When the girl's father found out about the alleged incident, he punched the man several times in the head, Harmon said. The man died at the scene.

"He was in defense of a third person, which would be his daughter," Harmon said. "He was just merely defending his daughter."

Harmon said that many residents have contacted him and told him they are in support of the father.

"They feel like the father was justified in protecting the daughter," Harmon said.

Michael James Veit, who lives near where the incident happened, said he would have taken the same action.

"I would do the same, probably worse, if somebody would have done that to my kid," Veit said.

Linky

Do you really think a Lavaca County grand jury is going to do anything more than rubber stamp "No Bill" on its paperwork?

Sheriff Micah Harmon -

Posted Image

Exactly, Harmon's a good ole boy, and most the members of the grand jury will be too. It's a waste of time, money and resources to try the father.

#23 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

SHINER, Texas -

Linky

Sheriff Micah Harmon -

Posted Image

Exactly, Harmon's a good ole boy, and most all of the members of the grand jury will be too or will be wives of good ole boys. It's a waste of time, money and resources to try the father.

Fixed.

#24 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Local Radio report said that the 23 year old feller was pretty contrite about having killed the guy. I'm pretty sure in the rush of emotion he probably hit that guy harder than he'd ever hit anybody in his whole life. And I trust the cops to USUALLY know the difference between someone who is truly upset about just having killed a guy and someone just trying to make sure he doesn't get charged.

#25 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,052 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Any body seen Gator?

#26 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Any body seen Gator?

Let him go protest in Lavaca.

Wouldn't be surprised if he then turned up in Pecos County with no memory of what happened.

#27 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Any body seen Gator?

Wouldn't be surprised if he then turned up in Pecos County with no memory of what happened.

And a used condom hanging out of his ass. Wait, he might actually want to remmember that part.

#28 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Any body seen Gator?

And a used condom hanging out of his ass. Wait, he might actually want to remmember that part.

No self-respecting Texan would do that to him. He might just wake up spooning a goat, however.

#29 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

Is this murderer eligible for the death penalty?

#30 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Is this murderer eligible for the death penalty?

No, just a ticker tape parade and a bronze statue on Main Street....

#31 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

But wait he murdered someone shouldn't he die? Or does he get a pass cuss he's white rich and clings to his guns and religion?

S

#32 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

But wait he murdered someone shouldn't he die? Or does he get a pass cuss he's white rich and clings to his guns and religion?

S

Who said he is rich? And, he didn't use a gun.

Probably a Southern Baptist or Church of Christ member though.

Besides, he acted in defense of one who was unable to act for herself.

Get back to us when you have a 4 year old daughter.

#33 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

He looks like the gun nutter type...

#34 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Aren't you 'sposed to be polishing your Glock right now, and making your mom some tomato soup?....

#35 bmiller

bmiller

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Like that will happen

#36 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

He looks like the gun nutter type...

You must be looking at the Sheriff's picture.

Like that will happen

My point exactly.

#37 RedTuna

RedTuna

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

SHINER, Texas -

Linky

Sheriff Micah Harmon -

Posted Image

Exactly, Harmon's a good ole boy, and most all of the members of the grand jury will be too or will be wives of good ole boys. It's a waste of time, money and resources to try the father.

Fixed.

Have you ever been in the area? Almost half the population, más o menos, are Hispanic. What if the dad turns out to be Hispanic, too, like the alleged child rapist? Hispanics own ranches around here, you know. They even vote and serve on juries. And are LEOs. Hard to believe in this day and age, I know. So if the facts bear out the dad's story, will you think differently of the good o' boys (be they Anglo, Hispanic or Czech) in the DA's office or on the grand/petit jury if/when they exonerate him?

I heard the Texas Rangers are on the case as well, most likely to prevent the county from being Trayvon'd.

#38 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

SHINER, Texas -

Linky

Sheriff Micah Harmon -

Posted Image

Fixed.

