#1 LDH

LDH

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hey all,

Im keeping an ear to the ground for a spot on a crew turning right out of the heads this year on an IRC boat. I have done a bunch of Southport races, Blue water races, SOPS, OPS, Hammos, Airlies, Port Stephens, Deliveries etc etc mostly on boats in the 35-50ft range. This seems to be the time of year that people are finalising crews so if you end up looking, send me a PM! I haven’t done the race before as it has historically been a busy time of year with work but now a different job means I really want to cross it off my bucket list this year.

#2 LDH

LDH

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Oh, and forgot to mention, have all my certs (Sssc, radio and first aid).

#3 Barbara_Banker

Barbara_Banker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Selling home loans, drinking, snarling at all the poor people wanting to buy houses.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Keep at it there is more last minute scrambles for crew than most think. You have employable certs, if you can drive and or are a foredeckie/backup bow it can help since they seem to be the biggest boat sluts jumping ship late in the game.

#4 LDH

LDH

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words :) I have several years on the bow up my sleeve so hopefully that helps! Any tips on where to go snooping for a ride, i'd love to hear also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users