997 replies to this topic

#901 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Wait, we can't read one thing in a vacuum and then cry foul.  What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to go from the NOR that says DH is it's own fleet, acknowledge that it's not part of the PHRF fleet, but then say it's part of the PHRF fleet anyway because...well just because.  It should be obvious to those that have done the race that when the RC says integrated, they mean in terms of starts.  Beyond that it's clear as day that the plain meaning of the NOR says DH is a fleet entirely separate from the PHRF fleet.

How anyone feels the race "should" be scored is another matter, but it shouldn't be confused with how it has always been scored, how the docs said it was supposed to be scored, and how it eventually was.  Should the docs be cleaned up? Yes, and I expect they will, but it's getting pretty tiring seeing people hiding behind sockpuppets and long dormant accounts impugning others' integrity.

This isn't taking anything away from Weegie, from all accounts they sailed a hell of a race, and were well deserving of their fleet win but that's where it ends.  

Frankly if I was on the RC or organizing committee, after seeing all of this I'd be very tempted to say the hell with all of you.

Frankley,CD is rite!  Frurthur discussione mite macke SS crew feelle bad with trophey and SCYC feelle bad fore givinit to them.

Moovaloungue peopel!      :)

#902 Carbonhelm

Carbonhelm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Seems to be mute point. Why carry on about this. The party's drop the protest.

I think both party's agreed the rule needs to be chamge. Infacted it's not a rule. But an award. Phrf fleet is scoring body. Not, ltype of boat or the way it is sailed. To change a award because of this is stupid.

From what I have heard. And to try to be as neutral as posable. It is unlike the RC or awards people not to prays all great things that happen in there race. With this mind. I was told nothing was said about the performance of the boat in question? Nothing was said about fastest time in the entire race? That makes no sence.

#903 Carbonhelm

Carbonhelm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Wait, we can't read one thing in a vacuum and then cry foul.  What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to go from the NOR that says DH is it's own fleet, acknowledge that it's not part of the PHRF fleet, but then say it's part of the PHRF fleet anyway because...well just because.  It should be obvious to those that have done the race that when the RC says integrated, they mean in terms of starts.  Beyond that it's clear as day that the plain meaning of the NOR says DH is a fleet entirely separate from the PHRF fleet.

How anyone feels the race "should" be scored is another matter, but it shouldn't be confused with how it has always been scored, how the docs said it was supposed to be scored, and how it eventually was.  Should the docs be cleaned up? Yes, and I expect they will, but it's getting pretty tiring seeing people hiding behind sockpuppets and long dormant accounts impugning others' integrity.

This isn't taking anything away from Weegie, from all accounts they sailed a hell of a race, and were well deserving of their fleet win but that's where it ends.  

Frankly if I was on the RC or organizing committee, after seeing all of this I'd be very tempted to say the hell with all of you.

Frankley,CD is rite!  Frurthur discussione mite macke SS crew feelle bad with trophey and SCYC feelle bad fore givinit to them.

Moovaloungue peopel!      :)

To prove your point. Has there been another example in the history of the race? Were best correct time was not given the trophy?

#904 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

dead-horse.gif

#905 Carbonhelm

Carbonhelm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Very Good! I like that.

#906 BlondeWithFreeBoat

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Things that float

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Not directing this at any blondewithafreeboat [who in their right mind would] :)..... 

I'd pity the fool.... :P

#907 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

dead-horse.gif

three yeares in a rowe.......  and nowe foure somthing completey diffrent.               :)

#908 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

The Race committee and the organizing authotity should follow the Sis and the NOR that THEY wrote. It shouldn't require an appeal. They should just do it.  Did Weegie race in a PHRF division? If not, under what system were they scored?

#909 BlondeWithFreeBoat

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

The Race committee and the organizing authotity should follow the Sis and the NOR that THEY wrote. It shouldn't require an appeal. They should just do it.  Did Weegie race in a PHRF division? If not, under what system were they scored?

