Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

That gets you back on ignore.

#4 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Waaaa waaaa Pete.

Nothing wrong with people being on the road that don't grasp physics. K=1/2mv^2

#5 TPG

TPG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Looks like another example of Critical Ass.

#6 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,476 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Waaaa waaaa Pete.

wa-wa urself. Lighten up and share the road.

#7 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Waaaa waaaa Pete.

NO.

Once riders are Licensed and Bikes are registered and Taxed, Pay all the fees, are forced to carry no-fault insurance and are required to follow ALL rules of the road then we can talk. Until then they are just selfish, self-absorbed, Douche-bags wasting my time and caucusing me aggravation.

And I am an avid bicycle rider.

#8 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,199 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Can't believe Bull Gator has yet to chime in on what a great cyclist he is. You could get both BG and woofy in the same thread......could be like crossing the matter-antimatter streams.

#9 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Potential Darwin award winners.....

That cement truck is really gonna hurt... and your only skin and bones...... ;)

#10 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Waaaa waaaa Pete.

NO.

Once riders are Licensed and Bikes are registered and Taxed, Pay all the fees, are forced to carry no-fault insurance and are required to follow ALL rules of the road then we can talk. Until then they are just selfish, self-absorbed, Douche-bags wasting my time and caucusing me aggravation.

And I am an avid bicycle rider.

Cyclists are supporting your car habit. They're paying for your oil wars, for the public health costs of your tailpipe and for road maintenance on roads they can rarely ride.

As for your suggestion, cyclists are barely a fraction of the accident costs of cars, and suggesting that they need to follow the rules for motor vehicles is about a silly as suggesting that you need to follow the rules of cyclists when you're tooling around in your convertible VW Bug.

That cyclists so often follow auto rules is impressive.

Thank cyclists instead, they produce far more than they consume.

#11 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Can't believe Bull Gator has yet to chime in on what a great cyclist he is. You could get both BG and woofy in the same thread......could be like crossing the matter-antimatter streams.

You seem oddly preoccupied with Gator and me.

If you're a closeted homosexual you don't need to hide it here, we'll accept you regardless.

#12 bplipschitz

bplipschitz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

suggesting that they need to follow the rules for motor vehicles is about a silly as suggesting that you need to follow the rules of cyclists when you're tooling around in your convertible VW Bug.

Actually, it is the *law* in most juristictions that bikes follow the same rules as motor vehicles, especially when on roads. As someone who puts >1000 mi/yr on my bike commuting, I know riders are much more predictable and safe if they ride their bikes like they drive their cars. The riders I've seen get hit are either running stop lights or stop signs.

Accidents do happen--that's why they are accidents. I've been hit twice riding perfectly legally, so following the rules is no guaranty. However, all auto drivers should learn what the rights and responsibilities of bike riders are. EVERY bike rider should, too. Too damned many POB's out there.

I watched ~15 seconds of that trailer. It's full of stuff that makes me cringe.

While racing is a gas (I race), IMO it should only be done on closed courses.

#13 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hipster dickbags.

#14 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Cyclists are supporting your car habit. They're paying for your oil wars, for the public health costs of your tailpipe and for road maintenance on roads they can rarely ride.

How the hell do you figure that? Do cyclists pay for Tax, Tag and Title? Do cyclists pay Gasoline Taxes? Tolls? Do cyclists drive the economy like the way auto's do?

As for your suggestion, cyclists are barely a fraction of the accident costs of cars, and suggesting that they need to follow the rules for motor vehicles is about a silly as suggesting that you need to follow the rules of cyclists when you're tooling around in your convertible VW Bug.

Like those dicks in the Video?

Cyclists cost us in time and aggravation and give us NOTHING in return.....NOTHING

#15 punter

punter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Posted Image

#16 bplipschitz

bplipschitz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

How the hell do you figure that? Do cyclists pay for Tax, Tag and Title? Do cyclists pay Gasoline Taxes? Tolls? Do cyclists drive the economy like the way auto's do?

Most cyclists also own cars. Very few exclusively ride bikes.

#17 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

If only your tax, tag, title, tolls and gasoline tax paid for all of those oil wars, road maintenance, public health cost of air pollution, public health costs of auto accidents, oil subsidies, etc.. But they don't.

So what pays for the rest? Federal Income Taxes, State Income Taxes, State Sales Tax, Property Tax, etc.. Cyclists pay every bit of that. If your tax, tax, title, tolls and gasoline tax paid for all the associated costs of your automobile you would pay more than twice as much per gallon with those other taxes fixed.

As for autos "driving the economy" ... pure bullshit. The only thing that "drives the economy" are products which are sold overseas, and products sold domestically which are non-replaceable by a cheaper product and which directly increase our industrial and commercial output. Luxury items are not "drivers of the economy" until we sell them to people in other countries. If you life 50 miles from your job and your drive an economy car to get there, the money you spend on your vehicle is clearly a positive economic input. If you live a few miles from your job and drive a luxury car to get there you're spending a lot of money (much of it exported to other countries) on things which can be replaced with lower cost alternatives, like walking, bicycles or an economy car, which would therefore free up more domestic personal incomes on export-increasing sources, like small businesses, investment in U.S. industry and infrastructure, etc..

