• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 knotinterested

knotinterested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hey folks. I'm not a huge sailor, but I'm a friend of Boudreaux's, and he suggested I direct a question to y'all. I have recently become involved with a gorgeous girl who wants me to tie her up. I'm pretty psyched about this prospect....
Problem is, my knowledge of knots pretty much begins and ends with tying my shoes. Can anybody direct me to some info on how to...say...hogtie a beautiful woman? Safely? And how would I practice before I see her next, as I probably don't have any friends willing to be my guinea pigs? Thanks for any tips.
This isn't a joke, by the way.

#2 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

Fuck Off, Sock Puppet NEWBIE.

#3 knotinterested

knotinterested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, man, that's very helpful!

#4 Kirwan

Kirwan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:um... boats?

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

1. Show us the tits.

2. This isn't the right place for that. There are web sites that specialize in this stuff.

3. Search on the keyword 'Shibari'

#5 One eye Jack

One eye Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • Location:Reno,Nv. San Francisco Bay , Santa Cruz,Ca. Tahoe,Nv
  • Interests:Sailing. I shot a man in Reno.. Just to watch him die..

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Posted Image

Fuck Off, Sock Puppet NEWBIE.

exactly.. We have enough problems let alone yours

#6 titanuranus

titanuranus

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

is that you Turtle Man?

#7 Boudreaux

Boudreaux

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

hey knoti, lots of the kids on here think their hot shit sailors but can't tie a boat up, much less a woman. Check back in later I'll bet some real rigger out there knows just the knots for yer kink.

Oh, and fuck off newbie.

#8 basketcase

basketcase

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Location:The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society
  • Interests:recreational gynecology.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

http://www.itstactic...-handcuff-knot/
and show us some tits.

#9 Boudreaux

Boudreaux

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

yeah, if this all goes down, you owe us some photos of your work.

#10 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

From what I've seen of the bondage sites on the internet, and I've seen, you know, one or two... most people doing that sort of thing don't have a clew about knots or even the nature of rope in general. A lot of what I've seen works under the misconception that if you don't know what you're doing, just use lots and lots and lots of knots. Doesn't work for two very opposite reasons: (1) it still doesn't hold or (2) it can't be untied. The other popular thing is to try to emulate the look of a hangman's noose. Cute, but not very effective. And time-consuming unless you prepare a bunch ahead of time.

The number one bondage knot is the slippery half hitch. Think of half of a shoe-tying knot. It's what we use to secure a furled sail to the boom.

The best bondage line is 1-inch tubular nylon webbing. It is the most comfortable. Plus it comes in a wonderful array of colors! The downside is that it doesn't look much like "rope" so you lose out on a little of the psychological aspect. A good source is mountaineering stores like REI. Depending on what sort of apparatus you plan on using, you can get the store to cut it to lengths with their hot-knife, which will prevent or at least significantly delay unraveling the ends. Tubular webbing is smooth, soft and doesn't cut off the circulation as readily as regular round rope.

However, if you need that edge that traditional rope brings to the game, I recommend nylon three-strand. Nothing, and I mean nothing, says "I love you" like neatly-formed eye splices in 3-strand. Taper the ends and bury them, then serve over the taper and she will never leave you. Half-inch diameter 3-strand, minimum, otherwise it's too easy to cut off circulation. If her circulation to her hands or feet gets cut off you won't have enough time to become satisfied before her screams draw the attention of the neighbors and police. And know that you are going to make a lot of bad splices before you master a well-tapered and served splice. Stick with it, Grasshopper. The end result will be something you can be proud of.

Back to webbing: The handiest and quickest and easiest set-up is to have a dozen 4-foot lengths with a loose loop in one end. All the cool tops get the loops sewn in, but for a newbie like yourself, she MIGHT let you get away with a tied loop. If that's the case, make the effort to learn to tie a bowline (pronounced: BOE-linn). And the four-foot length is measured AFTER the loop is in so cut the pieces 9-inches longer to allow for sewing or tying in the loop. You should also have half a dozen longer lengths -- say, 12-feet -- to try lashings and other variations. Really, it's all about the prep.

