• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Doublewide

Doublewide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

After 4 years of lliving aboard and cruising about the Gulf Coast and the Bahamas we must pass this boat on to the next person wanting to Live their dream.

Race winner Georgetown "Round the Island Race 2011"

2nd place Georgetown Exuma to Long Island Race 2010

See www.doublewidecat.com

check with Finish Line Stuart FL

Attached Files

#2 the_abandoned_brane

the_abandoned_brane

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

link to your SA ad?

#3 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Funny idea of fast.We use them as turning marks round here.

#4 im hungry

im hungry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Funny idea of fast.We use them as turning marks round here.

now's a time i wish anarchy had a like button

#5 Clipper

Clipper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, I saw the word 'fast' in the same sentence as sea wind and was very confused....

#6 PIL007

PIL007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars-Fast Boats-Fast Woman and Beer

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Well marketed, yes.........Fast, NO

#7 Bill Gibbs

Bill Gibbs

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

He did say "fast cruising cat"

But there is no doubt "fast" gets misued in a lot of boat descriptions.

What does it rate?

#8 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

He did say "fast cruising cat"

But there is no doubt "fast" gets misued in a lot of boat descriptions.

What does it rate?

On OMR 628
F 27 817
F9 908
Thats about 20 min per hundred slower than an F27.

#9 joey g

joey g

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

I think in SFL phrf it rates a 116, while an F27 formula will rate 48.
Joe

#10 tomfla

tomfla

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:photography and skin/SCUBA diving

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Wow, tough crowd here. I was in Stuart a couple of weekends ago and looked at a Seawind 1000xl docked next to this Seawind 1160. The same broker is selling both of them. I wanted to compare a C31CC to the 1000xl. What the broker said was the Seawind was ~2/3-3/4 wind speed boat while the C31 was more like a 100%+ wind speed boat.

I have to say the 1000xl looked to be a very comfortable boat for cruising in the Bahamas, not to mention being a very cost effective choice. I still want to check out a PDQ and Gemini but my understanding is the Seawind is faster than both of them.

#11 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Wow, tough crowd here. I was in Stuart a couple of weekends ago and looked at a Seawind 1000xl docked next to this Seawind 1160. The same broker is selling both of them. I wanted to compare a C31CC to the 1000xl. What the broker said was the Seawind was ~2/3-3/4 wind speed boat while the C31 was more like a 100%+ wind speed boat.

I have to say the 1000xl looked to be a very comfortable boat for cruising in the Bahamas, not to mention being a very cost effective choice. I still want to check out a PDQ and Gemini but my understanding is the Seawind is faster than both of them.

Yep they are pretty brutal. But you have to understand where they are coming from, most of these guys are performance oriented to the exclusion of everything else, eg some (one?) of the commentators sail on Cynaphobe which looks like this: Cynaphobe racing

Beaut boat, but you probably aint gunna cruise the Bahamas on it.

#12 THOR

THOR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Location:brown water white knuckle racing, former Member Number 1957

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

there is no comparison between those 3 boats .... Seawind is the clear winner.... I wouldnt even bother lookin at the oter ones ...

thor

#13 tomfla

tomfla

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:photography and skin/SCUBA diving

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

there is no comparison between those 3 boats .... Seawind is the clear winner.... I wouldnt even bother lookin at the oter ones ...

thor

There is certainly no comparison between the prices of the three boats. The Gemini also has an advantage in terms of getting into places not deep enough for the other two.

For a lot of folks the real question is not which boat is the best, almost every one would take a Gunboat (insert your favorite here if it is not a Gunboat) if price was not an issue. Instead it is more of a question of would I rather have a Seawind sitting at the dock that I sail on weekends or a Gemini I can cruise on or a PDQ I can spend the winter cruising in the Bahamas on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users