80 replies to this topic

#1 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Fairfax photographer Jason South was in Weymouth on England's south coast to watch the men's 49er final. It didn't matter if Australian sailors Iain Jensen and Nathan Outteridge failed to finish, their gold medal had been secured two days earlier when they built an insurmountable 28-point lead.

Attached Files

#2 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Fairfax photographer Jason South was in Weymouth on England's south coast to watch the men's 49er final. It didn't matter if Australian sailors Iain Jensen and Nathan Outteridge failed to finish, their gold medal had been secured two days earlier when they built an insurmountable 28-point lead.

That's what is missing from the front page. Illuminati of cunts indeed, followed by soft cock American websites calling for "anarchy" but only on their own terms.

Dorag, please enter.

#3 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

We have covered more Olympics this time 'round than ever before, and not just the yanks. But then again, a whinging aussie thinks if his favorite didn't get a story, the world has ended.

Write something about Nato and Goobs worthy of the front page and we'll post it, paps.
otherwise, STFU and blame yourself for our poor coverage on the one Olympian you have a hard cock for.

#4 Andrew P

Andrew P

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

We have covered more Olympics this time 'round than ever before, and not just the yanks. But then again, a whinging aussie thinks if his favorite didn't get a story, the world has ended.

Write something about Nato and Goobs worthy of the front page and we'll post it, paps.
otherwise, STFU and blame yourself for our poor coverage on the one Olympian you have a hard cock for.

No doubt about it, you're all class

#5 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Class has no place here. Those of you who keep trying to turn this site into the fucking Disney Channel really need to fuck back off from whence you came.

Seriously, with all the Aussies here, not a single one of you has shown even one iota of interest in putting together a little story on why Natho and Goobs are so dominant, not any interest at all in seeing that they get some face time on the world's most read sailing site. Why is that?

#6 akasideshow

akasideshow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Class has no place here. Those of you who keep trying to turn this site into the fucking Disney Channel really need to fuck back off from whence you came.

Seriously, with all the Aussies here, not a single one of you has shown even one iota of interest in putting together a little story on why Natho and Goobs are so dominant, not any interest at all in seeing that they get some face time on the world's most read sailing site. Why is that?

poor form for us to expect some journalism that might interest a very large section of your readership - got it

#7 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

wee R gud at reedn butt n0t ritin?

#8 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Fuck, I didn't know I had to find someone to write an article so I could read it. I thought that was your gig.

Paging Nicole Scott. The store manager needs you.

#9 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

wee R gud at reedn butt n0t ritin?

I don't care WHO you are - that's funny...

#10 Dirk Vivisect

Dirk Vivisect

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Fuck, I didn't know I had to find someone to write an article so I could read it. I thought that was your gig.

Paging Nicole Scott. The store manager needs you.

I don't care WHO you are - that's funny...

#11 cantp1

cantp1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Sailing
    Skiing
    Squash

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

+1
I'd read that shit. Hurry before he gets swept into the AC bullshit. Oh wait, too late.

#12 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

No need to as there are great articles written by professional journo's on other sites - ie Sail-World.com and Mysailing.com who are actually at Weymouth

#13 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Not just one Clean. You have featured every gold medal winner except the Aussi ones. Your problem not mine.

#14 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Sad day for SA when the fucking head writer for the site won't put pen to paper about an item of considerable interest to a large number of his readers. All the info you need is available at , wait for it, Google! The anarchists will fill in the gaps.
My fellow anarchists, I have written and contributed truck loads for this site over the 11 years I have been involved here and I know a lot of you have as well. This smacks of Xenophobic petulance given the abject failure of his own nation in sailing at the Olympics.

#15 ocs

ocs

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Sad day for SA when the fucking head writer for the site won't put pen to paper about an item of considerable interest to a large number of his readers. All the info you need is available at , wait for it, Google! The anarchists will fill in the gaps.
My fellow anarchists, I have written and contributed truck loads for this site over the 11 years I have been involved here and I know a lot of you have as well. This smacks of Xenophobic petulance given the abject failure of his own nation in sailing at the Olympics.