Cyclists cost us in time and aggravation and give us NOTHING in return.....NOTHING

Actually I could say the same about the type of luxury products you sell. They are purely frivolous. I can tell time with my cell phone, I don't need to find a way to export $5,000 of a $10,000 watch to Switzerland for a product that does less than my cell phone. There are two U.S. made watches and neither brand is on your website.

Cyclists do the same work most everyone else does, add to the GNP, add to the U.S. worker productivity, add to our export revenues, but they don't need as much expensive healthcare, they don't dirty the air as much, they don't require strategically-weakening oil imports. That they give you "aggravation" is mostly because they have to share the roads with the automobiles instead of having their own roads.

Again, they subsidize your roads, but you don't subsidize anything of theirs.

#18 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

#19 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

While racing is a gas (I race), IMO it should only be done on closed courses.

Racing in traffic is a blast.

Back in the day, if there was another messenger going in the same direction as you, there was a race. Every time. If they didn't take you up on the race, they lost. They may not have cared that they lost, but you did. The pay for messengers generally sucked, there were no benefits, if you were hit, you were out of work, and there were two other messengers to take your runs. Racing was one of the few perks. Sometimes when you were a worthy competitor, and you were both out of breath, both pulling ahead trying to shake other rider, sometimes you both stopped, shook hands, introduced, then called it a draw. I wouldn't trade those days for anything. I only remember a few of the races I won, but I remember almost every one I lost. They plagued me for weeks, the face of that faster, better, smarter rider. All I wanted to do was get a second chance with those guys. And the X-Men, they were slow, but they stuck together, they were tough, they opened it up for all the rest of us. Before them, cyclists rode as an apology, after them we took the streets.

The only drives who gave a shit were the ones without tri-state plates, nobody else cared, darting in and out, grabbing onto trucks, whatever, nobody cared, cops didn't care either unless you trimmed a pedestrian. It's like you were mosquitoes flying around the jet engines.

I get it, people hate cyclists because they hate cyclists. Not everyone, but definitely some people. If cyclists stayed on the sidewalks there would still be motorists that hate them. It's impossible to win, no point in trying to appease them.

#20 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Those guys are prime-a douchebags. The comments below the video pretty much sum up the general feeling.

#21 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

You can be sure, if you pass a cyclist too close so that your rear-view mirror nearly throws him or her off their mount, or run a yellow-to-red and nearly mow down a parent and child on their bicycles, or make a right on red and nearly flatten a cyclist that you didn't see until the last minute ... you can be sure, that cyclist is thinking that motorists are prime-a douchebags too.

The difference? A cyclists fucks up and it's rarely going to be anything more than an annoyance to the motorist. A motorist fucks up, and the ground just opens up and swallows the cyclist whole.

I knew one guy that was killed on a bike, riding practically in the gutter, a mirror on a truck hit the bottom of his head below his helmet, they never found the truck that did it, but there was no reason why the truck couldn't have given him more room. There really are motorists who have little if any moral compunction in murdering a cyclist as long as they don't get caught and don't break any laws in doing it. An amusing little sport used to be for frat boys to ride quietly behind a cyclist and then pull alongside before gunning the throttle and yelling "hey" from their open windows. If you went down, they laughed. If they had the bad luck to catch a red light and you caught up with them they would roll up and pretend you weren't there as you screamed at them from the side waving your U-lock like a gauntlet.

Such an odd history idiot motorists have with cyclists.

And then, like any bully-bullied dynamic, the cyclists had their own victims, the skateboarders and snakeboarders. Those were very good and very bad times.

#22 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

^^^

I have also been clipped by wing mirrors, been pulled out in front of etc, but thank fully never hurt.

My comment about prime-a douchebags was very much about the couriers in that video, the guy in the VW that had to smack his brakes on, the pedestrian that the filmed ran into etc..... there's no excuse for that shit.

#23 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Again, they subsidize your roads, but you don't subsidize anything of theirs.

I don't?

Every time a Cyclist wastes my time by taking up space on the road that I pay for with my Car I am subsidizing his douchyness. How much in Gasoline tax does he pay? In tolls? In registration? License? I'll answer for you. The Cyclists pays
ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA!

What they do is clog traffic and cause accidents. The worse is when the spandex brigade run in packs taking up the entire lane. At least I get to laugh at them when they give me that smug, Left-wing, "I am saving the planet you are killing it look" as I pass them then the look of terror when I call them on it.

The rest of your rant was just silliness. My watches does not violate your rights. It doesn't waste your time nor do they cause you aggravation. Don't like them.....Don't buy them! Nobody is forcing them on you. So Cyclists should be the same way. I manage to ride almost every day without disrupting traffic. How do I manage? I am not a pretentious douche that is why.

#24 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Every time a Cyclist wastes my time by taking up space on the road that I pay for with my Car I am subsidizing his douchyness. How much in Gasoline tax does he pay? In tolls? In registration? License? I'll answer for you. The Cyclists pays
ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA!

Is there a reason why you expect the cyclist to subsidize your lifestyle choices any more than he or she has?