Have you ever been in the area? Almost half the population, más o menos, are Hispanic. What if the dad turns out to be Hispanic, too, like the alleged child rapist? Hispanics own ranches around here, you know. They even vote and serve on juries. And are LEOs. Hard to believe in this day and age, I know. So if the facts bear out the dad's story, will you think differently of the good o' boys (be they Anglo, Hispanic or Czech) in the DA's office or on the grand/petit jury if/when they exonerate him?

I heard the Texas Rangers are on the case as well, most likely to prevent the county from being Trayvon'd.

Yes, I have been in the area.

#39 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

S

I'm just curious, but got any kids? I understand that might be awkward living in mom's basement and all, but still wondering.

It's a perfectly natural instinct to protect your young. It's evident through most every living critter on the planet. The fact that you'd prefer a child molester does a few years in prison, then hits the streets again scares the hell out of me.

#40 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

S

I'm just curious, but got any kids? I understand that might be awkward living in mom's basement and all, but still wondering.

It's a perfectly natural instinct to protect your young. It's evident through most every living critter on the planet. The fact that you'd prefer a child molester does a few years in prison, then hits the streets again scares the hell out of me.

Gaytor.....Kids? Seriously? He's never been close to a vagina, even in a fully nude strip club.

#41 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

S

Besides, he acted in defense of one who was unable to act for herself.

Where are people getting this information? Other than, of course, the statements of the guy who did the killing.

#42 viperette

viperette

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

SHINER, Texas -

Linky

Sheriff Micah Harmon -

Posted Image

Fixed.

Yes, I have been in the area.

Report says Shiner, Texas, here are the demographics:

Posted Image

• White alone - 1,685 (81.4%)
  • Black alone - 193 (9.3%)
  • Hispanic - 156 (7.5%)
  • Two or more races - 22 (1.1%)
  • Asian alone - 8 (0.4%)
  • American Indian alone - 4 (0.2%)
  • Other race alone - 1 (0.05%)

Read more: http://www.city-data...l#ixzz1xhHB64Xo

I don't think anyone said there was anything wrong about being white, Hispanic, etc. Assume he is Hispanic, and assume like you said the jury is Hispanic as well, they are more likely to have sympathy for him and his daughter. I think that was the point, at least it was for me.

#43 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Agreed. My experience has been that in rural parts of Texas, Hispanics, particularly those who are productive members of the community, generally get as much respect as Caucasians. From the information readily available from the online articles I've read so far, there is nothing to suggest that this is a race or national origin issue. Rather, it more reflects on the culture small towns in Texas that are not part of the larger metropolitan areas.

#44 viperette

viperette

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Definitely, it's a different mentality in rural areas than urban cities. I grew up in the smallest county in Texas and lived in Dallas for a while, now living in LA. It's very different and not in a bad way either.

#45 RedTuna

RedTuna

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Looks like I misread your intent; my apologies. As far as what I meant by "area," I meant in the surrounding Golden Crescent area.

A bit more info in this video that came out today. Dad found the poor little girl half-naked. Still looks like it might go to a grand jury.

http://www.wishtv.co...ds-fate_4206805

#46 viperette

viperette

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

1339627758[/url]' post='3749773']
Looks like I misread your intent; my apologies. As far as what I meant by "area," I meant in the surrounding Golden Crescent area.

A bit more info in this video that came out today. Dad found the poor little girl half-naked. Still looks like it might go to a grand jury.

http://www.wishtv.co...ds-fate_4206805

No worries. This whole thing makes me sick, and it happens everyday....

#47 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Strange I clicked on this thread.... I just stopped at a Whataburger in Port Lavaca 20 minutes ago chasing the GT300 fleet up the coast.

#48 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Strange I clicked on this thread.... I just stopped at a Whataburger in Port Lavaca 20 minutes ago chasing the GT300 fleet up the coast.

Not to be confused with Lavaca County.