Hi are you new here? FFS.... The docs they wrote say DH will be integrated (as in, for the start) with PHRF but SCORED AS A SEPARATE FLEET. They're separate on the scratch, per the SIs. They reviewed the request for redress,medic des their ruling stands, and weegie has graciously accepted their decision and moved on (likely with some helpful commentary that they will provide the RC for next year both as regarding the way the docs are phrased and the inclusion if DH racers in overall,Menichini is a completely valid and interesting suggestion).

Why are you the human Groundhog Day?

#910 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hi are you new here? FFS.... The docs they wrote say DH will be integrated (as in, for the start) with PHRF but SCORED AS A SEPARATE FLEET. They're separate on the scratch, per the SIs. They reviewed the request for redress,medic des their ruling stands, and weegie has graciously accepted their decision and moved on (likely with some helpful commentary that they will provide the RC for next year both as regarding the way the docs are phrased and the inclusion if DH racers in overall,Menichini is a completely valid and interesting suggestion).

Pleasae stuff the attittude, thacks.       :)

#911 PeterHuston

PeterHuston

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Pleasae stuff the attittude, thacks.       :)

Please learn to spell, then go fuck yourself.

#912 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

You truly are a blonde. All of the divisions are scored as seperate divisions. This is an overall trophy for the best PHRF scored boat. Take a look at Yachtscoring and see which divisions are PHRF. Blondes have a reputation, but you're pushing it.

#913 BlondeWithFreeBoat

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

You truly are a blonde. All of the divisions are scored as seperate divisions. This is an overall trophy for the best PHRF scored boat. Take a look at Yachtscoring and see which divisions are PHRF. Blondes have a reputation, but you're pushing it.

Really not my fault if you failed basic reading comprehension. If you have all the free time to think on this, I would recommend you call the race committee and ask them your questions above. Straight from the [dead and flogged] horses's mouth.

But while we're on the subject, here's a favorite of mine:
A blonde is driving down the highway past some corn fields when she notices another blonde sitting in a rowboat out in a field. Incensed, she pulls the car over and shouts to the blonde in the boat "hey! It's people like you who give us blondes a bad name. If I could swim I'd come out there and kick your ass!!"

Go ahead, your turn ;)

#914 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Blonde: "What does IDK stand for?"
Brunette: "I don’t know."
Blonde: "OMG, nobody does!"

#915 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Merlin Rockets

Free The Weegie Yacht Club
    FTWYC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hi ?

Blondes have a reputation, but you're pushing it.

you are right, but be careful!

#916 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE
A gorgeous young redhead goes into the doctor's office and said that her body hurt wherever she touched it.
"Impossible!" says the doctor. "Show me."
The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left breast and screamed, then she pushed her elbow and screamed in even more. She pushed her knee and screamed; likewise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream.
The doctor said, "You're not really a redhead, are you?
"Well, no" she said, "I'm actually a blonde."
"I thought so," the doctor said. "Your finger is broken."

#917 BlondeWithFreeBoat

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Blonde: "What does IDK stand for?"Brunette: "I don’t know."Blonde: "OMG, nobody does!"

I like this one! Hadn't heard it yet, very of the moment,

#918 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hi ?

see this blonde:

Attached File  lion.jpg   7.26K   7 downloads

pussycat compared to the one with a free boat................but be my guest and try to go toe to toe....it's fun to watch from the bleacher seats

#919 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi ?

see this blonde:

attachicon.giflion.jpg

pussycat compared to the one with a free boat................but be my guest and try to go toe to toe....it's fun to watch from the bleacher seats

scarjo_popcorn.gif

#920 CrushDigital

CrushDigital

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Won't somebody please think of the children.

#921 BlondeWithFreeBoat

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi ?

see this blonde:
attachicon.giflion.jpg

Is that a.....cougar??? :P

#922 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Duh

#923 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

Won't somebody please think of the children.

teach your children well

#924 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

Blonde: "What does IDK stand for?"Brunette: "I dont know."Blonde: "OMG, nobody does!"

I like this one! Hadn't heard it yet, very of the moment,

A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do. "Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?" The blonde said, "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?" The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch." A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money. "You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."

#925 Akula 1743

Akula 1743

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

exactly, if you look at stamford block and other LIS "big boy" races, overall PHRF or IRC means exactly that - corrected best boat.  al the subsections and legalease and caveats are to segregate the divisions and the different boats.  

winner takes all?  but not in this case.

