34 replies to this topic

#1 cheapshacht

cheapshacht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Calls and emails for service for a Evo mainsail go unanswered. What gives at the Annapolis and Easton lofts? Been calling for two months now -- nothing! I've decided to go back to North for future purchases. At least they return my calls and are happy to get my business. Hope that North will service my Evo sail.

disgusted.

#2 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

This should be good for about 20 pages...

#3 walterbshaffer

walterbshaffer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts
  • Interests:Formerly Member No. 9720

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

This should be good for about 20 pages...

Hah!

Fuel to the fire: maybe if you put a North badge on they will service it?

#4 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

Calls and emails for service for a Evo mainsail go unanswered. What gives at the Annapolis and Easton lofts? Been calling for two months now -- nothing! I've decided to go back to North for future purchases. At least they return my calls and are happy to get my business. Hope that North will service my Evo sail.

disgusted.

Are you saying that sailmakers (exc norths) don't answer their phones ?

i call bullshit

#5 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

disgusted.

..why not just tell us about your connection to North :)

#6 cheapshacht

cheapshacht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

disgusted.

..why not just tell us about your connection to North :)

Only connection to North -- have purchased a handful of sails from them in the past and have been pretty pleased. I'm also a big Quantum fan, too, so I'm no North apologist. Gave Evo my business last year since their pricing was right and their sail shapes were, well, pretty close to North's (<--- no surprise).

#7 dcbsheb

dcbsheb

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'll say it. Why would you ever go anywhere other than North for the best racing sails on the planet?

#8 notallthere

notallthere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Interests:any sport that starts with S

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'll say it. Why would you ever go anywhere other than North for the best racing sails on the planet?

You dont sail one design, do you?

#9 dcbsheb

dcbsheb

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Why, yes; I do. F'ing moron.

#10 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

That's the way! Here we go, here we go,here we goooooo...

#11 stranded

stranded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Interests:cruising, racing, inshore and offshore

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

I thought evo was a jeweller

#12 cosmicsedso

cosmicsedso

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:Boats and trees.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Thats not what Do Rag would like to call him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#13 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,572 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

I thought evo was an jeweller Aussie.

Fixed it.

#14 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,431 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

I called and emailed the Evo easton office to get a quote for a suit of sails for a small local one-designish boat and haven't heard a peep back from them yet.. was about a month ago..

#15 Headntac

Headntac

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Sailing in general.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Thats not what Do Rag would like to call him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Currently crossing the ocean to bermuda. NO email to Respond. OH Not that EVO....:lol:

#16 cheapshacht

cheapshacht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

15 minutes after I sent an email to North (on Father's Day and on a Sunday), they sent an email back saying "no problem, bring it in". Guess who I'm buying my two new headsails from this fall?

#17 Gorn FRANTIC!!

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Probably not Norths due to the following reasons?

Don't ever buy Norths. The sails will give everyone who sails on the boat cancer and more than likely projectile diarrhea to boot, the sails will also only last 5 minutes from when they're first hoisted and will spontaneously combust if left bagged downstairs out of sunlight and in low humidity. As if all that wasn't bad enough the loft will most likely steal your credit card info and use it to call phone sex lines and hire transvestite prostitutes, your sailmaker may also try and seduce your wife and any daughters you have as well. Or at least that's what reading 'informed opinions' here on SA has led me to believe

#18 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Probably not Norths due to the following reasons?

Don't ever buy Norths. The sails will give everyone who sails on the boat cancer and more than likely projectile diarrhea to boot, the sails will also only last 5 minutes from when they're first hoisted and will spontaneously combust if left bagged downstairs out of sunlight and in low humidity. As if all that wasn't bad enough the loft will most likely steal your credit card info and use it to call phone sex lines and hire transvestite prostitutes, your sailmaker may also try and seduce your wife and any daughters you have as well. Or at least that's what reading 'informed opinions' here on SA has led me to believe

How long have you been a sail maker?

#19 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

That's the way! Here we go, here we go,here we goooooo...

Didnt take long eh...