You're in Calhoun County. Head up 87 to Victoria. Then north on 77 to 111 and go west to Yoakum, then head north on 95 to Shiner and you're their. It's about an hour and half drive.

Just so happens there is a little known brewery that is worth seeing.

#49 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Not to be confused with Lavaca County.

You're in Calhoun County. Head up 87 to Victoria. Then north on 77 to 111 and go west to Yoakum, then head north on 95 to Shiner and you're their. It's about an hour and half drive.

Just so happens there is a little known brewery that is worth seeing.

One that makes shitty beer. Yuck....

#50 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Some times Texas justice works well.

Dad charged with homicide

http://www.foxnews.c...ruled-homicide/

#51 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19/texas-beating-death-girl-alleged-molester-is-ruled-homicide/

Want to make a small wager on if it gets past the GJ?

#52 oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19/texas-beating-death-girl-alleged-molester-is-ruled-homicide/

How does this work? Has the father actually been charged with homicide, which is then reviewed by a GJ?

Or is it the GJ's decision to bring charges upon review of the initial evidence?

#53 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

No it's Texas. But at least charges were brought. I don't want to live in a society where some one can be beaten to death with no repercussions - regardless of the reason. The asshole who molested the kid should be in jail possibly for life. But he should also be alive....

#54 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

The beating death of a Texas man who was allegedly sexually assaulting a 5-year-girl will be treated as a homicide investigation, the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The girl’s father, 23, whose name has not been released, says he caught Jesus Mora Flores, 48, trying to molest his daughter on his ranch earlier this month. After hearing the girl scream, the father found her and removed Flores from on top of his child, the statement said. He proceeded to inflict several blows to Flores’ head and neck area, the statement said.

"At this time, I believe the homicide investigation should be sent to the grand jury," Heather McMinn, the Lavaca County District Attorney, said in the statement. She went on to say the sheriff was correct not to arrest the father at the time of the incident, but "all evidence surrounding this homicide will be presented to the grand jury as soon as possible."

Sheriff Micah Harmon, according to the statement, believes the girl’s father is remorseful, and did not intend to kill Flores. He called the case "traumatizing" for the girl and her entire family.
"He was just protecting his daughter and doing what he thought he had to do to protect his daughter," Harmon said.

The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who visited the ranch to help care for some horses, according to Harmon, adding he did not know how long the men may have known each other prior to the alleged incident.

A witness told law enforcement that Flores was seen forcibly carrying the girl to a secluded area, the statement said. When the girl’s dad found out, he began calling her name, and when he heard her screams, he moved in.

When emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene, Flores’ pants and underwear were down, and his genitals were exposed, the statement said. All the witnesses' statements corroborated the father’s story, the release said.

If those are the facts as shown by the testimony, then it is just procedural and a no bill will be quickly rendered. If nothing else, all you need is a few dads with daughters on the grand jury.

#55 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

How does this work? Has the father actually been charged with homicide, which is then reviewed by a GJ?

Or is it the GJ's decision to bring charges upon review of the initial evidence?

In this state, the grand jury considers evidence presented by the district attorney to determine whether there is probable cause to issue an indictment for a felony charge. If the indictment is issued, then a warrant is issued for the arrest of the alleged perp. The indictment is the charging instrument.

A misdemeanor charge can be brought by the district attorney without seeking an indictment from a grand jury.

#56 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Gator's just pissed 'cuz his favorite political party is now short one member.....

#57 oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

In this state, the grand jury considers evidence presented by the district attorney to determine whether there is probable cause to issue an indictment for a felony charge. If the indictment is issued, then a warrant is issued for the arrest of the alleged perp. The indictment is the charging instrument.

A misdemeanor charge can be brought by the district attorney without seeking an indictment from a grand jury.

Thank you.

If I read this correctly, charges are not brought until the GJ decides.

And since the GJ has not decided yet, charges have not (yet) been brought, yes?