+1

#16 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

I didn't get to see the 49ers race thanks to retarded NBC coverage and the IOC's policy of not making this shit available to the general public, so I didn't report on it. I know next to nothing about Nathan or Goobs, so I'm not writing about it. You watched it, you know all about them, but rather than contribute something, you'd prefer to spend your keystrokes bitching and whinging. This site is 75% crowdsourced stories from people who want to contribute to the community and get some front page love for things they're passionate about. You prefer to compain; that's entertainment too.

You want journalism, go somewhere else. Please.

#17 stranded

stranded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Interests:cruising, racing, inshore and offshore

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

B E S T ( unauthorized ) photo of these games ! I O C Sux

#18 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

No need to as there are great articles written by professional journo's on other sites - ie Sail-World.com and Mysailing.com who are actually at Weymouth

What, there's is something other than advertising on sail world? Was it written by rob mundle about wild oats or Hamilton island?

#19 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

:lol:

#20 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

I didn't get to see the 49ers race thanks to retarded NBC coverage and the IOC's policy of not making this shit available to the general public, so I didn't report on it. I know next to nothing about Nathan or Goobs, so I'm not writing about it. You watched it, you know all about them, but rather than contribute something, you'd prefer to spend your keystrokes bitching and whinging. This site is 75% crowdsourced stories from people who want to contribute to the community and get some front page love for things they're passionate about. You prefer to compain; that's entertainment too.

Sage advice from Mr Clean indeed. Way to engender site loyalty for your advertisers.
As a regular (unpaid) contributor to this site starting way back before he even heard of it thats just plain offensive.

This from the man who has his own article about his pet buddies winning a small fleet worlds in a fading class PINNED on the front page for a whole week so far? Of course, we should have known that to him, that's far more relevant and important to the whole sailing community than something as mundane as the Olympics. Gimme a break.

#21 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Sage advice from Mr Clean indeed. Way to engender site loyalty for your advertisers.
As a regular (unpaid) contributor to this site starting way back before he even heard of it thats just plain offensive.

This from the man who has his own article about his pet buddies winning a small fleet worlds in a fading class PINNED on the front page for a whole week so far? Of course, we should have known that to him, that's far more relevant and important to the whole sailing community than something as mundane as the Olympics. Gimme a break.

Our search analytics say that the vast majority of our readers have never given a crap about the Olympics. I don't give a crap about the Olympics. Scot cares even less. Maybe it is a cultural thing, I don't know. We've only covered them so much lately (and we've done about 3x the number of front page stories this time around than we've ever done) because a) I'm fascinated by a UK star like Ben Ainslie's willingness to be a little loud and a little crazy, 2) we had passionate people sending in stories and some great exclusive pictures, and 3) US Sailing had a historically bad performance.

The front page doesn't need any more Olympics, but if you care enough, send Scot a story about Nathan and Iain. I'm sure he'll be happy to run it from a guy who used to write some great stuff for him.

Otherwise, just keep getting offended. You have some seriously thin skin for an Aussie.

#22 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

So you know nothing about a sailor that has been at the top three in the highest profile skiff class for the last 6 years and is recovering from a broken back

Maybe he should call himself Bora - but didn't he beat him in the last moth worlds

I think your last line sums you up perfectly

#23 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

It has always been so.

#24 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Then you complain when your not taken seriously !

#25 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

It has always been so.

Yeah, fair enough.

..we also know that had any American medalled in any class you would have been all over it.

Having a beer with DoRag tonight, huh?

#26 Tom O'Keefe

Tom O'Keefe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • Interests:Custom Plastic Injection Molding
    Hendo 30 Power Point
    Mac Gregor 65' Lean Machine
    Spencer 65' Rag Time
    SC 50 Horizon
    R/P 68' Tax Dancer
    R/P 86' Pyewacket

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

It's Sailing Anarchy for Christ's sake. The majority of the articles have some inside or cutting edge information. Sure sometimes it can be speculative or opinionated and not always waited for formal verification. But, quite often there is an inside story that gets out before anyone else.

What your asking at this point is for Clean to regurgitate information that's already mainstream. That may happen on occasion. But, it's not what SA is about. Now if you want to criticize SA for not having feet on the ground at the Olympics. Well maybe that's a legitiment bitch. But, as Clean pointed out he and Scott and apparently quite the majority of the US sailing community are apethetic towards the Olympics and their classes.

