I watched the "How to splice Swiftcord" video on the Maffioli website. Unless I'm missing something it looks like they are leaving tape inside the eyesplice:
- first, you run a messenger through
- taper and wrap the taper with tape
- tie the messenger to the taper
- pull the taper through with the messenger
- clip off the messenger and milk
I was thinking (while I wait for my 10mm Swiftcord to arrive) that it would be better to make the bury longer, taper it, tape it, pull the entire taper through, snip off the taped taper off and then retaper. Then pull the new taper back in. Yeah, costs more rope but everything is clean with no tape in the eyesplice. Bareback.