The most useful bondage hitch would be to lasso a limb by passing the end of the rope through the loop making a sliding noose, the secure the other end to whatever fixture (eye bolts, bed posts, pillory, whatever) by passing the end around or through it, then securing it to itself with a single slippery half-hitch around the standing part. The nice thing about half-hitches it that you can really fine-tune how much tension she experiences. This set-up works because she can fine-tune the amount of restraint she feels simply by shifting around.

Here's what you don't want: some non-standard knot (most common: granny) that will slip, especially if it will slip tighter. Nothing will spoil the mood quicker than a binding that gets tighter and won't loosen up. It turns into a full-blown panic situation. As you fumble with a knife which is probably dull if you are that unprepared, the chances of injury go way up.

For a higher level of sophistication, grab a copy of Hervey Garrett Smith's The Marlinspike Sailor. Granted, this book is more oriented toward same-gender relationships but you should find LOTS of material of use for you and your special lady.

So: Half-hitch and bowline. Really all you need to know.

Got it?

#11 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Make sure you read Gerald's Game first though.

#12 knotinterested

knotinterested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

This is all great. Thanks! As for pics...Hmm...I don't think the lady would be into that.

#13 Port Tack Start

Port Tack Start

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

This is all great. Thanks! As for pics...Hmm...I don't think the lady would be into that.

But if she's tied up, how can she stop you? Think, man!

#14 knotinterested

knotinterested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

;)

#15 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

two words... duck tape

#16 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,177 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

two words... duck tape

..or 20' of velcro

#17 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

http://www.stockroom...Rope-P3081.aspx

#18 crankcall

crankcall

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Two questions, is the tieing up the "oh helpless me" type or the deeper kink of discomfort and unusual positions and the humiliation that goes with being trussed up and open like the thanksgiving turkey?
Its important because you need to match the rope to the occasion, webbing and old silk neck ties and such work great if she just wants tied to the bed, you'll want a good spool of hemp type rope for the other, its a little abrasive and just because of the friction holds simple knots and hitches well.
Be extremly careful with any fastenings around the neck, nothing with a slip knot. Keep a sharp knife handy and remember never use "harder" as a safe word.

#19 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Say his name out loud. There's your answer.

#20 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

This is one of very few knots that will actually hold a slippery little spinner's arms when the astroglide starts flowing. Tested and approved, just don't use this one for the asphyxiation thing; that's better done in surgical tubing and you must only use pressure on the ends, never a knot. Unless you're a serial killer, that is.

#21 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

two words... duck tape

..or 20' of velcro

umm thats 3 words, 4 if you count the "or" :blink: sorta... not sure '20 is a word or not.. what ws this thread about?

#22 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

oh yeah... knots and kink
Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

hee hee

Attached Files

#24 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

hee hee

is that from Chapman's?

#25 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,871 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

And this place just got ever so slightly weirder.

#26 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

For a higher level of sophistication, grab a copy of Hervey Garrett Smith's The Marlinspike Sailor. Granted, this book is more oriented toward same-gender relationships but you should find LOTS of material of use for you and your special lady.

Got it?

Get the Smith books, and make up a couple of canvas deck buckets while you're at it, super-useful for washing down afterwards, or even chilling down that bottle of champers. Also, the various Turk's Heads and sinnets used for bell-pulls and the like can be re-purposed.

#27 floating dutchman

floating dutchman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

hee hee

You put that shit on the front page? WTF

Nothing like moving the thread to GA is there.

This supposedly the most popular sailing site on the web and your showing how to tie women up on the front page?

So any women out there want to have a go at this sailing thing, I'll look it up on the interweb. Oh no what a discusting group of people.

TAKE THE FUCKEN SHIT OFF THE FRONT PAGE CLEAN!

fucken idiot

#28 USA190520

USA190520

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

hee hee

is that from Chapman's?

its a double overhand bitch hitch...

#29 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

hee hee

This supposedly the most popular sailing site on the web and your showing how to tie women up on the front page?

So any women out there want to have a go at this sailing thing, I'll look it up on the interweb. Oh no what a discusting group of people.

fucken idiot

Oh man...can't believe that got posted to the front page!

This is going to get interesting, if not very ugly.

How to alienate most of an entire gender...very quickly.

Stupid move.

