• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Moonlight

Moonlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'm looking at getting a 30-35 footer for Lake Michigan. Love the concept of the Tiger-- fast, simple, no BS. Are there many Tigers on the lakes? Do they ever get together for one-design?

#2 eerie sailor

eerie sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'm looking at getting a 30-35 footer for Lake Michigan. Love the concept of the Tiger-- fast, simple, no BS. Are there many Tigers on the lakes? Do they ever get together for one-design?

You just had six of them get together for the Verve in August. Three from Lake Mich, two from Lake Erie. There is one from Lake Ontario,

#3 Lamps

Lamps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

You just had six of them get together for the Verve in August. Three from Lake Mich, two from Lake Erie. There is one from Lake Ontario,

two (three?) years ago they had three on the line for beer can racing out of Cobourg I am pretty sure.

#4 biogrove

biogrove

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Sailing / Music / Skiing / Homebrew

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

The guys from Louisville travel well too. They have been to Chicago a couple of times and the whole gang (mostly) has participated in the Winter Series in Florida a few times. Get one and get in on the fun!!

#5 Medicine Man

Medicine Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

There were only 2 on the start line in Cobourg, only 1 now there other one is now sailing on Galviston Bay.

#6 lar015

lar015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

The boat can stand up to some pretty ruff abuse and weather. As with all things it takes time and practise to get good. There are already 3 boats in Chicago and 2 on Lake Erie. Would love to see another tiger on any of the great lakes.

Larry
USA 789

#7 Moonlight

Moonlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thanks everyone-- very helpful. Glad to see a one design start at a recent event.

#8 MidPack

MidPack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Chicago/Lake Michigan

Sail No - Yacht Name
00080 - 007
00034 - Koko Loco
00006 - Solitary

#9 biogrove

biogrove

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Sailing / Music / Skiing / Homebrew

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

To the OP - Moonlight, I understand you found your boat in Atlanta. Congratulations and welcome to the Great Lakes FT10 Fleet. We've raced against that hull with Doug & crew and they were very tough to beat down in Pensacola. I may try to bum a ride when I visit family in the TC area over the summer. Happy Holidays - see you on the water!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users