Do you still not understand that your gasoline tax, tolls, registration and license don't begin to cover the full cost of you driving your vehicle and that it is subsidized by all those cyclists, bus riders and walkers?

What they do is clog traffic and cause accidents. The worse is when the spandex brigade run in packs taking up the entire lane. At least I get to laugh at them when they give me that smug, Left-wing, "I am saving the planet you are killing it look" as I pass them then the look of terror when I call them on it.

There are undoubtedly a lot of drivers a lot faster than you that say the same thing about you.

The rest of your rant was just silliness. My watches does not violate your rights. It doesn't waste your time nor do they cause you aggravation. Don't like them.....Don't buy them! Nobody is forcing them on you. So Cyclists should be the same way. I manage to ride almost every day without disrupting traffic. How do I manage? I am not a pretentious douche that is why.

Wait, the cyclists are violating your rights? What rights of yours are they violating? Couldn't they just as easily (and wrongly) claim that you are violating their rights by forcing them to move to the side of the road to let your douchemobile by in its pretentious cloud of douchenoxia?

As for your watches, I'm demonstrating an age old concept to you ... glass house and stones. You claim the cyclists don't contribute, get used to it, your watches are a drain on our economy. You're selling foreign made luxury items that serves little to no functional purpose for our GNP that a $5 watch or a glace at a cell phone can't complete with greater efficiency, save the need to enjoy unneeded luxury items (like me, I like my Omega). It serves a wonderful purpose for the folks in Switzerland of course.

If you were working in a titanium welding shop or your were adding to the industrial might of our country, your complaint about their lack of contribution might hold more value. But it's more like one hairdresser complaining about another, no?

#25 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

^^^

I have also been clipped by wing mirrors, been pulled out in front of etc, but thank fully never hurt.

My comment about prime-a douchebags was very much about the couriers in that video, the guy in the VW that had to smack his brakes on, the pedestrian that the filmed ran into etc..... there's no excuse for that shit.

Definitely, if you can avoid it, it's better to avoid it. But I think we're not so much like those guys, they're militant cyclists, doing what they do because they've probably been shit on while riding a lot longer and harder than the rest of us more peaceful riders.

And I can understand how people can get like that. How many times does a guy have to get doored by someone opening the driver's side in traffic to spit, before the cyclists loses it a bit? I've been hit twice, still not bitter. A messenger I knew was hit about ten times, once by someone making an illegal turn, shattered his leg, and he rode anyway, he had a 10-year-old son that needed to eat. He was a messenger, that's what he did.

This guy used to ride for the big couriers, until he opened his own company. Got hit by a truck trying to save a kid, still rode with one leg. Nice fellow, not too hard to beat, but he was a superstar, couldn't buy a falafel from a street strand if he tried, the other messengers jumped in. I get that lots of people hate these messengers, but they're people to me. The people who drive like idiots because they're convinced the cyclists are delaying them by a few seconds? Those guys are the animals, and almost without exception, if they nearly kill you and you catch them at a light, they're pretend like they suddenly became deaf, unable to hear the pissed off cyclists tapping on their window or yelling at them. But cyclists have an obligation to do that ... do it enough and you eventually give the assholes something to think about, maybe prevent them from breeding with the woman in the front seat with them and hatching out another five or six idiots.

#26 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

#27 stranded

stranded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Interests:cruising, racing, inshore and offshore

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

wwwwwwwwoofesey GOLD !

J. D.,

Consider yourself inducted into WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFers Kweer Klub !

[ QUOTE ]

If you're a closeted homosexual you don't need to hide it here, we'll accept you regardless.

[ UNQUOTE ]

PRICELESS !

................................... SO, it is true about the wearers of spandex ?

#28 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Local roads are partially supported by state and county taxes, of which I pay more than the vast majority of motorists on the road. Clean air is also a common good, which they consume without paying anything. I obey most traffic laws, most of the time, on my bike, but fuck anyone who doesn't acknowledge my right to my piece of the road. They get by me a lot easier when I'm on my bike than when I'm driving, anyway.

#29 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Now woofey I must tip my hat to you on that one. It is rather funny. You and I both have familes but BG, well he has been known to wear green eyeliner.

#30 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

What I'm curious about is the part where they are firing guns while riding, who are they shooting at? Motorists in their way? That takes it to a whole different level, maybe it's time to take back the streets from these arrogant spandex clad thugs.

#31 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

wwwwwwwwoofesey GOLD !

J. D.,

Consider yourself inducted into WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFers Kweer Klub !

[ QUOTE ]

[ UNQUOTE ]

PRICELESS !

................................... SO, it is true about the wearers of spandex ?

Remember what your doctor told you about that crazy talk? You agreed to stay out of the psych-ward for one full week and you're not making progress with posts like these.

#32 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Now woofey I must tip my hat to you on that one. It is rather funny. You and I both have familes but BG, well he has been known to wear green eyeliner.

Cowboy up Drake. When your mind wanders let it settle on the fertile fields of tits, boats you can't afford, more tits, and bacon if you swing that way.

Why make an effort of crossing that entirely adequate brain time field to grudges against a bunch of dudes?

#33 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Sorry wooofey, I don't do the brokeback mountain thing like you cowpoke that moved from 'bama to Colaradah.

