371 replies to this topic

#301 k2mav

k2mav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

I would have to think this thread must give the Oracle boys something to laugh about over the morning coffee. " ok guys lets see what the experts have come up with today ". One of the great AC maxims, " Ye must lead them astray ".

Yes, but we are having fun too! Just look at this PhotoCHOP of the rudder. hahaa this must be a joke. Compare Aspect Ratio
Attached File  AC45FoiltoucAR.jpg   221.42K   366 downloads

#302 onimod

onimod

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:Cannot be left blank

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Aaaaagh!
I was looking at the exif and it not necessarily dodgy on it's own.
Now that I have read back more than I page...well...:blink:...dickhead.
Thanks for the lesson everyone.

#303 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

I would have to think this thread must give the Oracle boys something to laugh about over the morning coffee. " ok guys lets see what the experts have come up with today ". One of the great AC maxims, " Ye must lead them astray ".

Yes, but we are having fun too! Just look at this PhotoCHOP of the rudder. hahaa this must be a joke. Compare Aspect Ratio

Very true . The truly funny this is that with all this attention to the bottom , they may have had a 20ft taller wing and we never would have known it . Its all about making people look the other way :)

Case in point . Not too long ago there was a race car team thay developed a new car for the series . All the spy photos were analized to the last degree about body shape , wing size etc . It wasn't until the truck driver delivering the car to the track noted that both the front and rear wheels / tires were exactly the same size , a ridacal departure from the norm in this series, that the secret was found out .

#304 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

The rudder has been very well PS or is just genuine, knowing that the test was not made on this hull.
Seems by looking closely (but maybe the fruit of my imagination) that the other rudder has a fence in the middle.

#305 k2mav

k2mav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Just checked proportional hull/rudder measures comparing the two pics, and the height of the rudder is about the same... so NO chop. just an illusion.

#306 K38BOB

K38BOB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

With all the photographers around the bay, I wonder why there are only these few images to view. It's not as if the AC45s don't command attention when they are out. . .

you need a boat fast enough to keep pace with a photog with knowledge of when/where- during week day...

some have tried to get close (like SL33) but they sail away....

#307 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Here ya go - someone likes your thinking!

http://noticeboard.a...12/07/PI_14.pdf

#308 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

^^

Thanks. Bloody late for asking the clarification, though

#309 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,777 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

^ Prompted by the AC45/SF foils, maybe?

#310 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

^^

Thanks. Bloody late for asking the clarification, though

Maybe - didn't help 'them' much though did it!

3. Not enough information is supplied to give a definitive answer. The item shown could be a daggerboard.
4. Not enough information is supplied to give a definitive answer. The item shown could be a daggerboard.
5. Not enough information is supplied to give a definitive answer. The item shown could be a daggerboard.
6. Not enough information is supplied to give a definitive answer. The item shown could be a daggerboard.
7. Not applicable.

Posted Image

Helped us though - to know* what they are pondering (or what they think others might be doing).

*unless this is just a more refined 'photoshop'Posted Image

#311 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

BTW, confirmed my recollection that wands would be considered as appendages and therefore outlawed. Superseded by the req'mt that foils be manually adjusted, anyway.

#312 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

can we get an answer to the original question, did oracle actually make a foiling ac45 or is it all just shits and giggles for the OR design team?

#313 kmcfast

kmcfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Spit must have hired the Bozo that photoshopped Obama's Birth certificate.

#314 pointyend

pointyend

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:drinkin', cussin', spittin'

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

#315 bhyde

bhyde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:F-24II

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Pretty funny thread. Plenty of conspiracy theories running around.
Whether the L-boards are Shopped or not to hide the details of the configuration, I can't say. But I can say that at least one of the boats is sailing with L-boards in SF. I know this because I've actually seen them first hand on the water. Several people at my YC have also seen them. It's not a huge secret.

