CYC Sportboat Regatta and FT 10 N/A's- umm Bueller, anyone...

CYC FT10 Sportboat Coronado Flying Tiger FT 7.5 Melges

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldskool

oldskool

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just throwing a general question out to the masses. I know SF NOOD is pulling many Vipers away from this event as well as the big 505 regatta in San Fran on the same weekend, but there are currently 5 total boats registered for this regatta and we are 1 week away. I'm sure there are more people interested in this, but are waiting for more entries. Can we use this forum as the "we intend to be there/ RSVP" page. As long as people show interest, the intrest will grow. Right now, it doesn't look like there's any interest when you check the registrations.

Here's the link to go register: http://www.regattane....com/event/5836

It would be great to see all of the local sportboats racing in a mixed sportboat PHRF fleet as well as more then the usual 7 or 8 FT10's.

I have no skin in the game for this, but am sailing in the regatta and hope that it will be a good time. Currently it looks like we may be better off match racing FT7.5's off of harbor island.

Post up if you're in and just haven't had the time to register yet OR GET REGISTERED so we can all start getting excited for a super fun weekend!

Flat water, no kelp, and it's CYC- sounds like a recipe that's better than getting frozen in San Fran

#2 Tejano

Tejano

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, sailing, more sailing.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sad. Pathetic, really. Given that Scooter and Clean spent better part of a decade beating down poor olde Peter S. Craig and his High Flying Sailing Circus for Super Rich and the Super Stars (aka, KWRW) and forever predicting their imminent demise. When challenged to Put Up, or Shut Up, Scooter and SA stepped up and created ISAF. First year was a raging success and its absolutely been abandoned since. "Do as I say, not as I do"?

#3 oldskool

oldskool

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Sad. Pathetic, really. Given that Scooter and Clean spent better part of a decade beating down poor olde Peter S. Craig and his High Flying Sailing Circus for Super Rich and the Super Stars (aka, KWRW) and forever predicting their imminent demise. When challenged to Put Up, or Shut Up, Scooter and SA stepped up and created ISAF. First year was a raging success and its absolutely been abandoned since. "Do as I say, not as I do"?

...that was constructive. :blink:

Hopefully some boats will sign up this weekend. Looking forward to a great regatta

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CYC, FT10, Sportboat, Coronado, Flying Tiger, FT 7.5, Melges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users