#30 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,177 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

hee hee

fucken idiot

Stupid move.

...par for the course--we haven't have any Clean-idiocy for a while,,,have to get the post-count revved <_<

#31 ojfd

ojfd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

+1

#32 RedTuna

RedTuna

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

OP is getting a late start in life. I imagine she's had lots of practice. He should have her teach him how it's done.

Posted Image

#33 punter

punter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

hee hee

fucken idiot

Stupid move.

+1 on the stupidity of this.

#34 zerothehero

zerothehero

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Interests:sailing. Duh.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

very informed people on this topic around here.....

#35 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Chill out guys.. His Missus probably just read "50 Shades of Grey".. The thread is about Bondage, which if a chick wants to get tied up, she can.. Her choice, women's lib and all that stuff!

Its not like Clean posted it to teach you how to kidnap the girl next door.. In the context of the thread the picture fits..

#36 floating dutchman

floating dutchman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Chill out guys.. His Missus probably just read "50 Shades of Grey".. The thread is about Bondage, which if a chick wants to get tied up, she can.. Her choice, women's lib and all that stuff!

Its not like Clean posted it to teach you how to kidnap the girl next door.. In the context of the thread the picture fits..

The topic is fine, for GA. Two consenting adults tieing each other up in the bedroom, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Picks on how to hogtie a woman on the front page of sailing site is another story. That's just plain stupid.
Anyone new to the site viewing the FP will see the hogtie picks before they read the article, and probaly wont read the article because they would have clicked the back button and gone back to google.

#37 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

i agree with floating dutchman. thread should have been dumped in ga and poor form to put it on the fp. disappointing.

#38 saltyokie

saltyokie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:racing CAtalina 38 in CHRF fleet - SBYC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Lighten up guys - this is Sailing Anarchy - we need to have something over the top every now and then so we do not read like the Scuttlebutt -or the US Sailing Newsletter

#39 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

The topic is fine, for GA. Two consenting adults tieing each other up in the bedroom, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Picks on how to hogtie a woman on the front page of sailing site is another story. That's just plain stupid.
Anyone new to the site viewing the FP will see the hogtie picks before they read the article, and probaly wont read the article because they would have clicked the back button and gone back to google.

I agree it belong is GA but...

Some how I don't think Clean and Ed give a F@#$ if some uptight house wife isn't happy with a hog tie pic of a cartoon chick. SA wasn't made for soft and gooey love stories. It was made to make people laugh with sailing news thrown in.

You want Print media style articles, Go to V-Sail or Sail world. You want a laugh and hear stories you would never read about on those other sites, come to SA. We all know what its like don't pretend its something it is not.

Maybe you should join this forum instead.. CLICK HERE!

#40 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Some how I don't think Clean and Ed give a F@#$ if some uptight house wife isn't happy with a hog tie pic of a cartoon chick. SA wasn't made for soft and gooey love stories. It was made to make people laugh with sailing news thrown in.

You want Print media style articles, Go to V-Sail or Sail world. You want a laugh and hear stories you would never read about on those other sites, come to SA. We all know what its like don't pretend its something it is not.

Hey, I've always been a strong proponent of the "anarchy" aspect on this furball but you said it yourself: "It was made..." past tense. It now reaches a far wider, younger (male and female) audience and, therefore, holds some responsibility, on the front page at least, to keep it reasonably tidy for any audience to digest.

Inside GA (which is where this thread belongs) it's anything goes - we all know and love that. Something that makes light of how to tie up a woman on the front page is beyond making people laugh with sailing news thrown in. It's degrading and in very poor taste.

How can Clean & Ed post pix of young women sailors as SCOTWs and extol their mad sailing skills one day (think recent pix of very cute Swedish sailors) and the next day imply that tying up women is something to laugh about? Not on at all.

#41 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

Hey, I've always been a strong proponent of the "anarchy" aspect on this furball but you said it yourself: "It was made..." past tense. It now reaches a far wider, younger (male and female) audience and, therefore, holds some responsibility, on the front page at least, to keep it reasonably tidy for any audience to digest.

Inside GA (which is where this thread belongs) it's anything goes - we all know and love that. Something that makes light of how to tie up a woman on the front page is beyond making people laugh with sailing news thrown in. It's degrading and in very poor taste.

