54 replies to this topic

#1 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

in order to do the Bermuda race i had to have my stuff shipped from my car in philly while i was in florida (last minute call to do the race). unfortunately, my dinghy gear bag got shipped by accident. At some point in time i had (i thought) transferred the bag to the tacticians car from the owner's car so that i could get it back after the race. Since neither party has it, nor anybody else who drove to Newport, i can only guess that i put the bag (as well as a couple of miscellaneous items) into the wrong car at NYYC.

So, if you came home from Newport with a blue-mesh gear/athletic bag full of a bunch of dinghy gear, please let me know. Im kind of on my last hope here to not have to replace all of my gear. I dont care about the other stuff like my ipod. you can keep it. I'm offering a $150 reward to get the gear back, in addition to whatever it costs to ship. I can't conceive of how it got into the wrong car, but, its the only explanation i can find since no one has noticed the bag. I know that the bag was at least in a car since i had to hop off the boat at the NYYC dock before we went out to the startline to get a shackle out of my bag, which was sitting on the backseat of a car. I have contacted the NYYC to see if anyone turned in a gear bag to them, but they havent seen anything.

short story:

lost a blue athletic bag with sailing gear (wetsuit, trap harness, etc)
lost at the NYYC on start day for npt-bda, last seen around 10:15am before we motored out to the start
$150 to get it back, in addition to shipping costs
check your gear, ask your friends, ask your friends to ask their friends....

#2 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

bummere dude..... Ille askes aronde :)

#3 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

me thinks another explanation could be that someone stole the bag out of the obviously unlocked car

#4 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,175 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Shame your sneakers weren't in it....it would have been safe from everyone but the hazmat team.....wait a second, were your sneakers or booties in the bag? Did you check with the hazmat team?

#5 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

me thinks another explanation could be that someone stole the bag out of the obviously unlocked car

believe me, the thought has crossed my mind - but no one even has the empty suitcase in their possesion... or a pair of jeans... would a thief really bother to steal those things? from the waterfront of the NYYC? its not outside the realm of reason - but i still have hope a simple mistake was made somewhere (like the gear bag got thrown in a crewmember's garage and they just forgot about it and never actually looked for it when i asked if anyone has seen it.... or i threw it in the wrong car)

#6 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

remember reading something over in GA about a found Blue Bag at NYYC

It had a pair of Speedo's a box of 99 (one missing) extra small condoms (patuli oil sainted) a pair of pink platform crocks and an overdue VHS of BORAT

Back to topic

Actually that Really Sucks & I hope it turns up from this thread

#7 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

It had a pair of Speedo's a box of 99 (one missing) extra small condoms (patuli oil sainted) a pair of pink platform crocks and an overdue VHS of BORAT

I freaking laughed hard at this one, thanks Woodster.

D I'll keep a look out for it at the NYYC Sailing Center while I'm up there next week. Hope someone found it...

#8 sumpin

sumpin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts
  • Interests:scallop mining and rudder fairing
    stair falling book cover mending

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Back to topic

Actually that Really Sucks & I hope it turns up from this thread

wow, that was actually funny

#9 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Never thought I would see the day - that was fricken hilarious.

#10 TimFordi550#87

TimFordi550#87

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well played, Woodster.
Best of luck mustang, I hate this kind of stuff and know the feeling all too well...

#11 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Shame your sneakers weren't in it....it would have been safe from everyone but the hazmat team.....wait a second, were your sneakers or booties in the bag? Did you check with the hazmat team?

Now if you had an invite for the race, I would have to think you stole it, so you could sell what's in it to pay July's mortgage payment on that bungelow in Larchmont that you say you own.

#12 Kack

Kack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Do you remember what kind of car? Color? Smell? Did you have to move a dead hooker out of the way to get to your bag? Could aid in the search.

#13 USA389

USA389

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Checked my trunk...wasn't there. I think you can rule the theft option out...hope it turns up soon man!

#14 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

believe me, the thought has crossed my mind - but no one even has the empty suitcase in their possesion... or a pair of jeans... would a thief really bother to steal those things? from the waterfront of the NYYC? its not outside the realm of reason - but i still have hope a simple mistake was made somewhere (like the gear bag got thrown in a crewmember's garage and they just forgot about it and never actually looked for it when i asked if anyone has seen it.... or i threw it in the wrong car)

A tiny little thief who doesn't mind stinky clothing that might need a harness for junior sailing. Some people steal because they can. Doesn't matter if you are at NYYC or parked on Jerome ave.

#15 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Checked my trunk...wasn't there. I think you can rule the theft option out...hope it turns up soon man!

If it was in your trunk you would have been able to smell it from the front seat.

#16 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Mustang, maybe itd help if youd describe what the car looked like that you left your crap in?