#316 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Whether the L-boards are Shopped or not to hide the details of the configuration, I can't say. But I can say that at least one of the boats is sailing with L-boards in SF. I know this because I've actually seen them first hand on the water. Several people at my YC have also seen them. It's not a huge secret.

So, if you have seen it, is one of the picture correct and, if yes, which one. And do you have seen BOTH because one proves nothing. Even the 2 can't prove much as it is just tests.

#317 bhyde

bhyde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:F-24II

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

So, if you have seen it, is one of the picture correct and, if yes, which one. And do you have seen BOTH because one proves nothing. Even the 2 can't prove much as it is just tests.

Looked like a straight L's to me, but I really wasn't close enough to see that level of fine detail (+/- 300ft). Additionally, with the wind at about 12kts, I never saw the boats "foil" in the moth sense. They might in stronger conditions, but I didn't see it.

#318 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Looked like a straight L's to me, but I really wasn't close enough to see that level of fine detail (+/- 300ft). Additionally, with the wind at about 12kts, I never saw the boats "foil" in the moth sense. They might in stronger conditions, but I didn't see it.

Thanks bhyde.

#319 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

can we get an answer to the original question, did oracle actually make a foiling ac45 or is it all just shits and giggles for the OR design team?

It could well be, if JS did pull a send-up. From at here http://www.facebook....27164370&type=3

Hilite mine

Posted Image

???

#320 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

It could well be, if JS did pull a send-up. From at here http://www.facebook....27164370&type=3

Hilite mine

Posted Image

???

Haha that's funny

#321 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,777 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

^ Agrred, very funny if true. That damn photo made the FP because (probably) of Clean jumping all over it earlier in the thread.
JS must be laughing, if he realizes!

#322 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sorted....

Scientists Develop Method for Authenticating Digital Images by Analyzing 'Noise'
Posted Image

http://www.albany.ed...6046.php?WT.eml

#323 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,777 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

I wonder if this one was touched up or not? From Feb, this foil almost looks like it had a torpedo shape at the bottom.. via my teeny screen anyway

Posted Image
http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectronicday.lasso?date=2012-02-22#.T_s7MoF5mc1

#324 bruno

bruno

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Do you really think the teams aren't looking at endplates, etc?

#325 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

The only interest of this picture is that it seems to be the starboard foil. However it gets even more clear that they want us to focus on something else than the tiller foil and on possible C foils.

#326 Philippe_Chaplin

Philippe_Chaplin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

To foil or not to foil...

In the last Bol d'Or in Geneva, some of the local experts in the field where discussing technology, there was Thomas Jung from The Mirabeaud LX ( http://mlxfoiler.wordpress.com/ ), Hughes de Turkeheim from Pi28 ( http://www.p28foiler.com/le-bateau/ ) and... EB from Alinghi. What I could get was that an automatic control in a somewhat smaller boat (from Moth to around 30 feet) is fine. For a bigger boat, it wont do, therefore either you try to react manually with maybe hydraulic aid (A5) or you need a complete sofisticated control system (e.g. giro, hydraulic aid and a computer in between). That was partly explained by EB refering to the 3 pairs of foils that we saw on A5, the S shape revealed first. The C shape pair and the I shaped ones that finally were used in the last race. EB said that you could find a good tune for the previous foils but changing conditions, wind, waves, angle vs wind made the ever tuning so complicated that it was not so productive in the end. True to say that A5 designer never intended to really foil but at least to diminish wetted surface and probably to help the close wind angle. That beeing only my two cents...

#327 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts
  • Interests:Foiler design and development,.........sailing fast,
    movable ballast systems and..... justice.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

I don't know about that ,Philippe: see the picture below of Dr. Bradfields 40' Skat which uses a wand based altitude control system. He would say that the there is no size limit for such a control system.The Moth and Mirabaud both use wand based automatic systems but the altitude control system on a surface piercing foiler like Hydroptere is 100% automatic, regulated by speed. The problem with the AC is that wands(or electronic altitude control systems) aren't legal but pivoting the daggerboard is. I would think that pretty much means that steady state foiling would require manual altitude control(as you mention) by pivoting the board.