How can Clean & Ed post pix of young women sailors as SCOTWs and extol their mad sailing skills one day (think recent pix of very cute Swedish sailors) and the next day imply that tying up women is something to laugh about? Not on at all.

Yea, what tuffie said!

#42 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Location:Tinh Gia, Central North Province, Vietnam, but I still call Australia home.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Totally agree with Tuffie.

GA is the right place for this.
Pretty sure its someone's sock puppet having a bit of fun, and seen the funny side of it.

DEFINITELY not right for the front page for the exact reasons Tuffie states above.
Some of the ladies we sailed with in Qatar were interested in the stories and Mrs Leka in the calendar pics on here.
A picture like that on the screen could have serious consequences there.

Not that SA is trying to improve its Middle East readership, but point remains the same.

Keep it off the front page.

#43 imakebadjokes

imakebadjokes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Sailing Faster Than You

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

This about sums it up.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sVs9Tuapoqw

#44 Leka

Leka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Location:Tinh Gia, Central North Province, Vietnam, but I still call Australia home.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Pretty sure its someone's sock puppet having a bit of fun, and seen the funny side of it.

DEFINITELY not right for the front page for the exact reasons Tuffie states above.
Some of the ladies we sailed with in Qatar were interested in the stories and Mrs Leka in the calendar pics on here.

Not that SA is trying to improve its Middle East readership, but point remains the same.

Hell, they even air brush women out of IKEA catalougues in Saudi!!!
http://news.ninemsn....saudi-catalogue

#45 albanyguy

albanyguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

+1

#46 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,871 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Agreed.

#47 SPORTSCAR

SPORTSCAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
  • Interests:sailing (duh!)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

two words... duck tape

two more words - cable ties

Please don't ask me how I know about that...

#48 Y. S. Yodel

Y. S. Yodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Start here;
Posted Image

Bondage riggers prefer natural fiber ropes - hemp etc. http://www.twistedmonk.com/ is one source.

They use lots of knots because it's about the look, as well as about restraint.

Safe words are vital. As are EMT shears.

Posted Image Posted Image

#49 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

I don't know Tuffie, Maybe your going soft with age.. Turn this around and if it was a Female asking about tying up a bloke, would you still get the outcry and excuses about the middle east etc..
Check this out http://ten.com.au/vi...movideo_p=45071 it is last nights episode that had a discussion about the same subject.. on free to air TV at 8.30pm at night.. Oh no... Some lady might turn the TV on and hear people talking about bondage.. I suppose that serves her right for steeping foot out of the kitchen right??

They aren't implying it is "Funny" to tie a chick up.. In fact it isn't really a joke at all. They posted a pic and the "Question" from the OP..

I'm not into bondage but each to their own. There always seems to be an outcry, and bear with me on this, from the older generation when this kind of stuff is aired in public.. It happens, deal with it.. Its not like it was a picture of a chick and a donkey or anything. Which by the way is much easier to find on the inter-webs than a sailing website with the odd left field post on the front page.

And the fact about what SA "was" and "is" is a mute point.. SA has grown in popularity due to what it is.. Not a hope and dream that one day it will as pure as the bible. Sure it has become a little more tame over time but they have no responsibility to keep it G rated, if you believe they do, Maybe its time to start your own sailing website..or move to a country that Net Nannies every webpage.

#50 floating dutchman

floating dutchman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I don't know Tuffie, Maybe your going soft with age.. Turn this around and if it was a Female asking about tying up a bloke, would you still get the outcry and excuses about the middle east etc..
Check this out http://ten.com.au/vi...movideo_p=45071 it is last nights episode that had a discussion about the same subject.. on free to air TV at 8.30pm at night.. Oh no... Some lady might turn the TV on and hear people talking about bondage.. I suppose that serves her right for steeping foot out of the kitchen right??

They aren't implying it is "Funny" to tie a chick up.. In fact it isn't really a joke at all. They posted a pic and the "Question" from the OP..