I myself am mildly interested. But, not passionate about the Olympics and the availability of video coverage certainly didn't help. So, maybe we're seeing a major symptom of why the US didn't medal in a single event. Maybe we need to get passionate?

#27 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Then you complain when your not taken seriously !

who's complaining?

#28 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

It has always been so.

Yeah, fair enough.

..we also know that had any American medalled in any class you would have been all over it.

Having a beer with DoRag tonight, huh?

I spend more time covering non US racing than I do covering US racing.

#29 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

dorag is an endorsed anti-AUS SA troll by clean and ed

#30 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Thats not the point Clean and you know it. From the front page...................

We love this shot from Ingrid Abery of Poland's Zofia Noceti-Klepacka sporting a fine tattoo as she finishes exhausted in in third place to claim bronze in the Women's RS:X at the Olympics
The story of Ben Ainslie and Jonas Høgh-Christensen over the past 10 days has enthralled the world's sailing fans
Gold medal winner Lijia Xu. Laser R.
At the finish of the medal race, Ben Ainslie adds it all up.
The other side of the math equation is GBR's, Ian Percy
That's the look of getting the gold on the last beat of the last race in the Star class.
Women's Laser Radial action at the 'lympics. Annalise Murphy from Ireland is dominating with 4 bullets in 5 races scored.

Plus 3 stories on the US team being crap.

49er results ?

Laser results?

No-one is asking for journalism, just report the fucking results.

#31 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

What in our 12 years of existence has led you to believe that Sailing Anarchy's job has ever been to report the fucking results????

#32 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

You reported every other medal except ours and the mens RSX.

#33 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

What in our 12 years of existence has led you to believe that Sailing Anarchy's job has ever been to report the fucking results????

2012 BMW FARR 30 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS (Top Ten):

1) USA 706 Groovederci | 43 points | Deneen Demourkas | Santa Barbara YC

2) 5) SWE 381 Farr Barr 2 | 46 points | Martin Strandberg | MSS

3) USA 50955 Barking Mad | 57 points | James Richardson | New York YC

4) GER 5373 Topas | 63 points | Dr. Harald Bruening | KYC/WYC/RORC

5) SWE 6100 The End | 64 points | Richard Goransson | KSSS

6) SWE 2 Letto Di Pletto | 77 points | Thomas Olsson | HAAS

7) SWE 659 S/Y Maskinen | 78 points | Noel Barkelius | WSSW

8) SWE 10070 Orca | 90 points | Patrik Lindblom | KSSS

9) NED 6922 Triple P | 91 points | F. Khalegi Yazdi | YC Sheveningen

10) SWE 18325 Forum Ils | 103 points | Fredrik Tham | KSSS

#34 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

You reported every other medal except ours and the mens RSX.

Yes, and that was clearly because of the anti-aussie vendetta I have. I mean, I just hate you people!

2012 BMW FARR 30 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS (Top Ten):

I'm sorry - was that on the front page?

#35 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm sorry - was that on the front page?

what front page?

you asked this

Mine was an answer....don't shoot the messenger

#36 Jono

Jono

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

Cool photo. tough crowd.
I'm waiting to see how the 470s go before I get too wound up on the results.
So far NZ are about expectations. Well done the Kiwi 49ers and all the other crews.

#37 Andrew P

Andrew P

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

a firestarter, twisted firestarter.

#38 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Clean tries his Dorag hat for size.

Dumb or Dumber ?

#39 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,128 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Haven't opened the front page in years. Haven't ever checked OTW.

Your call. Your advertisers.

#40 Norm

Norm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

470 aussie mens just won gold, great result

#41 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Gold GOLD GOLD

Now for Olivia Nina & Lucinda

Go the Speedy Sheilas

#42 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Haven't opened the front page in years. Haven't ever checked OTW.

Your call. Your advertisers.

Think Clean summed it up well, :P if its not journalism, what is it then??

#43 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

you have inspired me to write a front page piece about what SA is. Thanks.

#44 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

but will it qualify as journalism? :blink:

#45 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Of course not. Journalism is an imaginary place where bias magically disappears, where titillation is disguised yet prominent, and where poorly paid writers pretend they are noble. The internet pulled the curtain back on that particular wizard of oz, and only the old or ignorant still imagine it exists.