#17 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Thats the problem - im having a helleva time trying to remember that part. I think it was a tan/silver/lightly colored small SUV'ish thing. The last time i saw it/the bag was around 10:15am at the waterfront at the bottom of the steps. The interior was lightly colored/tan. I'm fairly certain at this point it was the owner's (wife's) car, who i have been in contact with. the more i think about it the less i remember switching cars and the more i think someone up and stole the gear - or its in a garage with other misc boat parts et; although given the email string with her, thats becoming a more remote possibility.

#18 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image
It was Left Hook's car

#19 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

A tiny little thief who doesn't mind stinky clothing that might need a harness for junior sailing. Some people steal because they can. Doesn't matter if you are at NYYC or parked on Jerome ave.

HEY, leave the Bronx alone!

#20 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Posted Image
It was Left Hook's car

Nice!

#21 Mylar

Mylar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ya, somebody stole my bag from NYYC in Newport before the Bermuda race. It was green and white and said Rolex on the side. It had 17 orange NYYC regatta hats...
Any body find it, pm me.

#22 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ya, somebody stole my bag from NYYC in Newport before the Bermuda race. It was green and white and said Rolex on the side. It had 17 orange NYYC regatta hats...
Any body find it, pm me.

remember reading something over in GA about a green and white bag found at NYYC ................................................................................. Posted Image

#23 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

well to whatever fuckhead stole my gear bag and is using my wetsuit, jokes on you because i ate at Tacobell and then went sailing at some point in that wetsuits history....

in any event, here at 470 nats im really missing my own trap harness - magic marine sucks!

#24 chaosmaster

chaosmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Matt,

I'm having flashbacks to pretending to be Gene Hackman under the tracks on my way to/from the old Yankee stadium!

Thanx,

Chaos

#25 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,484 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Some guy from Detroit grabbed it, after breaking the owner's daughter in half. Check in the team van, under the .6 runner. (Long story)

PS... What a lawn!

#26 dde

dde

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Any body find it, pm me.

http://providence.craigslist.org/wan/3105243733.html

#27 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

This should do the trick. You will have it back in no time.

Posted Image

#28 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

to funnie LB, carrie on.

:)

#29 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Some guy from Detroit grabbed it, after breaking the owner's daughter in half. Check in the team van, under the .6 runner. (Long story)

PS... What a lawn!

The last boat race that included someone that lived in the city of detroit, they werent sailing, they were rowing...

PS, it actually wasnt his daughter, it was his wife!

#30 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,767 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Sorry fella. Nothin' quite sucks like ahving your personal shit disappear. it takes years to get your gear bag as you want it and ...well actually I never have had one just right.

but I did have my gear bags swiped from my vehicles three diferet=nt times over teh eyars and NEVER at a yacht club.

So whoever took my shit didn't even get to go someplace, open teh bags and celebrate. My hundreds of dollars worth of great stuf ended up in some dumpster or stream bed..

what a fukkin waste.

reading your posts just pisses me off all over again!!!

One other thing. DO NOT ever stay at the West Atlantic Beach Comfort Inn. Fuckers broke into my van there and stole all my shit and Comfort Inn didn't even offer me a comped room.

I stopped late at night. In the morning light it was apparent the place was in the middle of the New Joisey Crack and meth capitol

Man...Now I am pised about that too!!

Fuckers who steal stuff. the Middle east has that one right...ut of their fuckkin hands!!!

#31 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Fuckers who steal stuff. the Middle east has that one right...ut of their fuckkin hands!!!

+1

#32 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hey Stang...we found your sailing gloves mate.

A cold beer'll get 'em back. :P

Posted Image

#33 MacGregor_Lover

MacGregor_Lover

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Any body find it, pm me.

http://providence.cr...3105243733.html

What a fucking tool.

#34 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

raising my reward to $300. if you see this, and you're in Newport from wednesday-sunday, and want that money which is far more than anything in that bag is worth used, contact me through PM and i will contact NYYC sailing office to organize an exchange. so long as everything is there, you get paid in full and no questions asked.

reward is now $300.

#35 Par Avion

Par Avion

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting, sailing, beer.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

A lot of us will be up in Newport this weekend. I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for ya.

#36 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

raising my reward to $300. if you see this, and you're in Newport from wednesday-sunday, and want that money which is far more than anything in that bag is worth used, contact me through PM and i will contact NYYC sailing office to organize an exchange. so long as everything is there, you get paid in full and no questions asked.

reward is now $300.

Was it blue meshy kinda bag with some vile neoprene and stuff in it?

#37 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

do we hear $400

#38 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,583 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

the stinky gear in the bag was prolly tossed as soon as the car driver closed his windows and put the ac on.. ;)

#39 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

reward is now $300.

Yes, that's the bag.

#40 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

reward is now $300.

Yes, that's the bag.

Dide you no the worde gullibelle is notte in the dictioery?

#41 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,583 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

reward is now $300.

Yes, that's the bag.

Dide you no the worde gullibelle is notte in the dictioery?

:P :blink: :lol:

#42 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

reward is now $300.

Yes, that's the bag.

Nope, never saw it....