I'm not into bondage but each to their own. There always seems to be an outcry, and bear with me on this, from the older generation when this kind of stuff is aired in public.. It happens, deal with it.. Its not like it was a picture of a chick and a donkey or anything. Which by the way is much easier to find on the inter-webs than a sailing website with the odd left field post on the front page.

And the fact about what SA "was" and "is" is a mute point.. SA has grown in popularity due to what it is.. Not a hope and dream that one day it will as pure as the bible. Sure it has become a little more tame over time but they have no responsibility to keep it G rated, if you believe they do, Maybe its time to start your own sailing website..or move to a country that Net Nannies every webpage.

You're missing the point of the the objection. Go to google and type in "sailing" Then count how many click's it takes to get from there to instructions on how to hog-tie a woman, complete with pictures, on the FP of this website.

As for the whole "Tying each other up in the bedroom" subject is concerned, If you notice me typing a little slower tomorow you'll know that that suggestion went down like a cup of cold sick.
Topic belongs in GA. Not the front page of a sailing website.

#51 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't think I'm Missing the point at all.

It is their website, they can run it how they want. The World Wide Web is a never ending tunnel of smut and incorrect information. Objecting to another users question being put on one of the Sites pages.. Not your call.. If you don't like it, go else where, or read a book or do something else except for whinge about what other people do.

This isn't a democracy. You don't Vote, you don't have a local representative. It's a dictatorship... Always has been, always will be.

#52 Inattentive Observer

Inattentive Observer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I can only imagine what some of the reactions would be to some of the front-page posts back in the day.

Oh, Heaven forfend... :rolleyes:

#53 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I get your <well made> points MSA. I genuinely do. And it's an interesting debate that will no doubt divide many of us. I'm just not in complete agreement with your thinking that SA can chuck whatever they want on the front page anymore.

SA can't expect to be all wholesome, patting the backs of parents and "look at us we're publicizing youth sailing" one day and then post a user's guide to female bondage another day. It's wrong. Think about it. The very kids who had their pix plastered on the SA front page are going to come back and look for more, often...and so are their friends who think it's way cool that their mates got cred on the front page of the busiest sailing website in the world.

That level of exposure, female and youth segment penetration (forgive the choice of words, please) and ever expanding global reach comes with an ever increasing level of editorial responsibility - at least for the front page, surely.

Look, I'm not against pornography or whatever anyone wants to do with their partners in the rack but time and place has to be considered when you're assuming the responsibility of leaving lasting impressions on the minds of youth sailors and attempting to respect and celebrate women sailors. This one runs so contra to that it's baffling.

#54 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

I do also understand your points. I just have a different belief of what the internet is I suppose. It's like the school yard with no one to keep you in check (to a degree). If there is no teacher on patrol, Shit gets real, Fast!

Maybe that comes from being a youth when all this stuff (internet) started to be accessible to everyday people.. My god did I search some wack shit as a kid... If only the parents knew what the internet was becoming back then haha...

If it is not incriminating or illegal, and I'm sure Ed and Clean are all over that now, then they can do as they see fit. Morally wrong or not, its their choice to do as they please within the laws. Well that's how I see it.

It is a good debate as you say..

#55 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

two words... duck tape

Please don't ask me how I know about that...

ok, I wont ask ya about that..
but are we talking skinny little cable ties, like for tidying up instrument wires? or the big-ass heavy duty jobbies you'd use to re-attach the front bumper to your car to get it home? Police handcuff sorta things.. ya know?

Posted Image

#56 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

oh ffs....grow up.
no one is or has ever argued that the website does not belong to scot to do with what he chooses. that is a pretty lame point in defending this or any fp article. so why don't you leave off that sad excuse and drop the "this is anarchy, bro" b.s. too.

posting that on the front page is counter productive to drawing readership of junior and female members. if alienating them is the goal....good start.

sure there is a place for the discussion and i would expect most to say fuck off to any who wished to eliminate the thread or discussion, but there is a place for it and that place is in ga. pin the damn thing if you think it's so relevant, but posting it on the fp is an embarrassment. i sure as hell won't be recommending anyone i know to visit the site until that crap gets buried.
just my opinion...to which i am entitled.
carry on......