The most basic study of sociology will tell you that there is no story without the storyteller. We are happy to share our community's stories and tell our own, and leave it at that. That is probably why I love video interviews so much and why I edit so little out of them; everything else you have ever read is biased either from the writer or your own brain.

#46 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

BTW, what's with that Morgan guy telling everyone that Nathan's boat is a cheater? Is there some history there or what?

#47 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Sportboats and offshore supply vessels......and bow girls.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Alright boys and girls, lets look at this from a basic point of view;

SA is run primarily by AMERICANS.......so NO SHIT there would be articles about the US team in all its (lack of) glory in the games.

You want well written articles about gold medalists from your country? Sweet! Write it up and send it to Scot.....he would post it no problem. A lot of the submissions that end up on the front page come from people writing them and sending them in to SA. I know, Ive done it three different times at least. Quite jacking off and write a submission.

Clean may be doing the reporting on a lot of different events, but why should he write an article on a subject he didn't witness and is pulling from info already on the net? The coverage here in the US is ridiculous, I'm sure you aussies got WAY better coverage than we did here in 'Murica.

The whinging and bitching is fucking ridiculous guys, seriously. You want SA to be a better place? Help it by submitting stuff for the front page.

#48 Tasj

Tasj

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

BTW, what's with that Morgan guy telling everyone that Nathan's boat is a cheater? Is there some history there or what?

how predictable, "anarchy" indeed

“It’s been going on for about a year, people going on about our equipment. If someone had an issue about it they needed to come and talk to us about it, rather than just going behind our back. It's been quite frustrating. We had four boats here, in case we had problems. And we were ready to say, 'you tell us which of these four to use, so long as we can tell you which of your boats you can use.' We've got a few Bethwaites here and Mackays as well, and it was a case of, 'I don't care which boat we're going to sail because it's not going to make a difference.’

http://www.sailjuice.com/articles/Day-11-at-the-Olympic-Regatta-A-tense-battle-for-bronze

#49 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,441 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

dorag is an endorsed anti-AUS SA troll by clean and ed

I thought dorag was pretty much anti-everything...

#50 akasideshow

akasideshow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Of course not. Journalism is an imaginary place where bias magically disappears, where titillation is disguised yet prominent, and where poorly paid writers pretend they are noble. The internet pulled the curtain back on that particular wizard of oz, and only the old or ignorant still imagine it exists.

The most basic study of sociology will tell you that there is no story without the storyteller. We are happy to share our community's stories and tell our own, and leave it at that. That is probably why I love video interviews so much and why I edit so little out of them; everything else you have ever read is biased either from the writer or your own brain.

inject current events and a desire to report to the masses and we just might have a journalist here

#51 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the SailJuice link, Tasj.

Hardly think SA needs to regurgitate Oly coverage - it's NOT like the results were some sort of closely-held matter. If you want sailing results cut & pasted in between some press releases, go read scuttlebutt.

#52 Tornado_ALIVE

Tornado_ALIVE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Malcolm Page will be the AUS flag bearer at the closing ceremony.

#53 Tasj

Tasj

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for the SailJuice link, Tasj.

Hardly think SA needs to regurgitate Oly coverage -

I tend to agree about regurgitation of mainstream news, but it's just a bit odd that they had a photo or more on the front page of each gold medalist - until Australia won one.

The only excuses they come up with are contradictory.

#54 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

OMG.

This link might help.

http://www.mayoclini...s-and-diagnosis

Good Luck.

#55 RosieII

RosieII

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Very fitting that Nathan and Goobs are sitting in the green and gold hoops that are Australia's colours. I wonder if they planned it that way? Might have been a bit trickier otherwise!

#56 Par Avion

Par Avion

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting, sailing, beer.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Fuck australia. You guys are such whining bitches.

Read your LOCAL papers if you want a LOCAL story. We, don't give a shit.

#57 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Who pissed on your Vegemite sandwich?

#58 Par Avion

Par Avion

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Who pissed on your Vegemite sandwich?

No one, you can't buy that shite over here.

#59 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Good job representing the sterotypical American that the rest of the world thinks we all are in this country. Way to go.

#60 Par Avion

Par Avion

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Good job representing the sterotypical American that the rest of the world thinks we all are in this country. Way to go.