Then the over all trophy is not the fastest phrf boat!

And if double handed is such an advantage why don't more people do it. I have raced both for over 12 years. All over the world. This is the first race that says double handed is an advantage. The RC did score it different it's called a SEPARATE CLASS.

Trophy=it's a sec class trophy. Lol

#926 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,181 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

If you go sail a race with a full crew thinking you won, but later realize a boat with two people on it that normally would need 5 or 6 to sail efficiently, wouldn't a gentleman just normally do the right thing and give the 1st place trophy to the boat that really finished first? Allowing auto pilot isn't all that special because last time I looked autopilot doesn't trim, cook, keep watch or know how to sort out the weather/current. {edit: or change sails or let you actually sleep}

If the owner of shooting star thinks he's respected for keeping the trophy, he's wrong.

Shooting Star got beaten be a smaller boat with less crew. I'd be embarrassed to say I'm part of that crew if they don't just hand over the trophy.

This.  All the rest of the posts are entertaining, but this is the truth.  

(an interesting revival to a very old thread.  sorry I missed it until now)

#927 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Free thee Weegie!

#928 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Member # 175

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Free thee Weegie!

#929 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Free thee Weegie!

All this, for a hack overall trophy, B)  for a crap shoot race that only hacks do every year  :blink:

#930 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Putte youselfen W's plaice, howe woude expo feelle?

#931 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Putte youselfen W's plaice, howe woude expo feelle?

Screwed

#932 rfarich

rfarich

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Free the Weegie!  (too funny!)  

The takeaway from this experience hopefully is that race documents will be tightened up going forward. 

However...Should we create a separate thread / poll etc., to discuss the "overall" question...

Should DH boats be included in their respective fleets [PHRF/IRC] for overall scoring? 

Perhaps if we come to some statistical conclusion, RC's can be made aware for the future and incorporate this in their decision on how to score...

Anyone know how to set this up? 

#933 rfarich

rfarich

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Free thee Weegie!

All this, for a hack overall trophy, B)  for a crap shoot race that only hacks do every year  :blink:

Have to say I do like the race course.  I've only done the race only 4x but the race incorporates many elements of inshore and [relatively] offshore racing, coupled with strong currents and a significant strategy question on entering LI Sound...What happened to the wind and where do we get some?  This years running had pressure all the way around the course [except for Montauk at sunrise]... We'll be out there next year!

#934 Akula 1743

Akula 1743

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

So you've campaigned your own boat and won it a few times OR you've lost a bunch?  <wink>  Or its beneath you and your world class sailing skills?  

How about you enter next year, I'll pay your entry fee.   You don't win the corrected PHRF #1 Hack Trophy (all divisions all classes like the NOR says i.e. BEST PHRF corrected time)  you pay me back double!  If *I* am on a boat that beats you, then you pay me 4x entry fee?  ( or so this does not sound like a wager or bet, just pay for my (or my designee)  entry fee for the next 4 years?   

Take your time.........T minus 11 months to the gun.  ;-)

#935 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

So you've campaigned your own boat and won it a few times OR you've lost a bunch?  <wink>  Or its beneath you and your world class sailing skills?  

How about you enter next year, I'll pay your entry fee.   You don't win the corrected PHRF #1 Hack Trophy (all divisions all classes like the NOR says i.e. BEST PHRF corrected time)  you pay me back double!  If *I* am on a boat that beats you, then you pay me 4x entry fee?  ( or so this does not sound like a wager or bet, just pay for my (or my designee)  entry fee for the next 4 years?   

You must be one of the hacks I'm talking about. You are talking entry fees as incentive

Let's speak in my terms...

10K and I will start to think it's worthy of my time and my crews. 

#936 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

Free the Weegie!  (too funny!)  

The takeaway from this experience hopefully is that race documents will be tightened up going forward. 

However...Should we create a separate thread / poll etc., to discuss the "overall" question...

Should DH boats be included in their respective fleets [PHRF/IRC] for overall scoring? 

Perhaps if we come to some statistical conclusion, RC's can be made aware for the future and incorporate this in their decision on how to score...