#57 Hwyl

Hwyl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I agree, get it off the front page

#58 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Your Attitude is partly what I was trying to point out.. Why is it counter productive to female readership?.... Kids I can understand, they don't need to know about that, but if my kid was searching SA I'd be worried anyway, well before learning how to hog tie. To be honest DoRag should be more worrying on the kids front..

It is obviously a consensual action between two adults. Who are within their rights to do and ask questions about it.
Nothing was said like "Go home and tie your bitch up 'cos it's funny"

So please tell me how it is degrading to women and alienates them when the same action is also done to men and also a legal action?

What I do object to is how this book can be sold to a Child of any age.. Any department store, Walmart, Kmart etc etc.. It is much worse than what you have seen on the "Front Page".

It also appeals to women and they love it... Same family of acts and "alienation of women" you speak of..

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0345803485

#59 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

I do also understand your points. I just have a different belief of what the internet is I suppose. It's like the school yard with no one to keep you in check (to a degree). If there is no teacher on patrol, Shit gets real, Fast!

Maybe that comes from being a youth when all this stuff (internet) started to be accessible to everyday people.. My god did I search some wack shit as a kid... If only the parents knew what the internet was becoming back then haha...

If it is not incriminating or illegal, and I'm sure Ed and Clean are all over that now, then they can do as they see fit. Morally wrong or not, its their choice to do as they please within the laws. Well that's how I see it.

It is a good debate as you say..

Yes indeed...

To add to it, I completely respect the Ed's right to total freedom of speech. That was the whole premise behind SA - say whatever the fuck we wanted about sailing...and anything else filthy, opinionated, un-founded in fact, rumor-based, maligning...uh, did I say filthy? Anyway, it's hard for me to think of SA as more than a little bleached out now and kinder/gentler - ugh!! - because that's what it's become. A shadow of it's glorious, original furballiness.

I don't know...I'm struggling with this. You make a decent point. I just also struggle with sexist behavior and screwing around with young minds...God knows they're exposed to enough shit at earlier and earlier ages now (and no, I don't have any kids - thank Christ!!).

#60 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

what does consensual sex have to do with sailing? what does hogtie a woman up have to do with sailing? seriously, are you this juvenile? apparently, yes, you are.
it's a ga topic...you know it, i know it, every one knows it.....

#61 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

hee hee

fucken idiot

What's wrong with tying your woman up? That's pretty normal behavior as far as I can tell.

You can thank yourself for motivating me to put the best answer from this thread on the front page tomorrow.

#62 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

hee hee

fucken idiot

What's wrong with tying your woman up? That's pretty normal behavior as far as I can tell.

You can thank yourself for motivating me to put the best answer from this thread on the front page tomorrow.

Who's older? You or Left Hook?

#63 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

hee hee

fucken idiot

Well...there's our answer I guess.

And the beat goes on...

#64 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

hee hee

fucken idiot

Well...there's our answer I guess.

And the beat goes on...

surely you weren't expecting anything different..........

#65 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

holds some responsibility, on the front page at least, to keep it reasonably tidy for any audience to digest.

Not really Tuffy. I'd say our responsibility is to deliver what we've always delivered to the readers regardless of how wide our reach has become. That's why we still show tits or people of questionable morals occasionally and still use a swear word or three on the front page; because we always have.

Something that makes light of how to tie up a woman on the front page is beyond making people laugh with sailing news thrown in. It's degrading and in very poor taste.

I don't know where you people live, but bondage is a way of life in the states. There are three stores and a couple of nightclubs dedicated to it not three miles from where I live. It's also been a frequent subject amongst me and the sailor chicks; I can guarantee you that your sailor chick has thought about being tied up by you (or someone she liked better) at some point; might as well quit with the puritanism and give her what she wants.

#66 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Are you honestly telling me that you've never enjoyed being restrained Elle? I find that nearly impossible to believe.

Who's more sexually repressed: You or Moondance44?

#67 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

i never said anything of the sort...much less did i "honestly tell" you.
i said the topic should stand....in ga.

sorry, clean...i know and understand your penchant for shock value...it is just my opinion that it is counter productive to gaining a broader audience of women and juniors. if that's your goal, you are making a good start. it's poor form, imo.

#68 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Are you honestly telling me that you've never enjoyed being restrained Elle? I find that nearly impossible to believe.