Really? Have you been anywhere outside of the retirement shit hole that is Florida? Go to Europe, see who the biggest pieces of shit are. Wherever you go, in which ever country. Loud, obnoxious and rude. Here's a hint: it's not us. We earned our right(and by we I mean as a country, I can only do my small part) to be badasses. Don't like it? Leave. I bleed Red, White and Blue. Don't support these foreign trash.

#61 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Really? Have you been anywhere outside of the retirement shit hole that is Florida? Go to Europe, see who the biggest pieces of shit are. Wherever you go, in which ever country. Loud, obnoxious and rude. Here's a hint: it's not us. We earned our right(and by we I mean as a country, I can only do my small part) to be badasses. Don't like it? Leave. I bleed Red, White and Blue. Don't support these foreign trash.

Shame you dont bleed more often!

#62 ColinG

ColinG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

He says hiding behind a french screen name...Is he secretly a cheese eating surrender monkey?. What colours are the French flag again?.:lol::lol::lol:

#63 jkdubs808

jkdubs808

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

Actually, yes......yes I have. I've done more traveling than most people ever plan on. And while you are right, there are many loud and obnoxious people in other countries they all think even worse of us because of people with the same attitudes as you. I bleed red white and blue too, and also think that we are one of the greatest countries on the planet.....but that still doesn't entitle us to tell people from places like Australia to fuck off. I have many many many friends from other countries, lots from down under. Broaden your horizons dipshit....you'd be amazed what it can do for you.

#64 irc-racer

irc-racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

I think though in amongst his nationalistic emotion he does have a point hidden in there! There does seem to be a hell of a lot of Aussie based subject matter in SA forums these days.

Clean and the SA boys do reserve the right to be selective in their Content and what nationality bias it represents.

A quick skim through the forums and the Aussies are very vocal.

It would be interesting to know the facts however on the proportion of Aussie based topics compared to members.

This was started as an Australian topic remember though.

#65 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

This is what goes up whenever Scot wakes up BTW.

the wizards of oz

Australia was the undisputed champion of Olympic sailing this month with 3 golds and a silver; with Nathan Outteridge/Iain Jenson in the 49er and Tom Slingsby in the Laser absolutely crushing their competition so hard that they won with races to spare. With all the forum debate about just what went wrong with the US effort, it’s interesting to see what went so right with the Aussies, and Pam and Doug’s “Improper Course” blog has a nice piece of insight with Aussie coach Bret Bayer (who’s coached both Slingsby and Outerridge during their career) that’s worth a read. Meanwhile, the Government-funded New South Wales Institute of Sport is poised to scrap its sailing program from next year – and with 7 of 8 Aussie sailing medalists from NSW, that’s some odd timing…

The Jones Massacre

Also worth a read is sports blogger Bomani Jones’ New York Times Op/Ed piece, not for its insight but instead for its ignorance in the belief that dinghy sailing is ‘the most exclusive’ sport in the Olympics and should get the boot from the Summer games. Before you get your panties in a bunch and start firing off nasty comments to the Times, consider that Jones’ perception of sailing mirrors that of most of the United States. Want to start making a difference? Blow up his Twitter account with links to examples of just how inclusive sailing can be. A few hundred Tweets has been known to move Senators; let’s see if y’all can sway this dude, and maybe a few of his 70,000 Twitter followers. Thread is here.

#66 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

ya forgot the Damn Unfortunate Al. Percy and Simpson

great regatta...dicked in the medal race and had the most horrendous bad luck

#67 Cavandish

Cavandish

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

NYT guy posted his editorial on facebook, already responded, he clearly dissaproves of the Aussie gold medal winners.
They obviously are just some elitist hack who bought their awards, i mean, they brought 4 boats...sail boats with pasty, flabby, non deserving athlete posures on board.

It is remotely possable he agrees with dorag as well.
Slingsby is so obviously rich the manufacturer jad a boats waiting special just for him.

DO NOT COMMENT ON HIS TWITTER OR FACEBOOK PAGE. DO NOT CONSIDER AN OCCUPY IGNORANCE MOVEMENT.