Attached Files

#328 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Months ago I put up a quote (lost now) from a French? multihull designer who stated that while foils were standard in certain classes where they overcame design restrictions they would not necessarily be advantageous in classes with fewer restrictions.

Foil shape was also often determined by class restrictions and placement, rather than being 'universal'.

And even in a class were there was a clear benefit, under some conditions the drag penalty overrode other gains.

So if we are to believe him - we can't simply say " 'C' foils (for example) work best", nor "always use your foils if you have them", nor even that "you need them" in the first place.

#329 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

When you consider that most ocean racing multihulls use foils, and a good percentage of production catamarans 20' and under use foils along with a growing number of monohulls using rudder foils, curved foils and DSS I'd say there was good evidence that foils used for "foil assist" are pretty well proven across the board.

#330 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

When you consider that most ocean racing multihulls use foils, and a good percentage of production catamarans 20' and under use foils along with a growing number of monohulls using rudder foils, curved foils and DSS I'd say there was good evidence that foils used for "foil assist" are pretty well proven across the board.

Yep, could be. Sounds a bit simplistic though, (most cars have cup holders, so,,,), and of course most sail boats have 'foils' afterall.
But how well researched are these efforts ^^, (some are obviously), and how much comes down to following the crowd, giving buyers what they perceive as cutting edge etc?
Proven as a better solution to the constraints of a class, sure. Proven to be better in all situations when unconstrained by design restrictions?

#331 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yep, could be. Sounds a bit simplistic though, (most cars have cup holders, so,,,), and of course most sail boats have 'foils' afterall.
But how well researched are these efforts ^^, (some are obviously), and how much comes down to following the crowd, giving buyers what they perceive as cutting edge etc?
Proven as a better solution to the constraints of a class, sure. Proven to be better in all situations when unconstrained by design restrictions?

====================
In a well designed and engineered application, yes.

#332 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,258 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

I heard this story for the first time yesterday and somehow it made me think of this thread. http://en.wikipedia....during_Olympics

Iconic mustache during Olympics
In an era when other swimmers, male and female, were shaving body hair, he swam with a mustache. When asked why he initially grew one he stated "I grew the mustache because a coach in college said I couldn't grow one." Spitz said he originally grew the mustache as a form of rebellion against the clean-cut look imposed on him in college. “It took a long time to grow,” he said. It took four months to grow, but Spitz was proud of it, he decided the mustache was a "good-luck piece."

Mark Spitz is quoted as saying, "When I went to the Olympics, I had every intention of shaving the mustache off, but I realized I was getting so many comments about it—and everybody was talking about it—that I decided to keep it. I had some fun with a Russian coach who asked me if my mustache slowed me down. I said, 'No, as a matter of fact, it deflects water away from my mouth, allows my rear end to rise and make me bullet-shaped in the water, and that's what had allowed me to swim so great.' He's translating as fast as he can for the other coaches, and the following year every Russian male swimmer had a mustache."

#333 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

Maybe OR will put mustaches on their foils and everyone else will follow suit.Posted Image

#334 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

from the multihull forum

check the rudders

http://forums.sailin...0

Attached Files

#335 Rennmaus

Rennmaus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I heard this story for the first time yesterday and somehow it made me think of this thread. http://en.wikipedia....during_Olympics

Iconic mustache during Olympics
In an era when other swimmers, male and female, were shaving body hair, he swam with a mustache. When asked why he initially grew one he stated "I grew the mustache because a coach in college said I couldn't grow one." Spitz said he originally grew the mustache as a form of rebellion against the clean-cut look imposed on him in college. "It took a long time to grow," he said. It took four months to grow, but Spitz was proud of it, he decided the mustache was a "good-luck piece."