#43 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

That's what I get for trying to help mustang get his smelly bag back

#44 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Up in Newport and just left NYYC saw a gear bag in the woods, I just took a shit in it. I think that is the one that's been missing, since the Bermuda race

#45 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's what I get for trying to help mustang get his smelly bag back

Youre stille talkling abote teh blue mexh geare bag...... rite?

#46 ssi

ssi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Anyone finding irony here in that two most chest-thumping "anarchists" are discussing all the time they spend at NYYC?

Did you wipe the leather couch in the toilet after the assfuck by the membership? Lesbo is concerned, he don't like shitting on a blood stained couch.

#47 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

do you spende aloota time thicking abote theise things?

#48 ssi

ssi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

No, this one just jumped out at me. If I were Mr. Mustang the First, I'd be fucking embarrassed to admit I was at NYYC, unless, of course, I was there to fuck member's wifey and then sneak out with his daugther. But INOSR's response "I'll check out when I am hanging out at their sailing center next time" certainly takes the prize.

These little cunts don't even know who wrote this
"I can't wait forthis weekend so that I can shit in the gutters of this fine institution,and give the sweet, sweet bang fuck to a
prestigious members overweight, low self-esteemeddaughter, or possibly some members unsatisfied wife. For every half hullin that shithole there is a corresponding member who is a complete andutter
assfuck. For ever assfuck member there is a captains hat, a bluesports coat with gold embroidery with matching Nantucket red slacks anda green whale belt hanging in the cedar closet with the following instructions,"Apply uniform liberally when required for sailing events,birthdays, or whenever Judge Smails says the letter 'Q'. When wearingthe uniform it is necessary to act like a complete jackass by
ignoring people that you determine to be of equalor lesser value. These people will are easily recognizable by their lackof uniform. Do not show said people any modicum of respect, in fact, ifpossible have your butler beat them with bamboo switches while wearinguniforms from the Imperialist British era. Remove uniform whensodomizing other high rankingmember in the ultra-gay menís room (with leather viewing couch for addederotic perversions.)"

#49 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Ist a nise place, I recogmend a visit theire butte youre rite it shoud not be focalle pointe time in Newp.

Guesse Ime littelle cunte to...... thats ok :)

#50 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

No, this one just jumped out at me. If I were Mr. Mustang the First, I'd be fucking embarrassed to admit I was at NYYC, unless, of course, I was there to fuck member's wifey and then sneak out with his daugther. But INOSR's response "I'll check out when I am hanging out at their sailing center next time" certainly takes the prize.

"I can't wait forthis weekend so that I can shit in the gutters of this fine institution,and give the sweet, sweet bang fuck to a
prestigious members overweight, low self-esteemeddaughter, or possibly some members unsatisfied wife. For every half hullin that shithole there is a corresponding member who is a complete andutter
assfuck. For ever assfuck member there is a captains hat, a bluesports coat with gold embroidery with matching Nantucket red slacks anda green whale belt hanging in the cedar closet with the following instructions,"Apply uniform liberally when required for sailing events,birthdays, or whenever Judge Smails says the letter 'Q'. When wearingthe uniform it is necessary to act like a complete jackass by
ignoring people that you determine to be of equalor lesser value. These people will are easily recognizable by their lackof uniform. Do not show said people any modicum of respect, in fact, ifpossible have your butler beat them with bamboo switches while wearinguniforms from the Imperialist British era. Remove uniform whensodomizing other high rankingmember in the ultra-gay menís room (with leather viewing couch for addederotic perversions.)"

I like your style

#51 Sheethead

Sheethead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Sierra Nevada, Harpoon, Bushmills, Mt. Gay, Svedka

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

ignoring people that you determine to be of equalor lesser value. These people will are easily recognizable by their lackof uniform. Do not show said people any modicum of respect, in fact, ifpossible have your butler beat them with bamboo switches while wearinguniforms from the Imperialist British era. Remove uniform whensodomizing other high rankingmember in the ultra-gay men's room (with leather viewing couch for addederotic perversions.)"

Membership application rejected???

#52 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, booze and easy women.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

ignoring people that you determine to be of equalor lesser value. These people will are easily recognizable by their lackof uniform. Do not show said people any modicum of respect, in fact, ifpossible have your butler beat them with bamboo switches while wearinguniforms from the Imperialist British era. Remove uniform whensodomizing other high rankingmember in the ultra-gay men's room (with leather viewing couch for addederotic perversions.)"

Please continue your rant. Today is going to be a slow day at work for me.

#53 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

#54 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

not sure what SSI's problem is, its probably LH's newest handle, but in any case i dont have any issue at all with NYYC. they put on a decent event and the people there pump a lot of money into the industry.

in any case, that bag didnt stink. if it stank like my regular gear bag (nearly totally different set of gear) during college sailing i would have found it by now.

#55 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

Did you wipe the leather couch in the toilet after the assfuck by the membership?

Clearly you were made to and are not very happy about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users