#68 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

the wizards of oz

Australia was the undisputed champion of Olympic sailing this month with 3 golds and a silver; with Nathan Outteridge/Iain Jenson in the 49er and Tom Slingsby in the Laser absolutely crushing their competition so hard that they won with races to spare. With all the forum debate about just what went wrong with the US effort, it's interesting to see what went so right with the Aussies, and Pam and Doug's "Improper Course" blog has a nice piece of insight with Aussie coach Bret Bayer (who's coached both Slingsby and Outerridge during their career) that's worth a read. Meanwhile, the Government-funded New South Wales Institute of Sport is poised to scrap its sailing program from next year – and with 7 of 8 Aussie sailing medalists from NSW, that's some odd timing…

The Jones Massacre

Also worth a read is sports blogger Bomani Jones' New York Times Op/Ed piece, not for its insight but instead for its ignorance in the belief that dinghy sailing is 'the most exclusive' sport in the Olympics and should get the boot from the Summer games. Before you get your panties in a bunch and start firing off nasty comments to the Times, consider that Jones' perception of sailing mirrors that of most of the United States. Want to start making a difference? Blow up his Twitter account with links to examples of just how inclusive sailing can be. A few hundred Tweets has been known to move Senators; let's see if y'all can sway this dude, and maybe a few of his 70,000 Twitter followers. Thread is here.

Thank you Clean.

#69 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

the wizards of oz

Australia was the undisputed champion of Olympic sailing this month with 3 golds and a silver; with Nathan Outteridge/Iain Jenson in the 49er and Tom Slingsby in the Laser absolutely crushing their competition so hard that they won with races to spare. With all the forum debate about just what went wrong with the US effort, it's interesting to see what went so right with the Aussies, and Pam and Doug's "Improper Course" blog has a nice piece of insight with Aussie coach Bret Bayer (who's coached both Slingsby and Outerridge during their career) that's worth a read. Meanwhile, the Government-funded New South Wales Institute of Sport is poised to scrap its sailing program from next year – and with 7 of 8 Aussie sailing medalists from NSW, that's some odd timing…

The Jones Massacre

Also worth a read is sports blogger Bomani Jones' New York Times Op/Ed piece, not for its insight but instead for its ignorance in the belief that dinghy sailing is 'the most exclusive' sport in the Olympics and should get the boot from the Summer games. Before you get your panties in a bunch and start firing off nasty comments to the Times, consider that Jones' perception of sailing mirrors that of most of the United States. Want to start making a difference? Blow up his Twitter account with links to examples of just how inclusive sailing can be. A few hundred Tweets has been known to move Senators; let's see if y'all can sway this dude, and maybe a few of his 70,000 Twitter followers. Thread is here.

Thank you Clean.

Yeah, thanks Clean. Even with all the winging, bitching and moaning.

#70 andym

andym

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ed Urgent;

Please remove Clean's head from his arse & wake him up before it's too late.

#71 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,024 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

I blame the world economy. Our Bogans are the only ones that can still afford to travel!!

#72 cantp1

cantp1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Sailing
    Skiing
    Squash

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

There could be. But it measures in. This is all hear say and not substantiated at all. But from what I understand, Nath usually buys Mackay's and won 2008 Melbourne worlds in hull # 984, a Mackay. Because he's just that good. However, when the new hulls came out in 2010, he bought a Bethwaite. He only races that boat in World and Olympic regattas. For other Grade 1 World Cup events, he races a Mackay that is replaced periodically. Some say that the construction of his boat is different.

In any case, Barry measures the boats in and they all weigh in and comply with class rules. Barry is renowned for making people (ie Morgan Larson at 2008 Olympic Trials) sand down their chines and other small shit like that. Barry even bought a camera to insert inside people's hulls to see if anything fishy was up. So Nathan measures in. I wasn't in Weymouth for the games to see which boat he used.

So this story was probably made up somewhere in the boat park to explain why Nathan wins every regatta he attends. Julian may have done a very good job building Nathan's boat and so he likes it, and uses it only for important events. Lots of top guys do that. In any case, it's just funny that he's the only one that uses a Bethwaite hull among Gold Fleet contenders.

I suspect JB may jump in here and correct any of my facts that are "wrong..."

EDIT: maybe someone who knows the real story can jump in here!

#73 JimC

JimC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts
  • Interests:Dinghies, especially box rule classes.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

In any case, it's just funny that he's the only one that uses a Bethwaite hull among Gold Fleet contenders.