Anyone know how to set this up? 

Yes, if they are being scored PHRF then they should be counted in the overall.

Just think how PATHETIC it is, if a double handed boat beats a fully crewed boat.

Time for golf!!!! B) 

Not talking anything away from the double handed boat, what a great feat!  

#937 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Yes, if they are being scored PHRF then they should be counted in the overall. 

expo hase spokken!   :)

Time for golf!!!! B)

hahahahhahah      :)        

#938 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

Holy crap...that makes sense

#939 rfarich

rfarich

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Holy crap...that makes sense

Haha..OK, working on it:)

#940 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Free the Weegie !!

#941 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

You must be one of the hacks I'm talking about. You are talking entry fees as incentive

Hey A, challange hime to bicke race, I thicke hell do fore ten buckes!       :)

#942 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think you can be pretty certain the 10K wouldn't be espo's dosh Snaggster. We all know Neil funds the program.

#943 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

A 10K dash or evan 50K, its onley licke 30 miles.            :)

#944 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I think you can be pretty certain the 10K wouldn't be espo's dosh Snaggster. We all know Neil funds the program.

Yeah, but 10K is your annual income ;)  

#945 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

You're right, from interest income of liquid assets.

How you been Johnnie? No bicycling this weekend?

#946 Akula 1743

Akula 1743

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

paid mercenaries, eh?   No thanks, too rich for my overtaxed, multi-child burdened have to work-for-a-living lifestyle.     I'll just hack around enjoying my hobby.  I  am constantly learning and growing on my little "station wagon" walrus of a boat or on some other nice 'hack boats'.    Reading your posts you seem/sound a little burnt possibly.  Hacking around sailing and just "messin' around in boats"  is sure a great stress reliever for me?   ~Thomas~

#947 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, but 10K is your annual income ;)  

Speaking of 10k, I ran a 10k this morning and there were special awards for best times among cops and firemen as it was sponsored by a fire department. Do you think if a cop or fireman ran the best overall time, they would have said, no, you won the fireman division, you're not eligible for the overall award?

#948 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

paid mercenaries, eh?   No thanks, too rich for my overtaxed, multi-child burdened have to work-for-a-living lifestyle.     I'll just hack around enjoying my hobby.  I  am constantly learning and growing on my little "station wagon" walrus of a boat or on some other nice 'hack boats'.    Reading your posts you seem/sound a little burnt possibly.  Hacking around sailing and just "messin' around in boats"  is sure a great stress reliever for me?   ~Thomas~

Hack at it! ;)

#949 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Free the Weegie!

#950 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

Free the Weegie!

tiimes to!

#951 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:41 AM

Neidameier DEAD!

#952 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Free the Weegie!

tiimes to!

#953 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Weegie just entered the Greenport Ocean Race. I wonder how many he'll sail with.

#954 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

FTW!

#955 Carbonhelm

Carbonhelm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Free the Wegie!

#956 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Can someone please explain why Shooting Star has not entered the GOR?

Are they ducking Weegie?

And where is their valid liferaft certificate from the Vineyard Race?!

E.B.  

FTW!

#957 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

Edith, Edith, Edith, because it isn't on the YRALIS Sched.

Why would we duck Woegie, we don't do double handed racing.

I tried to get the raft cert for you but the canister wouldn't fit in the scanner.

When will Half Ass....errr Half Moon win a race?

#958 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

Where do I sign up for the Free the Weegie Yacht Club? Are there T Shirts available? Is there a link? Snaggie, can you help us out?

#959 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

I tried to get the raft cert for you but the canister wouldn't fit in the scanner.

Probably soon. After one month of ownership they have hit the podium a few times. They just don't blowhard about it on the Internet. Only you could try to denigrate a boat that has so far only crewed with a Corinthian nuclear family and one non sailor in-law. Hilarious.

They also navigated and crewed and won overall in a 60 mile distance race last Friday night. There is life outside the YRA participation trophy circuit!

Yeah I'd say they are doing fine. All while tending to full time jobs!

FTW!