#34 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Sorry wooofey, I don't do the brokeback mountain thing like you cowpoke that moved from 'bama to Colaradah.

See, you're doing that pissy grudge thing again.

Repeat the mantra ...

Tits, boats, tits, bacon.

Once you get that you can add all sorts of awesomeness to your meditation; motorcycles, riding lawnmowers, surfboards, paragliders, sushi, elk sausage, Belgian Beer, entire female forms rather than random body parts.

But you have to walk before you can run.

#35 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I assume you are just being "that guy" to play devils advocate as no on can be that clueless... can they?

Flip your perspective and get on board as major metropolitan areas are making it better for cyclists. Think of it like this I am one less car on the road allowing traffic to flow better. I always laugh when drivers think that cyclists cause traffic, what kind of odd logic is that?

#36 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I assume you are just being "that guy" to play devils advocate as no on can be that clueless... can they?

Flip your perspective and get on board as major metropolitan areas are making it better for cyclists. Think of it like this I am one less car on the road allowing traffic to flow better. I always laugh when drivers think that cyclists cause traffic, what kind of odd logic is that?

They scare the horses, reason enough for me. Posted Image Talk about clueless...

#37 Mike in Seattle

Mike in Seattle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

? urban bike racing ?

meh

ho hum

Y'all oughta get in on the Fremont Solstice Celebration

#38 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

See, you're doing that pissy grudge thing again.

Repeat the mantra ...

Tits, boats, tits, bacon.

Once you get that you can add all sorts of awesomeness to your meditation; motorcycles, riding lawnmowers, surfboards, paragliders, sushi, elk sausage, Belgian Beer, entire female forms rather than random body parts.

But you have to walk before you can run.

You are mumbling again wooooooftey.

#39 echo

echo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Interests:sailing, cycling and watching my kids grow

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

What I'm curious about is the part where they are firing guns while riding, who are they shooting at? Motorists in their way? That takes it to a whole different level, maybe it's time to take back the streets from these arrogant spandex clad thugs.

No real bullets. Like most cyclist, they are just shooting blanks ...

#40 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Back in the 70s and 80s when people really hated cyclists (and I was a young jerk), I used to fantasize about having a frame pump that would fire a 20 ga. shell and mess up the back of some asshole's car. The furthest I got was about 20 years ago when I started carrying pepper spray, after getting run off the road and beaten. Luckily never even thought about using it. I probably would have just gotten it in my face, anyway.

Things seem a lot friendlier out there, these days, happily.

#41 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I always laugh when drivers think that cyclists cause traffic, what kind of odd logic is that?

When I am tooling along at a spirited clip and I have to slow down because some douche in spandex refuses to get off the road...........That causes Traffic!

#42 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

I always laugh when drivers think that cyclists cause traffic, what kind of odd logic is that?

When I am tooling along at a spirited clip and I have to slow down because some douche in spandex refuses to get off the road...........That causes Traffic!

Why do you have to slow down your spirited tooling? Do you need to get a mental image of.the douche in Spandex.to incorporate him or her into your tooling?

#43 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

We are gonna have to change bait, all we are getting is Mike. :lol:

#44 bplipschitz

bplipschitz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Every time a Cyclist wastes my time by taking up space on the road that I pay for with my Car

The space on the road isn't "yours". You don't pay for it with your "Car".

#45 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Still not getting it, so you do not want to share the road with cyclists as they "get in your way". Isn't that a bit like a power boat bitching about a sailboat cause it gets in his way?

Hope you don't ever drive through the City of Chicago, your head would explode with all the cycling that goes on here. Traffic here is caused by cars, trucks, buses etc not bikes. I can make it to the YC's faster via one of my bikes than my car and I usually pass folks like you a few times before I loose you at a red. For the record I don't wear spandex so don't get all weird ole' fantasy like in your head.

Idiot drivers that can't put down their self entitled attitude towards an antiquated idea of a car centric culture with their cell phones are more of a pox to the roadways than people on bikes.

Did you not get a Schwinn when you were a kid?

edit -

For the record roads were built initially for bicycles

1. "Many motorists also assume that roads were built for them. In fact, cars are the johnny-come-latelies of highways.

The hard, flat road surfaces we take for granted are relatively new. Asphalt surfaces weren't widespread until the 1930s. So, are motorists to thank for this smoothness?

No. The improvement of roads was first lobbied for – and paid for – by cycling organisations.

In the UK and the US, cyclists lobbied for better road surfaces for a full 30 years before motoring organisations did the same. Cyclists were ahead of their time."Clicky

2. "Motorists are the johnny-come-latelies of highway history. The coming of the railways in the 1830s killed off the stage-coach trade; almost all rural roads reverted to low-level local use. Cyclists were the first group in a generation to use roads and were the first to push for high-quality sealed surfaces and were the first to lobby for national funding and leadership for roads.

