46 replies to this topic

#1 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

A Second Bond Hearing is set for Friday, for George Zimmerman. Atty asks for similar bond conditions to the first bond, revoked when it was learned that Zimmerman had a lot more money than his wife let-on. Yeah he has money now, but it has been moved to where he lacks access to it.

Should he get bail again? Why or why not?

I say yeah, he's not a flight risk without access to the funds. Hike the bond up a bit and let him loose with same conditions of monitoring.

#2 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

The guy does not appear to be a flight risk, nor serious danger to society at this point. Bail is appropriate.

#3 tq2000

tq2000

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:boats and bourbon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Sure, bail and ankle jewelry

#4 Me too

Me too

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

They could have done this three weeks ago. Why did O'Mara put it off till now?

#5 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

I think some punishment needed to be shown.

#6 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

So - who's the spokesman for the outraged masses, and how does the DA contact this person to see whether or not the decision is OK?

#7 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

So - who's the spokesman for the outraged masses, and how does the DA contact this person to see whether or not the decision is OK?

O'Mara is Zimmermans lawyer. His decision not to pursue could have been influenced by a number of things. One of which might be a desire to let things cool down a tad before the religious figures show up in town demanding vengeance.

#8 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

O'Mara is Zimmermans lawyer. His decision not to pursue could have been influenced by a number of things. One of which might be a desire to let things cool down a tad before the religious figures show up in town demanding vengeance.

Understood, sir - but, I kinda figured that the DA/Special Prosecutor would need to consult the masses before deciding on this.

On a tangent - I wonder whether Jail is cheaper for Zimmerman than paying for someplace to hide.

#9 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Understood, sir - but, I kinda figured that the DA/Special Prosecutor would need to consult the masses before deciding on this.

On a tangent - I wonder whether Jail is cheaper for Zimmerman than paying for someplace to hide.

The masses seem to have quieted down quite a bit, since the case made its way into the courts. One might posit that the masses just wanted the case in front of a jury.

#10 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,761 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Z-Boi can't possibly be flight risk given the lack of common sense he's shown in the past. I doubt he could find the fuking airport following a road marked with 'Zona ice tea cans & Skittles.....

#11 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

I say no he is a deceitful liar, and after all the young innocent teenager he killed can't leave his grave.

#12 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,761 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

I say no he is a deceitful liar, and after all the young innocent teenager he killed can't leave his grave.

If only the tax rate on ammo was 10,000%, Trayvon would still alive....

#13 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Probably true. Though i think the real culprit was the concealed weapon permit he had. That nimrod should never had one. Come to think of it other than off duty law enforcement no one should.

Problem solved

#14 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

The masses seem to have quieted down quite a bit, since the case made its way into the courts. One might posit that the masses just wanted the case in front of a jury.

Sol - I'm going to hope that you're right.

#15 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

If that's the rationale, I guess we can fire a lot of DAs and just do phone polls.

#16 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

A day after killing Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman passed a police lie detector test when asked if he confronted the teenager and whether he feared for his life “when you shot Posted Imagethe guy,” according to documents released today by Florida prosecutors.

According to a “confidential report” prepared by the Sanford Police Department, Zimmerman, 28, willingly submitted to a computer voice stress analyzer (CVSA) “truth verification” on February 27. Investigators concluded that he “has told substantially the complete truth in regards to this examination.”

Zimmerman, the report noted, “was classified as No Deception Indicated (NDI).”

Along with questions about whether his first name was George and if it was Monday, Zimmerman was asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”

Before the CVSA test, Zimmerman--who was apparently not accompanied by legal counsel--signed a Sanford Police Department release stating that he was undergoing the examination “voluntarily, without duress, coercion, threat or promise.”

The lie detector test was requested by Chris Serino, a homicide investigator with the Sanford Police Department

#17 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

A day after killing Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman passed a police lie detector test when asked if he confronted the teenager and whether he feared for his life “when you shot Posted Imagethe guy,” according to documents released today by Florida prosecutors.

According to a “confidential report” prepared by the Sanford Police Department, Zimmerman, 28, willingly submitted to a computer voice stress analyzer (CVSA) “truth verification” on February 27. Investigators concluded that he “has told substantially the complete truth in regards to this examination.”

Zimmerman, the report noted, “was classified as No Deception Indicated (NDI).”

Along with questions about whether his first name was George and if it was Monday, Zimmerman was asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”

Before the CVSA test, Zimmerman--who was apparently not accompanied by legal counsel--signed a Sanford Police Department release stating that he was undergoing the examination “voluntarily, without duress, coercion, threat or promise.”

The lie detector test was requested by Chris Serino, a homicide investigator with the Sanford Police Department

They should of asked him if he was a racist white guy, hell bent on stopping assholes from getting away.

#18 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

Not really sure how that factors into the decision on bail.

btw, the prosecution is releasing information too.