#960 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

ALIR4

#961 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Probably soon. After one month of ownership they have hit the podium a few times. They just don't blowhard about it on the Internet. Only you could try to denigrate a boat that has so far only crewed with a Corinthian nuclear family and one non sailor in-law. Hilarious.

They also navigated and crewed and won overall in a 60 mile distance race last Friday night. There is life outside the YRA participation trophy circuit!

Yeah I'd say they are doing fine. All while tending to full time jobs!

FTW!

They probably left you on shore? 

#962 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

Bungie on the tiller would do the trick Johnnie.

So Edith, Half Moon triumphed in a non-yra event did she? So like you beat a couple of optis and a bluejay then?

Nice job!

#963 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Jesus you really are fukin clueless.  And it seems you can't read even if you weren't.

Lets just say it had as good or better competition than the ALIR.

And don't let that big dopey wop fire you up.  But at least he races his own boat.

We'll start a collection so you can upgrade that YRA membership. What if they offer you

a beach umbrella, or towel, or Yanni CD  or something for a full membership?  

E.B.

#964 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Funny, I don't see HalfAssed in the results for The Faulkners Island Race.

Since I don't currently own a boat larger than a Laser, nor care about any individual trophies they may award, why would I need to be more than an associate member?

Besides, if you factor in the time I give back, few contribute more Cli.....errrr Edith. So as usual, you are flapping your lips and flailing your arms. It is, after all, what you do best.

And don't be picking on the "big dopey wop", he too gives quite a bit back to sailing.

#965 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

Funny, I don't see HalfAssed in the results for The Faulkners Island Race.

Since I don't currently own a boat larger than a Laser, nor care about any individual trophies they may award, why would I need to be more than an associate member?
Besides, if you factor in the time I give back, few contribute more Cli.....errrr Edith. So as usual, you are flapping your lips and flailing your arms. It is, after all, what you do best.

And don't be picking on the big dumb wop, he too

gives quite a bit back to sailing.

Kind of like all these other issues the last few days around here. Reading comprehension. Nobody said that boat sailed the Faulkner.

At least the big dumb wop took a shot at me and didn't disparage 20 something yr old kid s starting their first program with their first owned keel boat. That's fine.

I can see why the last guy you did work for and sailed with didn't feel good about it. Here is to the long health and happiness of the current guy!

#966 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

So when you are bragging about how well you did last Friday, what you really mean is a boat you were railmeat on did amazingly well despite you?

Don't know what you are on about with disparaging 20 somethings.

And our friend Julien didn't commit suicide as you seem to think for starters. Secondly I hadn't sailed with him for a couple of years at that point. So you may want to edit that before someone knocks you on your ass Moondance.

#967 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thissis uppsetteng stuffe..... plesae stop.

#968 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

So when you are bragging about how well you did last Friday, what you really mean is a boat you were railmeat on did amazingly well despite you?

Don't know what you are on about with disparaging 20 somethings.

And our friend Julien didn't commit suicide as you seem to think for starters. Secondly I hadn't sailed with him for a couple of years at that point. So you may want to edit that before someone knocks you on your ass Moondance.

Too soon?
Sorry I was just on the phone with Vegas. They won't even give odds on that. But I'll edit it because I liked him.

#969 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

Thissis uppsetteng stuffe..... plesae stop.

Sorry Snaggy. But he is a big dumb wop.

#970 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

You are an overweight, beyond middle aged, arthritic white bread type from Fairfield County.
No surprise Vegas would not want to take that bet.
And my guess is that Snaggie is upset you are spewing shit about how JD passed away.

Underdawg, clean up Aisle 7. Moondance is shitting all over the place again!

#971 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

FTW

#972 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

If I were you I would quit before someone plays the nuclear option Moondance.

#973 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

I only regret I have but one life to give for my Weegie

Give me Weegie, or give me death!

FTW !

E.B.

#974 rfarich

rfarich

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

Weegie just entered the Greenport Ocean Race. I wonder how many he'll sail with.

Likely 3-4 crew IP, looking forward to the race! 

[And the mandatory Pub Crawl immediately following!]

The east end races are a great way to extend the season, specifically GOR and the Whitbread.

#975 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

FTW !

E.B.