Without cyclists, motorists wouldn't have hit the ground running when it came to places to drive this new form of transport." Clicky

and finally -

3. "Many modern motorists glibly profess their hatred for cyclists. The automobilists of the early 1900s had no such issues with cyclists. This was because many were cyclists too, or had been cyclists before taking up motoring. The first motorcar racers, or at least the very best ones, tended to be former bicycle champions." Clicky

#46 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Every time a Cyclist wastes my time by taking up space on the road that I pay for with my Car

All things being equal......Yes I do

#47 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

All things being equal we all do... maybe 1/3rd comes from your gas tax the rest (2/3) from income, property, sales tax. So you pay for the privilege to drive your car.

Add to that my bicycle causes no where near the damage to roads, environment (pollution & disposal), or medical expenses (injury & obesity) that the vehicle driving public does. I think it is fair that cars pay a 33% premium to maintain the roads as your use of them is far more intensive than mine. I'll look at my 66% as the cost of providing a reliable transportation corridor for good and services to come to me... and for the right to ride my bicycle on the road.

Truce?

#48 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

All things being equal we all do... maybe 1/3rd comes from your gas tax the rest (2/3) from income, property, sales tax. So you pay for the privilege tax to drive your car.

Add to that my bicycle causes no where near the damage to roads, environment (pollution & disposal), or medical expenses (injury & obesity) that the vehicle driving public does. I think it is fair that cars pay a 33% premium to maintain the roads as your use of them is far more intensive than mine. I'll look at my 66% as the cost of providing a reliable transportation corridor for good and services to come to me... and for the right to ride my bicycle on the road.

Truce?

The car also requires the spoliation of land and sea and an oil-driven foreign policy, which kills and maims our people (and others), defeats our greater geopolitical interests, undermines national security, and empties the treasury. You don't even begin to pay for that, sonny. It's the Chinese who really deserve a place on our roads.

Admittedly, bicycles also require petroleum to build, transport, and ride, but in much smaller amounts.

#49 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

No offense.Anthony, you're a friendly fellow with good taste in jewelry, but you have logic like a fucking dickhead.

#50 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Some of your fellow cyclists are your worst enemies, between the idiots on the video and the critical mass crowd, the truly clueless and the arrogant selfcentered jerks, you aren't winning friends. Most cyclists that cross my path are polite and share the road or trail, but there are those who have made a trailride memorable...for the wrong reasons. Not much I can do to the idiot cyclist who whizzes past from behind on a mountain trail, but the asshole who banged on my loaded horse trailer to get my attention while passing on a narrow road almost got the door. Denounce the jerks and idiots, don't make common cause with them.

#51 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Some of your fellow cyclists are your worst enemies, between the idiots on the video and the critical mass crowd, the truly clueless and the arrogant selfcentered jerks, you aren't winning friends. Most cyclists that cross my path are polite and share the road or trail, but there are those who have made a trailride memorable...for the wrong reasons. Not much I can do to the idiot cyclist who whizzes past from behind on a mountain trail, but the asshole who banged on my loaded horse trailer to get my attention while passing on a narrow road almost got the door. Denounce the jerks and idiots, don't make common cause with them.

There are definitely idiots, I don't see the Critical Mass riders as that though. The idiots ride with CM, but CM is mostly just a big rolling party. If you've never done one I recommend it.

Sailors shouldn't be critical of cyclists, they're kindred spirits ... we get in the way of the stinkpotters and are hated for it.

Finally, the reason I'm not willing to demonize ”idiot” cyclists is because comparing the relative intelligence of an idiot cyclist to an idiot motorist is like an exercise for potheads. Being surrounded by all that steel and sheet metal naturally allows the driver to dial back the cerebral cortex (or whatever does the thinking) because their life isn't on the line with every.decision.

But on a bicycle or motorcycle, when you're in traffic your mind is doing calculations like a supercomputer. That feeling you get in the little sportscar when you have a semi truck on both sides doing 70 mph on the highway is pretty much where cyclists are most of the time they're on the road. If motorists had that level of attention behind the wheel accidental death rates would plummet.

Did the idiot cyclist cause a dangerous situation? How dangerous is 175 lbs. of rider and machine compared to 4,500 lbs. of driver and machine?

Fretting about the threat of cyclists rather than drivers is like worrying about the bacteria on blades of the machete swinging mobs that are hunting you down. When my children are playing in the front yard, I 'aint worried about yet another screaming maniac cyclist barreling down the street with Keith Urban blaring on the stereo while they're steering with one hand and sending a text message with the other.

Diverting the conversation to the dangers of cyclists scratches on absurd.

#52 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

All things being equal we all do... maybe 1/3rd comes from your gas tax the rest (2/3) from income, property, sales tax. So you pay for the privilege to drive your car.

Truce?

So if we pay the same amount in income, property and sales Tax then I pay significantly more for the roads than any cyclist does.

#53 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

The car also requires the spoliation of land and sea and an oil-driven foreign policy, which kills and maims our people (and others), defeats our greater geopolitical interests, undermines national security, and empties the treasury. You don't even begin to pay for that, sonny. It's the Chinese who really deserve a place on our roads.

Admittedly, bicycles also require petroleum to build, transport, and ride, but in much smaller amounts.

Seriously? You are actually using the silly, treehugger/Code Pink argument?

#54 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,342 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

A couple of things guys one your arguing about a bicycle video on a sailing forum ha ha. Need I point out who looks stupid right now?

