7 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Bob

Billy Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

This has been a good, competitive race and is just now in the closing stages. A Pearson Triton may take the whole thing overall.

The race tracker has been awesome.

http://singlehandedt...om/race-viewer/

#2 dudette

dudette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Agreed, can't believe the race has gotten no love in the forums despite the couple of plugs in the front page. Go Turbo Camper!!!

#3 LeoV

LeoV

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Topic was placed in Sailing forum.

#4 Billy Bob

Billy Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Cal 40 lookin good for overall. Looks like H33 second to finish. Close and competitive in all classes. One of the best years in a while. Hopefully there will be a follow up (on the front page) when it's all over!

#5 SereneSpeed

SereneSpeed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:this stuff and other stuff

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I have really enjoyed the personal updates from the compeditors.

My link

#6 Billy Bob

Billy Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

Great job Ronnie Simpson and a very nice article. The Moore 24 is an awesome boat. it was great to hear his (your) account of how far the electronics have come since I won it on a Moore 24 in 1980. I was using a sextant 3 time a day and carried a deep cycle battery for compass lights ,a knot meter, Auto helm, and a generator to keep it all charged and going. Glad Jeff Thorp (aka Elvis) helped you so much. his experiences with a Moore 24 would have gone back to my heyday. Again awesome job to all the competitors and to Ronnie for winning the hardest and most technical class to win.

#7 frankda1959

frankda1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:FT-10, moore 24, ocean racing

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Great job Ronnie Simpson and a very nice article. The Moore 24 is an awesome boat. it was great to hear his (your) account of how far the electronics have come since I won it on a Moore 24 in 1980. I was using a sextant 3 time a day and carried a deep cycle battery for compass lights ,a knot meter, Auto helm, and a generator to keep it all charged and going. Glad Jeff Thorp (aka Elvis) helped you so much. his experiences with a Moore 24 would have gone back to my heyday. Again awesome job to all the competitors and to Ronnie for winning the hardest and most technical class to win.

#8 frankda1959

frankda1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:FT-10, moore 24, ocean racing

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Congrats to Ronnie for the class win and more importantly for the boat rescue. No way I could drive a Moore that long! ...might have won overall if he took a generator. "Hi-tech" (solar only) is not always the best way to go! I navigated with sextant on a Moore in the Pac Cup during 90! Won a GPS for the Navigator award. (which I took in the 92 race)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users