Not that funny in that a few years ago everyone thought the MacKay boats were better... If you're an Australian team and you reckon all the boats are equal why would you not use an Australian boat in their position? I'd figure that would get more people buying home boats rather than foreign ones, which would be a few more quids for my mates in the industry.

If you think about it the real question mark would be if you used a boat that *wasn't* home grown...

#74 ojfd

ojfd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

In any case, it's just funny that he's the only one that uses a Bethwaite hull among Gold Fleet contenders.

Not that funny in that a few years ago everyone thought the MacKay boats were better... If you're an Australian team and you reckon all the boats are equal why would you not use an Australian boat in their position? I'd figure that would get more people buying home boats rather than foreign ones, which would be a few more quids for my mates in the industry.

If you think about it the real question mark would be if you used a boat that *wasn't* home grown...

Only sailors themselves (Outteridge/Jensen) and their coaches know the real answer. Sometimes it is a psychological advantage to use the "other" boat. Anyone here noticed that Belcher/Page also weren't sailing Mackay?

#75 Windward Mark

Windward Mark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Only sailors themselves (Outteridge/Jensen) and their coaches know the real answer. Sometimes it is a psychological advantage to use the "other" boat. Anyone here noticed that Belcher/Page also weren't sailing Mackay?

Nath/Goobs have 2 Bethwaite hulls, a Mckay and a Ovington. The New Zealand yachting association have come out and distanced themselves from this idiots comments as have the sailors. The other one to make a comment was the Danish bronze medallist who questioned the fact he was the only one using a Bethwaite hull before the medal race.

I know before Beijing Nath and Ben had 2 brand new boats, a Ovington ad a Mckay, despite all the testing they could not quantify any measurable performance difference between the 2 despite havinf slightly different hull shapes. With the new moulds produced from a CNC plug, I would suggest that the differences are even smaller now. I don't buy into it.

As for Matt belcher, well i don't think his father in-law would be happy if he was using a Mckay hull..... Besides, most of the Aussie 470's have been using Zeiglemeyers since 2000.

#76 ojfd

ojfd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

As for Matt belcher, well i don't think his father in-law would be happy if he was using a Mckay hull..... Besides, most of the Aussie 470's have been using Zeiglemeyers since 2000.

Well, but at Beijing both AUS 470's boats were Mackay. Go figure.

#77 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,496 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

DO NOT COMMENT ON HIS TWITTER OR FACEBOOK PAGE. DO NOT CONSIDER AN OCCUPY IGNORANCE MOVEMENT.

That is wasting an opportunity to reach 70,000 sports fans with a dose of reality. Want to make sure that 99% of Americans think sailing is what Thurston Howell III does? Keep your head in the sand.

#78 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

alan you are sailing the internet
that NYT guy is obviously trying to elicit a response as you do,
it's actually his job on that TV forum 'debate'

we are here for the sailing and one of the most naturally talented perf boat sailors to date

go visit GA or sumptin and link to some netporn,
maybe incite your countrymen to respond in a thread 'not about aussies' ?

#79 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Some very valid points there, I'll go with the above. Same basis is why you always get news from at least 2 sources before making any judgements.

#80 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Alright boys and girls, lets look at this from a basic point of view;

SA is run primarily by AMERICANS.......so NO SHIT there would be articles about the US team in all its (lack of) glory in the games.

You want well written articles about gold medalists from your country? Sweet! Write it up and send it to Scot.....he would post it no problem. A lot of the submissions that end up on the front page come from people writing them and sending them in to SA. I know, Ive done it three different times at least. Quite jacking off and write a submission.

Clean may be doing the reporting on a lot of different events, but why should he write an article on a subject he didn't witness and is pulling from info already on the net? The coverage here in the US is ridiculous, I'm sure you aussies got WAY better coverage than we did here in 'Murica.

The whinging and bitching is fucking ridiculous guys, seriously. You want SA to be a better place? Help it by submitting stuff for the front page.

Well said, you get charged to come here, don't bitch too hard just 'coz you think its missing your specific regional story.

#81 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

you read it here first

a gold medal at the olympics is a regional story,

kinda like those kids that won the three-legged race at the primary school gala day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users