Critical MASS in SF turned into an outsider and homeless protest years ago its just an excuse to raise hell and hide in a large mast moving mass of people ie avoid arrest for civil disobedience.

Those bike dudes on that video are seriously crazy ass fast thinking bikers who might make a mistake and put a dent in your car if they screw up. Hardly much of a threat to anyone unless they run down someone walking which we have had happen in the Bay Area but I recall that so far all of those bikers were weekend hacks blowing through crosswalks with no skill or ability to anticipate that yes someone might actually be using the cross walk on a RED. Your messenger type riders are probably the most skilled at anticipating disaster at every possible moment you'll be hard pressed to find one who hasn't learned the hard way when you don't anticipate situations.

Like most things you will probably find that the random weekend rider is the source of most complaints blowing stop signs - riding two up blocking traffic etc. Just as weekend drivers can be a serious threat to road safety as they cut people off run through unfamiliar intersections etc etc. As pointed out above people get stupid fast when surrounded by a crash cage and air bags not to mention many think they are all powerful and take on aggressive driving behavior thinking they are impervious to any sort of harm to them selves. WHO gives a F about everyone else. LOL

#55 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

There are definitely idiots, I don't see the Critical Mass riders as that though. The idiots ride with CM, but CM is mostly just a big rolling party. If you've never done one I recommend it.

Sailors shouldn't be critical of cyclists, they're kindred spirits ... we get in the way of the stinkpotters and are hated for it.

Finally, the reason I'm not willing to demonize "idiot" cyclists is because comparing the relative intelligence of an idiot cyclist to an idiot motorist is like an exercise for potheads. Being surrounded by all that steel and sheet metal naturally allows the driver to dial back the cerebral cortex (or whatever does the thinking) because their life isn't on the line with every.decision.

But on a bicycle or motorcycle, when you're in traffic your mind is doing calculations like a supercomputer. That feeling you get in the little sportscar when you have a semi truck on both sides doing 70 mph on the highway is pretty much where cyclists are most of the time they're on the road. If motorists had that level of attention behind the wheel accidental death rates would plummet.

Did the idiot cyclist cause a dangerous situation? How dangerous is 175 lbs. of rider and machine compared to 4,500 lbs. of driver and machine?

Fretting about the threat of cyclists rather than drivers is like worrying about the bacteria on blades of the machete swinging mobs that are hunting you down. When my children are playing in the front yard, I 'aint worried about yet another screaming maniac cyclist barreling down the street with Keith Urban blaring on the stereo while they're steering with one hand and sending a text message with the other.

Ahh, but they are a danger to me...just 2 weeks ago I was working a young horse in the ring nearest the bicycle trail and some idiot decided to signal his friend by picking his bike up and waving it over his head while screaming...took 10 minutes to calm the horse down, the session was a waste, and I damn near got dumped, a kid would have been dumped. That dangerous.

@U20guy2, you have been here long enough to know we will argue about anything. :rolleyes:

#56 MoeAlfa

MoeAlfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Seriously? You are actually using the silly, treehugger/Code Pink argument?

Seriously. Keep up the name-calling. I'm proud to be a tree hugger.

#57 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,342 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Finally, the reason I'm not willing to demonize "idiot" cyclists is because comparing the relative intelligence of an idiot cyclist to an idiot motorist is like an exercise for potheads. Being surrounded by all that steel and sheet metal naturally allows the driver to dial back the cerebral cortex (or whatever does the thinking) because their life isn't on the line with every.decision.

Ahh, but they are a danger to me...just 2 weeks ago I was working a young horse in the ring nearest the bicycle trail and some idiot decided to signal his friend by picking his bike up and waving it over his head while screaming...took 10 minutes to calm the horse down, the session was a waste, and I damn near got dumped, a kid would have been dumped. That dangerous.

@U20guy2, you have been here long enough to know we will argue about anything. :rolleyes:

What you don't know about me I was shoveling Horse pucky for years and my horses and the horses I worked with all could care less about bikes given 99% of the time thats how I got to the ranch. What I always thought was funny were the city slicker wives wearing their fancy pants riding around their spoiled and poorly trained horses for hours and hours "taking Lessons" doing what I could do on my 3yr old green horn while riding bare back. The lady giving lessons even got pissed off at me one day when I gave one of her paying clients some basic tips to fix her problem she was spending weeks trying to solve by paying for riding lessons.

I put her on my 3yr old quarter horse and she had no issues doing what she was trying to do. Then I explained to her that her horse was a Piece of SHIT due to the way she handles him ie like a fucking 6yr kid. She stopped taking lessons and started going on rides with me. At the time I was 15yrs old within a week we had her Piece of SHIT horse knowing who was boss and starting to get some skills developed. A year later I was working for her husbands Company and still giving her horse advice.

Another city slicker couldn't handle a 15yr old getting pissed off at her the way she handled her horse. I flat out told her she was going to get hurt bad if she kept doing the stupid shit she was doing - hand feeding - kissing the horses fucking nose etc etc. Sure enough I had to call the damn Medic when the horse drop kicked her in the face sending her across the barn. Nothing fun about holding some lady's jaw on while waiting for the Medic to arrive making sure she keeps breathing.