Sooooo, that means Gaytor is wrong, again... correct?

#58 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Thank you.

I'm sure you're shocked.

#59 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Thank you.

Yessiree, Goat.

#60 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

One more thing. A district attorney can present the case to a grand jury and not ask for an indictment, in which case a no bill would likely be issued. If a DA really wants an indictment they typically get one. If the DA doesn't care or doesn't particularly want an indictment, there are ways to present the case so that the DA can blame the outcome on the grand jury. All grand jury proceedings are secret and sealed, so no one really knows what took place except those in the room, and they're not supposed to talk about it (it's kind of like Vegas).

In that way, Texas is not really any different than anyplace else.

#61 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,519 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

No it's Texas. But at least charges were brought. I don't want to live in a society where some one can be beaten to death with no repercussions - regardless of the reason. The asshole who molested the kid should be in jail possibly for life. But he should also be alive....

I wonder how loudly you'd be tootin' that horn if it was YOUR daughter that had been attacked.

#62 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

I wonder how loudly you'd be tootin' that horn if it was YOUR daughter that had been attacked.

It took him only 34 minutes being in college before Gator conceded to himself that fatherhood was something he'd only experience in his life with gerbils....

#63 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

Your reading comprehension still sucks. He hasn't been charged with anything. A grand jury is investigating the facts to determine if charges should be brought. This would be a pretty standard thing to do when one person kills another - the decision whether or not to charge with a crime is given to a grand jury, who decides that the evidence either does or doesn't support a charge of homicide.

At last we have a few snippets of evidence -- that there was a witness who saw the decedent dragging the girl somewhere, that her clothing had been removed, etc.

#64 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

That's not the way the rule of law is supposed to work.

I asked to be excused from jury duty on a trial for a child rapist (this was actual forcible rape of a 5 year old) because I was busy wondering if I was fast enough to get over the railing and get the guy's eyeballs out before the court officers could get to me, and I knew that line of thought would distract me from the testimony. I believe that even that guy (and he looked the part, too) deserved a fair and impartial trial.

#65 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Your reading comprehension still sucks. He hasn't been charged with anything. A grand jury is investigating the facts to determine if charges should be brought. This would be a pretty standard thing to do when one person kills another - the decision whether or not to charge with a crime is given to a grand jury, who decides that the evidence either does or doesn't support a charge of homicide.

yeah it seems some texas da's are smarter than those in fla...

#66 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,519 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

I asked to be excused from jury duty on a trial for a child rapist (this was actual forcible rape of a 5 year old) because I was busy wondering if I was fast enough to get over the railing and get the guy's eyeballs out before the court officers could get to me, and I knew that line of thought would distract me from the testimony. I believe that even that guy (and he looked the part, too) deserved a fair and impartial trial.

Point taken, PE - and I agree.

I am not advocating that everyone considers lethal force as anything other than the last option in dealing w/a situation, but, I *do* advocate that there are times when it's appropriate.

That said - once the immediate threat has been neutralized, our legal system's processes shouldn't be circumvented by emotion.

#67 Happy

Happy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Legally probably justifiable in defence of his baby daughter.
Morally, the only correct thing to do. A grown man trying to fuck a 4-year-old needs killing. I recall reading somewhere that until the 1930's in Texas, a valid murder defence was if several upstanding members of the community told the judge that "that man needed killing".

Edit: And to the gay reptile from Florida, in this case you are wronger than ever. Fuck off.

#68 oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

Thank you.

I'm sure you're shocked.

:lol:

There is nothing... nothing quite like well-played, delicious sarcasm...

#69 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,133 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Thank you.

I'm sure you're shocked.

Yes, shocked. I've never heard such a collective gasp of astonishment on the interwebs. Posted Image

Dad who killed daughter's 'molester' won't face charges

The Texas father who beat a man to death after he found him allegedly molesting his five-year-old daughter will not face any charges say authorities.