Mark Spitz is quoted as saying, "When I went to the Olympics, I had every intention of shaving the mustache off, but I realized I was getting so many comments about it—and everybody was talking about it—that I decided to keep it. I had some fun with a Russian coach who asked me if my mustache slowed me down. I said, 'No, as a matter of fact, it deflects water away from my mouth, allows my rear end to rise and make me bullet-shaped in the water, and that's what had allowed me to swim so great.' He's translating as fast as he can for the other coaches, and the following year every Russian male swimmer had a mustache."

Shouldn't this post be in the "Artemis" thread, I mean, talking about a stache? Posted Image

#336 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,258 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Shouldn't this post be in the "Artemis" thread, I mean, talking about a stache? Posted Image

The moustache is a mere instantiation of the concept at hand, which is techno-obfustication. I agree that if one could attach the latter to Artemis and link the physical to the metaphysical, then the parable would indeed become perfect.

#337 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

from the multihull forum

check the rudders

Posted Image

'Shopped'!

#338 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

from the multihull forum

check the rudders

Posted Image

'Shopped'!

=====================
This is the "Flying Phantom" F18 using a foil system designed by Martin Fischer. An early version of this system was used on the "Mayfly" A Class cat. "L" rudders and "s" boards.......

#339 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

This is the Flying Phantom this was origionally going to go to the olympic trials but wasn't finished in time.
http://www.catsailor...r=250772&page=1

#340 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

I wonder if this one was touched up or not? From Feb, this foil almost looks like it had a torpedo shape at the bottom.. via my teeny screen anyway

Posted Image
http://www.latitude3...22#.T_s7MoF5mc1

Do you have to be a conspiracy theorist to join SA ?

I can assure you these are real, but they don't work until you reach a certain speed Posted Image

#341 F-18 5150

F-18 5150

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

from the multihull forum

check the rudders

Posted Image

'Shopped'!

NAV That is not shopped. It is also not a F-18. Hulls are lighter beam is wider. sails are bigger. Rudders and Daggers would both be illegal in F-18 competion.

Posted Image

#342 pjh

pjh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

from the multihull forum

check the rudders

'Shopped'!

NAV That is not shopped. It is also not a F-18. Hulls are lighter beam is wider. sails are bigger. Rudders and Daggers would both be illegal in F-18 competion.

Posted Image

It that an F-18? Wicked looking device. I'd love to sail it.

#343 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

what would they have photoshopped in or out of the original photos?

#344 ~HHN92~

~HHN92~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

Posted Image

I can assure you these are real, but they don't work until you reach a certain speed Posted Image

There you go, stirring the pot, like you know something the rest don't. ;)

I mean, you're just an old monohull sailor, aren't you? :P

#345 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:32 AM

"I can assure you these are real, but they don't work until you reach a certain speed"

which presumably is what alinghi found with their funny foils

but not well enough to beat the big dog in any wind above medium

so they went light winds only, ditched the funny foils

and got slaughtered by the wing's higher and faster abilities anyway...

but certainly it is a great advantage to oracle to know what works and at what wind speeds

etnz may have their boat on the water now but really only have 15? days of sailing it before they get locked in to boat 2's design

going to be hard for any team to learn as much as oracle have already forgotten

#346 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

Posted Image

Mono's baby, that's where it's at for those of us that can't afford AC45's, as SL33's are for pussies Posted Image.

Anything else is just pure speculation and photo shop, L foils are pure photo shop, nothing more. AC45's don't foil, and the teams really don't like the designPosted Image

#347 ~HHN92~

~HHN92~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Mono's baby, that's where it's at for those of us that can't afford AC45's, as SL33's are for pussies Posted Image.

Anything else is just pure speculation and photo shop, L foils are pure photo shop, nothing more. AC45's don't foil, and the teams really don't like the designPosted Image

And Charlie don't surf.....................

#348 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Posted Image

then can you please explain the photos?

#349 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image

All photo shopped - none of it ever really happened.