I have zero respect for city slicker horse hacks - ride your fucking bike through the barn every day! Tie a god damn paper bag to the stall door - expose your horse to everything you can and he'll be one seriously bitching ride! I had a barn full of 25 horses who wouldn't even bat an eye at soccer balls being blasted through the barn- kids blasting down the hill and through the barn on bikes - even freaking RC cars ripping around in the dirt. Nothing more cool that a barn full of horses who aren't afraid of shit. Though it sure puts the trainers out of business.

#58 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

What you don't know about me I was shoveling Horse pucky for years and my horses and the horses I worked with all could care less about bikes given 99% of the time thats how I got to the ranch. What I always thought was funny were the city slicker wives wearing their fancy pants riding around their spoiled and poorly trained horses for hours and hours "taking Lessons" doing what I could do on my 3yr old green horn while riding bare back. The lady giving lessons even got pissed off at me one day when I gave one of her paying clients some basic tips to fix her problem she was spending weeks trying to solve by paying for riding lessons.

I put her on my 3yr old quarter horse and she had no issues doing what she was trying to do. Then I explained to her that her horse was a Piece of SHIT due to the way she handles him ie like a fucking 6yr kid. She stopped taking lessons and started going on rides with me. At the time I was 15yrs old within a week we had her Piece of SHIT horse knowing who was boss and starting to get some skills developed. A year later I was working for her husbands Company and still giving her horse advice.

Another city slicker couldn't handle a 15yr old getting pissed off at her the way she handled her horse. I flat out told her she was going to get hurt bad if she kept doing the stupid shit she was doing - hand feeding - kissing the horses fucking nose etc etc. Sure enough I had to call the damn Medic when the horse drop kicked her in the face sending her across the barn. Nothing fun about holding some lady's jaw on while waiting for the Medic to arrive making sure she keeps breathing.

I have zero respect for city slicker horse hacks - ride your fucking bike through the barn every day! Tie a god damn paper bag to the stall door - expose your horse to everything you can and he'll be one seriously bitching ride! I had a barn full of 25 horses who wouldn't even bat an eye at soccer balls being blasted through the barn- kids blasting down the hill and through the barn on bikes - even freaking RC cars ripping around in the dirt. Nothing more cool that a barn full of horses who aren't afraid of shit. Though it sure puts the trainers out of business.

We have bikes around all the time, not a problem, the horses get used to them, it's the idiots that they never get used to. This wasn't my horse, 12yo Doc Bar Quarter, this was a 6yo Arabian that has been under saddle for 4 months. Prior to that he was uncut and kept in a box stall for 4 years, the wife bought him w/o telling me when our old barn sold him for back board...I cut him a little slack...not much, but a little. I agree about some trainers, you ever hear of Parelli? :lol: I've been doing this since I was a kid, learned from an old Cavalry Sargeant.

#59 BarePoles

BarePoles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:sailing, surfing, architecture, Texas Forever

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Wah wah!

Bunch a babies in here, cool video, bikers with some serious skill. Wish more people looked before crossing when it's not an eighteen wheeler blasting through the light. Best way to and from the yacht club.

Posted Image

#60 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Every time a Cyclist wastes my time by taking up space on the road that I pay for with my Car I am subsidizing his douchyness.

Oh my God. What a complete tool you must be.

If the guy wasn't on a bike, guess what ? He'd be MORE TRAFFIC, you idiot.

You project all these 'holy-ier-than-thou' attitudes on riders and carry the biggest chip you could imagine yourself. Self-absorbed much ?

#61 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

So if we pay the same amount in income, property and sales Tax then I pay significantly more for the roads than any cyclist does.

Because you have the W-2s for all bicyclists in your city ???

#62 Naptime

Naptime

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

3 bicycles, 3 cars. Plenty of idiots to go around. But I've never been stuck behind someone applying makeup or texting on a bike, or tossing a cigarette butt from a bike.

#63 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

I saw a horse once get spooked by a piece of tissue paper that blew through the stable. Some horses are like that, high strung, but those are often the best horses to run, they have spirit.

Timo, check out this drill team ...

That's our county riding group, our younger daughter has been riding tenderfoot team for a year now. Those horses are broken for sure, gun blanks, flags, whoopin and hollerin, flashbulbs, they just do their thing.

I thought that daughter would turn into our family softballer ot ballerina, but it turns out she's a born rider.

#64 stranded

stranded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Interests:cruising, racing, inshore and offshore

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

better than a tight pants bike courier

#65 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

I saw a horse once get spooked by a piece of tissue paper that blew through the stable. Some horses are like that, high strung, but those are often the best horses to run, they have spirit.

Timo, check out this drill team ...

That's our county riding group, our younger daughter has been riding tenderfoot team for a year now. Those horses are broken for sure, gun blanks, flags, whoopin and hollerin, flashbulbs, they just do their thing.

I thought that daughter would turn into our family softballer ot ballerina, but it turns out she's a born rider.

Never underestimate the power of a horse to react both suddenly and violently... something I was taught at an early age.

I don't care how bombproof she is supposed to be.

