• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Topsides Up

Topsides Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

I've recently purchased an ft10 as a posible training boat for Yachting NSW keelboat scheme and additionally we're looking to form up a racing crew for personal use.
I'm looking for a breakdown of crew roles for respective positions so we create incorrect habbits that would be hard to break later.
Is it right to assume the following/correct names are-- Skipper, Main trimmer, Headsail trimmer, Kite trimmer, Pit, Mast/Sewer, foredeck?
The break down roles i'm mainly looking for are for Pit, Mast/sewer and foredeck however, any further advise for all positions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Bryce

Bryce

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

Welcome to the Sydney Tiger fleet, Topsides! Your positions are pretty spot on. We don't use a Mast (just a foredecky) and for general sailing on AUS66 we hoist/drop down the back hatch rather than the front (so no Sewer). For W/L racing we do drop down the front (some Tigers always hoist/drop down front) so a Sewer is used. Generally we sail with 6 but often 5 or 7. 6 is comfy especially for OD racing where there is a weight limit (614kg total) and our crew tend towards a more manly, fuller figure...

We have an FT10 North Sails Coaching Day out of RASNA on the 6th of October. Good opportunity to meet the other Tiger owners. Super 30s our of SASC is another good way to get some experience racing the Tiger. There are 5+ Tigers racing in the Super 30s Gold Cup. Other stuff is planned (e.g. Balmain Regatta 28th Oct - Tiger OD Div) I'll contact you with details.

#3 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Sounds right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users