Best sport boat for sailing on Lake Travis when theres water in it?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tejano

Tejano

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, sailing, more sailing.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sorry, Guv. Couldnt resist!

#2 hoofhearted

hoofhearted

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

South Coast 21?

#3 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Blokart or Fed 5
Attached File  7.jpg   26.28K   3 downloads

Oooops sorry.....missed the bit about water.

When and If there is water again, a Viper!

#4 Vela Sailing Supply

Vela Sailing Supply

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

What happen to the U20?

The VX One is a good choice if you want to sail 2 up. I have not be on Lake Travis in more than a year and know it is very low, but was told yesterday that you can launch a Viper, VX or anything similar.

Right now we are running a VX One special of $29,950,Including: complete boat, rigging, aluminum trailer and tie down bar, Southern Spars carbon fiber mast, Southern Spars carbon fiber boom and a full set of North (Generation 5) Sails.

FOB Savannah Georgia.

Call Ultraracer and come crew with him at the George Griffith regatta this weekend at Rush Creek YC. There are already 3 VX's committed. And if you like them, just PM me and we can get you an even better deal, fully loaded and delivered in Austin/Lake Travis.

#5 ultraracer613um

ultraracer613um

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'm doing gov cup in two weeks on the VX Tejano. Guess you boys will be there sailing something between 25 and 21'?

Dont think i'm going to make it this weekend Vela - have a trade show in new orleans. But look for us at wurstfest weekend 1, let's talk about sarasota.

#6 Stiffler's Mom

Stiffler's Mom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Fuck you you nosy bastard...

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

VX or Viper. Either way you are going fast in good company. I prefer VX.

#7 Tejano

Tejano

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, sailing, more sailing.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm doing gov cup in two weeks on the VX Tejano. Guess you boys will be there sailing something between 25 and 21'?

Dont think i'm going to make it this weekend Vela - have a trade show in new orleans. But look for us at wurstfest weekend 1, let's talk about sarasota.

Perhaps. Why do they schedule these and HYC event same damn weekend?

#8 biggus

biggus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

J/70.

Depends, as always, on what you're looking for in a boat. There are about 8 J/80's at the club, with at least 5 on hoists. This is a solid group with some great talent and travelers as well.

The J/70, however, and in my opinion, will come on strong. With it's retractable keel and lighter weight, and especially with the limited water in Travis currently, the J/70 easily trumps the J/80. In order to get a J/80 out of Travis for the NA's (Fort Worth), they're having to get a crane. Contrast that with a new 70 splashed last week without a hitch -- or rather with exactly that, a hitch! The 70 is way, way faster to a plane and doesn't load up like the 80. I've raced 80's a bunch and like the boat a lot, but I've got a deposit down on 70 arriving in the Spring!

Why not a Viper or VX? Personally, I've got a 71 year-old father and two boys, ages 4 and 2. Any breeze and we'd be great on a 70. Not interested in going swimming with these 3 generations aboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users