Mike, get her a tennis racket...much cheaper. :lol: My brothers threatened me with death if I got their daughters into horses. They saw what happened with my sister.

#66 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

But you also cause significantly more damage/cost to the environment, roads, infrastructure, and health of those around you. I subsidize you way more than you me.

I have been riding to the Club for years now and it makes me smile when I see more of my fellow sailors realize the amazing convenience of riding a bike in the city. Some of which used to poke fun at me because "it's a kids thing, bikes are lame, they are in the way" etc... now they have been converted and sing the praises. My biggest regret in leading by example, I need to get to the Club earlier in order to get a spot at the rack. Personally I think it is a great regret to have.

3 Bikes, 1 Car

#67 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Mike, get her a tennis racket...much cheaper. :lol: My brothers threatened me with death if I got their daughters into horses. They saw what happened with my sister.

It's Colorado, horses are cheaper out here, there are always plenty of fed and stabled horses from the livery string. The BLM has a horse overpopulation problem out West. They catch the wild horses and then give them to the prisoners in Cañon City, the prisoners break and train saddle horses. $125 for an unbroken horse or burro, $1,000 for a saddle mustang.

A buck and change for a burro is a good deal, they're fairly bulletproof, do a good job of keeping away the coyotes and lions.

What happened with your sister?

#68 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Awesome!

#69 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

The horse can be the cheap part, wait til you have to buy tack, clothes, boots and a couple of saddles. :rolleyes: We have five between the two of us that I know about. Posted Image Then there are vet bills, farrier bills, etc, etc, etc. And shows, my sister did the west coast ckt for a couple of years when we were kids, Thanksgiving dinner at Earl Warren Showgrounds, I have simpler tastes. But people kept telling me how expensive boats were...

If someone tries to con you into Parelli or the natural horseman crap, run the other way with your hand on your wallet. Lessons are a good idea, but make sure you see progress.

#70 ibcrewin

ibcrewin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Interests:4.875% fixed

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Now this looks a lot safer!

http://www.rollapaluza.com/

#71 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

The horse can be the cheap part, wait til you have to buy tack, clothes, boots and a couple of saddles. :rolleyes: We have five between the two of us that I know about. Posted Image Then there are vet bills, farrier bills, etc, etc, etc. And shows, my sister did the west coast ckt for a couple of years when we were kids, Thanksgiving dinner at Earl Warren Showgrounds, I have simpler tastes. But people kept telling me how expensive boats were...

If someone tries to con you into Parelli or the natural horseman crap, run the other way with your hand on your wallet. Lessons are a good idea, but make sure you see progress.

Our livery fees for the year are less than $500, much, much cheaper than ballet. But you're right that stabling our own horse isn't a reasonable expense now. Anyway, I think she prefers to ride different horses at this point.

Her Westernaires program is rigid, if you watched that video, you're not going to have a drill team that large doing precision handling at speed without some structure. She was better after her first month there than I had ever been.

there is something to that natural horsemanship thing though, I'm not sure if it's teachable, but some of these preteen girls just react so naturally to the animal, you can see the horse is at ease with them, I see it in the bit, the horse's jaw relaxes and they pick up on the rider better.

I never had that. I got on the horse and I think it immediately knew that I would have preferred it to have two wheels and a two-stroke engine.

#72 aA

aA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

this thread went from douchebag bicyclists to douchebag car owners to good bike riders to sarah jessica parker in 50+ posts...

well played sa, well played

#73 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Our livery fees for the year are less than $500, much, much cheaper than ballet. But you're right that stabling our own horse isn't a reasonable expense now. Anyway, I think she prefers to ride different horses at this point.

Her Westernaires program is rigid, if you watched that video, you're not going to have a drill team that large doing precision handling at speed without some structure. She was better after her first month there than I had ever been.

there is something to that natural horsemanship thing though, I'm not sure if it's teachable, but some of these preteen girls just react so naturally to the animal, you can see the horse is at ease with them, I see it in the bit, the horse's jaw relaxes and they pick up on the rider better.

I never had that. I got on the horse and I think it immediately knew that I would have preferred it to have two wheels and a two-stroke engine.

I'm not talking about natural riders, I mean "Natural Horsemanship"tm, it's a business designed to separate the wannabe equestrian from her money. $pecial leadrope$ an orange $tick and giant beachball$ Posted Image ffs.

#74 Supa_saila

Supa_saila

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

Psshh, hipsters...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jLRSj5i4XTU

#75 bored broker

bored broker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:anything on water. Liquid or solid.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Saw this today.

LOS ANGELES – Investigators were working Saturday night to determine why a cyclist in Los Angeles was shot dead by an occupant of an SUV that had just struck him at an intersection.

Authorities were unsure whether road rage, gang activity or a personal vendetta were responsible for the bloodshed, which also saw a bystander wounded as he ran from the scene, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The white SUV hit the cyclist in the city's Koreatown neighborhood Saturday about 1:20pm local time, police said.

The injured cyclist was shot dead as he lay on the ground, while a second victim received non-life-threatening injuries as he ran from the scene.

The gunman and two men he was traveling with in the vehicle remain at large.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...e#ixzz1yRGIDaAj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users