#19 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

If that's the rationale, I guess we can fire a lot of DAs and just do phone polls.

of course, it's good to have some time served it you are going to get a minor charge guilty and sentenced to time served.

#20 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

It's good even if you get murder 2. Let him sit it will hasten his eventual release

#21 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Some interesting statements and suppositions - look at page "8 of 13".

#22 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Some interesting statements and suppositions - look at page "8 of 13".

Quite a smorgasbord in there. If it makes it to trial, it's gonna be quite a show.

#23 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,763 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

A depraved individual who commits imminently dangerous acts should not be let out, period. If that's what he is, that answers the question...

Here's what the prosecution has to show, from 782.04(2), Florida Statutes.

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual

I see three elements. Unlawful killing, imminently dangerous act, depraved mind.

#24 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

A depraved individual who commits imminently dangerous acts should not be let out, period. If that's what he is, that answers the question...

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual

I see three elements. Unlawful killing, imminently dangerous act, depraved mind.

Is there something inaccurate there?

How do the elements of the crime charged effect whether or not the defendant should get bail in this case?

#25 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,763 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

How do the elements of the crime charged effect whether or not the defendant should get bail in this case?

Mistaking effect for affect is an odd mistake for a lawyer. :lol:

#26 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Mistaking effect for affect is an odd mistake for a lawyer. :lol:

I have been known to cast pearls to the swine from time to time.

#27 Me too

Me too

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Prosecution case to revolve around Zimmerman's failure to tell Martin he was neighborhood watch when confronted / jumped by Martin.

#28 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

bail, yes.

#29 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,763 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Is there something inaccurate there?

Sorry, forgot to answer your questions.

No, I see nothing inaccurate.

If the charges are accurate, that means that he might identify another asshole who was about to get away and gun him down in cold blood once again. We don't need that kind of person out on bail.

Soon the reptile will be along to agree with me, so you'll know for sure I'm right. ;)

#30 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I agree guy killed someone ( kid) he might kill again can't risk it

#31 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, we should just execute him right now.

#32 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,763 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the endorsement, BG. It means every bit as much as ever. ;)

#33 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Innovation, Web Development, Writing, etc.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

If, and that's a big if, he passed a mental health screening, then bail might be in order. Based on the interviews and some other stuff, I fear the guy could be unstable...

#34 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, we should just execute him right now.

No the death penalty is immoral. Beside he is facing murder 2. Aanything more than 20 year would be uncalled for

#35 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

No the death penalty is immoral.

What's the basis for that?

#36 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

Streaming Live

#37 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Lawyer for GZ reintroducing evidence the court has already seen. Is that all he's got?

Troubling

#38 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Emt testifying he wasn't bleeding when we got there GZ told him to see a doctor in 24 hours.

Not significant injury...

#39 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

An anti-Jew in the zoo: Elmo kicked out of Central Park Zoo
Published: 3:42 PM 06/25/2012

By Stephen Elliot - The Daily Caller

Posted Image

NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 23: Elmo is seen in Times Square on March 23, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images)Police removed a mentally disturbed man in an Elmo costume from New York City’s Central Park Zoo on Sunday afternoon.

The man was spouting anti-Jewish insults, including encouraging visitors at the zoo to read “The International Jew” — an anti-Semitic series of pamphlets published by Henry Ford.

The anti-Semitic Elmo made his first appearance in 2009 in Times Square, demanding people give him money to take pictures of him. Berating people who refused to give him money, Elmo said, “Elmo needs to make a living too.” He popped up again in 2010

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz1zCFbpkq4

#40 Adolph Soapdish (R)

Adolph Soapdish (R)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Parties!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Free George!

#41 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Emt testifying he wasn't bleeding when we got there GZ told him to see a doctor in 24 hours.

Not significant injury...

Good enough for a Purple Heart.

#42 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,632 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

The judge has access to way more information than any of us and we would be fools to offer our opinions when we have neither the experience nor the information necessary to discuss teh issue much less question those who have studied law for many years and are now serving our community by working for the legal system.

#43 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

The judge has access to way more information than any of us and we would be fools to offer our opinions when we have neither the experience nor the information necessary to discuss teh issue much less question those who have studied law for many years and are now serving our community by working for the legal system.

Yeah, submission to authority. THAT's what America is all about.

#44 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Free George!

How about Discounted George? BTW Adolph, you wouldn't happen to be running for office? I think there's a bunch of folks who would vote for you.

#45 Adolph Soapdish (R)

Adolph Soapdish (R)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Parties!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Free George!

How about Discounted George? BTW Adolph, you wouldn't happen to be running for office? I think there's a bunch of folks who would vote for you.

I am not running for office at the moment, but I am obviously qualified.

#46 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,186 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Free George!

No Dove!

#47 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,124 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Free George!

No Dove!

I prefer Ivory myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users