Who's more sexually repressed: You or Moondance44?

if you're taking bets, i'll go with matt b

#69 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

sorry, clean...i know and understand your penchant for shock value...it is just my opinion that it is counter productive to gaining a broader audience of women and juniors. if that's your goal, you are making a good start. it's poor form, imo.

Our goal is to entertain and inform our audience; that's the people who have supported us with their clicks, kind words, and yes, even criticism, over the past decade and change. When we do that well, that audience grows.

After 12 years of operation that has seen SA go from zero to millions of readers and from a tiny little blog to the world's most popular site for sailors, why in god's name would we change our model? Certainly not to 'gain a broader audience of women and juniors', because that has nothing to do with our goal. We already have the largest chunk of women and junior/college sailors of any racing pub anyway.

#70 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

what does consensual sex have to do with sailing?

Best sex of my life was on a sailboat. Few things better than you and your girl (and maybe her friend) in a cockpit, naked in the sun, a few miles offshore, moderate breeze, just enough swell to give you a nice natural ooching motion...

what does hogtie a woman up have to do with sailing?

Sailing and bondage go together like...well, mountain climbing and bondage. Something about really liking rope, I dunno, but sailor chicks are some of the most adventurous I've had the joy of knowing. Rock climbing chicks are a little scary.

seriously, are you this juvenile? apparently, yes, you are.
it's a ga topic...you know it, i know it, every one knows it.....

Lots and lots and lots and lots of GA topics make it to the front page. Know why? They are entertaining.

#71 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Our goal is to entertain and inform our audience; that's the people who have supported us with their clicks, kind words, and yes, even criticism, over the past decade and change. When we do that well, that audience grows.

After 12 years of operation that has seen SA go from zero to millions of readers and from a tiny little blog to the world's most popular site for sailors, why in god's name would we change our model? Certainly not to 'gain a broader audience of women and juniors', because that has nothing to do with our goal. We already have the largest chunk of women and junior/college sailors of any racing pub anyway.

the beauty of your model is that i get to tell you (and everyone else) my opinion, right? certainly not like i had any expectation of you changing the fp, the model or your opinion. but i feel better for voicing mine on the subject...and honestly, what the hell other reason is there for posting in open forum form? to trade opinions and information.

#72 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

the beauty of your model is that i get to tell you (and everyone else) my opinion, right? certainly not like i had any expectation of you changing the fp, the model or your opinion. but i feel better for voicing mine on the subject...and honestly, what the hell other reason is there for posting in open forum form? to trade opinions and information.

Absolument cherie

And always happy to have your opinion on any subject. Just as happy to correct your mistaken understanding as to SA's 'goals'.

#73 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Interests:Mount Gay Sugarcane

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Absolument cherie

And always happy to have your opinion on any subject. Just as happy to correct your mistaken understanding as to SA's 'goals'.

What goal would that be? To brag you are 13 and just discovered "bondage" on the interwebs?

#74 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Absolument cherie

now, now, clean...you know i didn't purport to know sa's goals but thanks for clarifying them.

#75 ssi

ssi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Wah wah wah wah, it's so wrong, it's so repulsive, and yet, you're all still here, yammering about it. Just as you were when they posted that really young Aussie non-sailing chick with poor pubes trim.

#76 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

I can dig this line of thinking. That's exactly what I was doing too.

Like I said earlier...and the beat goes on. I had a boss who was very fond of saying, "Don't like it? Vote with your feet."

I'm not going anywhere...but I still think it was a stupid thing to post to the FP. In GA? Hell ya!

#77 Guvacine

Guvacine

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Multihulls

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Unbelievable bad taste. Way to completely alienate the (silent) majority of your readership.

#78 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

You're missing the point of the the objection. Go to google and type in "sailing" Then count how many click's it takes to get from there to instructions on how to hog-tie a woman, complete with pictures, on the FP of this website.

As of the date/time of this post, at least 8 clicks. The first click is because SA is not on the 1st page of Google results for 'sailing'.

Other clicks are for scrolling down, down, down...
and I have a large screen.

Meh... if It were my web site and I didn't five a **** I might post the exact same thing.
I'm pretty devient and irresponsible, so there's that.