If that were even remotely true you would have been gone 13 years and 187 screen names ago.

#976 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Likely 3-4 crew IP, looking forward to the race! 

[And the mandatory Pub Crawl immediately following!]

The east end races are a great way to extend the season, specifically GOR and the Whitbread.
 Plusse OUNE!!!! :)

#977 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

FTW !

E.B.

If that were even remotely true you would have been gone 13 years and 187 screen names ago.

Realley? 187??

#978 Notorious B.I.G

Notorious B.I.G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

Jesus you really are fukin clueless.  And it seems you can't read even if you weren't.

And don't let that big dopey wop fire you up.  But at least he races his own boat.

We'll start a collection so you can upgrade that YRA membership. What if they offer you

E.B.

big dopey wop???????? WTF!!!!! thats some racist shit are you gonna start dropping the "N" word on me next moondance or whatever you name is today. Grow up and you loudmouth little fat fuck and spare us your pussy, lips flapping in the wind big stupid mouth.

#979 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

E.B.

big dopey wop???????? WTF!!!!! thats some racist shit are you gonna start dropping the "N" word on me next moondance or whatever you name is today. Grow up and you loudmouth little fat fuck and spare us your pussy, lips flapping in the wind big stupid mouth.

Somewhere a village is missing an idiot. And a douchebag. Congrats! Let's talk!

#980 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

You can never go home again, now can you Edith?

#981 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

I figure that's either Neil, or crew on Shooting Shit. But he's right. It was racist. I should have called him a big dopey dago. Better use of alliteration.

#982 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Shooting Shit? Oh, you mean Shooting Star. The only 5 time winner of The "Windago" Trophy! Bunch of hacks.

And I doubt that BIG is Neil.

#983 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

Shooting Shit? Oh, you mean Shooting Star. The only 5 time winner of The "Windago" Trophy! Bunch of hacks.

And I doubt that BIG is Neil.

I guess then it's either you or Oprah.

#984 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

I don't even know who Notorious B.I.G. is. So Oprah it is I guess.

#985 Edith Bicknell

Edith Bicknell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

FTWYC

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:19 AM

I sent her a pm asking but she didn't reply. I think she is like the Johnny Manziel of WLIS phrf sailing

Sparkling day on the Vineyard today. What a sunset!

#986 Notorious B.I.G

Notorious B.I.G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

"What's your problem you piece of shit? You know who I am. Or did your mama really name you that dumb shit handle you use? Tell me who you are. You are taking SA way to seriously. 

Espo. Is this guy your back stay trimmer?" 

nothing better then winding up an old fat racist loudmouth to the point that he has to PM me the above message while having his little girly tantrum.

​now you tell me who is taking SA too seriously, going racing today so try not to freak out if i don't reply to your sad pathetic reply right away.

and google my handle if you think i made it up "this dumb shit handle"  you out of touch old asshole.

#987 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

Now that is some funny shit right there.

I had no idea who BIG was but now suspect I know.

#988 Notorious B.I.G

Notorious B.I.G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

dumb ass everyone knew this was me but you,  and cmon JT you knew but i guess you forgot, by the way moonshit no more outing people so bye bye,  you have been reported. 

you sure can dish it out but just like a child you got upset when you got it thrown your way so you had to go digging until you satisfied yourself found out it was me and then shit on me about problems i solved and a chapter that is closed

Maybe we will meet some day after a race, I really look forward to meeting you, little bitch

#989 inhiding

inhiding

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

Such a fun group.

#990 interested party

interested party

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:49 PM

BTW, Free The Weegie

#991 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, booze and easy women.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

I saw Moondance on the water today. What a fat bastard.

#992 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

Free The Edith!!

#993 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Free Willy

#994 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Free Masons

Free Beer

Free Blowjobs

#995 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

I see you avoided "Free Concerts".

#996 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

You guys are pussies. Whaaaa! Edith called me names.
That you went and got her flicked is a Notoriously Big PUSSY move.
There goes the fun.

#997 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

I think the real funny part is that B.I.G. is whining about being outed and goes and outs someone else in the same breath.
Perhaps he needs to be reported and banned?

#998 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

we our pathetick......

free the weejie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users