The Lavaca County grand jury has decided not to indict the 23-year-old in the death of Jesus Mora Flores, who died on June 9, reports Associated Press.

The attack happened on the family's ranch in a remote area nearby the town of Shiner. Authorities said a witness saw Mr Flores carry the child to a secluded area before the same witness then went to find the child's father.

The father then pulled Mr Flores off his daughter and landed several blows to the head and neck.

When emergency services arrived, they found the Mr Flores had his pants pulled down around his lifeless body and when the girl was examined at hospital, forensic evidence matched witness accounts to corroborate the father's story she was molested.

The father, who cannot be named to protect the identity of his daughter, was never arrested although the case was investigated as homicide.

Authorities have also released the dramatic tape of the 911 call the father made, in which he pleads for rescue services to send help before the man died.

The father can be heard begging for help for Mr Flores once his daughter is out of harm's way.

"Come on! This guy is going to die on me!," he is heard shouting. "I don't know what to do! "He's going to die. He's going to f------ die!"

At one point the father also says he is going to put the man in his car and drive him to hospital before the police finally arrive.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon told the Victorian Advocate: "He was very remorseful. I don't think it was his intent for the man to die."

V'Anne Huser, the father's attorney, insists neither the father nor the family will ever give interviews.

"He's a peaceable soul," Mr Huser said. "He had no intention to kill anybody that day."

Authorities are having trouble locating any of Mr Flores' family and believe he may be from out of country.

The local community, meanwhile, has been shocked by the incident. The nearby town of Shiner, 80 miles east of San Antonio, has only 2000 residents and the case is only the sixth homicide investigated in eight years.

My link

#70 bmiller

bmiller

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

The current MSN story has a picture of a little girl hiding her face, presumably the assualted girl.

Why the fuck would they do that? Who ever decided to run that photo should be fired pronto. Only an asshat would do that.

#71 Pointy End

Pointy End

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

That's MSN for you!!

#72 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Soooo... Rule of law or none, you admit that you as a stranger to the victim wanted to rip the guy apart.

Now close your eyes, remember back, and imagine the girl is yours. And you're at home, not in a courtroom.

I'm glad that a process exists to review and consider, but not at all upset with the outcome of that (gj) process.

#73 President Eisenhowler

President Eisenhowler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Soooo... Rule of law or none, you admit that you as a stranger to the victim wanted to rip the guy apart.

Now close your eyes, remember back, and imagine the girl is yours. And you're at home, not in a courtroom.

I'm glad that a process exists to review and consider, but not at all upset with the outcome of that (gj) process.

I agree on all counts. The fact that I am almost 100% sure that I would personally have smashed the perp's head repeatedly with a cement block until all the little squiggly bits stopped moving, does not mean that I believe that's the morally right thing to do.

#74 Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

In other Texas justice news :'Jesus Christ' arrested for aggravated robbery

#75 2high2tight

2high2tight

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • Interests:sailing, sailing porn, porn

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Jesus hates you.

#76 RedTuna

RedTuna

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Highway Patrol apprehended a child rapist on the run the other day. Gotta say I'm glad they nab them for simply failure to register. Justice will be served in the end.

Posted Image

http://www.dps.texas...ils.aspx?id=137

#77 pipsqueak

pipsqueak

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

i saw a segment on NG about this. (excerpt below)
the little girl went to do her little chore of feeding the chickens which they said she enjoys.
she was violently snatched and dragged into the nearby woods, suffering visible injuries from both the struggle and the assault.
this man must have been insane, drugged or planning to murder this little girl..no way he could have set her free. not when she was injured from the ground they said and also bruised and battered. his 'crime' could not have been very well planned, (to me shreiks impulsive/opportunistic preditor?) as the father heard his daughter's screams and came running.
i don't think this was going to be a 'catch and release' predation. the perp did not groom the child, was witnessed taking her into the woods and caught en delicto perverto.
i believe the father interupted not only a rape but a murder in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users