#79 SailRacer

SailRacer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Listen,
Some people want to tie people up,

Some want to be tied up.

Something for everyone here at SA!!

#80 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

two words... duck tape

No and no. There is a huge HUGE difference between B&D role-playing and serious hostage-taking. Cable ties and duct tape do not belong in the former. They are painful, and not in a good way.

Though I have heard of duct tape used for a Ghetto Brazilian. Woof!

Posted Image

Oooo! I know a certain new Farr 40 program which needs some middle, 2nd from bottom!

#81 floating dutchman

floating dutchman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

hee hee

fucken idiot

Where did I say there was something wrong with tying up your woman?

I said there was something wrong with that shit on the FP.

Fine, put more of that shit on the front page. I see it's making you lots of freinds so far.

#82 zerothehero

zerothehero

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Interests:sailing. Duh.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

There's more T&A on this site than any I know of that don't have xxx in the title. And there is kid stuff too. Belong together? Nope. But isn't it funny that this whole debate seems to be about if it should be on the FP or not? So if it is GA it's fine? So 2 letters makes you feel better about it? Or if it had a "friday" title? Come on who are you kidding? Yourself, that's who. Will it turn off part of the audience? Maybe. Maybe less than the Friday titled threads, maybe more. And maybe, just maybe it isn't going to turn off more than it might draw in. Is it for me, no. But whatever, like Facebook this place is free and we all come and go because we like it. Don't like it? Your choice, move along. Like it and stay. I have been here long enough to have a thick skin about it, some seem more tender. You want to know about people on the net, pull up a youtube video. Nothing really edgy and then skip to the comments. People are animals once the accountability is gone. At least Clean and the Ed aren't hiding who they are, thye might be asses but they are ok with it.

#83 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,348 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

I can only imagine what some of the reactions would be to some of the front-page posts back in the day.

Apparently Scot had no responsibility back then. :lol:

#84 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Apparently Scot hasd no responsibility back then. :lol:

Fixed it dude. ;)

#85 Boudreaux

Boudreaux

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Wow, I knew that this post would be a hit among the regular readers, but never imagined we'd find it on the front page. How tacky of you Clean! I'd expect nothing less.

This post should remain in SA rather than moving to GA. If you've ever looked at the "Ashley Book of Knots" you'd see hundreds of knots, and just a few that are complimentary to KnotIntrested's pursuit. Clean's diagram fills a gap in this otherwise encyclopedic book of Knots. A missing section in the Bible of Knots is surely relevant to the SA community, even if it's not directly related to moving a boat from A to B.

Sounds like there will be no pics, but I'm sure I'll hear tales of the outcome, and I'll let ya'll know.

#86 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Appropriate blog post on today's BLUR (google translate will help you with your Swedish): October Sailing = Fifty Shades of Grey

#87 Asymptote

Asymptote

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

It strikes me that the OP was just hoping for a little street cred here on SA. Otherwise he could have found all the instructional videos in about ten keystrokes and mouse clicks.

What actually bugs me is that no one has pointed out that his diagram is not a hogtie.

Probably would mistake a bowline from a clove hitch as well. Sheeesh. No credit due.

(IMHO, though....take it to GA.)

#88 knotinterested

knotinterested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

It strikes me that the OP was just hoping for a little street cred here on SA. Otherwise he could have found all the instructional videos in about ten keystrokes and mouse clicks.

What actually bugs me is that no one has pointed out that his diagram is not a hogtie.

Probably would mistake a bowline from a clove hitch as well. Sheeesh. No credit due.

(IMHO, though....take it to GA.)

Asymptote-
1.Nope, not looking for "street cred." A friend just suggested I might find a lot of knowledge about knots from the readership on this site. He was right. I really appreciate the info I've gotten from the folks who've tried to be helpful.
2.The "hogtie" diagram's not my post.
3.The insult about my knowledge of knots doesn't really connect, because I'm self-avowedly ignorant of knots. That's why I posted in the first place.
4.But I can correct your grammar a bit. I think it would be "mistake a bowline FOR a clove hitch." Not from. Sheesh.

#89 redrightreturn

redrightreturn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Crossed the Line, Keep SA a little CLEANer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users