It's a figment of your imagination in the magical world of AC 45's. L foils don't exist Posted Image

#350 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

Looks like the sarcasm when over your head.

The photos are real, the foils exist, they do work, and not just coming off a wave as some here have suggested.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some video show up because I watched it from a RIB yesterday and other RIBs were in the immediate area. Pretty cool stuff.

#351 ~HHN92~

~HHN92~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

The photos are real, the foils exist, they do work, and not just coming off a wave as some here have suggested.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some video show up because I watched it from a RIB yesterday and other RIBs were in the immediate area. Pretty cool stuff.

So, you're saying this is for real? Not some trickery or optical illusion? Not a figment of someone's imagination? Not a great OR fan club conspiracy? Is EB behind this? We're not being thrown off the true trail? Something to make the other teams waste funds on? Something that could not work in SF's winds, currents, and waves? An escape from Alcatraz? Escape from New York? D.B. Cooper? The Great Train Robbery? Who shot JR? Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

#352 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Unless MSP slipped a pile of peyote buttons in my scrambled eggs yesterday it looked pretty real to me, and it didn't appear the whole SF bay was shut down for OR's exclusive benefit so others might have seen it as well.

#353 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

So, you're saying this is for real? Not some trickery or optical illusion? Not a figment of someone's imagination? Not a great OR fan club conspiracy? Is EB behind this? We're not being thrown off the true trail? Something to make the other teams waste funds on? Something that could not work in SF's winds, currents, and waves? An escape from Alcatraz? Escape from New York? D.B. Cooper? The Great Train Robbery? Who shot JR? Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

I was standing on the grassy knoll and saw it all quite clearly :)

#354 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Well that is something new about foils. Thanks for sharing .:o

#355 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well that is something new about foils. Thanks for sharing .:o

I guess you should have confirmed it then, but nobody would believe you anyway because you're nowhere near the boats. Posted Image

#356 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Posted Image

#357 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

Nice shot - thanks.

#358 nroose

nroose

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

From http://www.sail-worl...elopments/98900 no?

#359 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Great shots - thanks for posting.

Pretty exciting seeing this in action from close up.

#360 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Nice shot - thanks.

No problem . I saw this one posted on a a few sites and thought it fit this thread pretty well.

#361 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Nice shot - thanks.

No problem . I saw this one posted on a a few sites and thought it fit this thread pretty well.

But are you sure it wasn't photo shopped or the boat was just launched off a wave Posted Image

#362 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

From http://www.sail-worl...elopments/98900 no?

Huh! What am I missing?

This article is exactly one month old -- published 24th June --and has already been through the wringer here!

#363 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,464 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Well I missed the first release - have to admit I can't catch everything that gets posted.

#364 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Nice shot - thanks.

But are you sure it wasn't photo shopped or the boat was just launched off a wave Posted Image

It was bing towed by a Protector but they photo shopped the tow line out .

#365 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Nice shot - thanks.

SWS must be right, it was posted on SA.

Well I missed the first release - have to admit I can't catch everything that gets posted.

Well, that was most part of this thread.

#366 ~HHN92~

~HHN92~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Nice shot - thanks.

Replacing the J29 in the Viagra ad? :o

#367 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Nice shot - thanks.

Replacing the J29 in the Viagra ad? :o

That's where they got the idea :)

#368 Dyneema_forever

Dyneema_forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Sailing and red dyneema, grey is cool too actually

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

http://blueplanettim...racle4close.jpg

#369 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

http://blueplanettim...racle4close.jpg

:( Not again .. acorn but no fence this time?

#370 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,777 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

And there's that loopy line down below again, we've seen that before.

I wonder when this photo was taken?

#371 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

21st Feb 2012 5.40pm

#372 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,777 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

21st Feb 2012 5.40pm

Thanks - almost posted a Feb guess.

X, iirc the only time we saw a fence was in what was likely a send-up photo, from on JS's FB page after a day out with that kitesurfer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users