• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:1 Design Racing
    Boat tinkering
    Siberian Huskies
    Camping

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

So the NA Finn page sucks to navigate. I couldn't find a regatta schedule anywhere. I'm kicking around the idea of buying a used finn. I'm wondering what clubs around the area have them that I could race it a few times a year. I can't really afford to campaign it hard... I'm pretty committed to my thistle program. I'm just looking for something to practice in by my self, to sail when there is no fleet racing at our club, and something that's international in case I ever get the itch to travel over seas to sail.

Thanks!

#2 View from the back

View from the back

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

There are a couple of boats in Rochester, and a HUGE fleet outside of Syracuse at Willowbanks YC in Casenovia, home of the Toilet Bowl regatta.

#3 bruno

bruno

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

CORK

#4 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

There are a couple of boats in Rochester, and a HUGE fleet outside of Syracuse at Willowbanks YC in Casenovia, home of the Toilet Bowl regatta.

REALLY??

#5 stinger

stinger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

Good time to get in the class. Lots of young blood in Toronto. About 8 boats. The toilet bowl at willow bank yc is a great stop. We now have 2 in Ottawa. Rob medenhallmin in Rochester has a couple. There is a good 98 devoti for sale in Toronto that would be a great start. Agree with you that the website sucks.

#6 Plumber

Plumber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Access to decent boats and masts is a challenge on the east coast. If there's a good Devoti on the market I would jump on it if i were you. I have an older Vanguard that i kick around on the lake (montreal), but would like to eventually upgrade if the fleet becomes more robust in the east.

#7 cantp1

cantp1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Sailing
    Skiing
    Squash

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Tdot

#8 sailsandsales

sailsandsales

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
    Boat tinkering
    Siberian Huskies
    Camping

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the input guys!!! I actually just talked to my friend who has 2 and I'm going to borrow/barter one of his finns for the summer!!! We'll see how it goes. I'm expecting to swim a bit, and learn a thing or 2 about hiking. I'm really excited though. If I'm correct, with the really big sail and the really small centerboard I'll have to put more priority on keeping the boat depowered, on her feet, and driving which will REALLY help me out with my thistle. I'm bummed that they changed the dates for the toilet bowl. I'm out of town that weekend for another event.

Thanks again!

#9 View from the back

View from the back

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the input guys!!! I actually just talked to my friend who has 2 and I'm going to borrow/barter one of his finns for the summer!!! We'll see how it goes. I'm expecting to swim a bit, and learn a thing or 2 about hiking. I'm really excited though. If I'm correct, with the really big sail and the really small centerboard I'll have to put more priority on keeping the boat depowered, on her feet, and driving which will REALLY help me out with my thistle. I'm bummed that they changed the dates for the toilet bowl. I'm out of town that weekend for another event.

Thanks again!

Are your friend's initials RM by any chance?

#10 sailsandsales

sailsandsales

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
    Boat tinkering
    Siberian Huskies
    Camping

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thanks again!

Ricky Martin?

#11 View from the back

View from the back

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

Thanks again!

Ricky Martin?

Robert Mendenhall?

#12 sailsandsales

sailsandsales

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
    Boat tinkering
    Siberian Huskies
    Camping

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

Thanks again!

Ricky Martin?

Robert Mendenhall?

Randy Moss? ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users