#20 Sailabout

Sailabout

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Interests:Engines

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Dont notice any Grand Prix boats using North any more..

#21 rule 54

rule 54

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Had similar experiences with MD loft. I switched to Q and servcie levels are above and beyond compared to what I had become accustomed to.

#22 Merrill Levi

Merrill Levi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

found the problem:

Posted Image

#23 notallthere

notallthere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Interests:any sport that starts with S

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Why, yes; I do. F'ing moron.

Oh, good, then you are aware that North does not necessarily build the fastest sails for ~every~ OD class!

And, I'm not sure what about my previous post got under your skin enough to insult me. Fuckin' Douchnozzle.

#24 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I have been using Evo sails for 3 or 4 years. I have no problem with the service and I get some ass kicking sails. You just have to deal with the right loft. Give John Fries a call at the Mystic loft, I am sure he will take care of you.860-536-4235

#25 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,431 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

for what it's worth, I just called the easton loft again a couple minutes ago and they picked right up. (410) 819-8886

#26 crash

crash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have been using Evo sails for 3 or 4 years. I have no problem with the service and I get some ass kicking sails. You just have to deal with the right loft. Give John Fries a call at the Mystic loft, I am sure he will take care of you.860-536-4235

Or switch to another sailmaker/local loft who will. Why would an average beercan guy on the Chesapeake want to have to go to Mystic...either in person or virtually???

#27 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,431 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Or switch to another sailmaker/local loft who will. Why would an average beercan guy on the Chesapeake want to have to go to Mystic...either in person or virtually???

they wouldn't ;)

#28 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, booze and easy women.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Because even an average beercan guy should want to mop the floor with his competition every time the gun goes off.

#29 crash

crash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Because even an average beercan guy should want to mop the floor with his competition every time the gun goes off.

Good, then I'm not average! I want to go out and have fun with friends (on my crew and on other boats) and family. There's alot more to life than just winning a local beercan.

#30 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Good, then I'm not average! I want to go out and have fun with friends (on my crew and on other boats) and family. There's alot more to life than just winning a local beercan.

Buy golf clubs then, you won't have to worry about sailmakers

#31 crash

crash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Good idea, not likely to run into any assholes there who think winning is everything...or that if they "mop the floor" with their competition that they are DC, or Kenny, or Paul...nope they are just another guy who thinks being the biggest man on a little hill makes him the winner...ya almost gotta feel sorry for them.

Now the guys who can have a great time beercan racing and still consistently win, and run a top notch winning program on the weekend, and still have fun, those are the guys I respect.

#32 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

[name='jesposito' timestamp='1340735341' post='3765301']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Good idea, not likely to run into any assholes there who think winning is everything...or that if they "mop the floor" with their competition that they are DC, or Kenny, or Paul...nope they are just another guy who thinks being the biggest man on a little hill makes him the winner...ya almost gotta feel sorry for them.

Now the guys who can have a great time beercan racing and still consistently win, and run a top notch winning program on the weekend, and still have fun, those are the guys I respect.
[/quote]
Not look for respect from you.
Carry on

#33 crash

crash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Not look for respect from you.
Carry on

Didn't say you were. Didn't say you should be. Wasn't really talking about you. Was talking in local corinthian racing general.

Carry on, Aye.

#34 Yogurt

Yogurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Kite Surfing, Scuba Diving

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Is that so you can beat the shit out of them with your new sticks??

#35 bheintz

bheintz

Anarchist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

We have two local lofts in our area (less than 5 miles away), we have been loyal and we buy a sail or two every year. Maybe that does not seem like much, but over 20 years it adds up. One local loft promotes themselves as "one of the oldest group of sail lofts in North America" and the other "one of the world's leading sailmakers." Both claim to have the personal experience best suit our needs.

If the primary reason for going local is service, then a re-cut of a NEW Main and Genoa should not take 12 months.

Sure Annapolis may have two local Evo lofts (one in Eastport and one soon in Back Creek), but when it comes to service, I don't have time to drive to the loft only to find out the sails are not ready when Evo Mystic can deliver sails to my doorstep or marina via UPS the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users